Author Topic: How to break a previous post into point by point segments  (Read 1012 times)

How to break a previous post into point by point segments
« on: June 05, 2014, 09:23:41 AM »
Something I've noticed many posters know how to do, which I do not, is to take a post and segment it point by point while maintaining attribution.
This way they are able to respond to a previous post point by point rather than en masse.
Would anyone please be so kind as to explain how this is done?
Thanks in advance.

Re: How to break a previous post into point by point segments
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2014, 09:49:13 AM »
Something I've noticed many posters know how to do, which I do not, is to take a post and segment it point by point while maintaining attribution.
This way they are able to respond to a previous post point by point rather than en masse.
Thanks in advance.

you insert the [ quote][ /quote] tags for example i quoted your post above now to break it up you can do the following:

[ quote author=NowhereInTime link=topic=6124.msg264961#msg264961 date=1401978221]

[ /quote] is a end-quote tag
next is a quote tag
[ quote]
Thanks in advance.
[ /quote]

i added a space so the board would show it without interpreting it , here it is without hte spaces:

is a end-quote tag
next is a quote tag

Thanks in advance.

Re: How to break a previous post into point by point segments
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2014, 09:52:43 AM »
and yes im a neckbeard.  :P