• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Newt Gingrich

Started by Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost, June 12, 2014, 01:44:18 PM

Selfless, visionary, smartest guy in whatever room he occupies statesman who would never dream of putting his own interests ahead of his country's?  Or pompous, bloviating, shameless, out for whatever he can grab egomaniac grifter whore?  Discuss.

albrecht

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on June 12, 2014, 01:44:18 PM
Selfless, visionary, smartest guy in whatever room he occupies statesman who would never dream of putting his own interests ahead of his country's?  Or pompous, bloviating, shameless, out for whatever he can grab egomaniac grifter whore?  Discuss.
Like most people he is complex. He has some good ideas and was pretty good at political machinations. I know Art was a fan (from relistening to the old shows) but when it came down to it he didn't fulfill the "Contract With America." Also, his personal life is pretty slimy. He also jumped on the "green" bandwagon suspiciously quickly and I recall he was in favor of some kind of amnesty for all the illegals.

McPhallus

Some time ago, Savage described him as a cannonball rolling around the deck of the conservative ship.  I'd say that's fair.

Quote from: albrecht on June 12, 2014, 02:23:01 PM
Like most people he is complex. He has some good ideas and was pretty good at political machinations. I know Art was a fan (from relistening to the old shows) but when it came down to it he didn't fulfill the "Contract With America." Also, his personal life is pretty slimy. He also jumped on the "green" bandwagon suspiciously quickly and I recall he was in favor of some kind of amnesty for all the illegals.

Quick Karl

Quote from: McPhallus on June 12, 2014, 02:36:59 PM
Some time ago, Savage described him as a cannonball rolling around the deck of the conservative ship.  I'd say that's fair.

That is an insult to cannon balls...

Like 99.9999999999999999999% of everyone in Washington, Newt looks in the mirror and lusts himself.

paladin1991

I didn't know the whore was still alive.

Quote from: paladin1991 on June 12, 2014, 05:34:32 PM
I didn't know the whore was still alive.

Just his big squishy corporeal shell.  His soul died decades ago.

DanTSX

I swear I saw a bust of him at The Met from the roman senate during the fall of Rome.

He certInly hasn't had to make excuses to anyone.  Just an effective politician / powerbroker. 

Hardly the danger he is made out to be.

I do believe that at his core, he is principled.