• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

British spy agency collected nude pics via webcams

Started by bateman, February 27, 2014, 09:28:43 PM

albrecht

Quote from: bateman on February 27, 2014, 09:28:43 PM
Because of course they did.

http://www.latimes.com/opinion/opinion-la/la-ol-yahoo-webcam-britain-spying-nsa-snowden-20140227,0,4634326.story

Amazing. But this has been going on for a while. I recall some in a school district!! On laptops given to students. I'm sorry to, again, use Alex as reference. but http://www .courthousenews.com/2010/02/18/Eyes.pdf
break that link back and just one, and that is not govt. I recall some of the limited,very limited,  NSA testimony said that "contractors" also abused system for personal reasons.

awake

the term "government run amok" jumps to mind.   Hey, is that a drone above my house?

NowhereInTime

I would like Kate Middleton pics, please.  (Also one or two of Harry.  For medicinal purposes!)

It worries me that this story doesn't seem to have legs... have we all just gotten to the point where we think privacy is a quaint old-fashioned notion? 

onan

Quote from: West of the Rockies on March 14, 2014, 12:30:37 PM
It worries me that this story doesn't seem to have legs... have we all just gotten to the point where we think privacy is a quaint old-fashioned notion?

Pretty much, privacy is an anachronism. It seems that anyone 35 and under is completely comfortable with sharing almost if not all aspects of their lives.

I dunno if that is a good thing or a bad thing.

Carl Rogers said "What is most personal is most general."

Juan

I blame fathers in the delivery room.  Ever since that has been allowed, children have been photographed (then videotaped, then recorded) at the very moment of birth, and every second after.  Children have been granted no privacy by their parents, so the think nothing of texting photos of their hard-ons to their girlfriends.  Just as a former 25-year old co-worker did.  Except the 43-year old girlfriend's phone was grabbed by her 18-year old daughter, who found the photo fascinating.  Interesting dynamics.

Well, 43 is the new 34.... er, the inverse of... nevermind.

All I know for sure is that 73 is the best number!

VtaGeezer

I heard a factoid on CNN a week or so about websex being the 2nd most popular use of webcams; I forget what was 1st.

albrecht

Quote from: VtaGeezer on March 18, 2014, 12:28:36 PM
I heard a factoid on CNN a week or so about websex being the 2nd most popular use of webcams; I forget what was 1st.
#1 is likely various government's security agencies spying on people.

Gd5150

Quote from: VtaGeezer on March 18, 2014, 12:28:36 PM

Yeah right. Its the 2nd most popular use. Its also the 1st 3rd and 4th most popular use. After that comes nothing because they arent used for anything else.