• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The "I'm watching/just watched *movie title* thread....

Started by PhantasticSanShiSan, September 26, 2008, 04:58:26 PM

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on October 20, 2014, 05:54:40 AM
[

I agree, it looks sweet, but then, at almost every interview they inquire, "You know how to use Excel? You have to know Excel."

Supreme Enlightenment is good, but you better "by God" know Excel.

I think they would prefer Excel over Enlightenment 2.0!

Barbarians.

Figures. The one drawback to achieving Supreme Enlightenment is that you still have to deal with the unenlightened as you go about your daily routine, and they tend not to get it.

The Mangler (1995)
Wishmaster (1997)
The Fountain (2006)

VtaGeezer

Tried to watch "Willow Creek" (a.k.a. Blair Witch Meets Bigfoot).  I have a new appreciation for the >> button.

3OctaveFart

Alice, Sweet Alice (1976). Alternately titled Communion.

Creepy, atmospheric horror-thriller dripping with Catholic self-loathing and guilt.

Heather Wade

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on October 23, 2014, 05:19:44 PM
Spider (2002)
May (2003)
The Woods (2006)

May is kick ass.  I own a copy, thanks for reminding me to drag it out.  Also, Grave Encounters is a laugh riot.

As you were.   ;)

Quote from: 3OctaveFart on October 23, 2014, 05:22:19 PM
Alice, Sweet Alice (1976). Alternately titled Communion.

Creepy, atmospheric horror-thriller dripping with Catholic self-loathing and guilt.

A good add to my out-of-control and still growing Halloween binging project of both good horror films, bad horror films... new... old... etc.

Quote from: (Redacted) on October 23, 2014, 05:40:26 PM
May is kick ass.  I own a copy, thanks for reminding me to drag it out.  Also, Grave Encounters is a laugh riot.

As you were.   ;)

I've never seen May. It's on the platter for late tonight. Your endorsement is reassuring.  I'm trying to get out of my comfort zone and watch a lot of "unknowns" this Halloween as well as those already seen.  Some have so little merit.  For example, Wishmaster was watched for the sole purpose of listening to Angus Scrimm narrate the short introduction. 

(My inclusion of Wishmaster 2, 3, 4, is more aligned with Obsessive Compulsive Completest Behavior, despite having read they are tortuous to watch. One of them has a zero percent rating at Rotten Tomatoes. I take that as a challenge!)

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on October 23, 2014, 05:50:57 PM
A good add to my out-of-control and still growing Halloween binging project of both good horror films, bad horror films... new... old... etc.

I've never seen May. It's on the platter for late tonight. Your endorsement is reassuring.  I'm trying to get out of my comfort zone and watch a lot of "unknowns" this Halloween as well as those already seen.  Some have so little merit.  For example, Wishmaster was watched for the sole purpose of listening to Angus Scrimm narrate the short introduction. 

(My inclusion of Wishmaster 2, 3, 4, is more aligned with Obsessive Compulsive Completest Behavior, despite having read they are tortuous to watch. One of them has a zero percent rating at Rotten Tomatoes. I take that as a challenge!)

If you get through those Wishmaster sequels, you deserve the Croix de Camazotz for Cinematic Valor!  In the words of Phil Esterhaus, "Be careful out there!"

Heather Wade

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on October 23, 2014, 05:50:57 PM

If you have the twisted taste I think you do, May will melt your studded, black heart. 

b_dubb

I should watch Phantasm again.  Haven't seen the Tall Man do his thing in a while.

Eddie Coyle

October is cool, because Christopher Lee becomes what Michael Caine is the other 11 months of the year.

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on October 23, 2014, 06:13:45 PM
If you get through those Wishmaster sequels, you deserve the Croix de Camazotz for Cinematic Valor!  In the words of Phil Esterhaus, "Be careful out there!"

Some honors can only be received posthumously! The Wishmaster sequels may be my undoing.

Quote from: b_dubb on October 23, 2014, 06:51:35 PM
I should watch Phantasm again.  Haven't seen the Tall Man do his thing in a while.

Okay. I see it, I see it all now. What we gotta do is we gotta snag that tall dude and stomp the shit out of him, and we'll find out what the hell is going on up there. Yeah! We lay that sucker out flat and drive a stake right through his Goddamn heart!

