• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Nice Little Facts

Started by MV/Liberace!, June 20, 2014, 04:56:20 PM

Kelt

Quote from: FearBoysWithBugs on January 26, 2015, 04:26:47 PM
Was she a brown dwarf?

She was an enormous-breasted Scandinavian tramp.

Quote from: Kelt on January 26, 2015, 04:31:10 PM

She was an enormous-breasted Scandinavian tramp.

And yet you didn't recognize that she was a whore until it was too late.  Well, here's another nice little fact: love is blind.

zeebo

The little plastic sheath on the end of your shoelace is called an "aglet".

Quote from: zeebo on January 26, 2015, 04:41:06 PM

I could use some of that grommet aglet action, but my aglets are all broken down and frayed.

Daggit

Quote from: zeebo on January 26, 2015, 04:41:06 PM

I always thought that they were called Flooglebinders.  :o

http://youtu.be/oHdUl8hHwKY

Here's a nice little fact:

Never trust Tom Cruise!

Daggit

Maine is the closest US state to Africa.

Daggit

There’s enough water in Lake Superior to cover all of North and South America in one foot of water.

Thomas Jefferson has a mammoth named after him:  Mammuthus jeffesoni.  It's been alleged that one of his motivations for the Louisiana Purchase was to see if the western USA had any living mammoths.  None were found; also, Bigfoot.

Yorkshire pud

Maine is the only state in the US with one syllable in it's name. 

A bloody Brit told you that, okay?

Marc.Knight

Two islands off the east coast of Canada are actually territories of France.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Pierre_and_Miquelon

Quote from: Marc.Knight on January 30, 2015, 02:52:51 PM
Two islands off the east coast of Canada are actually territories of France.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Pierre_and_Miquelon

What?  There's no 500 year plan to infiltrate Newfoundland and Labrador, and take control of the beaver pelt trade!  Why would you even think such a thing?  Now go off and enjoy your 'Statue of Liberty.'  Enjoy it well.

Mwa ha
Mwa haha
Mwa hahahahaha!

Daggit

In 1994 a convicted murderer was granted a retrial when it came to light that four of his jurors had used a Ouija board to consult the victim before rendering a verdict.

According to the Department of Agriculture,  the Super Bowl is the USA’s second-largest day of food consumption, behind Thanksgiving.

BobGrau

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on January 30, 2015, 07:03:42 PM
What?  There's no 500 year plan to infiltrate Newfoundland and Labrador, and take control of the beaver pelt trade!  Why would you even think such a thing?  Now go off and enjoy your 'Statue of Liberty.'  Enjoy it well.

Mwa ha
Mwa haha
Mwa hahahahaha!

Reported. No Frenchman would laugh as expressively as that. We're talking a shrug of the mouth at most here.

MV/Liberace!

A 21-year-old man in medieval England could expect to live to the age of 64.

Daggit

Every two minutes, we take more pictures than all of humanity in the 19th century.

Heather Wade

The UN Office for Outer Space Affairs... exists.

pate

Dave Lynch hadn't even heard of the thing before he bungled and botched his way through it....

A testament to a half-decent film that didn't quite suck...

David Lynch, I salute you!

You didn't completely fuck it up! 

David Lynch Interview from 1985 on Dune

Fact:  David Lynch did not completely fuck up Dune

edit: I thought it was Vangelis (sp) & not Toto, but still the soundtrack did not completely suck... Well done, sir!

MV/Liberace!

The movie Cleopatra was banned in Egypt because of suspicions that Elizabeth Taylor was a Zionist agent.

Yorkshire pud

By the age of eight, most children have forgotten 60% of what they knew up to the age of three.

Eddie Coyle

Only one recording act has held four spots simultaneously in the top 10 of the Billboard Album Charts.

The week of 4/2/66, Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass held the 2,3,9 and 10 spots.

Yorkshire pud

Bottled water originates in England....1622

Eddie Coyle

Todd Rundgren agreed to produce and play on Bat Out Of Hell because he thought it was a brilliant parody of Springsteen.

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on February 06, 2015, 12:22:52 PM
Bottled water originates in England....1622

I think that was just a bad batch of beer with only four percent alcohol content.  It was the closest thing to water anyone had tasted.

Even though it will be observed as a federal holiday in the U.S. tomorrow,  the name "Presidents Day" is not officially recognized by the U.S. government  It's actually a commemoration of George Washington's birthday.  Presidents Day is just an informal designation adopted for various reasons, although it is officially celebrated by that name in several states.

jazmunda

Anne Frank, Martin Luther King Jr., and Barbara Walters were born in the same year, 1929.

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on February 15, 2015, 03:18:28 PM
Even though it will be observed as a federal holiday in the U.S. tomorrow,  the name "Presidents Day" is not officially recognized by the U.S. government  It's actually a commemoration of George Washington's birthday.  Presidents Day is just an informal designation adopted for various reasons, although it is officially celebrated by that name in several states.

When I was a kid, we'd get both Lincolns Feb 12 and Washingtons Feb 22 b-days off.  Then we just started getting one day off in the middle - always a Monday - and called it Presidents Day

Not sure if that was national, or if they were just state holiday holidays where I lived

onan

Quote from: Paper*Boy on February 15, 2015, 04:38:00 PM
When I was a kid, we'd get both Lincolns Feb 12 and Washingtons Feb 22 b-days off.  Then we just started getting one day off in the middle - always a Monday - and called it Presidents Day

Not sure if that was national, or if they were just state holiday holidays where I lived

That's how I remember it as well.

albrecht

Quote from: onan on February 15, 2015, 04:44:53 PM
I recall it this way also. Remember being mad that "they are cheating us out of a holiday" by consolidating it into "President's Day." >:(

Quote from: Paper*Boy on February 15, 2015, 04:38:00 PM

Quote from: onan on February 15, 2015, 04:44:53 PM

Quote from: albrecht on February 15, 2015, 04:50:43 PM
I recall it this way also. Remember being mad that "they are cheating us out of a holiday" by consolidating it into "President's Day." >:(

Me, too.