• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Sgt Bergdahl comes home (finally)

Started by pate, June 01, 2014, 06:24:49 AM

The General

If I may make a prediction... Bergdahl's days might be limited.

DocHolliday

Oh, this is fantastic.

“This is a historic moment for us. Today our enemy (for the) first time officially recognized our status. I can’t explain how our people are happy and excited over this unbelievable achievement. Today we reached our destination,” a senior member of the Afghan Taliban told NBC News exclusively from a hideout in Afghanistan.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/taliban-celebrates-release-top-commanders-bowe-bergdahl-swap-n120561

And Jay Carney says the "Taliban 5" are not a security threat to the United States.

Then why were they held for the past 13 years?  Oh, right, because classified documents (courtesy of WikiLeaks) said that they were at high risk to launch attacks against the U.S. if they were freed.

http://www.today.com/news/jay-carney-bowe-bergdahl-release-deal-not-security-threat-us-2D79745127

Quick Karl

Quote from: The General on June 02, 2014, 04:01:33 PM
If I may make a prediction... Bergdahl's days might be limited.

Everyone's days are limited.

Foodlion

Quote from: DocHolliday on June 02, 2014, 07:46:18 PM
The Truth About Bowe Bergdahl:

http://www.oafnation.com/guests-pieces/2014/6/2/oaf-exclusive-the-truth-about-bowe-bagdahl
And this quote pretty much sums it up.

"After seeing what his father, now turned Muslim, had to say about his son in Afghanistan, I am truly appalled.  During his opening speech given at the White House, his father praised him for “helping” the Afghan people and pushing for the release of all those detained in Guantanamo Bay. In the same speech, Mr. Bergdahl’s father went on to praise Allah saying, “bism allah alrahman alraheem” which means “in the name of Allah the most gracious and most merciful”. "

Now it makes more sense of why he would switch sides. I'm going to go Awol with the Tali to make daddy proud.
As soon as he makes it back, his plans are to be a propaganda puppet for the moosies.

Quick Karl

Quote from: Foodlion on June 02, 2014, 08:09:13 PM
And this quote pretty much sums it up.

"After seeing what his father, now turned Muslim, had to say about his son in Afghanistan, I am truly appalled.  During his opening speech given at the White House, his father praised him for “helping” the Afghan people and pushing for the release of all those detained in Guantanamo Bay. In the same speech, Mr. Bergdahl’s father went on to praise Allah saying, “bism allah alrahman alraheem” which means “in the name of Allah the most gracious and most merciful”. "

Now it makes more sense of why he would switch sides. I'm going to go Awol with the Tali to make daddy proud.
As soon as he makes it back, his plans are to be a propaganda puppet for the moosies.

Jesus Christ what the fuck is happening to the US? This sounds too contrived to be true!!!!! We are being fed to dogs, by our leaders. If that shit is true then we really are being fucked by someone in the White House.

I still want to hear the guy's words for myself but, this is a fucked up piece of this story.

albrecht

I'm glad he will be brought home. If he was a drunk, a deserter, or worse an outright traitor it should come out in his debriefing and then he should face a court martial. But it is better to have him here than there. Now the "deal" this character Obama cut letting go 5 hardcore, dangerous terrorists to get him was against the law. But, sometimes, rules are meant to be bent. He should own up to that and testify before Congress and justify the expedience that necessitated the deal. And in secret sessions also detail if we did anything smart in the release (disinfo, RFID tracking chip, nuclear/biological poisoning, etc) that would ensure these 5 would be dealt with, tracked, or lead us to the liar of other terrorists.

Re: the father's odd statements. He thought his son was a prisoner of a backward, dangerous radical Islamists. He would likely do anything to try to get his family back including learning the language or claiming Islamic faith. What will tell is what he does now that he is sure his son is back safely.

The General

Quote from: Quick Karl on June 02, 2014, 04:12:12 PM
Everyone's days are limited.
Hey, you're harshing my Ed Dames buzz, here.
I'm trying to make vague predictions so I always look wise.

Quick Karl

Quote from: The General on June 02, 2014, 08:42:20 PM
Hey, you're harshing my Ed Dames buzz, here.
I'm trying to make vague predictions so I always look wise.

OK I apologize, sir. It won't happen again.

Jackstar

I had to hear some guy on Jones' show today make this connection before it occurred to me to make it myself:

Wasn't it just, like, five days ago that the White House inadvertently outed the name of the CIA section chief in... Afghanistan?

These two events can not be unrelated.

