Author Topic: Ebola  (Read 70645 times)

Re: Ebola
« Reply #1440 on: March 08, 2015, 01:06:15 PM »
Liberia quietly releases its last Ebola patient, and the apocalypse is over.

Global death toll... under 10,000.

Try not to get so hysterical next time.

http://m.bbc.com/news/world-africa-31744616
And there were less people immolated in cages by peaceful Muslims or shot up in European businesses or stores etc but that spurred countless news also. The issue is the potential threat, especially if it mutated like Reston and became airborne or the "nastiness" of the incident (if it bleeds, it leads.) I think one of the main reasons the press stopped the stories is that it wasn't as hemorrhagic as other outbreaks so the less "bleeding from every orifice" type of pictures available. in those countries that already are in such shambles. (Now they are even worse off.) And, while it is fun to be cavalier about human lives to the family of the people who did die (whether at the hands of Muslims or by Ebola) there is not much comfort in the fact that "only" 10,000 died. And neither threat is not over....

« Reply #1441 on: March 08, 2015, 01:38:40 PM »
And there were less people immolated in cages by peaceful Muslims or shot up in European businesses or stores etc but that spurred countless news also. The issue is the potential threat, especially if it mutated like Reston and became airborne or the "nastiness" of the incident (if it bleeds, it leads.) I think one of the main reasons the press stopped the stories is that it wasn't as hemorrhagic as other outbreaks so the less "bleeding from every orifice" type of pictures available. in those countries that already are in such shambles. (Now they are even worse off.) And, while it is fun to be cavalier about human lives to the family of the people who did die (whether at the hands of Muslims or by Ebola) there is not much comfort in the fact that "only" 10,000 died. And neither threat is not over....

Nicely deflected; Read back at some of the hysteria on these very boards when the two nurses were flown back to the USA to Atlanta. 10000 isn't good; no-one is saying it is, but it could have been far far worse if not for the very nurses and other medics that certain people on this forum were berating as being irresponsible for not dying in West Africa and going back home instead.

« Reply #1442 on: March 08, 2015, 03:22:20 PM »
That's the left wing/liberal/commie/Alinskysky BIG media lies. at least 8 million Amercans alone died..

Didn't they?
No!! Only 35,000 Americans died.  Oh, never mind....that was just gun deaths.

« Reply #1443 on: March 08, 2015, 07:09:53 PM »

Less than 10,000 Ebola victima, almost exclusively in a continent largely free of medicine or literacy.

And people were pissing their knickers, terrified that we'sa alla gunna die-sa!

That last part was in the style of Jar Jar Binks so that even the easily frightened fuckwits who were screaming PANDEMIC can have a bit of a laugh at their reaction now.

Congrats on spinning this into some shit about Muslims, though...

« Reply #1444 on: March 08, 2015, 10:33:39 PM »
Glad the ebola issue went away quietly. People's overreaction to willingly allowing a pandemic disease into the US was clearly silly. It's not like it was going to kill anywhere near the number of people the evil Keystone Pipeline will kill.

« Reply #1445 on: March 09, 2015, 12:36:44 AM »
It's not like it was going to kill anywhere near the number of people the evil Keystone Pipeline will kill.
I asked our resident flag snappers a week or so ago how they squared they're patriotism with giving a foreign company the right to condemn land owned by American farmers for a pipeline that would carry foreign crude oil that would consume scarce US refinery capacity before being exported to China.  No one answered the question. There's no hysteria on the side of opposing the Keystone XL, just blind ideologues on the other side.  Besides, with the drop in crude prices, TransCanada will soon be sweating the approval might go through and they'd be stuck with a white elephant.

« Reply #1446 on: March 09, 2015, 01:18:38 AM »
Glad the ebola issue went away quietly. People's overreaction to willingly allowing a pandemic disease into the US was clearly silly. It's not like it was going to kill anywhere near the number of people the evil Keystone Pipeline will kill.

Least willing of all to let Ebola spread here was President Obama and the CDC. Instead of your craven, Chicken Little "seal the borders" and "round up the darkies" panic, a thoughtful, methodical, rehearsed approach was used to stamp out domestic exposure and to take the fight back to Africa.

Now, given your failure in predicting doom and gloom, you want to salvage a talking point by linking it to that useless scar of a pipeline?

