• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The "I'm watching/just watched *movie title* thread....

Started by PhantasticSanShiSan, September 26, 2008, 04:58:26 PM

Brody

Watched The Jerk for the first time in over a decade. Great goofy stuff.

b_dubb

Here's my review of "The Ridiculous Six" : it's an Adam Sandler movie.

[sic]

Quote from: Brody on December 13, 2015, 02:34:59 AM
Watched The Jerk for the first time in over a decade. Great goofy stuff.

The opening line is classic.

[sic]

Bad Santa on Netflix.  It has been about 5 years since I've seen it.

It's a Wonderful Life last night. I love that movie, watch it every year, and don't care if anyone thinks I'm a sentimental sap for doing so.  Wanna make something out of it?

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on December 14, 2015, 01:45:12 PM
It's a Wonderful Life last night. I love that movie, watch it every year, and don't care if anyone thinks I'm a sentimental sap for doing so.  Wanna make something out of it?

Every time someone calls you a sentimental sap for watching It's a Wonderful Life, an angel gets a wing ripped off. SO LET"S BE NICE, PEOPLE!!!!!

"Merry Christmas, movie house! Merry Christmas, Emporium! Merry Christmas, you wonderful old Building and Loan!" <- Love that part

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on December 14, 2015, 04:03:35 PM
Every time someone calls you a sentimental sap for watching It's a Wonderful Life, an angel gets a wing ripped off. SO LET"S BE NICE, PEOPLE!!!!!

"Merry Christmas, movie house! Merry Christmas, Emporium! Merry Christmas, you wonderful old Building and Loan!" <- Love that part

Cheers, UC!  I'd much rather be givin' out wings!   :D

albrecht

Amen, I'm still pissed that the lawyers that made it non-public domain (basically) so now not being shown all the time on tv, or sold on cheap DVDs, during the Christmas season. Those lawyers won't be getting any wings.

Anyone check out the SyFy channel's "Childhood's End" mini-series? Wondering how it is before I invest any time on it?

It is a flawless film.

And that's something I find very difficult to say about any film.

I wish it could have somehow been part of Voyager I and II's golden records. 

In fact, the film deserves its own NASA deep space communication probe project.

That is the highest praise I can fucking give, so stop asking me for more, Mr. Odbody. 

wr250

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on December 15, 2015, 09:01:42 PM
It is a flawless film.

I wish it could have somehow been part of Voyager I and II's golden records. 

In fact, the film deserves its own NASA deep space communication probe project.

That is the highest praise I can fucking give, so stop asking me for more, Clarence.
keep that up and you will shoot yer eye out. oh wait, wrong movie
http://www.angryalien.com/1204/wonderful_lifebuns.asp

Ciardelo

It's not a movie but it looks like Jennifer Lawrence is going to be on Seth Meyer's show tonight in a slinky black dress. *yowzer*

analog kid

Quote from: b_dubb on December 13, 2015, 01:31:22 PM
Here's my review of "The Ridiculous Six" : it's an Adam Sandler movie.

I'd forgotten about that one. Sandler has a contract to make three other gems for Netflix.

It's the movie where the Native American actors walked off the set because Sandler was taking a shit on their culture.

zeebo

Quote from: Ciardelo on December 15, 2015, 10:55:25 PM
It's not a movie but it looks like Jennifer Lawrence is going to be on Seth Meyer's show tonight in a slinky black dress. *yowzer*

Well I'll be checking that out as I'm really interested in [her latest movie].  Yep, that's why I'm watchin.

Quote from: zeebo on December 16, 2015, 11:12:17 PM
Well I'll be checking that out as I'm really interested in [her latest movie].  Yep, that's why I'm watchin.

Just remember to face away from the acorns.   ;D

zeebo

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on December 16, 2015, 11:23:47 PM
Just remember to face away from the acorns.   ;D

They are safely stashed, sir.  Standard procedure.

pate

I want a high place in the coming communist matriarchy, therefore I intend to see this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCm1XNVD_0c

starrmtn001

"House Of Cards" fans.  Frank, ain't done yet!  Season 4 is set for 2016!

Frank Underwood - FU2016 - House of Cards

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Se44ed4KBMA

albrecht

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on December 17, 2015, 03:56:11 PM
Jesse Stone: Night Passage (2006)
I hope Selleck makes more of them, I like them. Sure a bit formulaic but so were the books; a good series of movies and he is good in them.

Anyone check out SYFY channel version of "Childhood's End" mini-series yet? Curious if worth watching and investing the hours....

