• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Sgt Bergdahl comes home (finally)

Started by pate, June 01, 2014, 06:24:49 AM

Quick Karl

Quote from: Kelt on June 06, 2014, 12:03:44 PM
On the contrary I think I'm great fun :)

My only real regret is that I can't go drinking with myself.

You, on the other hand, seem like a very angry man.

From what little I've read I suspect you're a beater.

That's not cool, man.

Well, at least you have your imagination to console you...

Kelt

Well, yeah, for some folks it's an active and creative imagination, and for others it's mindless violence.

We all have our thing.

Still, not cool.

Quote from: TheMan WhoFell ToEarth on June 06, 2014, 09:46:28 AM
Rambling, multi-paragraph, barely lucid, you really are the new Falkie.

I don't recall Falkie being a narcissist with Borderline Personality Disorder.  Also, he was occasionally interesting and did not dominate every bloody thread.

Oh, wait...did I just say that out loud?

Quick Karl

Quote from: West of the Rockies on June 06, 2014, 12:48:07 PM
I don't recall Falkie being a narcissist with Borderline Personality Disorder.  Also, he was occasionally interesting and did not dominate every bloody thread.

Wait, you just described everyone on Bellgab, except for me, of course...

I added some subtle rays to the eyes in my avatar  ;D

Quote from: West of the Rockies on June 06, 2014, 12:48:07 PM

I'm guessing whatever keeps Falkie from working also kept him from performing autofellatio on himself in every single thread on the forum the way Jackie boy here does.

bigchucka

Quote from: paladin1991 on June 05, 2014, 05:57:08 PM
Wicked avatar.  Some folks here are peeing their panties already.

Looks like Phil Robertson as a Scott Summers- style mutant.

pate

Quote from: Quick Karl on June 05, 2014, 03:40:33 PM
I believe that all presidents are inherently corrupt, that goes for all congress people and senators as well, but I also believe that Obama brings a mix of America-loathing-incompetence, the likes of which, the world has never seen before.

Furthermore, all presidents are too arrogant to take responsibility for their failures and shortcomings, but Obama surpasses every previous president in this regard.

Karl, surely you do not include George Washington the first as one of these presidents of which you speak?  I think he outranks Ronald Reagan in awesomeness... 

Anyhoo, to other things...

Quote from: onan on June 05, 2014, 09:32:54 PM
yeah we have never traded with terrorists for hostages before  ::)

Quote from: Kelt on June 06, 2014, 11:57:53 AM
So long as the terrorists don't work out that white westerners aren't gods and that we can be killed.

Recently, I don't think the 'hostages' survived the subsequent beheadings to arrive to the negotiation phase...  By 'recently' I mean the last ten or fifteen years...  I give you Gulf War I under Bush the first, I think we got some pilot out of there or something, but as far as captured soldiers Gulf War 2 and the 'stan, I think Bergdahl stands alone as being the one who avoided beheading long enough to be returned...  Or at least avoided it for as long without a rescue attempt...

Please correct me if I am incorrect in this!

Cheers!

(I do love my whiskey!)

Yes, I did say BEHEADING there as in head chopped off on film, I imagine you can find footage if you look for it...

pate

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Military/2014/0625/Pentagon-clarifies-what-could-happen-to-Bowe-Bergdahl-if-he-went-AWOL-video

I know Christian Science monitor:  they suck/fake religion blahbity.  Bqhatever (had to look that up to make sure I speeled it right), Christian Science Monitor isn't all that bad compared to some other 'news' outlets.

If you don't feel like reading it here's what I got out of it:

They haven't started looking into the circumstances of his departure from the outpost in Afghanistan.  He could be classified as AWOL, captured or deserter.  Those three characterizations are mutually exclusive.  If he's a deserter, he faces imprisonment.  If he's AWOL he loses all the back pay he's accrued and probably dismissed from the Army.  If he's captured, well he apparently wasn't captured as he wandered off... 

Looks to me like my hope of him being found guilty of desertion and set free might come true, in a bit of a twisted manner.  I think they find him AWOL and take the $200k+ back pay he's accrued over the years and throw him out on his rear.  Where people can line up to punch him in the face...

Quote from: pate on June 26, 2014, 09:41:34 PM
http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Military/2014/0625/Pentagon-clarifies-what-could-happen-to-Bowe-Bergdahl-if-he-went-AWOL-video

I know Christian Science monitor:  they suck/fake religion blahbity.  Bqhatever (had to look that up to make sure I speeled it right), Christian Science Monitor isn't all that bad compared to some other 'news' outlets.

