• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Jimmy Church

Started by mikealden, January 27, 2014, 09:37:07 PM

basswood

Quote from: wr250 on March 04, 2015, 08:44:59 AM
i guess church has moved to the kgra.com side now. as i understand it, usually kgra restricts downloads of its broadcasts/podcasts to paying members only.  so perhaps church is going the way of john b wells.

I never even heard of KGRA so I went to their website and checked it out. Isn't this EXACTLY what Keith and Art had in mind with DMRN? Gotta say, except for Timmy Chuuch I have no idea about the content, but the website is infinitely better than DMRN.

astroguy

Quote from: cweb on March 04, 2015, 02:53:29 PM
"This Week In Google Maps Rendering Errors"
Ha!  I nearly spit out the drink I wasn't drinking!

I'm *so* glad that I'm not the only one who is really annoyed with this "Malibu Base" think that looks oh-so-much like interpolation artifacts.

morgana213

Quote from: basswood on March 04, 2015, 06:52:31 PM
I never even heard of KGRA so I went to their website and checked it out. Isn't this EXACTLY what Keith and Art had in mind with DMRN? Gotta say, except for Timmy Chuuch I have no idea about the content, but the website is infinitely better than DMRN.
My understanding is that the producer of KGRA came from C2C.  KGRA has been around for at least a year around January, 2014...I think.  Interesting timing for them to be doing exactly what DMRN was/is doing.  Could Dave and crowd be that slimy? KGRA has some interesting shows, but they aren't even close to the caliber of Art's old shows and won't be able to compete with his new show.  It doesn't surprise me Timmy would be smoozing with them.  I mean where else is he going to go?  He has even called into their shows like he called into DMRN shows to plug his own show.  Very sad really....

Didn't Church say his show was going to be on Ihateradio app within two weeks. Over two weeks ago. Is Timmy Church's fade to blech going to be on with them or not?

bateman

Quote from: morgana213 on March 05, 2015, 01:20:03 AM
My understanding is that the producer of KGRA came from C2C.  KGRA has been around for at least a year around January, 2014...I think.  Interesting timing for them to be doing exactly what DMRN was/is doing.  Could Dave and crowd be that slimy? KGRA has some interesting shows, but they aren't even close to the caliber of Art's old shows and won't be able to compete with his new show.  It doesn't surprise me Timmy would be smoozing with them.  I mean where else is he going to go?  He has even called into their shows like he called into DMRN shows to plug his own show.  Very sad really....

Eww, really?

Quote from: nooryisawesome on March 05, 2015, 01:22:24 AM
Didn't Church say his show was going to be on Ihateradio app within two weeks. Over two weeks ago. Is Timmy Church's fade to blech going to be on with them or not?

http://bellgab.com/index.php/topic,5583.msg348705.html#msg348705

morgana213

Quote from: bateman on March 05, 2015, 02:48:17 AM
Eww, really?

Yep he called into Chase Mclesky's show and then called into Micha Hank's show.  Kind of creepy since he did the same on DMRN by calling into Future Theater and Dr. J's show. MO looks the same to me.   

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: morgana213 on March 05, 2015, 03:24:12 AM
Yep he called into Chase Mclesky's show and then called into Micha Hank's show.  Kind of creepy since he did the same on DMRN by calling into Future Theater and Dr. J's show. MO looks the same to me.

you guys should try and get him to call in to the gabcast.  that'll be a hoot.

paladin1991

You got his number handy MV?  We should ALL call him.  Just so he knows how much we want to talk with him.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: paladin1991 on March 05, 2015, 10:30:07 AM
You got his number handy MV? 

i don't even know how to spell his name correctly.  chuuch, right?

paladin1991

Ch-chu.  Chi.  Chius.  Chi..iimi...chunga.  chimichunga.  Ummmm.  Hell.

qaddisin

Quote from: paladin1991 on March 05, 2015, 11:51:13 AM
Ch-chu.  Chi.  Chius.  Chi..iimi...chunga.  chimichunga.  Ummmm.  Hell.

basswood

Quote from: MV on March 05, 2015, 11:47:32 AM
i don't even know how to spell his name correctly.  chuuch, right?

