• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

I use the internet way too much

Started by area51drone, March 08, 2014, 02:20:26 PM

area51drone

I just checked, and last month I used 650gb.  The prior month, 350gb, and the month before that 120gb.  I know why, but I'm curious how that stacks up to the rest of you..

Quote from: area51drone on March 08, 2014, 02:20:26 PM
I just checked, and last month I used 650gb.  The prior month, 350gb, and the month before that 120gb.  I know why, but I'm curious how that stacks up to the rest of you..

Do you have business fiberoptic?

I need to move up where you are because it sounds like there is no throttling.

Are we supposed to guess why the the internet use?
My guess: you hosting a database of some kind.

Foodlion

Quote from: area51drone on March 08, 2014, 02:20:26 PM
And now I don't know how us old net users managed to use AOL back in the dial up days. 

Is it related to Valentine's Day (which would explain the big spike in the month of February)?

Or perhaps you have something related to Black History Month.

Did you watch a considerable amount of videos to improve your knowledge of the African-American experience?

area51drone

It's home internet, comcast.   They had a 250gb cap, but suspended the cap a few years ago.   I don't think my usage is normally this high, but I've been doing a lot of downloading lately.  I do run a database and a web server, but it's accessed internally on the LAN, and only by me, so it uses very very little outside traffic when I occasionally work remotely.   My kids watch netflix instead of regular tv, which doesn't help.