• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Main Menu

Ebola

Started by VtaGeezer, March 27, 2014, 11:56:35 PM

paladin1991

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on October 21, 2014, 08:02:35 PM
This is known as "Droplet" transmission.

Droplet Precautions,
guidelines recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention for reducing the risk of droplet transmission of infectious agents. Droplet transmission involves contact of the conjunctivae or the mucous membranes of the nose or mouth of a susceptible person with large-particle droplets (larger than 5 μm in size) containing microorganisms generated from a person who has a clinical disease or is a carrier of the disease. Droplets are generated from the source person primarily during coughing, sneezing, talking, and performance of certain procedures such as suctioning and bronchoscopy. Transmission of large-particle droplets requires close contact between source and recipient persons because droplets do not remain suspended in the air and generally travel only short distances (usually 3 feet or less). Special air handling and ventilation are not required to prevent droplet transmission because droplets do not remain suspended in the air. Droplet Precautions apply to any patient known or suspected to be infected with epidemiologically important pathogens that can be transmitted by infectious droplets. See also Standard Precautions, transmission-based precautions.
Mosby's Medical Dictionary, 8th edition. © 2009, Elsevier.
*Channels William Fucking Shatner*

" And thatzzzzz...... why,.... youareLt.Uhura.. and ...not... some red shirted meat bag."   

Quote from: paladin1991 on October 21, 2014, 07:45:22 PM
It can, and does, get rather raw in here...at times.    You must also look for the nuance that is wrapped in the typed word.  (In the Marines, 'fucker' can be a term of endearment.)   And so it goes here.   DPS and I, give as well as we get.

Fucker.

Fuckin A.  I almost cried when you called me "fucker," because it means we're bro's now.  And I woulda cried, 'cept crying is for pussies.

Fucker.

Quote from: 136 or 142 on October 21, 2014, 07:39:43 PM
I see you deleted your other post.  I believe you should look up this phrase "hindsight is 20/20."

I don't know how much was spent by the CDC on ebola, but given it's 40 year past history, I can certainly understand if it was very little.

We're really out in the weeds here.  My only point on the lack of a vaccine is that's it's NOT due to 'Republican Cuts', as put out last week in knee-jerk fashion by the usual hacks and shills.   

Has anything ever been Obama's fault?  It amazes me how much people seem to be invested in this unpopular failed Presidency.  Democrat US Senators running for re-election won't even admit they voted for the guy, but no one can bring themselves to admit there has been even a single lousy policy failure, and still - 6 years in - want to blame Bush, Reagan, the Tea Party (who have zero power in DC), anyone but Dear Leader for every failure, every incompetence, every illegal action.  Amazing

The truth is he's been a human wrecking ball.  Intentionally so - no one could be this bad on mere incompetence.  His background certainly supports that interpretation.

The cult of personality. 

If Asswipe decided to stage a coup in 2016 and stay on, not one of the people still shilling for him would have any problem with it at all, or if they did they'd figure some way it was someone else's fault and blame them.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: DigitalPigSnuggler on October 21, 2014, 09:04:39 PM
Fuckin A.  I almost cried when you called me "fucker," because it means we're bro's now.  And I woulda cried, 'cept crying is for pussies.

Fucker.

And we all know who in this parish uses 'pussy' in a pejorative way, don't we?. If you're not sure who I mean; he likes bearded men.

pate

Quote from: NowhereInTime on October 20, 2014, 03:08:44 PM
Appreciate the love!

Just visiting for now, will be back with a whole (or "a-hole", depending on your perspective) bunch of opinions soon! (Just had to pounce on the Ebola hysteria, though!)

Peace!

:)!

Quote from: VtaGeezer on October 16, 2014, 10:42:30 AM
... Please, drop Limbag's "Chicago Machine" nonsense.  It's a phony term created by Fox and Fatass.  Only ignorant dupes use it. There was a "Dailey Machine" when Richard J Dailey was mayor for 20+ years. It completely collapsed apart when RJD died in the 70s.  You probably haven't got a clue what it actually meant anyway.  If it has any remnants, you may rest assured they don't include young black politicians from the S Side.

No, there's no corrupt political machine in Cook County anymore

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/10/22/calibration-error-changes-gop-votes-to-dem-in-illinois-county/

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: b_dubb on October 23, 2014, 05:37:37 AM
You're citing Fox News as a source?