That's it! First name spelled T I M M Y.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: basswood on March 05, 2015, 01:16:24 PM
That's it! First name spelled T I M M Y.

i prefer timmah.

morgana213

Timmy is now on KGRA at the same time he was on DMRN. "Whaa, I want to host C2C, and dave and I are such good friends.  He's such a nice guy.  Whaa!  Keith and Art won't let me and are just being mean to Dave and me.  Whaaa!  Forget all that shit I said before about Dave...I TAKE IT ALL BACK!  Look the other way...no back stabbing here."

I'm sure KGRA won't mind if he hosts C2C, I'm just wondering if Dave will ask him to again...or was Dave using him to fuck with Art.  Time will tell.... 

By the way, thank you Bateman for having integrity.  I love your show.

Just listened to Jimmy Church's ripoff of Art's Area 51 caller. It has made me realize how great Art was compared to every other radio host when it comes to suspending disbelief. As soon as JC took this call, he started cracking and couldn't pull off acting as if it was real.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Turning Down My Radio on March 07, 2015, 10:43:01 AM
Just listened to Jimmy Church's ripoff of Art's Area 51 caller. It has made me realize how great Art was compared to every other radio host when it comes to suspending disbelief. As soon as JC took this call, he started cracking and couldn't pull off acting as if it was real.

Ugh. There are times when I hate the fact that it's so easy for anyone to start an internet radio show.

MV have you heard this show? I'm listening to it and it just is upsetting me more and more.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Turning Down My Radio on March 07, 2015, 11:28:20 AM
MV have you heard this show? I'm listening to it and it just is upsetting me more and more.

the only time i've heard jimmy church's voice was when he hosted coast that one single (and probably last) time.  and even then, i only listened for about five minutes.

astroguy

Quote from: MV on March 07, 2015, 11:33:52 AM
the only time i've heard jimmy church's voice was when he hosted coast that one single (and probably last) time.  and even then, i only listened for about five minutes.
But he done did it twice now.

MV take a listen to this. The call starts at about 3 mins in. I'd love to hear your opinion on this. http://youtu.be/dFYkFUC_h1Y

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Turning Down My Radio on March 07, 2015, 12:42:03 PM
MV take a listen to this. The call starts at about 3 mins in. I'd love to hear your opinion on this. http://youtu.be/dFYkFUC_h1Y

as i was listening to this, i was hearing "take the last train to doucheville" playing in my mind (to the tune of the monkees song).

I am sure Jimmy church will meet you at the station

cweb

I was curious if that's what was being referred to. Didn't put it past myself that Church would do something like that again.

How excruciatingly cringeworthy. And not in a Jim Norton "haha" kind of way.

I'm sure he's put out calls for JC Webster and Mel Waters too.

bateman

I can't bring myself to hit play.

popple

I heard that call/skit when it first aired... made me sick then and makes me sick now.

the_peeve

I lost all respect for JC when he did that skit.

janmartinn

Quote from: b_dubb on January 13, 2015, 11:36:55 PM
Yesterday I had a bison burger for lunch and an enormous bowl of beef and noodles for dinner. I took an enormous Jimmy Church when I got home from work today.

Dude I drank 15 pints of lager and had proper Indian food ,,,passed out ,,,and found that i had sprayed jimmy church all over the bed.....even the dog wouldn't look at me.

It seems to me that JC was doing the annoying radio guy voice. O&A  always said the best thing they ever did was talk in their real voice.

morgana213

Quote from: cweb on March 07, 2015, 02:56:15 PM
I was curious if that's what was being referred to. Didn't put it past myself that Church would do something like that again.

How excruciatingly cringeworthy. And not in a Jim Norton "haha" kind of way.

I'm sure he's put out calls for JC Webster and Mel Waters too.
Early on in his shows he kept talking about how he wanted John Titor (the time traveler) to call in.  But Titor hasn't called, so instead he's done interviews with a lawyer who supposedly represents Titor and his family. This was also around the same time he was saying he was keeping the seat warm for Art.  Oh Brother!!!!  Really?!?  He's had a difficult time coming up with original material.