• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The "I'm watching/just watched *movie title* thread....

Started by PhantasticSanShiSan, September 26, 2008, 04:58:26 PM

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on October 30, 2014, 11:14:02 PM
That looks suspiciously like Kid Rock playing John Wayne playing Genghis Khan.

yeah, I can dig the Kid Rock thing. I was kind of getting a Kevin Bacon vibe, though.

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on October 30, 2014, 11:14:02 PM
That looks suspiciously like Kid Rock playing John Wayne playing Genghis Khan.

Runner up to JW as GK has to be Chuck Conners as Geronimo, in the 1962 movie of the same name.  Heck, it even includes an homage to his iconic role as Lucas McCain, The Rifleman.

[attachimg=1]

[attachimg=2]

And it may surprise you to know that in addition to being an accomplished actor, Chuck Conners was a professional athlete who was one of the only twelve people who ever lived to play Major League Baseball and professional basketball.  That's pretty darn impressive!

BTW, I'm going as sexy Tom Servo this year.  How about you?

And then there's  Joel Gray as Chiun, an elderly martial arts master from Korea:

Starring with Fred Ward in:

Quote from: b_dubb on October 30, 2014, 08:49:36 PM
Django Unchained

Quote from: albrecht on October 30, 2014, 09:16:24 PM
Worth it? I hear Franco Nero had a cameo? (I mean "worth it" for watching versus watching other stuff or the old ones. Obviously, it aint in theater now.)

I loved it.  It does have loads and loads of bloody stuff spewing all over the place, but if you get by that it's definitely worth it.
Unless, of course, you enjoy bloody stuff spewing.  Then you'll really like it.    ;)

albrecht

Quote from: FightTheFuture on October 31, 2014, 02:12:54 AM
And then there's  Joel Gray as Chiun, an elderly martial arts master from Korea:

Since we are on this occidentals playing other types theme. No mention of ALL the Charlie Chan, Mr.Moto, Fu Manchu, or Mr. Wong movies and serials?? Some accomplished actors going oriental. Many pretty bad, though I enjoy the Chan movies, especially with Mantan Moreland and other black actors doing their hilarious schtick, the music numbers, and plots. (and so many great stereotypes of the time- Swedish washerwomen, dumbfounded Irish cops, etc.) And, really, who can understand that wily, inscrutable oriental mind--- we are lucky to have some on our side!

paladin1991

Quote from: FightTheFuture on October 31, 2014, 02:12:54 AM

Hey!  I liked Remo Williams.  That's a franchise that just never took off.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: paladin1991 on October 31, 2014, 10:12:34 AM

I blame the Tommy Shaw theme song.

Quote from: paladin1991 on October 31, 2014, 10:12:34 AM

Yeah, I read all the books. The movie was just so disappointing. I also read The Executioner series. I really thought that one would take off.

paladin1991

The Executioner.  I loved the books.  I understand that there were a few attempts to put it to film.....

The Indicant (1997)

Found this tape at the thrift store, mixed in with a legion of other VHS cassettes. Appears to be a very small scale independent movie that never went anywhere or possibly a film student's project.

The plot is a mixture of science fiction and the paranormal.

A perfect unknown movie to finish off the month. Run time: 84 minutes

(I used an ancient "Play" brand SNAPPY device to extract screen grabs from the VCR.)

Happy Halloween, fellow troublemakers.  Salud!

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on October 31, 2014, 07:56:01 PM
The Indicant (1997)

Found this tape at the thrift store, mixed in with a legion of other VHS cassettes. Appears to be a very small scale independent movie that never went anywhere or possibly a film student's project.

The plot is a mixture of science fiction and the paranormal.

A perfect unknown movie to finish off the month. Run time: 84 minutes

(I used an ancient "Play" brand SNAPPY device to extract screen grabs from the VCR.)

Happy Halloween, fellow troublemakers.  Salud!