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/25/nyregion/25roger-ailes.html?_r=0

It isn't just Fox. It's the whole Murdoch cess pit. Lying and obfuscation is second nature to the lot of them; Murdoch himself 'couldn't remember' when asked nearly every question he was asked at the Levison enquiry and in front of the Home Affairs select committee in Parliament.
Anyone who takes his shilling is tainted. They might start off all worthy and in it for the right reasons, but such people don't last long or they conform.

NY Times as a source?

Here`s just a few examples from their dirty laundry list:

1) Maureen Dowd's Dishonest Deletion

2) Times Brought Low By Reporter Jayson Blair's Plagiarism

3) Raines of Error: Howell Raines’ 21-Month Times Editorialship

4) Anti-War Reporter Chris Hedges, Unplugged

5) Smearing the Duke University Lacrosse Team as Rapists

6) Publisher Sulzberger's Left-Wing Graduation Rant

7) Scuttling Two of Bush's Anti-Terrorist Programs

8 ) John McCain Affair Allegations Backfire

9) Blaming Jared Loughner's Rampage on Conservatism

10) Tea Party vs. Occupy Wall Street

albrecht

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on October 23, 2014, 06:38:53 AM
It isn't just Fox. It's the whole Murdoch cess pit. Lying and obfuscation is second nature to the lot of them; Murdoch himself 'couldn't remember' when asked nearly every question he was asked at the Levison enquiry and in front of the Home Affairs select committee in Parliament.
Anyone who takes his shilling is tainted. They might start off all worthy and in it for the right reasons, but such people don't last long or they conform.
They (Times) were first ones of your lot to break yet another pedo and sex trade scandal. This one the one ignored due to political correctness in Rotherham. Not a big fan of Murdoch and his love of Hillary or his former golden-boy Piers Morgan or his anti-gun views but at least they reported what you lot wanted hidden. And the BBC with the Savile stuff (or "sexed up" pre-Iraq war stuff) is hardly a better option.

VtaGeezer

Quote from: Paper*Boy on October 23, 2014, 01:31:28 AM

No, there's no corrupt political machine in Cook County anymore

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/10/22/calibration-error-changes-gop-votes-to-dem-in-illinois-county/
A crooked touchscreen.  Touch Box A and Box B gets checked; right there on the screen.  I see why you'd be afraid that your fellow conservatives would be duped by such sly Dem craftiness. That Moynihan guy is one clever Republican to have spotted the sneaky Liberal plot.

You still have no idea what the "Machine" was or meant.  Keep trying.  Concepts like that can be tough when your demagogues fail to explain them.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: albrecht on October 23, 2014, 09:16:45 AM
They (Times) were first ones of your lot to break yet another pedo and sex trade scandal. This one the one ignored due to political correctness in Rotherham. Not a big fan of Murdoch and his love of Hillary or his former golden-boy Piers Morgan or his anti-gun views but at least they reported what you lot wanted hidden. And the BBC with the Savile stuff (or "sexed up" pre-Iraq war stuff) is hardly a better option.

'We lot' didn't want anything hidden (public). Even back in about 2009 when Forrest first broke the story.  You're right in the respect that those who should and could have done something didn't because they were frightened of being branded rascist. In my very humble opinion all those officials (political/ council officials/ police) should and probably will be prosecuted and imprisoned for gross deriliction of duty. Or make it simpler and drop them and the scum who raped the girls down a disused pit shaft. But hey, I'm a liberal and shouldn't advocate such barbaric acts. So I'll compromise and say they can choose that or dropped in the North Sea-in winter. Fair?

Well, I really only trust Dan Rather.  Whatever happened to him?

VtaGeezer

Quote from: Paper*Boy on October 23, 2014, 10:18:18 AM

Well, I really only trust Dan Rather.  Whatever happened to him?
He tried to warn the country about GW Bush.

albrecht

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on October 23, 2014, 10:07:30 AM
'We lot' didn't want anything hidden (public). Even back in about 2009 when Forrest first broke the story.  You're right in the respect that those who should and could have done something didn't because they were frightened of being branded rascist. In my very humble opinion all those officials (political/ council officials/ police) should and probably will be prosecuted and imprisoned for gross deriliction of duty. Or make it simpler and drop them and the scum who raped the girls down a disused pit shaft. But hey, I'm a liberal and shouldn't advocate such barbaric acts. So I'll compromise and say they can choose that or dropped in the North Sea-in winter. Fair?
Arguably much of this stuff was known to the public and government but the people were ignored as "crazy" or conspiracy theorists or mentally ill. Then their were the officials who knew and covered-up. And those that participated themselves. It is not Murdoch so take this article with some salt:
http://www.presstv.ir/detail/2014/10/21/383015/uk-pedophiles-too-many-to-prosecute/

