• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The crime of being an unmarried mother

Started by Yorkshire pud, June 06, 2014, 12:19:27 AM

Yorkshire pud

Apparently true Christians will go to heaven. How more true than a Catholic nun? Some might remember the recent sentiments from some about the disposal of aborted feotuses. I wonder what they think of this?

New research looking at child death records has led to the grim conclusion that the bodies of hundreds of infants may have been placed in the tank at a former home run by the Catholic nuns in Tuam, County Galway.

The youngsters are all believed to have died from sickness or disease between 1926 and 1961. The building was pulled down years ago and has now been replaced with a housing estate, according to the Belfast Telegraph.

The mass grave came to light following research by local woman Catherine Corless.

Records suggest the home's septic tank was converted especially for the purpose of disposing of bodies, and bones were first found in 1975 when cement covering the tank was pulled away.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/800-babies-buried-septic-tank-3642919

bigchucka

Catholics done got burned years ago when it came out that they were hiding pedophiles rather than reporting them to the authorities.  You think the fact that some nuns were doing evil shit is gonna fucking surprise anyone?

My thoughts on the Catholic Church?  This about sums it up...

http://youtu.be/sunpFS_6UZs

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on June 06, 2014, 12:19:27 AM
Apparently true Christians will go to heaven. How more true than a Catholic nun? Some might remember the recent sentiments from some about the disposal of aborted feotuses. I wonder what they think of this?

I love how the author calls it a septic tank, but then says it was specially converted for the disposal of bodies which means it's not a septic tank anymore. Septic tanks make things go away, if it was a septic tank there would be no evidence of the bodies. Fucking duh. It's a mass grave, like any other. We've all got 'em, and while they ain't pretty (other than maybe Paris' catacombs) they were a fact of life before the modern standard of living eliminated the need for them.

You British, so easily led along by your media.

Quick Karl

This obsession with the Catholic Church is starting to look like how Satan would act when he sees God and his army of Saints coming...

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on June 06, 2014, 01:32:54 AM
I love how the author calls it a septic tank, but then says it was specially converted for the disposal of bodies which means it's not a septic tank anymore. Septic tanks make things go away, if it was a septic tank there would be no evidence of the bodies. Fucking duh. It's a mass grave, like any other. We've all got 'em, and while they ain't pretty (other than maybe Paris' catacombs) they were a fact of life before the modern standard of living eliminated the need for them.

Phew..at least you found justification for it! Anyone would imagine you're an apologist for the wicked treatment of women by those alleged to represent Jesus Christ. I.E Nuns.  Naturally you know this practice went from 1928 up until 1961...You did know that didn't you? And it was known about in 1975 when it was covered up...Quelle surprise! What's that? The Irish legislature is intrinsically entwined with the Catholic church and therefore things like this can get 'forgotten'? No...Say it isn't so.

Isn't just the UK press either.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2014/06/03/bodies-of-800-babies-long-dead-found-in-septic-tank-at-former-irish-home-for-unwed-mothers/

bigchucka

Quote from: Quick Karl on June 06, 2014, 01:36:54 AM
This obsession with the Catholic Church is starting to look like how Satan would act when he sees God and his army of Saints coming...

I just never bought into the belief that in order to be forgiven of my sins, I had to go to a certain church at a certain time and talk to some guy in a two person booth to get that done.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Quick Karl on June 06, 2014, 01:36:54 AM

I know you can't get your head around it Qunt; But the Catholics built the nunneries, run by nuns.. Hence the story. Telling how the apologists for such cruelty can find any means to deflect the case in hand.

Quick Karl

Quote from: Jackstar on June 06, 2014, 01:46:35 AM
To be fair, the sins of the Catholic Church are particularly egregious, and it is the current seat of Satan's power...

You could say the same thing about our Federal Government.

I could argue that the Irish, as a People, are all murders based on the thesis of this thread.

bigchucka

Modified septic tanks that dispose of dead babies... someone should mass market them.  Call them The Eugen-Assist.  I'll start working on getting blueprints made up.  Jackstar... Bill Gates lives in your neck of the woods.  I bet he'd be interested in purchasing some of these.

Quick Karl

Quote from: Jackstar on June 06, 2014, 01:58:02 AM
Well, I could, but the Constitution hasn't been corrupted that far. Harry Reid, Hilary Clinton, and Newt Gingrich are largely as bad as it has gotten on the scale of blatant devil worship. Speaking of... Newt Gingrinch. How the fuck did They People not see that one? *shakes head*

Well, yes, but you'd be wrong, and illiterate. Could you quit while you're aheadretarded?