Same to you, Cam!  And you deserve special recognition for the sheer number of horrific low budget horror sequels to which you voluntarily subjected yourself without any help from the crew of the SoL!  Whether it was a labor of love, or a strikingly original act of ritual atonement, that was some very impressive marathon viewing!

pate

paladin1991

Watched The Avengers again with the family.  Love the scene where Hulk rag dolls Loki.

It recently occurred to me that I'd never heard of any Thanksgiving themed horror movies.  A quick Google yielded one made for $3500 called ThanksKilling  (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1129441/), which could be entertaining, but it sounds like it's basically a very poorly made horror parody.  However, there has never been one made in the same vein as Halloween, Friday the 13th, or Hellraiser that could become a franchise, and it seems like a great opportunity is going to waste.  I think a "Turkey Day" franchise is sorely needed and would be extremely popular. 

There are plenty of possibilities, and here are a few tentative titles just to get things started: 

Turkey Day: The Wishing Bone

T-Day II:  Blood Baster

T-Day III: Demon Drumstick

T-Day IV: The Pilgrimming

T-Day V: Squanto's Revenge

Kelt

Fly Girls.

I'd give it a 10, just because Lisa Ann is in it, and anything with Lisa Ann is a 10.

So 10.

albrecht

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on November 04, 2014, 12:07:32 PM
It recently occurred to me that I'd never heard of any Thanksgiving themed horror movies.  A quick Google yielded one made for $3500 called ThanksKilling  (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1129441/), which could be entertaining, but it sounds like it's basically a very poorly made horror parody.  However, there has never been one made in the same vein as Halloween, Friday the 13th, or Hellraiser that could become a franchise, and it seems like a great opportunity is going to waste.  I think a "Turkey Day" franchise is sorely needed and would be extremely popular. 

There are plenty of possibilities, and here are a few tentative titles just to get things started: 

Turkey Day: The Wishing Bone

T-Day II:  Blood Baster

T-Day III: Demon Drumstick

T-Day IV: The Pilgrimming

T-Day V: Squanto's Revenge
Not a horror movie, though scary in its own way, takes place over Thanksgiving Day weekend as I recall.
"The Ice Storm" (1997)

-Thanksgiving Day VI: Stuff My Bird (this is the xxx-spinoff parody or Skinemax softcore.)

Kelt

zeebo

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on November 04, 2014, 12:07:32 PM
It recently occurred to me that I'd never heard of any Thanksgiving themed horror movies...

Harvest Festival Nightmare
Tryptophan Zombies
Devil Yams

Quote from: zeebo on November 05, 2014, 11:46:21 AM
I would watch this.   ;D

How about some SyFy originals?

Gobblercrocosaurus vs. Megalopterotom

Tofurkeynado

zeebo

Cranberry Super-Storm
House of Gluttony:  The Stuffing
Megaturkey vs. Fruitcake Monster

Dr. Tongue's 3-D House of Giblets

"Would you like another.....gizzard?  Aaaahahahaha!"

[attachimg=1]

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on November 05, 2014, 12:01:06 PM
How about some SyFy originals?

Gobblercrocosaurus vs. Megalopterotom

Tofurkeynado
:)

Sadly, this sounds more like History channel originals than SyFy originals.

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on November 05, 2014, 03:12:42 PM
:)

Sadly, this sounds more like History channel originals than SyFy originals.

"Some ancient alien theorists suggest it's possible that turkeys may be of extraterrestrial origin since early humans did not have the knowledge to domesticate them."

zeebo

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on November 05, 2014, 03:35:34 PM
"Some ancient alien theorists suggest it's possible that turkeys may be of extraterrestrial origin since early humans did not have the knowledge to domesticate them."

"Many cultures have legends of turkeys with extraordinary powers.  But could these tales of mega-gobblers be more than myth?  We associate Thanksgiving with the harvest moon.  Can this be a clue that these plump beings actually once descended from the heavens?"