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: albrecht on October 23, 2014, 10:21:52 AM
Arguably much of this stuff was known to the public and government but the people were ignored as "crazy" or conspiracy theorists or mentally ill. Then their were the officials who knew and covered-up. And those that participated themselves. It is not Murdoch so take this article with some salt:
http://www.presstv.ir/detail/2014/10/21/383015/uk-pedophiles-too-many-to-prosecute/

The phrase is work in progress. And to their credit the local BBC radio station has been like a dog with a bone since the recent report. There's much much more that's going to be revealed. I asked one of their reporters a few weeks ago why they hadn't said anything back in 2010. She told me that reporters (in this case Forrest) guard their leads and sources very jealously, so they couldn't 'steal' the sources as they didn't know who they were, and if they did it's unlikely they'd get anywhere as it would effectively be denounced as uncorroborated (at that time). Plus: and this is more significant than it may seem; they, like all local stations have few staff. They simply cannot cover all and any. She told me it frustrated them a great deal.

albrecht

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on October 23, 2014, 10:50:18 AM
The phrase is work in progress. And to their credit the local BBC radio station has been like a dog with a bone since the recent report. There's much much more that's going to be revealed. I asked one of their reporters a few weeks ago why they hadn't said anything back in 2010. She told me that reporters (in this case Forrest) guard their leads and sources very jealously, so they couldn't 'steal' the sources as they didn't know who they were, and if they did it's unlikely they'd get anywhere as it would effectively be denounced as uncorroborated (at that time). Plus: and this is more significant than it may seem; they, like all local stations have few staff. They simply cannot cover all and any. She told me it frustrated them a great deal.
Idk if reporters are covered but we have laws that certain people are "mandated reporters" if they have knowledge of child abuse. Like all laws has some problems (people caught up in system when abuse really isnt or abusers reluctant to let their child go to doctor etc) but, generally, idea is to err on side of caution. One would hope, even if not covered by statute, anyone (even reporter with leads or hotstory) would report. Problem is when cops, politicians, priests, etc are in on the crimes and cover-ups. Shit like the Catholic, Savile BBC, Rotherham, care homes etc stuff was known.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: albrecht on October 23, 2014, 11:03:00 AM
Idk if reporters are covered but we have laws that certain people are "mandated reporters" if they have knowledge of child abuse. Like all laws has some problems (people caught up in system when abuse really isnt or abusers reluctant to let their child go to doctor etc) but, generally, idea is to err on side of caution. One would hope, even if not covered by statute, anyone (even reporter with leads or hotstory) would report. Problem is when cops, politicians, priests, etc are in on the crimes and cover-ups. Shit like the Catholic, Savile BBC, Rotherham, care homes etc stuff was known.

The thing is: those who knew who the alleged victims were ( police senior officers) denounced them as fabricators and in one case arrested for being drunk. She was found in a house wirh several Pakistani men in it who were left alone! She was 13. The press didn't have access to the detail so couldn't run a story just on rumour of a possible tiny case..of course one raped girl is one too many, and no excuse for the police or the local government and it's officers who as well as bullying whistleblowers to keep quiet, engineered a way of simply ignoring the cases or dismissing them as fantasies of little girls. Oh, and the council financed taxis that took the girls from several childrens homes to houses throughout England to be raped. There's no suggestion that this was known, but clearly no checks were made by those who should have made them.

albrecht

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on October 23, 2014, 11:20:19 AM
The thing is: those who knew who the alleged victims were ( police senior officers) denounced them as fabricators and in one case arrested for being drunk. She was found in a house wirh several Pakistani men in it who were left alone! She was 13. The press didn't have access to the detail so couldn't run a story just on rumour of a possible tiny case..of course one raped girl is one too many, and no excuse for the police or the local government and it's officers who as well as bullying whistleblowers to keep quiet, engineered a way of simply ignoring the cases or dismissing them as fantasies of little girls. Oh, and the council financed taxis that took the girls from several childrens homes to houses throughout England to be raped. There's no suggestion that this was known, but clearly no checks were made by those who should have made them.
All these episodes are shameful. I think those who cover up might even hold more guilt as the perverts who commit the abuse are some kind of mental cases (of course still should punished) those non-perverts who cover it up for politcal, business, or political correctness reasons should be held to account. Not probation or simply leaving their positions.

