• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

MST3K and RiffTrax

Started by ItsOver, July 12, 2014, 11:09:58 AM

ItsOver

I had "movie sign" tonight. :)  Damn it, no short tonight, probably because the movie was pretty long.  Some funny moments but not quite as good as riffing "Sharknado."  "Godzilla," while not exactly academy award material, isn't completely awful as a stand alone movie.  Just too damn long without any creative material or anything noteworthy, including the actors.  The RiffTrax boys are at their best when the movie is the worst. 

While the world remembers Robin Williams, hardcore Mysterons are remembering famous Peyton Place star Ed Nelson, who left this mortal movie sign coil on Aug 9, '14.

He had leading roles in numerous films spanning decades. Not to mention the exhausting television work resume. He must have been secret triplets. (1 down, 2 to go?)

Relative to this thread, Nelson had roles in the following MST3K treated films:

K15- SUPERDOME
315- TEENAGE CAVEMAN
503- SWAMP DIAMONDS
701- NIGHT OF THE BLOOD BEAST
814- RIDING WITH DEATH.

[attachimg=1]

Movement Key : FP

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on August 15, 2014, 12:41:40 PM
While the world remembers Robin Williams, hardcore Mysterons are remembering famous Peyton Place star Ed Nelson, who left this mortal movie sign coil on Aug 9, '14.

Ed had roles in the following MST3K treated films:

K15- SUPERDOME
315- TEENAGE CAVEMAN
503- SWAMP DIAMONDS
701- NIGHT OF THE BLOOD BEAST
814- RIDING WITH DEATH.

[attachimg=1]

Movement Key : FP

Teenage cavemen apparently matured a lot faster than modern teens.  These poor kids (including EN) look like they're pushing thirty.

[attachimg=1]

They sure had nice hair, though!

[attachimg=2]

They

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on August 15, 2014, 12:49:08 PM
Teenage cavemen apparently matured a lot faster than modern teens.  These poor kids (including EN) look like they're pushing thirty.

That's because the time traveling Illuminati were pumping dinosaur meat full of growth hormones.

The bastards!

Movement Key : KA

The Hungarian Ghoulash Games
starring Bela Lugosi

Every year, I return on the date of my death.

Every year, this Cam Ah Zotz Ah Dough Mat busts my Hungarian balls.

It is ... offensive. On so many levels. The lack of originality drains my blood.

[attach=1]

Movement Key : C2

Crow and Tom Servo doing a parody of the commercials featuring Orville Redenbacher and his unctuous grandson.  It popped into my mind tonight, but don't ask me why, because I probably don't want to know the answer.

[attachimg=1]

C3

"The Frank" trailer !!!!!

Hahahaha.  I love this.  (Anyone attending DragonCon this weekend can possibly purchase a pre-release DVD copy of The Frank at table 19.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=O2dWJIastOM

PP
Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on August 28, 2014, 06:39:40 PM
Thank you, Cam.

You're welcome.

Anything I can do to assist fellow Mysterons is time well spent.

(While the accepted term is "Mysties," my term has more gravitas (heh) and it also evokes supermarionation.)

ItsOver

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on August 28, 2014, 06:51:33 PM
PP
You're welcome.

Anything I can do to assist fellow Mysterons is time well spen(While the accepted term is "Mysties," my term has more gravitas (heh) and it also evokes supermarionation.)
Mysterons.  I like it.  Plus it brings this Japanese, ahem, movie, I guess that's what you call it, to mind.

RIP, Richard "Eegah" Kiel.  The world would be a much different, and maybe even much better, place if only that movie had captured the imagination of the moviegoing public and catapulted him and Arch Hall Senior and Junior to cinematic superstardom.  Unfortunately, we'll never know.

[attachimg=1]

ItsOver

For some reason, I thought he'd passed on quite some time ago.  Of course, I can't resist mentioning his immortal role as the Kanamit in George's favorite Twilight Zone episode, "To Serve Man."

Courtesy of Wiki:

"Three days before his death, Kiel had been a guest on BBC Radio 4 along with Roger Moore, Barbara Broccoli, Michael G. Wilson, Britt Ekland, and John Glen, talking about their time on the James Bond franchise. After Kiel's death, Moore said that he thought Kiel sounded weak, but at the time, thought it was the connection as he was in Fresno, California, calling into the show."

On a happier MST3K note, I read where Vimeo has added 80 episodes of MST3K.  Each episode is available to rent for $2.99 or purchase for $9.99.  Vimeo.com/ondemand/mst3k.   

For me, Retro TV is serving just fine for Saturday night "movie sign!"  The fact it's not costing me anything is just icing on the cake.

Quote from: ItsOver on September 19, 2014, 11:41:03 AM

On a happier MST3K note, I read where Vimeo has added 80 episodes of MST3K.  Each episode is available to rent for $2.99 or purchase for $9.99.  Vimeo.com/ondemand/mst3k.   

For me, Retro TV is serving just fine for Saturday night "movie sign!"  The fact it's not costing me anything is just icing on the cake.

Check YouTube for free viewing, too.  I read a few weeks ago that they posted all the episodes there.   

ItsOver

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on September 19, 2014, 12:33:49 PM
Check YouTube for free viewing, too.  I read a few weeks ago that they posted all the episodes there.
Thanks, RGG!  It's always good to have more than one potential source for a MST3K "fix."  My tin-foiled wrapped rabbit-ear set-up for Retro reception could implode without warning.  I'm paranoid HAARP is still secretly in operation and targeting misfits like me and fellow Mysterons. ;)

Quote from: ItsOver on September 19, 2014, 12:41:41 PM
Thanks, RGG!  It's always good to have more than one potential source for a MST3K "fix."  My tin-foiled wrapped rabbit-ear set-up for Retro reception could implode without warning.  I'm paranoid HAARP is still secretly in operation and targeting misfits like me and fellow Mysterons. ;)

Cheers, IO!  And as long as you have a thick layer of tinfoil on those rabbit ears, you should be safe from HAARP.

