• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The BellGab "New Member" Meet and Greet!

Started by GodsEqual, September 24, 2008, 02:13:23 AM

Stevenqbosell

Quote from: Renaldo on December 04, 2010, 10:52:58 AM
Hi, long time listener, first time poster here. ;)

Great forum. I've been listening to C2C since the mid 90's, and while I participate in a lot of forums on different things, this is the first C2C one I've felt inclined to join and post. I think that's mainly because this one isn't filled with sycophantic praises and has more of a critical ear.

Welcome, looking forward to your perspective

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Renaldo on December 04, 2010, 10:52:58 AM
Hi, long time listener, first time poster here. ;)

Great forum. I've been listening to C2C since the mid 90's, and while I participate in a lot of forums on different things, this is the first C2C one I've felt inclined to join and post. I think that's mainly because this one isn't filled with sycophantic praises and has more of a critical ear.
great to have you.  may you post often.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Stevenqbosell on December 04, 2010, 07:54:57 PM
Quote from: MV on September 24, 2010, 07:12:26 PM
Quote from: Stevenqbosell on September 24, 2010, 05:24:40 PM
This place looks fantastic, will be posting here lots.

Discussions on C2C are gonna be great - I work graveyard, in Hollywood, none-the-less, in a haunted office; I know this site will make my 8 hours going flying by...
i steve.  i used B&B construction once.  you guys sucked.

please don't sue me for saying that.  oh, and i heard about those penis popsicles, too.  nice one.

welcome to the forums, brother.

Oh shit I just saw this: LMAO - The penis pops were way embarrassing, and my wife wanting the Bible open in the hotel, when we were trying to have sex - you guessed it, she got sued.
HAHA!!  when you didn't respond to this, i began to initially think perhaps you're not a hendrie fan and that you ACTUALLY ARE named steve bosell, and you think i'm giving you legitimate shit in some way!!

blackmath

Hello everyone!  I discovered this forum sort of by accident when searching for old C2C shows with Art Bell as the host for download.  When I found MV's stream I was totally stunned.  I just want to say thank you, sir for the stream.  It's been on constantly as I've been studying for my exams :)  I don't know what it is, but Art's voice is perfect for concentrating, and it beats Christmas music any day of the week.

I first started listening to Coast to Coast AM as a 13 year old when I'd stay up all night and listen to music and weird shows on the radio.  I forget exactly how it happened but one night, this was probably back in 1994, I was just perusing the AM side of things when this voice came out of the radio.  This voice was unlike any voice I'd ever heard.  It was serious, spooky and extremely knowledgeable and totally unique.  From that point on I was hooked.  I used to stay up all night on Friday and Saturday nights listening to Art every weekend back when he worked all the time.  Listening to his show got me interested in science, the paranormal and radio in general.  There was just something about that voice coming out of a slightly crackly AM radio in my pitch black bedroom that would keep me totally transfixed. 

I have my opinions on George Noory as well, and you'll be hearing my take on that situation.  I personally believe that George Knapp is the logical successor to Art because he also has that serious distinctive voice that gives C2C that feel it used to have.  That, to me, is the main problem with Noory.  He just doesn't have "it", and his voice would be better suited to a morning show or a drive time slot.

Thanks for having this forum available to all the people who appreciate good radio.   

Ataraxia

Hello All! Glad I found this site! I just discovered the coast 2 coast radio program about 1 year ago. I work 3rd shifts twice a week and came across it on the radio. Don't remember what the particular topic was just remember laughing my ass off at the crazy shit the people were talking about and how into it they were. May have been that quack hoagland. I enjoy the program though sometimes it's interesting most of the time it presents a good laugh. I've heard a couple of Art Bell show's that I've downloaded I can see where he was a way better host than Norry! Ian does a pretty good job in my opinion. Anyway just thought it was cool to find these forums and find some other people who listen to the show. I work in a gas station and a few times people come in and discuss the show. One guy kept telling me to look out for the shadow people. He claimed he was being followed by one, but I think he was pullin my chain. Lots of people ask me what I'm listening to I tell em to turn it on.  Sometimes it can really get the wheels turnin! Anyway just thought I'd introduce myself! Oh I'm listening in central Indiana btw.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Ataraxia on December 15, 2010, 07:24:00 AM
Hello All! Glad I found this site! I just discovered the coast 2 coast radio program about 1 year ago. I work 3rd shifts twice a week and came across it on the radio. Don't remember what the particular topic was just remember laughing my ass off at the crazy shit the people were talking about and how into it they were. May have been that quack hoagland. I enjoy the program though sometimes it's interesting most of the time it presents a good laugh. I've heard a couple of Art Bell show's that I've downloaded I can see where he was a way better host than Norry! Ian does a pretty good job in my opinion. Anyway just thought it was cool to find these forums and find some other people who listen to the show. I work in a gas station and a few times people come in and discuss the show. One guy kept telling me to look out for the shadow people. He claimed he was being followed by one, but I think he was pullin my chain. Lots of people ask me what I'm listening to I tell em to turn it on.  Sometimes it can really get the wheels turnin! Anyway just thought I'd introduce myself! Oh I'm listening in central Indiana btw.
pleasure to have you!  post often.

