Author Topic: The "I'm watching/just watched *movie title* thread....  (Read 475448 times)

The "I'm watching/just watched *movie title* thread....
« Reply #5910 on: April 23, 2019, 07:34:10 PM »
I Just finished watching the first season of Mr. Robot on Amazon Prime. It's pretty good. Don't let the fact that it's a USA network show or that Christian Slater is in it dissuade you from checking it out. It's a lot like Fight Club but without the fight club and it knows it. It has a USA channel budget but it goes deeper into the philosophy that Fight Club was based on.

« Reply #5911 on: April 23, 2019, 10:24:41 PM »
I Just finished watching the first season of Mr. Robot on Amazon Prime. It's pretty good. Don't let the fact that it's a USA network show or that Christian Slater is in it dissuade you from checking it out. It's a lot like Fight Club but without the fight club and it knows it. It has a USA channel budget but it goes deeper into the philosophy that Fight Club was based on.

I enjoyed it and thatís exactly how I described it to a friend. Itís sorta like Fight Club without the fighting.

« Reply #5912 on: April 23, 2019, 10:49:45 PM »
I enjoyed it and thatís exactly how I described it to a friend. Itís sorta like Fight Club without the fighting.

Right on. When I was making my post you are one of the bellgabbers I had in mind that might like the show. So that's cool. I'm glad you saw it.

Weird synchronicity, the Lee Hazlewood Song, Some Velvet Morning they put into the intro of one of the shows.

I really don't like his songs but some people here do.

« Reply #5913 on: April 24, 2019, 12:05:57 AM »
Right on. When I was making my post you are one of the bellgabbers I had in mind that might like the show. So that's cool. I'm glad you saw it.

Weird synchronicity, the Lee Hazlewood Song, Some Velvet Morning they put into the intro of one of the shows.

I really don't like his songs but some people here do.

Youíre kinda late to the game though. I saw the first 3 seasons ( I think) about 5 years ago. I never did see how it all concluded though, if it did. I thought it was one of those bits of fiction that has a lot of truth in it. Iíll have to see if I can pick it up where I left off soon.

« Reply #5914 on: May 06, 2019, 09:43:48 AM »
I watched the new Avengers and it was enjoyable enough, but this video makes a salient point:

« Reply #5915 on: May 06, 2019, 09:47:25 AM »
I watched the new Avengers and it was enjoyable enough, but this video makes a salient point:

Ha!  "Get a life."  Yeah, I lost interest in comic book stuff after elementary school.  I've moved on to more mature stuff, like BellGab. Praise Liberace.

The 'I'm watching/just watched' thread
« Reply #5916 on: May 28, 2019, 09:02:25 AM »

« Reply #5917 on: June 01, 2019, 04:11:14 AM »
John Wick 3.
Not as good as the previous two, but still an enjoyable enough action film. Needlessly has another cliffhanger ending and doesn't resolve anything at all.

Not too sure what to watch TV wise now that GoT is finished and nothing else is currently airing. Been considering giving Three Kingdoms another spin after trying it a few years ago and getting burnt out by the length. It is very good, full of plots and intrigue and putting Game of Thrones to shame.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_Kingdoms_(TV_series)

The 'I'm watching / Just watched' Thread
« Reply #5918 on: June 19, 2019, 09:23:18 AM »

« Reply #5919 on: September 01, 2019, 04:48:33 PM »
Newman

About Joseph Newman, guy apparently built a perpetual motion machine.

I found the ending a bit sad...

-p

« Reply #5920 on: September 14, 2019, 10:24:40 PM »
I think the LED backlighting has failed on my big TV, need to find a repair shop.  Watched a youtube video about fixing it myself, but I think I will leave it up to the Samsung repair guys.  My Sat-Sun footballing is ruined, will probably have to go to the bar for the Chiefs/Raiders game tomorrow, that discussion belongs in another thread I think.

Anyhow, I am reduced to watching Amazon Prime stuff on my computer.

Just finished watching Artic, pretty good although it reminded me of the Robert Redford All is Lost movie only in Antartica or wherever, not much dialogue.

Just started Hostile, it looks promising.  Same vein as the Artic & All is Lost, but this one has more dialogue and so far some flashbacks to life prior to "present day."  I am interested to see how it all ties together.

Both of today's viewings are on Amazon Prime, (you can watch for free if you have the Amazon Prime service, perquisites!), I believe "All is Lost" was on AP back when I watched it, could still be there.

Can definitely recommend the first two mentioned, and will tentatively recommend Hostile.

Cheers!

« Reply #5921 on: September 14, 2019, 11:40:43 PM »
For desert I have elected to screen Guns of the Apocalypse

This one looks like it could be B-movie good, Ed Woodian maybe.  Or it could just suck...

« Reply #5922 on: September 19, 2019, 09:43:04 PM »
This was playing at the bar the last night.

Never herd of it, apparently 9 Seasons?

Last night's episode featured a can of PBR that was an obvious historical anachronism;  clearly had the modern "pull tab" and not the razor-sharp single piece removable pull-tab that would have been on the can at the thyme.

I thought they had production people called "continuity" or somesuch that were supposed to catch stuff like that?  I suspended my disbelief, the show was amusing even to a guy that never got into the "slasher" horror-genre.  I enjoy the cerebral horror stuff more.

-p

« Reply #5923 on: September 20, 2019, 08:17:58 PM »
Goliath Season 2, apparently season #3 coming soon.  (Hope The Tick comes back, funny stuff that).

Anyway, liked Season 1 of "Goliath" Billy Bobby T. is one of my faves.  Had some "starr" power 1st season:  William Hurt, the black guy from Lost that was always yelling "WALT!?!" and some others I am not remembering.

Looks like Lou Diamond Phillip's is in season 2, think he was in 1 as well but it's been a very long thyme since I saw season 1...

blahbitty.

-p