• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Is it me or does George remind you of Jay Leno?

Started by 2014, February 07, 2014, 11:01:07 PM

Anyone get that feeling? Jay Leno and George both come off as being uber super nice guys, but you just know deep down that are vindictive manipulating people and would do anything to walk over people.

Think about it... Jay Leno screwed over David Letterman and Conan O'Brien, and soon Jimmy Fallon, and he comes off as playing the good guy. "Gosh, gee-whilickers, NBC you want me back? Sure, just don't tell anyone I was key in getting Conan booted"

George Noory, succeeds in screwing over Art, then boots out John B Wells. I wonder if any other short timer hosts were screwed by him? George Knapps disease? Ian Punnett's ears? all kidding aside I wonder how Ian would have handled this if he were still on C2C.

Anyway, it's my first time here, thought I would post this. I have a better personal email exchange with Snoory from back in 2006 that I'll share on another post, only goes to prove how nasty he really is.

georgesucks

George does not remind me of Jay Leno because Leno has a Very BIG CHIN.

Oh come on.... CHIN really? Come on! Everyone knows that isn't a chin, it's a pod that inside has a mini-Jay controlling everything... MASTER BLASTER!!!!

;)

Wait, how did Leno screw over anybody? If anything, it was Leno that got screwed. And another thing, from all I have heard and read, Leno is one of the most down to earth, kind people in the entire industry.

I'm with you on George Noory being a complete dick, but anyone screwing over David Letterman or Conan O'Douchebag should be thanked and rewarded.

No read the inside stories. Leno, hid in closets to listen to the NBC Execs conversations, he had his agent basically steal the Tonight Show for him. Johnny Carson, who everyone agrees was the best, said that he wanted Letterman to take the show.  But Jay's agents used the info that Jay listened in on to his advantage. Why didn't Carson ever come on Leno show, yet not only did he show up on Letterman, but he used to write jokes for Letterman's monologue a lot.

Then the Conan thing, come on, whether Conan would fail by himself will never be known, Leno took a show before Conan's and his 10pm show tanked basically with no lead in for Conan. He was instrumental in getting Conan booted and coming back on to take over his old show.

As for down to earth, not sure about that, heard he was a maniacal cut throat who would throw his own mom in a fire to get what he wanted. Ask Letterman, Conan, Arsenio, Dennis Miller, Jimmy Kimmel, George Lopez, Howard Stern,  and on and on they all say he's a nasty man.

All that stuff reminds me of what Noory is pulling right now.

Quote from: FightTheFuture on February 07, 2014, 11:35:50 PM
Wait, how did Leno screw over anybody? If anything, it was Leno that got screwed. And another thing, from all I have heard and read, Leno is one of the most down to earth, kind people in the entire industry.

FightTheFuture, by the way, i love your avatar. Gets my vote for best one, I used to use that at my job, it freaked everyone out when we did video chats and that would come up. ahaha

George Drooly

Quote from: 2014 on February 08, 2014, 12:13:48 AM
No read the inside stories. Leno, hid in closets to listen to the NBC Execs conversations, he had his agent basically steal the Tonight Show for him. Johnny Carson, who everyone agrees was the best, said that he wanted Letterman to take the show.  But Jay's agents used the info that Jay listened in on to his advantage. Why didn't Carson ever come on Leno show, yet not only did he show up on Letterman, but he used to write jokes for Letterman's monologue a lot.

Dude, please learn when to use commas. Jesus.

Every forum has a grammar Nazi and ladies and gentlemen, there he is ... George Drooly! Take a bow George, should we have a debate about the proper usage of the serial comma, that'll turn you on I bet.

George Drooly

Quote from: 2014 on February 08, 2014, 10:34:41 PM
Every forum has a grammar Nazi and ladies and gentlemen, there he is ... George Drooly! Take a bow George, should we have a debate about the proper usage of the serial comma, that'll turn you on I bet.

