• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

College bans white people from "Diversity Happy Hour"

Started by Chaim, March 12, 2014, 11:26:47 AM

Chaim

Quote from: b_dubb on March 24, 2014, 02:17:47 PM
No Chaim. Just you. And your race baiting horse shit.
you should not hurt my feelings, goyim. I am a very fragile person.

Quote from: West of the Rockies on March 24, 2014, 02:18:55 PM
Hey, PB....  Well, there are those who will take chemistry courses and end up making bombs; others will take composition classes and end up writing racist screeds; still others will take economics courses and become banksters.  No matter what courses are offered and taken, someone somewhere somehow will use the information for unfortunate purposes.  A few idiots will take courses on environmentalism and decide to spike trees (a crime that I think should be regarded as attempted murder on a human, BTW).  Someone will take a course in law and find a way to pollute a creek with carcinogens and skate away fat, sassy, and more wealthy.  So it goes....

No, I do NOT think taxpayer money should go towards funding clubs that foment racism, sexism, ageism, etc.  But there are college students/clubs of all shades that do this--some of them lean left while others lean right... 

To me this stuff looks like some sort of Left-wing grievance and victimhood 'teach-in' op - meant to keep the pot stirred and the participants enraged.  And not about learning.

The difference between that and the areas of study you mentioned is classes like chemistry and accounting are not there mainly to stoke anger and resentment.  A better comparison would be if there were something like KKK study courses, complete with Klan leaders posing as professors to stir up dumbshit white kids.

Quote from: West of the Rockies on March 24, 2014, 02:18:55 PM
... I think there are college and university professors who may be brilliant in a super-thin slice of some science or art; that does not make them brilliant in everything or immune to being utter asshats?  Hell, no.  Remember ol' Unniversity of Colorado professor Ward Churchhill?  He is an example of a left-leaning asshole.  Can you point to a right-leaning university professor who is similarly reprehensible?  I put forth this challenge in all seriousness.  I am clearly left-leaning and am offering a name of "a fellow leftie" who I think does more harm than good.  In the spirit of "reaching across the aisle", I ask you to do the same from your conservative perspective...

How many Conservatives are left in Academia?

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on March 25, 2014, 06:56:56 AM
Many Conservatives, not many Republicans.

True, but not for long. It's untenable as it stands. You can't half one half of science in an illogical climate change fervor willing to accept just any research as validation, and the other half still holding on to skepticism and peer review as a benchmark. Eventually such a status quo explodes and leads to a split. It would be unwise in the interest of truth in science to allow science to become a question of "liberal" vs. "conservative", but that seems to be where it is and unfortunately it's a really stupid idea for all to advance to the public that the scientific method itself in question. But that's what we're setting ourselves up for.