• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Jews ordered to register in east Ukraine

Started by bateman, April 17, 2014, 01:21:55 PM

Is anyone really surprised that centuries of antisemitism has resurfaced?

albrecht

Quote from: The General on April 17, 2014, 03:27:25 PM
More like racism.
Could be both and you can start some serious, bitter arguments about whether being Jewish is a "race" or a "nation" or both (or sometimes both.) At the very least it is religious bigotry and, somewhat surprising, that Putin would let it happen since he has been saying it was the Ukrainians, and the original protesters in Kiev, who are neo-nazis etc considering the history in WWII where they sided with the NAZIs.

McPhallus

Quote from: RealCool Daddio on April 17, 2014, 03:13:11 PM
Nationalism at it's ugliest.

According to the article, the reason given by the government for requiring Jews to register was because their leadership supported a post-WW2 nationalist.

bateman

Update... http://www.newrepublic.com/article/117415/relax-ukraine-not-ordering-its-jews-register

QuoteThe Donetsk Jewish community dismissed this as "a provocation," which it clearly is. "It's an obvious provocation designed to get this exact response, going all the way up to Kerry," says Fyodr Lukyanov, editor of Russia in Global Affairs. "I have no doubt that there is a sizeable community of anti-Semites on both sides of the barricades, but for one of them to do something this stupidâ€"this is done to compromise the pro-Russian groups in the east."

Why? The Russian government has been playing up the (real but small) role of fascists and neo-Nazis in the victory of the EuroMaidan in Kiev. The Ukrainian government, utterly powerless to fight off the Russians and their local stooges, have had to rely on other methods, like leaking taped phone calls of allegedly local separatists getting their commands from Moscow. This may be just another tactic to smear the so-called anti-Maidan in the east of Ukraine: you think we're fascists? Well, take a look at these guys.

albrecht

Quote from: bateman on April 17, 2014, 04:01:55 PM
Update... http://www.newrepublic.com/article/117415/relax-ukraine-not-ordering-its-jews-register
Dare one use Alex's favorite term "false flag"? The region is so chaotic and carries so much baggage from history it would be wise for us to not try to stir things up. Regardless of how people like Brzezinski, Kissinger, and the neo-cons enjoy the idea of destabilizing the regions and taking advantage of ethnic, religious, and sectarian history for the goal of isolating Russia and getting closer to Russia and the gas pipelines.

bateman

Quote from: albrecht on April 17, 2014, 04:09:21 PM
Dare one use Alex's favorite term "false flag"? The region is so chaotic and carries so much baggage from history it would be wise for us to not try to stir things up. Regardless of how people like Brzezinski, Kissinger, and the neo-cons enjoy the idea of destabilizing the regions and taking advantage of ethnic, religious, and sectarian history for the goal of isolating Russia and getting closer to Russia and the gas pipelines.
Yeah, turns out he was actually right about this: http://www.infowars.com/cia-working-on-proxy-war-against-russia-in-ukraine/

Uncle Duke

Quote from: bateman on April 17, 2014, 04:26:31 PM
Yeah, turns out he was actually right about this: http://www.infowars.com/cia-working-on-proxy-war-against-russia-in-ukraine/

On the other hand, what's to say Putin didn't instigate the Jewish registery so he could justify sending in the Russian military to that area of east Ukraine to protect the Jews from those evil Nazi Ukrainians?  Russians would stand to look like protectors of a local, historically persecuted religious minority rather than invaders in the act of a land grab.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: coaster on April 17, 2014, 05:00:40 PM
http://www.dailydot.com/politics/ukraine-jewish-registry-fake/

So, what this says is the fliers were not fake.  They were exactly as reported, just not recognized by a government authority (such as one exists) willing to enforce them?  Hmm...exactly the kind of confusion and fear mongering some third party would might use to take advantage of such a situation.

Quote from: The General on April 17, 2014, 04:22:08 PM
Like leftism and totalitarianism?
I would suggest nationalism and totalitarianism come in both right and left flavours, and usually spell bad news for minorities.

McPhallus

Quote from: Uncle Duke on April 17, 2014, 05:09:40 PM
So, what this says is the fliers were not fake.  They were exactly as reported, just not recognized by a government authority (such as one exists) willing to enforce them?  Hmm...exactly the kind of confusion and fear mongering some third party would might use to take advantage of such a situation.