Why, don't, you, ask, your, mother, how, much, she, paid, me, last, night, for, the, best, time, of, her, life?

Foodlion

Quote from: George Drooly on February 09, 2014, 03:47:49 AM
Why, don't, you, ask, your, mother, how, much, she, paid, me, last, night, for, the, best, time, of, her, life?

I may be GED educated, but, I, never, saw, a, huge, issue, with, over, use, of, commas, before.

Let's all get along dagnabbit!

Quote from: George Drooly on February 09, 2014, 03:47:49 AM

What are you 12 or something, seriously that's the best you can do? How pathetic. Oddly enough you're the little troll who most likely lives in his parents basement and is still carrying his V-card.

I love how I come onto the board hoping to join a community, yet everywhere you go there are still little trolls who make threats behind their computers because in the real world they get walked over and hate themselves for being losers. Oh internet, how I love thee.

onan

Quote from: 2014 on February 09, 2014, 10:56:45 AM
What are you 12 or something, seriously that's the best you can do? How pathetic. Oddly enough you're the little troll who most likely lives in his parents basement and is still carrying his V-card.

I love how I come onto the board hoping to join a community, yet everywhere you go there are still little trolls who make threats behind their computers because in the real world they get walked over and hate themselves for being losers. Oh internet, how I love thee.

So, how's your mom?

ziznak

I came here because I couldn't for the life of me figure think of similarities between leno and snoorey...

only to find the cocks whipped out again...  ok... well... get your rulers.

Drooly,
If you promise to kiss and make up, I'll make sure to slip you some tongue,,,,,,

onan

Quote from: 2014 on February 09, 2014, 12:35:59 PM
Have you even grown your tight and curlies yet?
Yeah, ask your mom... she does the manscaping for me.

Quote from: onan on February 09, 2014, 07:57:39 PM
Yeah, ask your mom... she does the manscaping for me.

Your intelligence never ceases to amaze me. I guess you're into necrophelia because my mother has been dead for 5 years. Tell her hi from me. I could always retaliate with more Mom jokes but you know what they say about fighting on the internet, it's like the Special Olympics, even if you win you are still retarded. And you my friend, are still and will always be retarded.

No go crawl back into your little hole where you once came from. Happy days are here again.

eeieeyeoh

Quote from: 2014 on February 09, 2014, 08:32:28 PM
... ... Happy days are here again.

Try teaching that to your children. Jay Leno is in a different league much more pro than George Noory. I could simply show my children youtube vids of Jay Leno's Garage to prove it. George Noory has a 24/7 job he really sucks at and probably leases cars.

Good point. I didn't mean to compare talent. I just mean in regards to all the underhanded behind the scenes stuff that's going on with people losing shows, getting shows then getting fired, etc etc.

One good thing about going back and forth with the other members [which in all honesty is great, if you dish it out you have to take it] is that this thread stays at the top and Snoory gets to see yet another former listener who dislikes him.

Now when is Onan going to MANSCAPE me????

onan

Quote from: 2014 on February 09, 2014, 09:04:23 PM
One good thing about going back and forth with the other members [which in all honesty is great, if you dish it out you have to take it] is that this thread stays at the top and Snoory gets to see yet another former listener who dislikes him.

Now when is Onan going to MANSCAPE me????

So, are you finally seeing some humor? and my mom has been dead for close to 5 years also... jesus man, it isn't about your real mom... but if you still need consolation... sorry about your mom.

Seriously, pay no attention to me, I like to mix up a bit and have fun but I know when to just step back after messing around. I was an admin for forums for 3 decent size bands and it was a friggin nightmare. People complaining to me about their feelings getting hurt, telling me who I should ban, who should be blocked, how to run the site. I honestly stayed away from message board for a good year after that. Talk about soap opera.
And we all know how easy it is to bitch and be a tough guy online, when in real life we'd probably just laugh and buy each other a drink.

Hey I do have a question actually, how/when can I listen to the podcast live? Is there even an option for that?