;D Are you Irish?

Actually, I like the Irish - any People that beat back the English, are OK in my book!

Gawsh, if I looked really hard I wonder if I could find any atrocities committed by atheists somewhere in the world. 

Probably not.

bigchucka

Quote from: Paper*Boy on June 06, 2014, 03:15:10 AM
Gawsh, if I looked really hard I wonder if I could find any atrocities committed by atheists somewhere in the world. 

Probably not.

Stalin... Mao... Pol Pot... I'm sure the list goes on and on.  Just because you are an atheist doesn't mean you agree with Penn Jillette's last couple of books.

On the flip side, you can claim all you want in a belief in God and still be an evil motherfucker.

Stellar

Quote from: bigchucka on June 06, 2014, 05:17:16 AM
Or bad spellers.  At least when I type something and go on to the next word, I occasionally look to see if a red line appears under it.  Means I may have made a mistake.  I think I ought to add that to my list...  I've said in the past that if someone wants to claim that they are something, they should at least read the book first... and know how to spell it.

And being an atheist, then changing your mind about it... I would imagine that would have been a major event in your life.  Thinking no "higher power" existed, then realizing it did... Talk about having to backpedal.

BTW... whether consciously or unconsciously... everybody lies.

[attachimg=1]
Bigchucka I have to tell you the OP who posted this maybe waiting to see what kind of responses he gets.  I do believe in finding the bastards who do shit like this yes and I grateful that York exposed them here.  I tend to agree not to agree with York most of the time.  But making light of the innocence is very warped.

Do you ever have days like this in the below picture wondering where your actions may take you?

Yorkshire pud

Probably not.

Thus proving the belief or not, in an invisible and non-provable deity is evidence of morality or worthiness.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on June 06, 2014, 07:32:30 AM

Thus proving the belief or not, in an invisible and non-provable deity is evidence of morality or worthiness.

What is evidence of morality or worthiness, or is that also invisible and non-provable?

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Quick Karl on June 06, 2014, 02:04:49 AM
;D Are you Irish?

Actually, I like the Irish - any People that beat back the English, are OK in my book!

Are you refering to the Irish who bombed Enniskillin, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remembrance_Day_bombing (12 dead, 63 injured) Omah, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omagh_bombing (29 dead, over 250 injured) Belfast and Derry? What about total? http://www.wesleyjohnston.com/users/ireland/past/troubles/troubles_stats.html Male:3145, Female:   321

Yep.. sure showed the English..ALL the above were in NI, most civilians. That's Irish civilians.

albrecht

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on June 06, 2014, 12:19:27 AM

Hey, I'll start some firestorms. How about the theory that used to be held in more esteem that Papists aren't Christian due to their primary allegiance to a Roman dictator (not to mention their centuries of Crusades, Inquisitions, financial and royal intrigues, pedophilia, and child abuse at schools, orphanages, sale of indulgences, non-Biblical theory of Purgatory, and even some support for terrorists in Ireland, N.Ireland, etc?)

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Marc.Knight on June 06, 2014, 07:36:57 AM

What is evidence of morality or worthiness, or is that also invisible and non-provable?

That depends on the society in which you live doesn't it? I think supremely hypocritical though that the tenet of pretty much all modern religions that their's is the 'true' word.. And if you don't believe in their particular flavour, you're somehow less, or need 'saving'. The catholic church persecuted and abused (and still do in parts of the world) children and adults alike using their indoctrination as the justification. Telling a terrified child they'll go to hell if they don't accept the beating or rape they're about to receive is evil. It can't be classed as anything else. It's brainwashing and damaging.
It's the most hypocritical when these same bullying thugs have the temerity to try and prevent contraception on the grounds of it killing life. Somehow they don't have a problem in damaging the living.

albrecht

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on June 06, 2014, 07:53:55 AM
That depends on the society in which you live doesn't it? I think supremely hypocritical though that the tenet of pretty much all modern religions that their's is the 'true' word.. And if you don't believe in their particular flavour, you're somehow less, or need 'saving'. The catholic church persecuted and abused (and still do in parts of the world) children and adults alike using their indoctrination as the justification. Telling a terrified child they'll go to hell if they don't accept the beating or rape they're about to receive is evil. It can't be classed as anything else. It's brainwashing and damaging.
It's the most hypocritical when these same bullying thugs have the temerity to try and prevent contraception on the grounds of it killing life. Somehow they don't have a problem in damaging the living.
They were Skinner before Skinner  was cool.
"Give Me the Child Until He is Seven, and I Will Show You the Man"
Or some Orwellian system before he wrote about them.
"That we may be altogether of the same mind and in conformity ... if [the Church] shall have defined anything to be black which to our eyes appears to be white, we ought in like manner to pronounce it to be black."

