• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

From where do they dig up the hosts?

Started by Gassy Man, April 14, 2014, 02:07:24 PM

Gassy Man

George Knapp excepted, every fill in or replacement host they've found has sucked.  So, is that a requirement for the job?  Where do they recruit these people from?  Seriously, I've got a decent voice and am at least as intelligent as these people -- should I hang out at the Home Depot until they arrive with a truck and ask if I want work?

ItsOver

Rob Simone is well known to be a protege of Noory, so that explains his presence in the running for the weekend suckage.  With the flunkies and corporate synchophants at PremRat, they're no doubt taking Noory's recommendations which is a major problem for anyone interested in quality candidates.  The only thing Noory is interested in is ensuring no one threatens his position.  A legitimate concern since even a well-spoken rock would sound better as a host.

Morgus

The guest hosts all appear to be hosts with a local radio show themed to the paranormal.
In fact, thats what Noory was before he was given c2cam after Art Bell retired in 2002.
So the network appears to just be following their "Noory host model"

ItsOver

Yes, it could just be the old corporate "play if safe with a known quantity" mode.  Known mediocre suckage is much safer than taking a chance to hit it out of the park, in the corporate mind set.  Somebody such as Art usually abhors the corporate climate and the corporate weenies usually don't get a creative "rebel-type," unless it's some true Hollywood types who have manufactured a supposed "rebel."

Mels-hole1984

Schrader is good and I also liked Ian Punnett and J. B. Wells. If you think you can do better, than by all fucking means.