• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The "I'm watching/just watched *movie title* thread....

Started by PhantasticSanShiSan, September 26, 2008, 04:58:26 PM

HAL 9000

Downloaded and watched Rise of the Planet of the Apes couple of nights ago. For those who might enjoy it, you can download and watch here:

http://www.rapidshare.com/files/774028119/Rise.of.the.Planet.of.the.Apes.1280x544.avi

:o

Eddie Coyle

"Decline of Western Civilization II".. too fucking funny

BobGrau

the Star Wars Holiday Special 1978, which can be found at the following hyperspace co-ordinates:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=323909610753051544#

it's like reliving a fond childhood memory, only to discover that you'd been abused.

analog kid

^^ It's like a childhood memory drenched in cocaine.

b_dubb

... and scotch.  this is embarrassingly bad.  though the animation was kind of cool.  why didn't Lucas include the hammerhead type characters/aliens in any of the prequels?  i don't remember seeing them.  though there was a brief appearance by E.T.'s people in Ep I

Eddie Coyle

"Airport 1975"...the inspiration for Airplane. 70's Disaster films are timeless...

"Immortals"

I was dragged semi-willingly to see this, and because I expected to hate it, steeled myself for disappointment.

But the sheer magnitude of eye and brain torture that rained upon my consciousness was beyond words.  A modified form of this film needs to be investigated by the military as an alternative to waterboarding, but I fear it would be considered less humane.

Eddie Coyle

I've been pestered by people for years about how my life was seemingly incomplete because I didn't watch "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia"...after 5 years of ignoring these pleas, I buckled under this week and gave the show a chance. And to be fair, I watched two episodes from each season...
    Verdict? I laughed more during "Schindler's List". This show sucks like I thought it would, and now feel vindicated in my reluctance of watching it. I'm furious with myself for giving it a fair hearing. That's very unlike me to be fair, my predetermined hatred was right as usual. The cast appear to be dwarves and the girl on the show is a "5" at best.

American Scary

Netflix streaming.

I've loved Horror Hosts since the 1960s. This flix is a good one for those that like them too.
oh.... and.... Patricia Tallman frequents with comments.... pant... pant....  8)

b_dubb

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on November 20, 2011, 10:52:26 PM

I've been pestered by people for years about how my life was seemingly incomplete because I didn't watch "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia"...after 5 years of ignoring these pleas, I buckled under this week and gave the show a chance. And to be fair, I watched two episodes from each season...
    Verdict? I laughed more during "Schindler's List". This show sucks like I thought it would, and now feel vindicated in my reluctance of watching it. I'm furious with myself for giving it a fair hearing. That's very unlike me to be fair, my predetermined hatred was right as usual. The cast appear to be dwarves and the girl on the show is a "5" at best.

the show reminds people of Seinfeld which was a show i never really liked much.  but "Always Sunny .. " is (in my opinion) hysterical.  Seinfeld had a bunch of characters who were just neurotic as hell.  "Sunny ..." has characters that are ... well .. just plain awful human beings.  and that's why i think it's hysterical

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: b_dubb on November 21, 2011, 02:44:03 PM
the show reminds people of Seinfeld which was a show i never really liked much.  but "Always Sunny .. " is (in my opinion) hysterical.  Seinfeld had a bunch of characters who were just neurotic as hell.  "Sunny ..." has characters that are ... well .. just plain awful human beings.  and that's why i think it's hysterical
I'm a harsh judge and out of touch with what people like. I wasn't a Seinfeld fan either, and that's the point of reference I kept hearing for this show and that's why I was reluctant. But when I think about, I think the last "situation comedy" I liked was..."Get A Life", which was 20 years ago.

b_dubb

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: b_dubb on November 21, 2011, 06:05:35 PM
who was in "Get A Life"?  what was the premise?
It will sound frghteningly unfunny...
   But Chris Elliott was a 30 year old paperboy who lived with his parents and found himself in very stupid situations every week. It aired on Fox from Fall 1990-Spring 1992 and was consistently in the bottom 10 rated shows weekly because it aired on Saturdays/Sundays when Fox was still quite new.
      There was a relatively recent sitcom that I thought was funny but overrated, "Arrested Development"- David Cross and Will Arnett were hysterical,IMO.

b_dubb

oh i remember now.  that was a funny show.  even though i've completely blotted out it's memory.  chris elliot used to be a writer on letterman, right?

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: b_dubb on November 21, 2011, 08:58:54 PM
oh i remember now.  that was a funny show.  even though i've completely blotted out it's memory.  chris elliot used to be a writer on letterman, right?
Yup, Elliott was writer/performer in Letterman's prime and I found that shit hysterical back then-don't know if I would now. A lot of things I thought hilarious when I was 13, I now cringe at.

BobGrau

sitcoms -

try Father Ted, Black Books, Spaced or The League of Gentlemen

hello dave

...what, no american tv? how strange...

M Knight

I'd love to see a Michael Moore documentary called "Sucko" exploring all the ways that George Noory Sucks and the downfall of quality programming.  Imagine Moore travelling to Michigan and St. Louis interviewing people who think George sucks.  Other interviewees would be Michael Vandeven, and major contributors to Coastgab.  The interviews would be interspersed between classic non-sequitur Nooryisms.  As the movie credits role Moore is chasing Noory down an L.A. street to a song by UFO Phil...

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: M Knight on November 22, 2011, 09:50:11 AM
Other interviewees would be Michael Vandeven, and major contributors to Coastgab. 

knowing moore, he'd probably manipulate my interview in the editing room to make it appear as though i said i want to have butt sex with noory. i think i'd pass.

M Knight

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on November 22, 2011, 04:36:01 PM

knowing moore, he'd probably manipulate my interview in the editing room to make it appear as though i said i want to have butt sex with noory. i think i'd pass.

I don't think he could fit in the editing room.

Silent

Anyone seen the movie Hesher?  http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1403177/

I just finished watching this and thought it was pretty good but I'm not sure how to describe it.  It's a very dark comedy drama I guess.  There's some serious topics it takes on in unbelievable ways but if you can suspend disbelief with a few key plot elements it's worth the time.  During the first half of the movie I wasn't sure what to make of it since I'm not used to dramas being so unrealistic.  For those who might care, its R rating is well deserved.

b_dubb

Quote from: Silent on November 24, 2011, 01:51:34 AM
Anyone seen the movie Hesher?  http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1403177/

I just finished watching this and thought it was pretty good but I'm not sure how to describe it.  It's a very dark comedy drama I guess.  There's some serious topics it takes on in unbelievable ways but if you can suspend disbelief with a few key plot elements it's worth the time.  During the first half of the movie I wasn't sure what to make of it since I'm not used to dramas being so unrealistic.  For those who might care, its R rating is well deserved.
yes. LOVED IT