WestBorder

Greetings All!

I have been a fan of Art Bell since 1997.  It is a pleasure finding this forum and I hope to get to know all of you better as time goes by.  This venue seems to be a 'living' forum as opposed to others.  Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
WestBorder

ArtBellFan

Quote from: WestBorder on December 24, 2010, 05:33:42 PM
Greetings All!

I have been a fan of Art Bell since 1997.  It is a pleasure finding this forum and I hope to get to know all of you better as time goes by.  This venue seems to be a 'living' forum as opposed to others.  Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
WestBorder

Welcome Westborder, good to see old friends here, sure you may know a few others, starrmtn001 is also a member..Happy Holidays.

Shirley

starrmtn001

Hi there WestBorder and welcome! ;D   This is a good place with good people.  You'll like it here. ;)

WestBorder

Hi Starr.  Good to see you here!  Good to know I already have friends in the new location.  :D

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: WestBorder on December 24, 2010, 10:23:04 PM
Hi Starr.  Good to see you here!  Good to know I already have friends in the new location.  :D
great to have u.  post often!!

ArtBellFan

Quote from: MV on December 24, 2010, 10:52:35 PM

Thought I would drag some of friends over here like WestBorder and starrmtn001 kicking and screaming, this is the place to be. 8)

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: ArtBellFan on December 24, 2010, 10:59:18 PM
Quote from: MV on December 24, 2010, 10:52:35 PM

Thought I would drag some of friends over here like WestBorder and starrmtn001 kicking and screaming, this is the place to be. 8)
the more the merrier, i say. i think we're one of the few forums out there anywhere who enjoy new blood.

mib12890

I'm a new member, but have lurked around and listened to MV's stream for a long time.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: mib12890 on December 29, 2010, 11:02:20 PM
I'm a new member, but have lurked around and listened to MV's stream for a long time.
hey, brother.  thanks for signing up, and post often.

ADG12311990

Greetings All! I pretty much came here looking for info about why Art wasn't doing the New Years show, and decided I might as well join.  :)

Just a little info: I first found C2C when I was in 5th Grade (2002 I think) I was surfing the airwaves looking for something to listen to so I could sleep, well, I ended up finding Phil Hendrie, I listened to his whole show, and ended up listening to Coast (I think Art was hosting then) And have been a big fan ever since, so much of a fan that I kinda wanna go into radio brodcasting when I am older. Of course, being as big of a nerd as I am (As shown by my profile pic from Mystery Science Theater 3000, and the quote from Red Dwarf) kinda helped me get into Coast.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: ADG12311990 on December 30, 2010, 03:32:10 AM
Greetings All! I pretty much came here looking for info about why Art wasn't doing the New Years show, and decided I might as well join.  :)

Just a little info: I first found C2C when I was in 5th Grade (2002 I think) I was surfing the airwaves looking for something to listen to so I could sleep, well, I ended up finding Phil Hendrie, I listened to his whole show, and ended up listening to Coast (I think Art was hosting then) And have been a big fan ever since, so much of a fan that I kinda wanna go into radio brodcasting when I am older. Of course, being as big of a nerd as I am (As shown by my profile pic from Mystery Science Theater 3000, and the quote from Red Dwarf) kinda helped me get into Coast.
hi, adg.  as you can see by my signature, i'm a phil hendrie fan, too.  however, i found art about 10 years before i had the good fortune of discovering phil.

if you'd like to get into broadcasting, and you're open to the idea of podcasting, check out this thread.

thanks for joining up, and post often.

