• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The "I'm watching/just watched *movie title* thread....

Started by PhantasticSanShiSan, September 26, 2008, 04:58:26 PM

nextgen.fm

Just watched promtheus Last night finally

Was pretty good I don't know why people hate it lol

Quote from: nextgen.fm on April 11, 2015, 06:09:46 PM

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/new-alien-movie-confirmed-at-fox-with-director-neill-blomkamp-1201436551/

"The untitled sci-fi project is separate from “Prometheus 2,” which Fox is still making with Ridley Scott."

8)

zeebo

Quote from: Evil Twin Of Zen on April 11, 2015, 11:22:50 PM
..."The untitled sci-fi project is separate from “Prometheus 2,” which Fox is still making with Ridley Scott."

It'll take a whole sequel to fill in all the logic holes of the first one.   :P

paladin1991

finished House of cards.  Season 3, good but not as good as the previous 2.  guess it is setting the ground work for the next couple of seasons

Just starting to move around after being waylaid with "the flu" for the past three and one half weeks.  :(

Re watched the first four seasons of Game of Thrones.  Then saw an ad for the Xfinity watch-a-thon last week.  Since I don't have Starz, I decided to try Outlander. Was sorely disappointed that it was just an adaptation of some romance novels.  And why is EVERY "heroine" only considered a strong woman when she's being a foul-mouthed jerk?

Then I noticed that the lead fellow looked quite exquisite walking away....So I watched all of it.

I blame it on fevered brain cells.   :P

Hoping I can make it through today without a nap.

yumyumtree

Suspicion 1941

I think this may be my favorite of all Alfred Hitchcock movies.

ks3484

• The ABCs of Death ▲
• The ABCs of Death 2 ▲
• Daredevil S1 E1-13 ▲
• The Truth Behind: The Crystal Skulls ▲
• Abraham Lincoln vs. Zombies▼
• CUJO ▼
• Heavenly Sword ▲
• Vampire Dog ►

Wag the Dog.

OMG, how did I never see this before?

Heather Wade

Quote from: Treading Water on April 16, 2015, 09:24:01 PM
Wag the Dog.

I've never seen it either.  Will look for it, thanks!

ks3484

pyewacket

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on April 07, 2015, 01:12:21 PM
Doc Martin displays some amazing Eddie Coyle personality attributes when having to deal with those annoying patients.

For the next few days, I'm watching the final season of Boardwalk Empire, season 5, and taking a break during that binge by watching Jimmy Stuart in Harvey (1950).

You're right- Eddie is our very own Doc Martin.  ;D

I've seen 4 seasons of Boadwalk Empire and enjoyed it very much. Steve Buscemi is great in this series. I'll have to see if season 5 is available yet on Netflix.

I've also been watching Vikings... as always, they reassign characters to fit the story lines, but entertaining.

Game of Thrones seems to borrow from the War of the Roses. Another favorite.

pyewacket

Quote from: nextgen.fm on April 11, 2015, 06:09:46 PM

I liked it, too. There are far worse movies in the Aliens franchise. A sequel or two for Prometheus could answer more than a few questions and open up more possibilities for future sequels, too. Were the engineers a divided civilization...one dedicated to spirit and seeding new life and the other violent and on a mission to destroy the others and all they've created? Not sure why they would care about off worlds but it would be an interesting idea.

On another note- we rented  Interstellar....Yikes! Talk about plot holes and missing logic. It has some great effects, but was all over the place with the same tired old clichés. Disappointing.  :(

b_dubb

Quote from: Treading Water on April 16, 2015, 09:24:01 PM
Wag the Dog.

Hoffman's character in that movie is based on Robert Evans who is the subject of "The Kid Stays In The Picture". A fascinating documentary.

zeebo

Quote from: pyewacket on April 17, 2015, 10:17:50 AM
I liked it, too. There are far worse movies in the Aliens franchise. A sequel or two for Prometheus could answer more than a few questions and open up more possibilities for future sequels, too. Were the engineers a divided civilization...one dedicated to spirit and seeding new life and the other violent and on a mission to destroy the others and all they've created? Not sure why they would care about off worlds but it would be an interesting idea.

On another note- we rented  Interstellar....Yikes! Talk about plot holes and missing logic. It has some great effects, but was all over the place with the same tired old clichés. Disappointing.  :(

IMHO Prometheus was a jumbled mess but at least entertaining in some ways, whereas Interstellar was just a wholly unpleasant experience.

coaster

I really looked forward to Interstellar. What a letdown.

Quote from: zeebo on April 17, 2015, 03:56:13 PM
IMHO Prometheus was a jumbled mess but at least entertaining in some ways, whereas Interstellar was just a wholly unpleasant experience.

The Prometheus Art Book is tremendous. Flip through starts at 1:17, absolutely worth watching.

https://youtu.be/GdU2JnY_6J4?t=1m21s

Quote from: b_dubb on April 17, 2015, 03:09:14 PM
Hoffman's character in that movie is based on Robert Evans who is the subject of "The Kid Stays In The Picture". A fascinating documentary.

Thanks, b-dubb. I've added it to my watch list. 

Holiday (1938).  Cary and Kate.  'Nuff said.  :)

pyewacket

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on April 17, 2015, 04:44:17 PM
The Prometheus Art Book is tremendous. Flip through starts at 1:17, absolutely worth watching.

https://youtu.be/GdU2JnY_6J4?t=1m21s

Thanks for posting this, MFM! I really did enjoy the visual effects of the film.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: b_dubb on April 17, 2015, 03:09:14 PM

The book is worth reading as well. They could have made multiple documentaries from that book. And Joe Esterhas first few books make for a nice adjunct.

Attack of the 50 Foot Woman.

"She's loose!"
"Wadaya' want me to do, put salt on her tail?"

:)

The Terrornauts (1967)

i recall seeing this film in 1967 or 1968. all i could recall of the movie were the tests given to kidnapped scientists by robots. i had searched for it off and on for years until i found it on yt this weekend. it isn't Contact, but i was pleased to see it once again.  8)

Eddie Coyle

CBGB(2013) is perhaps the worst music-related film I ever seen(it's on right now, that's why I'm reminded) and considering the subject, it's gallingly shallow. It has the feel of a sitcom...on UPN...15 years ago. Just horrible. Every portrayal, from The Ramones to Debbie Harry to Television is cartoonish and slight.

Confirming yet again, that a film with Donal Logue in any capacity will suck.

analog kid

Quote from: inuk2600 on April 18, 2015, 07:21:52 PM
I knew Interstellar would be good for something ;) ...

True Detective made me like Matthew McConaughey. Interstellar reminded me why I didn't.

ks3484

• BRUCE LEE: GAME OF DEATH

• BRUCE LEE: ENTER THE DRAGON

• BRUCE LEE: FISTS OF FURY

• BRUCE LEE: RETURN OF THE DRAGON

• BRUCE LEE: THE CHINESE CONNECTION

pyewacket

We watched The November Man and it was excellent. Ex CIA agent drawn back in by a covert assignment. USA vs. Russia. Really plausible plot- scary in a way.

Quote from: pyewacket on April 28, 2015, 11:50:47 PM
We watched The November Man and it was excellent. Ex CIA agent drawn back in by a covert assignment. USA vs. Russia. Really plausible plot- scary in a way.
I was thinking about renting that, but was on the fence.  I'll give it a shot based on your recommendation.

My wife and I watched two Christian Bale movies on Sunday night:
Exodus - Gods and Kings:  I gave it a 7 / 10.  She gave it a 4.
The Machinist:  Really weird "mind f*ck" movie - probably a 5 for both of us.