If you don't feel like reading it here's what I got out of it:

They haven't started looking into the circumstances of his departure from the outpost in Afghanistan.  He could be classified as AWOL, captured or deserter.  Those three characterizations are mutually exclusive.  If he's a deserter, he faces imprisonment.  If he's AWOL he loses all the back pay he's accrued and probably dismissed from the Army.  If he's captured, well he apparently wasn't captured as he wandered off... 

Looks to me like my hope of him being found guilty of desertion and set free might come true, in a bit of a twisted manner.  I think they find him AWOL and take the $200k+ back pay he's accrued over the years and throw him out on his rear.  Where people can line up to punch him in the face...

Obama looks like such a rat in this whole episode that they are going to try to make Bergdahl into some sort of hero.  As usual the facts don't matter.

Look for them to find a way to have him honorably discharged, at which point he will turn up at every Left Wing hate America rally for the next 40 years

NowhereInTime

Quote from: Paper*Boy on June 26, 2014, 10:34:20 PM

Obama looks like such a rat in this whole episode that they are going to try to make Bergdahl into some sort of hero.  As usual the facts don't matter.

Look for them to find a way to have him honorably discharged, at which point he will turn up at every Left Wing hate America rally for the next 40 years
I'm glad you know the whole truth.  I was worried that you are piping off half-assed, but since you never do that, then I am relieved.
Let the hate rallies commence.

paladin1991

Quote from: NowhereInTime on June 30, 2014, 11:52:06 AM
I'm glad you know the whole truth.  I was worried that you are piping off half-assed, but since you never do that, then I am relieved.
Let the hate rallies commence.
Actually, NIT, Bergdahl was not a scumbag who walked out on his bro's.  He was an agent assigned by the little o, personal like, to become a disinfo agent and a burden on the enemies supply system by eating their shitfood up so the terrorist, er, freedom fighters would be malnourished as they slipped out at night to set up IEDs to the vast amusement of the Americans who would be shredded by them.

Bergdahl is a bitch.  Compromised his bro's.  Ran without a plan.  Courtmartial his ass, give him 'time served', rip away any and all benefits that are the rightful property of those who served honorably.

Fuck Bergdahl. 

I'm sure his family is happy to have him home alive, re: of how it came about or how it all ends now.  Chances are, we Americans will only try him, convict him and release him to his fam.  Sooner or later, the shitbirds who 'held' him, would have tired of playing the game and iphoned his heading and screams.   For the amusement of the Arab world.  To the horror, still/again of the civilized world.

analog kid

Uh-oh. The demonizing of a soldier continues. Stay classy.

NowhereInTime

Quote from: paladin1991 on July 03, 2014, 11:53:20 AM
Actually, NIT, Bergdahl was not a scumbag who walked out on his bro's.  He was an agent assigned by the little o, personal like, to become a disinfo agent and a burden on the enemies supply system by eating their shitfood up so the terrorist, er, freedom fighters would be malnourished as they slipped out at night to set up IEDs to the vast amusement of the Americans who would be shredded by them.

Bergdahl is a bitch.  Compromised his bro's.  Ran without a plan.  Courtmartial his ass, give him 'time served', rip away any and all benefits that are the rightful property of those who served honorably.

Fuck Bergdahl. 

I'm sure his family is happy to have him home alive, re: of how it came about or how it all ends now.  Chances are, we Americans will only try him, convict him and release him to his fam.  Sooner or later, the shitbirds who 'held' him, would have tired of playing the game and iphoned his heading and screams.   For the amusement of the Arab world.  To the horror, still/again of the civilized world.
It's the "ran without a plan" part that intrigues me.  I mean, I could even see running (if so inclined) in Iraq where maybe you could arrange to get to Kuwait, Jordan or even Israel if you were fleeing, but where the hell do you go in Afghanistan?
Leaving aside the treacherous territory, your surrounding countries are: China, Iran, and a bunch of countries with "-stan" in them.  It would seem like suicide to run, no?
As for his captors, why not just kill him?  While they were negotiating his release, how many of their comrades were droned out of existence or otherwise killed by American forces?  They sure didn't accept him as "one of them".
The whole thing is strange...

onan

Since Pat Tillman, I won't make much of any argument about running or not running.