Silent

Hi guys.  I've been lurking here for a few months now at least so I figured I may as well join in.  Coastgab seems to have lots of intelligent and funny people and I've enjoyed it so far.  See you in the forums.

RoadDog

Was I supposed to post here first? Oops! :P It'll sound like a million other intro posts, but I'm a long time listener, and new member here. I am an avid fan of long walks on the... Nah, not so much, though I do enjoy a good sand castle now and again.

Anyways, hi, and don't be surprised if I post waymore than once or twice.

I'm new, too, from the deep and dark coal region of the Eastern area. I've been reading for a long time and 'the most recent December Art retirement led me to join.

I hope I can contribute some worthy thoughts .. I'm glad I was able to be introduced to Art's voice by my father in the Roaring '90s.. And I'm glad I'm a member here now.

anagrammy

Hi all,

I've kind of jumped right in, stumbling upon this site after realizing I was receiving no real information about the Art Bell situation from C2C.  I always felt connected to Art in a sardonic shared view of the paranormal as an exploration of what goes bump in the night--and all that implies.  I never imagined they would hand the mike to a host without a sophisticated intellect and a body of information regarding manifestations of the extra-terrestrial presence.  Couple that with the increasing non-sequiturs and the irritating inability to ask the next logical question, or to take the conversation to the next level WHICH HAS BEEN SUGGESTED BY THE GUEST--

When I started firing in the obvious questions on fast blast, it was not a good sign. 

It may be an attack of nostalgia, but it always amazed me that Art managed to ask the question you were thinking yourself. I loved that.  George Noory seems to have a different mission (see my post re meeting George in San Leandro).  I suspect he sees himself as a love dispenser to the Lonely Planet.  He will provide enthusiastic replies, whether discussing visitations from aliens or the sucking power of a vacuum cleaner, his enthusiasm is what he offers--and clearly it is for sale.  George is probably a nice man, but a (radio) whore, without the street smarts or irony of a prostitute.

This has been an interesting experience, the contrasting of hosts and the self-knowledge that I've gained from comparing them and finding out what I expect/need from my surrogate self sitting in the C2C host chair.  A wild ride.

Anagrammy

MV/Liberace!

a big hello to all of the new members who have joined up recently!  there are so many of you that i could never find the time to welcome all of you individually.  i hope all of you will become familiar faces.

post often!

George Drooly

Hi All.

Normally I just lurk at forums, but I thought I'd say hello as I'll probably be requesting a few specific shows now and then and didn't want to appear rude (on the internet? HAR!)

Found the board after my weekly visit to Anomalies Archive yielded what appeared to be a dead site... very glad to have come across Coast Gab, not only for the various downloads and info, but the general disdain of George "With an Extra 'R'" Noory. The dude can't even properly read a weather report; I'd love to hear his attempt at play-by-play for professional sports: "How 'bout that extra point... Do you think it was angels?" or "They say Dock Ellis was the only major league player to pitch a no-hitter while tripping on LSD... but might he actually have been possessed by demons?"

Anyhow, first listened to Coast regularly in 1994, was working a night job and found the paranoid (though often ridiculous) tenor of the show irresistible and even disturbing, particularly as Y2K loomed. Loved Art of course, but find no other hosts the least bit compelling.

Glad to be here.

HAL 9000

Quote from: George Drooly on January 05, 2011, 03:27:30 AM ...but I thought I'd say hello,,,  and didn't want to appear rude (on the internet? HAR!)

Rude on the Internet? What's that?   

Welcome.     

MV/Liberace!

hey, george.  glad to have u around.  post often.

ourobouros2k2

Greetings all, just found this great forum via link on wikipedia. Looking forward to looking around here.

regards,
Andy

b_dubb

consider yourself greeted and all that entails

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: ourobouros2k2 on January 05, 2011, 10:43:04 PM
Greetings all, just found this great forum via link on wikipedia. Looking forward to looking around here.

regards,
Andy
this forum is linked on wikipedia?  was it the link at the bottom of the page that points to the stream?  i always thought wikipedia didn't allow links to message boards.  either way, i'm glad you're here.