Government worked (except in Texas, where the conservative mindset  of "no insurance, no treatment" turned an Ebola infected patient onto the streets); will you be joining me in thanking President Obama for keeping his cool during this (very) brief crisis? Or is your disappointment that Americans didn't die to great to overcome?

« Reply #1447 on: March 09, 2015, 01:42:38 AM »
Least willing of all to let Ebola spread here was President Obama and the CDC. Instead of your craven, Chicken Little "seal the borders" and "round up the darkies" panic, a thoughtful, methodical, rehearsed approach was used to stamp out domestic exposure and to take the fight back to Africa.

Now, given your failure in predicting doom and gloom, you want to salvage a talking point by linking it to that useless scar of a pipeline?

Government worked (except in Texas, where the conservative mindset  of "no insurance, no treatment" turned an Ebola infected patient onto the streets); will you be joining me in thanking President Obama for keeping his cool during this (very) brief crisis? Or is your disappointment that Americans didn't die to great to overcome?

Hell of a dilemma. Teeth grinding and mutterings because millions of Americans didn't die to give an excuse  for more Obama bashing. They didn't die but they won't give Obama the nod because it would be too much.

« Reply #1448 on: March 09, 2015, 10:44:45 AM »
Hell of a dilemma. Teeth grinding and mutterings because millions of Americans didn't die to give an excuse  for more Obama bashing. They didn't die but they won't give Obama the nod because it would be too much.
This latest outbreak of Ebola is not over, though it has been usurped by Muslim's peaceful activities, especially ISIS and those nice Muslims in Europe, in our media. Now why beheadings and immolations in Libya and the middle-east make news but the beheadings in Mexico don't I don't quite understand. I guess because they aren't Obama's "dreamers" or something.

CDC, if you trust those folks, says increased cases in Sierra Leon and Guinea but good news in Liberia with no new confirmed cases.

« Reply #1449 on: March 09, 2015, 12:03:09 PM »
This latest outbreak of Ebola is not over, though it has been usurped by Muslim's peaceful activities, especially ISIS and those nice Muslims in Europe, in our media. Now why beheadings and immolations in Libya and the middle-east make news but the beheadings in Mexico don't I don't quite understand. I guess because they aren't Obama's "dreamers" or something.

CDC, if you trust those folks, says increased cases in Sierra Leon and Guinea but good news in Liberia with no new confirmed cases.

Exactly what has ebola got to do with ISIS?

« Reply #1450 on: March 09, 2015, 02:17:44 PM »
Exactly what has ebola got to do with ISIS?

He really wants to make this about Muslims, for some perverse reason.

Weird.

« Reply #1451 on: March 09, 2015, 03:15:52 PM »
especially if it mutated like Reston and became airborne or the "nastiness" of the incident (if it bleeds, it leads.)

There is not a single credible epidemiologist who believes that could happen, at least not within the next 100 to 1000 years.

« Reply #1452 on: March 09, 2015, 03:57:42 PM »
Who has time to worry about ebola, we need to be prepping ourselves for SARS and the bird flu. "Get your shots while they're hots!"

« Reply #1453 on: March 10, 2015, 11:28:35 AM »
Who has time to worry about ebola, we need to be prepping ourselves for SARS and the bird flu. "Get your shots while they're hots!"

So, to sum up, you're completely wrong on Ebola, you won't acknowledge it, so now it's time to use conservative code like SARS and Bird Flu to further your anti-gubbmint case?

This is why conservatism will die.

« Reply #1454 on: March 10, 2015, 01:15:28 PM »
I disagree and think we should be prepping for the conservative's wet dream of war with Iran.

« Reply #1455 on: March 11, 2015, 07:06:48 AM »
I disagree and think we should be prepping for the conservative's wet dream of war with Iran.
No!! Only 35,000 Americans died.  Oh, never mind....that was just gun deaths.

That seems like a cogent argument!

{I tots hyde}

« Reply #1456 on: October 12, 2015, 04:27:09 PM »
I just read from the WHO site that October 4 marked the first week since the Ebola outbreak of no new cases.  Twenty-eight thousand cases and over eleven thousand deaths total.  Yet no one seems to much care now that only Africans are affected.