VtaGeezer

Quote from: area51drone on October 23, 2014, 01:48:40 PM
I don't know if this is true, but I certainly believe it *could* be true...

http://www.infowars.com/medical-professional-health-authorities-covering-up-ebola-cases-in-u-s/
I wouldn't believe anything that's only attribution is Alex Jones' "Infowars".

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: albrecht on October 23, 2014, 12:56:39 PM
All these episodes are shameful. I think those who cover up might even hold more guilt as the perverts who commit the abuse are some kind of mental cases (of course still should punished) those non-perverts who cover it up for politcal, business, or political correctness reasons should be held to account. Not probation or simply leaving their positions.

Get no argument from me on that.,. Look up Joyce Thacker and Shaun Wright. In another time they'd have been lynched.

albrecht

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on October 23, 2014, 02:23:43 PM
Get no argument from me on that.,. Look up Joyce Thacker and Shaun Wright. In another time they'd have been lynched.
What a f@cked situation all around. If I were King haha. But I also have lots of problems with CPS and family courts because there are travesties of justice there also. At the same time there are parents or guardians who horribly abuse their children. And, worse, when a child taken into care they might get abused in the system of homes, agents, Institutions or by their appointed guardian. And so much weird things go on: a father punished for making his do chores or or (like happened here in USA) a man who unknowingly fathered a child with his abuser (statutory rape case) years later found to have to pay child support, including with interest for back years. Even though he was victim and UNAWARE he had a child. Or politcal correctness ignoring abuse because " culturally diferences." Hint: cultures with such practices so disparate from ours SHOULDN'T BE HERE.

Quick Karl

Quote from: albrecht on October 23, 2014, 05:08:34 PM
What a f@cked situation all around. If I were King haha. But I also have lots of problems with CPS and family courts because there are travesties of justice there also. At the same time there are parents or guardians who horribly abuse their children. And, worse, when a child taken into care they might get abused in the system of homes, agents, Institutions or by their appointed guardian. And so much weird things go on: a father punished for making his do chores or or (like happened here in USA) a man who unknowingly fathered a child with his abuser (statutory rape case) years later found to have to pay child support, including with interest for back years. Even though he was victim and UNAWARE he had a child. Or politcal correctness ignoring abuse because " culturally diferences." Hint: cultures with such practices so disparate from ours SHOULDN'T BE HERE.

This is what happens when a society lets useless bags of shit run government bureaucracies -- corrupt incompetent morons making the rules for everyone else while excusing themselves from retribution when they fuck up. It is the primary personality trait of a segment of society that sees themselves as better equipped to dictate how you should think, talk, pray, and live your life.

VtaGeezer

Quote from: bateman on October 23, 2014, 06:47:46 PM
Patient in NYC tests positive:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/24/nyregion/craig-spencer-is-tested-for-ebola-virus-at-bellevue-hospital-in-new-york-city.html
This guy got around NYC quite a bit too.  NYC will at least benefit from the lessons learned from Dallas. 

Quote from: Quick Karl on July 03, 2014, 07:52:30 PM
anyone comes walkin' up the driveway with Ebola is going to have a nice round hole in their head,

You are such an idiot. You'll probably shoot the paperboy because he has the sniffles. Every time I read your posts I think, "Can male genitalia really be that small?"

Quote from: Quick Karl on October 23, 2014, 06:51:19 PM
This is what happens when a society lets useless bags of shit run government bureaucracies -- corrupt incompetent morons making the rules for everyone else while excusing themselves from retribution when they fuck up. It is the primary personality trait of a segment of society that sees themselves as better equipped to dictate how you should think, talk, pray, and live your life.

Hang in there, BuickKarl, any day now the heathens will recognize your brilliance and will come running to you to fix all of the problems.  Be patient, son, they're coming.

area51drone

Quote from: area51drone on October 23, 2014, 07:43:00 PM
What could happen to you in one day?

New York, New York - On the Town

Great entertainment.  Thank you for posting that.