Going on and on about how he's "a traitor" or that he's "an innocent hero" because of "the facts" is a total waste of time. This whole story has been managed from the get-go. An American citizen is being returned home--how about, just leave it at that, and decline being a pawn of the conglomerate media establishment? There, there, that's better, here, have a cookie.

Look for the next kidnapping to demand Khalid Sheikh Mohammed be exchanged.  We need kill that pos asap. 

How is it Saddam Hussein was hung years ago but these assholes are still playing soccer and getting fat at Gitmo?

Jackstar

Quote from: Paper*Boy on June 02, 2014, 10:44:40 PM
How is it Saddam Hussein was hung years ago but these assholes are still playing soccer and getting fat at Gitmo?

Because the whole event was staged, duh. Those fat soccer players are someone's nephew's nemeses, and we're keeping them off the other playing field for them. Isn't that nice of us?

Was that just a rhetorical question, or have you really not figured this stuff out?

Quote from: Paper*Boy on June 02, 2014, 10:44:40 PM

Yeah, but who wants to get fat on cock meat sandwiches?  Who's the hypocritisizer now?

Cynnie

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on June 02, 2014, 11:14:50 PM
Yeah, but who wants to get fat on cock meat sandwiches?  Who's the hypocritisizer now?

Hahahahahahahahahaaaa....god this killed me

pate

Quote from: VtaGeezer on June 02, 2014, 10:04:08 AM
...but he also had a jerk for an NCO who effectively told him to go ahead and take off, just leave his gear.

Hell, I had one of those too!  I told him:  "I may be crazy, but I'm not stupid"

pate

Quote from: Foodlion on June 02, 2014, 02:25:33 PM
I'd hardly condemn him at all. He's entitled to his free speech. I'd like to condemn the idiots that decided 5 enemy commanders were worth breaking policy to obtain this soldier, and not a particularly great one at best. Calling him a scumbag isn't condemning him is it? Cause judging his character I'd say he was worth a dirty diaper toss to the curb before maggots made a meal of it.
Just my opinion though, he might have been a heck of a great guy to his captures, or somebody out there. One person's hero is another's enemy.

I'd like to see him tried, found guilty and released into the "general population."

I have too many friends that want to punch him in the face for what he put them through...

I always told my friends that the only way they could see their dream come true was for him to come home safely, and get discharged and released from the Army.

I also told them that there would be a long line to punch him in the face and they'd best get cracking on it...

I have no desire to punch Bowe in the face...  I do have a desire to forget his name and the fact that he ever existed...

That's just my opinion, though...

albrecht

Another theory posited on Alex Jones's site is that Bergdahl was an intelligence asset and embedded into that clan for that role (pretended to deserting or purposely got captured) but Obama's outing of the CIA head last week somehow compromised Bergdahl's position and so Obama had to scramble to get him out and hence the '5 bigshots for one small guy' makes more sense. Who knows? Just throwing it out there.

Izintit?

Quote from: pate on June 03, 2014, 03:05:59 AM
I'd like to see him tried, found guilty and released into the "general population."

I have too many friends that want to punch him in the face for what he put them through...

I always told my friends that the only way they could see their dream come true was for him to come home safely, and get discharged and released from the Army.

I also told them that there would be a long line to punch him in the face and they'd best get cracking on it...

I have no desire to punch Bowe in the face...  I do have a desire to forget his name and the fact that he ever existed...

That's just my opinion, though...
That`s the problem with the country-everyone just wants to forget it and move on.Meanwhile more of the Constitution is shredded and rights lost.He should be tried for treason plain and simple.Soldiers died looking for him during a WAR.

Quick Karl

I heard the father speak today. To an idiot, the guy may sound like he is trying to be considerate of another culture, but something is fishy...

The General

Is it POSSIBLE that there is a Trojan horse element to the release of the 5 terrorists?  Is it possible?  It's uncharacteristic of me to defend Obama but perhaps he's got an ulterior motive hiding in the robes of these jihadists. This is, after all, the president who oversaw the capture of Osama bin Laden.  He knows we're in a global war with Islamic fascists, doesn't he?  God I hope so.  I really do want to give him the benefit of a doubt here. 

Do we have the technology to put a tracking device in these 5 dirt heads?  Without their knowledge or consent?  Sure we do.  I'm sure they have the technology to put a tracking device in these fine 5 fellows.  It's probably small enough to be administered with a large hypodermic needle.  We just tell them it's a flu shot and boom- tracking device installed. We just tell them it's a Hilal Flu shot, that's all.  "Just a flu shot, terrorist, sir.  It's for your own good health, Mr. Terrorist!"   I'm sure our government has secret technology that is at least 20 years beyond what we believe to be possible.  We can release and track other animals in the wild, why not these 5 animals?