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on October 23, 2014, 07:51:33 PM
Some honors can only be received posthumously! The Wishmaster sequels may be my undoing.

Did you survive the night?  If you're okay, please give us a movie sign!

Fury

Loved it! Very gritty WW2 flick. Brad Pitt is amazing in this.

yumyumtree

Abandoned 1949
Sunday Bloody Sunday 1971

I had never seen Murray Head in a movie before. I'm pretty sure that this is a film that my mother was excited about seeing when it came out after she saw clips on the Academy Awards or some TV talk show.  It seems curious that she would want to see a movie which features a family's callous reaction to the death of their dog, a little kid puffing on a joint and two men in bed together kissing passionately. ( I personally was a lot more bothered by the first two than the third, of course.) But I suppose these choice bits weren't used for clips on primetime American television. It wasn't a bad film.  Now I won't always think a U2 song when I hear that title. No IRA terrorists at all, BTW.

yumyumtree

Quote from: FightTheFuture on October 24, 2014, 03:10:38 PM
Fury

Loved it! Very gritty WW2 flick. Brad Pitt is amazing in this.

Thanks for the tip.  Ever since Moneyball, Tree of Life and a few other recent things, I am liking Pitt more and more.

yumyumtree

Here is a good Halloween movie, not a gorefest, but definitely good for the season, recommended by an old movie buff--Carnival of Souls, from the early 60s.  Extremely low budget, cast of unknowns, including some townspeople with community theatre experience, that sort of thing.  Black and white.

Catacombs (2007)
Deja Vu (2006)
Wishmaster 2 : Evil Never Dies (1999)

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on October 24, 2014, 01:08:07 PM
Did you survive the night?  If you're okay, please give us a movie sign!

I'm still breathing.  I have viewed only the first Wishmaster.  Also still feeling bitch slapped by The Mangler.  Flashbacks from those two are causing deep hurting.

Tonight's list does include Wishmaster 2. I anticipate partial paralysis.  They say number three is the one that will cause criminal behavior.

Regarding The Mangler: as I've stated before, I am not a good film critic, but I will say, with Tobe Hooper directing, and two or three of the actors involved, I expected The Mangler to be far less painful to the cinematic palate. Wrong. It had the feel of a decently budgeted film being created by amateurs/complete newcomers to professional film making.

(Redacted) was right. I enjoyed watching May.

Quote from: yumyumtree on October 24, 2014, 04:12:30 PM
Ever since Moneyball, Tree of Life and a few other recent things, I am liking Pitt more and more.

I am about as far from being a sports guy as you can get. I have trouble relating to being concerned about the outcome of a game unless I have some kind of wager involved.

Having said that, Moneyball was brilliant. 

While I wouldn't recommend many of my film viewing experiments, I would confidently recommend Moneyball to anyone who frequents this forum.

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on October 24, 2014, 06:35:27 PM
Catacombs (2007)
Deja Vu (2006)
Wishmaster 2 : Evil Never Dies (1999)

I'm still breathing.  I have viewed only the first Wishmaster.  Also still feeling bitch slapped by The Mangler.  Flashbacks from those two are causing deep hurting.

Tonight's list does include Wishmaster 2. I anticipate partial paralysis.  They say number three is the one that will cause criminal behavior.

Don't stop breathing no matter what!  Slowly and deeply if possible. Vaya con Dios!

The Mangler Reborn (2005)
Alice, Sweet Alice (1977)
Afflicted (2014)

Love the new avatar Cam, glad to see you put on the damn glasses

Quote from: Agent : Orange on October 25, 2014, 11:22:50 AM
Love the new avatar Cam, glad to see you put on the damn glasses

Thnx. It looks like me exactly.

Bedazzled (2000)
The Black Dahlia (2006)
The Gift (2000)

yumyumtree

In the Mood for Love 2002

The Black Dahlia was far inferior to the an 80s treatment of the Dahlia case, True Confessions, with Robert Duvall and Robert DeNiro, IMO.

paladin1991

Finished off Lillyhammer and House of Cards.     Again.

pate

I watched The Big Lebowski, for perhaps the third or fourth time the other day...  I found it on sale at WalMart (or not on sale, I seem to recall digital Laser discs were expansive back in the day and were well in excess of pocket change...) anyhow, I watched it and was not too disappointed, I don't think I laughed as much as the first few times, but then, I wasn't high for that particular viewing...