Perhaps government or government-encouraged propaganda.  But who knows?  Lots of forces at work there.

albrecht

Quote from: Uncle Duke on April 17, 2014, 04:56:32 PM
On the other hand, what's to say Putin didn't instigate the Jewish registery so he could justify sending in the Russian military to that area of east Ukraine to protect the Jews from those evil Nazi Ukrainians?  Russians would stand to look like protectors of a local, historically persecuted religious minority rather than invaders in the act of a land grab.
Wheels within wheels. Im still looking for the fifth man that made Angleton nuts! But seriously this Ukraine stuff is very deep politics and no one is innocent. There are people, forces, agencies who live for this stuff. And, I admit, I did also againt "evil empire" until you start seeing it isnt about goodness (helping people, promoting your system, bring good religion, etc) cause we--even then decades ago-- help them, give them grain, loans, took theor criminaks as refugees, etc. Not to mention Yalta etc. Im afraid, call me worse than Alex, that both sides want it to go  "hot" In Ukraine n then armistance at Dneiper. And a new cold war (n proxy wars everywhere else). How can anyone, seriously, see US, or NATO, being serious? We cant goto space without Russia these days?! Theatre.

Stellar

Quote from: bateman on April 17, 2014, 01:21:55 PM
Uhh...

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2014/04/17/jews-ordered-to-register-in-east-ukraine/7816951/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+UsatodaycomWorld-TopStories+%28USATODAY+-+World+Top+Stories%29
Soon all in in America will be ordered to take this well in 1-4years so that they can buy and sell.  It will be in injected in the right hand or between the eyebrows. I guess my attention to time maybe different than others and yes these times will be so bad then any other time!

Kelt

Good... I'm always losing my fucking wallet.

Just implant me with some device that removes the need for carrying cash or ID.

Plus it'll have the Fundies pissing their drawers in terror at 'The Mark of the Beast' or somesuch nonsense.

Quick Karl

Quote from: Kelt on June 05, 2014, 02:43:25 PM
Good... I'm always losing my fucking wallet.

Just implant me with some device that removes the need for carrying cash or ID.

Plus it'll have the Fundies pissing their drawers in terror at 'The Mark of the Beast' or somesuch nonsense.

You're a fucking disgrace to the human race.

Kelt

Quote from: Quick Karl on June 05, 2014, 02:59:08 PM
You're a fucking disgrace to the human race.

And you're a case in point regarding fundies pissing their drawers :)

Pack fresh drawers when the servants of the Dark Lordâ,,¢ come for ya, ye fucking muppet :)

onan

fuck... implants, between the eyes...

yep, it is around the corner.

Fuck, stupid, came in and camped in the center of the play ground.

albrecht

Quote from: onan on June 05, 2014, 04:14:12 PM
fuck... implants, between the eyes...

yep, it is around the corner.

Fuck, stupid, came in and camped in the center of the play ground.
I doubt it will be in-between the eyes. More likely, at least at first, it would be in a more fatty part of the body like we've done with dogs for many years (though, currently, unless you got $$, these tags are only read by nearby contact.) And will start first with the RFID and GPS trackers in your cellphone, the new government mandated "blackbox" in your car, and in your Driver's License and Passport. But the main idea will be to link up your location, your email/phone/internet activity in the NSA data-mining and retention centers, all your banking details ("Know Your Customer" since Clinton and the IRS data plus the new financial capital controls and spying), with all your personal health history contained in the ACA database, and monitor your purchases for sanction (guns, wrong foods, tickets for travel, "suspicious" money withdrawl/deposits, etc.) Remember they are already on record wanting to know what books you check out of the library (book bought online or ebooks already monitored by simply access to "the cloud", Amazon, google searches, etc.)

onan

Quote from: albrecht on June 05, 2014, 05:45:02 PM
I doubt it will be in-between the eyes. More likely, at least at first, it would be in a more fatty part of the body like we've done with dogs for many years (though, currently, unless you got $$, these tags are only read by nearby contact.) And will start first with the RFID and GPS trackers in your cellphone, the new government mandated "blackbox" in your car, and in your Driver's License and Passport. But the main idea will be to link up your location, your email/phone/internet activity in the NSA data-mining and retention centers, all your banking details ("Know Your Customer" since Clinton and the IRS data plus the new financial capital controls and spying), with all your personal health history contained in the ACA database, and monitor your purchases for sanction (guns, wrong foods, tickets for travel, "suspicious" money withdrawl/deposits, etc.) Remember they are already on record wanting to know what books you check out of the library (book bought online or ebooks already monitored by simply access to "the cloud", Amazon, google searches, etc.)

Most likely it would be considered a medical procedure. And there is little evidence of therapeutic benefit. So, I have my doubts.

It has that NSA vibe about it; so I doubt it will have much popularity. Oh sure the body peircing type may go for it...