Live MST3K Turkey Day Marathon on now with new intro commentary by Joel Hodgson!  Thanks to coaster for the heads up!

https://www.shoutfactory.com/editorials/mst3k-turkey-day-sale-marathon

Happy Sampo!

ks3484

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on September 19, 2014, 12:33:49 PM

► I believe that the following link lists all of the full length movies that are for rent or sale on YouTube -  Movies - YouTube

► Likewise, I am also pretty sure that all of YouTube's free full length movies can be found at this link: Free Movies - YouTube

► Here also is a link to playlists of movies on YouTube - YouTube Play Lists

Just finished Lasterblast, now starting Pod People at 6:53 EST.

Uncle Duke

Three favorite episodes:

1) Mitchell
2) Prince of Space
3) The Starfighters

Quote from: Uncle Duke on November 27, 2014, 07:23:21 PM
Three favorite episodes:

1) Mitchell
2) Prince of Space
3) The Starfighters

I like watching "Mitchell" and "The Brain That Wouldn't Die" as a double feature to relive the Joel to Mike transition.  Shout Factory putting those two episodes on a single bonus disc in the 25th Anniversary volume is a damned near perfect tribute to the change.

ItsOver

Also, the next RiffTrax Live will be next Thursday, hopefully at a theater near you.  The guys will be riffing "Santa Claus," in keeping with the holiday spirit.

I caught a little of the Pod People today.  That movie is so awful, a little was more than enough.  The Joel and bots break segments were quite clever, though, especially their take on New Age music, as produced by "Some Guys in Space."

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PKKKo3moi24#

"Mitchell" is definitely in my top three.  I've had a VHS tape since it was first released.  What could be better than watching a suave Joe Don Baker belching down a brew in front of the SOL crew.  We're talking prime MST3K entertainment, my friends.  Take that, Gnoory!

coaster

I got a quarter through Laser Blast before my computer farted out. Was a lot of fun while it lasted though.

Since it's one of my favorites and so many of you mentioned it, I had to watch Mitchell after the marathon, and I'm glad I did.  It's been awhile, and I'd forgotten a lot of it.  What a masterpiece!  ;D 

ItsOver

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on November 28, 2014, 12:33:22 AM
Since it's one of my favorites and so many of you mentioned it, I had to watch Mitchell after the marathon, and I'm glad I did.  It's been awhile, and I'd forgotten a lot of it.  What a masterpiece!  ;D
Nice avatar, RGG.  MST3K doing "Mitchell!"  A true classhic.  Burp.....

Uncle Duke

Quote from: ItsOver on November 28, 2014, 09:22:27 AM
Nice avatar, RGG.  MST3K doing "Mitchell!"  A true classhic.  Burp.....

I think "Mitchell" was referenced in more MST3K episodes than any other. There were episodes where one of the bots would yell "Mitchell" out of the blue.

Quote from: Uncle Duke on November 28, 2014, 10:29:29 AM
I think "Mitchell" was referenced in more MST3K episodes than any other. There were episodes where one of the bots would yell "Mitchell" out of the blue.

Yeah, that was right up there with "McCloud!"

"How do you like your Scotch?"

"By the quart.  And I usually take it with a Ding Dong in it."   ;D

ItsOver

"Mitchell" is noteable for so many things.  The one I most greatly appreciate is the exquisite pairing of Joe Don with Linda Evans.  A testament to Hollywood's never ending genius.  I must admit to being forever disappointed there has never been a pairing of Boss Hogg with Mary Tyler Moore.  Now that would have been perfection.

"Linda, YOU CAN DO BETTER!!!"

Quote from: ItsOver on November 28, 2014, 02:40:45 PM
"Mitchell" is noteable for so many things.  The one I most greatly appreciate is the exquisite pairing of Joe Don with Linda Evans.  A testament to Hollywood's never ending genius.  I must admit to being forever disappointed there has never been a pairing of Boss Hogg with Mary Tyler Moore.  Now that would have been perfection.

"Linda, YOU CAN DO BETTER!!!"

Their scenes in bed are a definite low point in cinematic eroticism, especially when he's slobbering all over her feet with his stale Schlitz mouth.  I wonder if that was scripted, or if JDB was improvising.  Even Boss Hogg and MTM couldn't surpass that!

ItsOver

The boys are live tonight and there's a short!

"RiffTrax Live: SANTA CLAUS is tonight!
The holiday comedy event of the year is finally upon us, when Mike, Kevin and Bill hit the stage to take on the K. Gordon Murray classic SANTA CLAUS! This classic 1959 Christmas movie pits Santa, who lives in a castle in outer space with his friend Merlin of course, against the forces of evil! 

We'll be riffing the full director's cut of this movie LIVE from Nashville and beaming it through outer space to over 650 theaters across the United States for only ONE NIGHT - tonight, Thursday, December 4th, at 8pm Eastern / 7pm Pacific and tape delayed to 7pm Mountain / 8pm Pacific. If that wasn't enough, we're even riffing at NO extra charge a classic short from the good folks at ACI."

coaster

I wish I could find the shorts online. One would assume club mst3k would have them, but they don't. Or at least I cant find them on the site.