Quote from: albrecht on December 17, 2015, 05:19:33 PM
I hope Selleck makes more of them, I like them. Sure a bit formulaic but so were the books; a good series of movies and he is good in them.

Anyone check out SYFY channel version of "Childhood's End" mini-series yet? Curious if worth watching and investing the hours....
meh. it wasn't Childhood's End. SyFy comic book version. it was better than 90 percent of what they vomit out.

zeebo

Quote from: Evil Twin Of Zen on December 17, 2015, 06:15:53 PM
meh. it wasn't Childhood's End. SyFy comic book version. it was better than 90 percent of what they vomit out.

I vaguely remember their Dune & Children of Dune being kind of ok.  It was a long time ago.  But years of Sharktopuses & Mansquitos may have brightened that memory by comparison.

Ciardelo

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on December 17, 2015, 03:56:11 PM
Jesse Stone: Night Passage (2006)
So is there a list of the "proper" order to see the Jesse Stone movies? I see where some people say there are just three, but I think there were more just poking around IMDB. Thnx  :D

ItsOver

Quote from: Evil Twin Of Zen on December 17, 2015, 06:15:53 PM
I watched about a half hour until I couldn't take it anymore.  Typical of today's crap.  The book deserved much better.  Arthur would not have been pleased, I don't believe.

zeebo

Quote from: ItsOver on December 17, 2015, 10:07:53 PM
I watched about a half hour until I couldn't take it anymore.  Typical of today's crap.  The book deserved much better.  Arthur would not have been pleased, I don't believe.

I think U.K. Le Guin is still miffed at how they mangled her Earthsea trilogy.

Quote from: Ciardelo on December 17, 2015, 10:00:03 PM
So is there a list of the "proper" order to see the Jesse Stone movies? I see where some people say there are just three, but I think there were more just poking around IMDB. Thnx  :D

Let me google that for you.  ;)

I prefer to watch them in order of year of release.   

The first - Stone Cold - does happen to be out of chronological order, and "fits" as number 3 if you want to watch them in order of events. 

Or you can view by year of release and consider 2 and 3 as prequels released  before resuming linear time-line in film 4.  Heh.

Kind of like author Tim Dorsey's website note: "Why dead people show up later in my books." 

The ninth Jesse Stone arrives on DVD in Jan 2016.

Order of release:

1. Stone Cold (2005)
   2. Jesse Stone: Night Passage (2006)
   3. Jesse Stone: Death in Paradise (2006)
   4. Jesse Stone: Sea Change (2007)
   5. Jesse Stone: Thin Ice (2009)
   6. Jesse Stone: No Remorse (2010)
   7. Jesse Stone: Innocents Lost (2011)
   8. Jesse Stone: Benefit of the Doubt (2012)
   9. Jesse Stone: Lost in Paradise (2015)

Ciardelo

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on December 18, 2015, 09:36:19 AM
Let me google that for you.  ;)

I prefer to watch them in order of year of release.   

The first - Stone Cold - does happen to be out of chronological order, and "fits" as number 3 if you want to watch them in order of events. 

Or you can view by year of release and consider 2 and 3 as prequels released  before resuming linear time-line in film 4.  Heh.

Kind of like author Tim Dorsey's website note: "Why dead people show up later in my books." 

The ninth Jesse Stone arrives on DVD in Jan 2016.

Order of release:

1. Stone Cold (2005)
   2. Jesse Stone: Night Passage (2006)
   3. Jesse Stone: Death in Paradise (2006)
   4. Jesse Stone: Sea Change (2007)
   5. Jesse Stone: Thin Ice (2009)
   6. Jesse Stone: No Remorse (2010)
   7. Jesse Stone: Innocents Lost (2011)
   8. Jesse Stone: Benefit of the Doubt (2012)
   9. Jesse Stone: Lost in Paradise (2015)
Thank you! And I totally would have Googled that. But as luck would have it, I'm doing it in order :) Well, I watched Stone Cold the other day. I didn't give it my full attention so I'm a little unclear on why the lawyer lady was straddling him while guzzling his booze. Somehow that didn't detract from the story for me :) But as far as capturing a cool atmosphere the opening scene was pretty neat.

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on December 15, 2015, 09:01:42 PM
It is a flawless film.

True and true, my good Batgod!

And in the category of Flawless Film of a Non-Holiday Nature, I nominate Once Upon a Time in the West.  I never get tired of that one!

onan

OK, just got back from the movies. We saw Star Wars: The Force Awakens. I was quite pleased. It had the feel of the first two, Star wars and The Empire strikes back.

I would recommend to everyone.