These 5 dirt heads are supposedly going straight to Qatar, and will not be allowed to leave the country.  Is the administration really dumb enough to believe this?  We can't even control our own border, how are we going to keep tabs on 5 guys with beards and robes inside any given Muslim nation?  Is the government of Qatar going to ensure that they don't travel?  Since when do we trust Qatar with 5 senior Al-Qaeda dudes?   Remember when we trusted Pakistan when they told us they didn't know where Osama was?  We're trusting Qatar now?  I don't buy it for a second.  These dudes have super-powered cutting edge RFID chips in their asses just as sure as I'm sitting here on mine.   

Jackstar

The more I read about this event, the more I think he did what he did under orders.

It's time for popcorn.

Quote from: The General on June 03, 2014, 03:32:40 PM
...  Since when do we trust Qatar with 5 senior Al-Qaeda dudes?...

They are Taliban, not al-Qaeda - I guess the thinking is by the time they get back to Afghanistan our troops will be gone, so they won't be a threat to us.  Pretty sure once we leave the Taliban will topple the current govt in no time anyway, with or without these guys.

Qatar is actually one of our closest allies in the region.  They are also on somewhat good terms with the Taliban, which makes them very valuable as a go-between.  Doesn't mean there aren't elements there who may help the 5 escape..

DocHolliday

Quote from: The General on June 03, 2014, 03:32:40 PM
Is it POSSIBLE that there is a Trojan horse element to the release of the 5 terrorists?  Is it possible?  It's uncharacteristic of me to defend Obama but perhaps he's got an ulterior motive hiding in the robes of these jihadists. This is, after all, the president who oversaw the capture of Osama bin Laden.  He knows we're in a global war with Islamic fascists, doesn't he?  God I hope so.  I really do want to give him the benefit of a doubt here. 

Do we have the technology to put a tracking device in these 5 dirt heads?  Without their knowledge or consent?  Sure we do.  I'm sure they have the technology to put a tracking device in these fine 5 fellows.  It's probably small enough to be administered with a large hypodermic needle.  We just tell them it's a flu shot and boom- tracking device installed. We just tell them it's a Hilal Flu shot, that's all.  "Just a flu shot, terrorist, sir.  It's for your own good health, Mr. Terrorist!"   I'm sure our government has secret technology that is at least 20 years beyond what we believe to be possible.  We can release and track other animals in the wild, why not these 5 animals?

These 5 dirt heads are supposedly going straight to Qatar, and will not be allowed to leave the country.  Is the administration really dumb enough to believe this?  We can't even control our own border, how are we going to keep tabs on 5 guys with beards and robes inside any given Muslim nation?  Is the government of Qatar going to ensure that they don't travel?  Since when do we trust Qatar with 5 senior Al-Qaeda dudes?   Remember when we trusted Pakistan when they told us they didn't know where Osama was?  We're trusting Qatar now?  I don't buy it for a second.  These dudes have super-powered cutting edge RFID chips in their asses just as sure as I'm sitting here on mine.

Hahahah, winner winner!!

The General

Quote from: Paper*Boy on June 03, 2014, 04:01:28 PM

They are Taliban, not al-Qaeda

Sorry, I should have used a more general term such as "death worshipping scumbags in dirty robes."

Quote from: The General on June 03, 2014, 04:05:56 PM
Sorry, I should have used a more general term such as "death worshipping scumbags in dirty robes."

Heh heh

The General

Quote from: Paper*Boy on June 03, 2014, 04:01:28 PM
Qatar is actually one of our closest allies in the region.  They are also on somewhat good terms with the Taliban, which makes them very valuable as a go-between.  Doesn't mean there aren't elements there who may help the 5 escape..
Also, calling Qatar one of our closest allies in the region is a lot like calling the McChicken Sandwich one of the healthier choices on the McDonald's menu.  While true, it's not really saying much.

paladin1991

Quote from: Quick Karl on June 02, 2014, 10:42:51 AM
How about, we give the guy the chance to actually step foot back in the US, and listen to what he has to say, THEN rush to condemn him?
Fair enough.

But lets go ahead and fire up the current administration for trading with the enemy.  Worthless bastards.

b_dubb

I wonder if he'll be charged with treason and put to death. Wouldn't that be something? 

Part of me wonders if they inserted some kind of tracking device in the detainees and at some point we'll hear about a drone/cruise missile strike.