Tarbaby

I wonder… Should we wait until all the actual facts are revealed before we get our undies in a knot?

onan

Quote from: Tarbaby on July 04, 2014, 07:34:17 AM
I wonder… Should we wait until all the actual facts are revealed before we get our undies in a knot?

Pansy.

WOTR

Quote from: Tarbaby on July 04, 2014, 07:34:17 AM
Why ruin a good thing?  I was just about to comment how we love to judge after getting small amounts of information from (usually just one) media source.  Why wait for facts when we do not have the attention span to return once actual facts come out.  Perhaps the best example to this day is Columbine.  So many people still believe what the media told them in the first hours.  This will be the same...

There are so many "experts" on everything from the Ukraine to this Bergdahl case because they have watched several hours of coverage on _____ network and read an article in the _____ gazette- never mind that the majority of facts and the majority of the story are (likely) yet to come.

pate

Or a complete blank...

Apparently (I have no link or anything to back this up) Bergdahl has been questioned, interviewed, etc by some high up muckety muck One-Two+Three Star General, and we have only to wait for the judgement to come down from there...

I espect we hear less than the nothing we have heard since the 'story' broke the airwaves...  just you watch nothing...

albrecht

Obama's Bergdahl swap was illegal according to the GOA
http://www.ibtimes.com/bowe-bergdahl-prisoner-swap-was-illegal-says-government-accountability-office-1665748

One also has to wonder if his policy will, or has, caused radicals to try to take more hostages or impacted the recent killing of James Foley as ISIL/ISIS/IS tried to get a deal also but this time it was refused.

After a quick speech after learning of Foley's tragic death, and no comment on the illegal swap for Bergdahl and the GOA findings, Obama likely commented: "I beheading out to play more golf."
http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2014/08/21/president-obama-plays-golf-after-making-somber-statement-on-beheaded-american-journalist-james-foley/

Albrecht, perhaps you were going for a bit of levity, but can you see how your last paragraph above could be described as racist?  "I beheading..."? 

paladin1991

Quote from: West of the Rockies on August 22, 2014, 09:49:52 AM
Albrecht, perhaps you were going for a bit of levity, but can you see how your last paragraph above could be described as racist?  "I beheading..."?
I think that comes fm the verb 'to be'.  As in, 'You be, he be, we be.....'

pate

Quote from: paladin1991 on August 24, 2014, 11:56:18 PM
I think that comes fm the verb 'to be'.  As in, 'You be, he be, we be.....'

Not to contribute to this whistling past the graveyard mentality...

Why you bring up the Hebes?

I think 'juice' is the PC accepted term...

paladin1991

Quote from: pate on August 26, 2014, 01:34:08 AM
Not to contribute to this whistling past the graveyard mentality...

Why you bring up the Hebes?

I think 'juice' is the PC accepted term...
One of my best friends was a Hebe.  Ariel.  Israeli Airborne.  We can't drink enough beer.....

pate

Not enough to forget anyhow...

How 'bout that Superb Bowl eh?

albrecht

The last I heard of this hero, traitor, turn-coat, troubled soldier, or whatever was that the investigation was complete but the results weren't going to be released until after the election? That doesn't sound like normal, military procedure. I also don't know if he faced a court martial or what the process was in his case. Last article also said that he still is refusing to speak with his family (everyone remembers the odd scene with the bearded dad spouting Arabic- or was it Urdu or some other language) next to Obama. A bizarre story and I would like to see the final analysis and results from the army on his conduct and what the facts are. Why wait until after the elections?

Quote from: albrecht on October 22, 2014, 03:14:52 PM
... Why wait until after the elections?

Because Asswipe traded 5 senior Taliban for this deserter.  Doesn't want to remind the electorate.

albrecht

http://news.yahoo.com/u-armys-bergdahl-face-desertion-charges-nbc-153701502.html
(Reuters) - U.S. Army Sergeant Bowe Bergdahl will be charged with desertion for disappearing from his base in Afghanistan in 2009, NBC News reported on Tuesday.

Gd5150

Quote from: albrecht on January 27, 2015, 01:54:51 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/u-armys-bergdahl-face-desertion-charges-nbc-153701502.html
(Reuters) - U.S. Army Sergeant Bowe Bergdahl will be charged with desertion for disappearing from his base in Afghanistan in 2009, NBC News reported on Tuesday.

Finally left wingers found a military "hero" they can stand behind with pride, and now he's being unfairly persecuted by his own brothers in arms. Oh the shame.