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: albrecht on June 06, 2014, 08:03:17 AM
They were Skinner before Skinner  was cool.
"Give Me the Child Until He is Seven, and I Will Show You the Man"
Or some Orwellian system before he wrote about them.
"That we may be altogether of the same mind and in conformity ... if [the Church] shall have defined anything to be black which to our eyes appears to be white, we ought in like manner to pronounce it to be black."
We don't often agree I know. But that I do agree with.^

Quick Karl

You people really need to find something else to obsess about.

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on June 06, 2014, 01:32:54 AM

Because American's aren't?

Probably not.

The difference being that none of those people did what they did because of their disbelief in God, nor are you likely to find any Atheists now who support nor agree with those people and their actions.  Atheism provides no underlying dogma to serve as motivation to kill and suppress other humans.  There is no Atheist manifesto.  There are however ancient texts at the center of Abrahamic religions telling their followers to do just those things many many times over.

Quote from: Quick Karl on June 06, 2014, 09:16:33 AM

I think the widespread damage and grief caused by religion is a perfectly valid thing to focus on.

albrecht

Quote from: TheMan WhoFell ToEarth on June 06, 2014, 10:07:38 AM
The difference being that none of those people did what they did because of their disbelief in God, nor are you likely to find any Atheists now who support nor agree with those people and their actions.  Atheism provides no underlying dogma to serve as motivation to kill and suppress other humans.  There is no Atheist manifesto.  There are however ancient texts at the center of Abrahamic religions telling their followers to do just those things many many times over.

I think the widespread damage and grief caused by religion is a perfectly valid thing to focus on.
People kill, and not just "Abrahamic religions!" Ancient cultures around the world did it. And people around the world still do it. Atheists just simply do on a quicker, more mass-scale because not only are they trying to achieve their aims but also like to use mass-killing to help eliminate various religions (or religion in general) to help change society into a atheistic one.  To wit the amount of time it took the Incas to kill so many versus say PolPot. Or Catholics under the Crusades or Stalin. Or the Puritans killing witches or say Mao. Hitler is more of a question as during some points he supported certain churches but also was way into a more atheistic bent and also had some odd occult beliefs. Of course, you can say "well these atheists had modern equipment and weapons" and you might be right. But a lot of the atheistic killing was done even in those regimes by starvation, clubs, knifes, etc- and even today in Africa various "animist" and "traditional" religions, as well as Islamic, manage to kill each other very well with machetes (made in China mostly.)

Marc.Knight

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on June 06, 2014, 07:53:55 AM

An intrinsic goodness is internalized by those who are truly becoming a good person.  Strange irony how the rise of internalized goodness and spirituality in individuals marks the end of organized religion.  Organized religion is one more vestige of ancient human tribalism. 

paladin1991

Quote from: bigchucka on June 06, 2014, 01:50:12 AM
I just never bought into the belief that in order to be forgiven of my sins, I had to go to a certain church at a certain time and talk to some guy in a two person booth to get that done.
Then you are smarter than many.  Congrats.  It's about a personal relationship with Jesus.  Yours.  Not what some guy, or, increasingly, some woman dictates.   It's not which club you frequent, it's about you and the Big Guy. 

paladin1991

Quote from: Quick Karl on June 06, 2014, 02:04:49 AM
;D Are you Irish?

Well, Karl.  I'm not sure I would award them a 'win' against the English.  Aren't they still short 6 counties?

paladin1991

Quote from: bigchucka on June 06, 2014, 04:10:14 AM
Stalin... Mao... Pol Pot... I'm sure the list goes on and on.  Just because you are an atheist doesn't mean you agree with Penn Jillette's last couple of books.

On the flip side, you can claim all you want in a belief in God and still be an evil motherfucker.
[/b]

Well there's a 'No Shitter' if I ever saw one.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Quick Karl on June 06, 2014, 09:16:33 AM

Such as all the things you obsess about, you mean?  :-\

albrecht

Quote from: paladin1991 on June 06, 2014, 11:07:54 AM
  Well, Karl.  I'm not sure I would award them a 'win' against the English.  Aren't they still short 6 counties?
Not a win but certainly winning considering the Blair sell-out. And on the offensive side they got about 1/2 the city of Glasgow. Lucky the scummy part, at least.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on June 06, 2014, 02:41:40 PM
Such as all the things you obsess about, you mean?  :-\

Such as obsessing about people obsessing about things.