Thanks, and don't forget to get your man clippers out for me!!!  :o

eeieeyeoh

Quote from: onan on February 09, 2014, 11:23:45 PM
... ... sorry about your mom.

I missed that completely. I look deeper than personal stories of unknown truth. My Mom is dead > 5 yrs too, so maybe a Mother's Day thread can be made here titled relative to some points of honor. Probably not appropriate to have thread proving your Mom was a virgin and ascended into heaven on a cloud. Every Mom always does the best she can do, and the writers here prove it w/or w/o Dad as part of equation. Now that I think of it, Mother's and Father's day may be double dipping by retailers for what should be only Parent's Day.

onan

Quote from: 2014 on February 09, 2014, 11:36:32 PM
Seriously, pay no attention to me, I like to mix up a bit and have fun but I know when to just step back after messing around. I was an admin for forums for 3 decent size bands and it was a friggin nightmare. People complaining to me about their feelings getting hurt, telling me who I should ban, who should be blocked, how to run the site. I honestly stayed away from message board for a good year after that. Talk about soap opera.
And we all know how easy it is to bitch and be a tough guy online, when in real life we'd probably just laugh and buy each other a drink.

Hey I do have a question actually, how/when can I listen to the podcast live? Is there even an option for that?

Thanks, and don't forget to get your man clippers out for me!!!  :o

by clicking the "gabcast" link at the top of the page, you are taken to the gabcast site. that can be listened to live on mondays 8 eastern or 12noon tomorrow Oz time. The spec sheet can be navigated to from that site as well... it is ran by "professionals" definately worth a look and listen.

There are several podcasts on the Dark Matter site... the best there is Bateman's Dark Weekend. I think most the casts there are live... not sure.

Quote from: 2014 on February 08, 2014, 12:13:48 AM
As for down to earth, not sure about that, heard he was a maniacal cut throat who would throw his own mom in a fire to get what he wanted. Ask Letterman, Conan, Arsenio, Dennis Miller, Jimmy Kimmel, George Lopez, Howard Stern,  and on and on they all say he's a nasty man.

All that stuff reminds me of what Noory is pulling right now.
He'd still Howard's bits left and right. Then he stole Stuttering John, without even a courtesy call.

Just like George, play the nice guy on the outside- piece of shit on the inside.

Quote from: norrykilledc2c on February 15, 2014, 09:18:43 PM
... Just like George, play the nice guy on the outside- piece of shit on the inside.

I never thought of George as being a 'nice guy'.  Listening to his show, that just never occurred to me.

I remember being surprised the first few times I saw some one post something along the lines of 'George sucks but he's a nice guy'.   So I listened for it and thought:  that fools people?, don't they realize it's part of his shtick and he's not even very good at it?

albrecht

Quote from: Paper*Boy on February 15, 2014, 09:47:41 PM
I never thought of George as being a 'nice guy'.  Listening to his show, that just never occurred to me.

He keeps talking about some charity via his "tv show" that he is going to set up to help people but I don't know the status of that. But in his defense, I do recall a show some years ago with a women caller who clearly seemed almost schizo and in a really bad place and he said she needs to get some professional help and instructed his staff to keep her online and get her info or call someone for her. I forget the details but it was clear in the call that it wasn't the usual "crazy" caller but a person really in trouble. I think he also helped out a blind guy who was a caller a while back. Of course, I can't confirm that things were done but when the troubled lady was on air it sounded very real like he was concerned. Of course other callers also sound "crazy", in both he and Art's shows, but this one seemed like imminent threat and he seemed to be genuinely concerned.

Quote from: Paper*Boy on February 15, 2014, 09:47:41 PM

I remember being surprised the first few times I saw some one post something along the lines of 'George sucks but he's a nice guy'.   So I listened for it and thought:  that fools people?, don't they realize it's part of his shtick and he's not even very good at it?

His stupid comments about never taking a vacation, and always being there for his listeners. No one likes him, so he has nowhere else to go except his studio.