• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Jimmy Church

Started by mikealden, January 27, 2014, 09:37:07 PM

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: malliard on February 20, 2015, 02:39:13 PM
Never seen Keith trolling a host in a public fashion before...

o wait.. i have... carry on

heh heh

JC... he's the guy who used to phone Art and rain down the fires of damnation, isn't he?

How dare yew!

Vladimir

Quote from: MV on February 19, 2015, 10:21:03 PM
yes, or i'm totally wrong and should shut my face since... hey, why should anyone give a shit what i think, in all honesty?  it's just my opinion.
Well MV, I listened to Church when he first came on DMRN and he wasn't too bad - never great, but got worse as time went by. But, he did suggest in subtle and not-so-subtle ways that he and AB were tight and talked to him regularly. Church assumed the role of holding the fort down 'til AB came back. He needed to get called out and I'm glad AB did so. That's all.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Vladimir on February 20, 2015, 04:33:07 PM
Well MV, I listened to Church when he first came on DMRN and he wasn't too bad - never great, but got worse as time went by. But, he did suggest in subtle and not-so-subtle ways that he and AB were tight and talked to him regularly. Church assumed the role of holding the fort down 'til AB came back. He needed to get called out and I'm glad AB did so. That's all.

Hey, the guy is a douche and he probably said these things... I just don't think the public relations wing of ArtBell Inc. is very well suited for the job.

Dateline

I don't think what Keith posted about J.C. was all that bad.  He was setting the record straight.  I think the response that is appropriate depends on the actions and reactions of the other person.  J.C. is on the side that what benefits him at the moment.

FADE TO NEW BLACK:  I had a guest calling me about this J.C. guy.  He said that him and Norry are very tight.  They talk at least once a week.  He is Norry's heir apparent and is keeping the Coast seat warm so that when Norry retires he will not be setting on cold black leather. 

I have seen pics of him smoozing with certain people at the Conscious Life Expo. He even went to a personal appearance of Norry's and slithered up and made a joke on stage on how he and Norry looked alike or something like that to show a tie-in between them.  I am not making this up either. 

bateman

Quote from: Dateline on February 20, 2015, 05:39:51 PM
I have seen pics of him smoozing with certain people at the Conscious Life Expo. He even went to a personal appearance of Norry's and slithered up and made a joke on stage on how he and Norry looked alike or something like that to show a tie-in between them.  I am not making this up either. 

What a guy

Quote from: jimmy church on February 25, 2014, 12:57:57 PM
George Noory:  The best fall to sleep material on earth...better than Ambien.  No joke.  Honestly, I have NEVER gotten through a show.  When I first heard him on air after Art I was pretty angry and have never gotten over it...I thought that a show like C2C was able to search the country and come up with somebody that was great...there is a lot of talent out there...I was shocked when I first heard Noory...I remember thinking at the time: "this is it??? this is what we've got??? are you kidding me???"...but, Herbalife has their spokesman and Clear Channel is happy.  Ever wonder where Gaiam TV tapes their show???  I'll bet the farm it's in the Herbalife offices at Nokia Live in downtown Los Angeles.

coaster

FADE TO NEW BLACK:  I had a guest calling me about this J.C. guy.  He said that him and Norry are very tight.  They talk at least once a week.  He is Norry's heir apparent and is keeping the Coast seat warm so that when Norry retires he will not be setting on cold black leather. 

gross.

A quote from today's post in my Q-tip topic.

I believe it to be relevant.

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on February 20, 2015, 06:11:55 PM
Bought a pack today.

The cotton monkeys are on my back. Don't judge me.

random thought: Jimmy Church has been talking so much brotherly love about me that you'd think we're swabbing the same ear canal.

cweb

FADE TO NEW BLACK:  I had a guest calling me about this J.C. guy.  He said that him and Norry are very tight.  They talk at least once a week.  He is Norry's heir apparent and is keeping the Coast seat warm cold so that when Norry retires he will not be setting on cold black leather the show will still suck.
Fixed!  :D

popple

Quote from: Dateline on February 20, 2015, 05:39:51 PMHe said that him and Norry are very tight.  They talk at least once a week.  He is Norry's heir apparent and is keeping the Coast seat warm so that when Norry retires he will not be setting on cold black leather. 
Then what is Connie Willis doing anchoring all those shows while JC sits on his ass all night google earth'ing his underwater base? Connie is further ahead in the C2C game IMO. JC better demand that all the upcoming glowing penis orb shows are his.

bateman

Quote from: popple on February 20, 2015, 10:23:47 PM
Then what is Connie Willis doing anchoring all those shows while JC sits on his ass all night google earth'ing his underwater base? Connie is further ahead in the C2C game IMO. JC better demand that all the upcoming glowing penis orb shows are his.

And the esteemed Lee Cigar is on tomorrow night.

popple

Quote from: bateman on February 20, 2015, 10:27:16 PM
Time for Jimmy to GET CRACKIN! Aint no time fo nappin.

zeebo

Quote from: bateman on February 20, 2015, 10:27:16 PM

Hard to compete with another split-show "Wisdom & Healing" classic from Ms. Cigar ... a surefire double-barreled powerhouse of awesome.

WOTR

Quote from: wr250 on February 20, 2015, 06:41:31 AM
he's a disgrace to us neckbeards ?
Also, apparently, to those of us with Aspergers...

the_peeve

I never forgave Jimmy for the Area 51 caller.  To do that without input or sound bites without Art was sinful.

Then to play a new sketch with the Area 51 caller as if F2B was the new Art Bell, was puke worthy.

That was really low. I hear next Jimmy is going to have a seance to talk to the ghost of Malachi Martin.

I don't know how anyone else thought about that new Area 51 segment, but it made me very uncomfortable.

pate

Jimmy should be careful, I hear sharks patrol the waters he's swimmin' in nowadays.  Somewhere off Hawaii I believe...

morphine - sharks patrol these waters

wr250

i guess church has moved to the kgra.com side now. as i understand it, usually kgra restricts downloads of its broadcasts/podcasts to paying members only.  so perhaps church is going the way of john b wells.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: wr250 on March 04, 2015, 08:44:59 AM
i guess church has moved to the kgra.com side now. as i understand it, usually kgra restricts downloads of its broadcasts/podcasts to paying members only.  so perhaps church is going the way of john b wells.

Ewwwww.

bateman

Quote from: MV on March 04, 2015, 09:35:11 AM
Ewwwww.

Didn't you say they had like 40 listeners on their stream? So what do they have, 6 paying subscribers?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: bateman on March 04, 2015, 01:05:51 PM
So what do they have, 6 paying subscribers?

i'd say even 6 is optimistic.  even our shitty gabcast has more live listeners than this entire kgra operation.

edit:  so does this mean jimmy isn't with iheartradio any longer?

bateman

Quote from: MV on March 04, 2015, 01:16:03 PM
i'd say even 6 is optimistic.  even our shitty gabcast has more live listeners than this entire kgra operation.

edit:  so does this mean jimmy isn't with iheartradio any longer?

To my knowledge, he never was. I would bet a Vanilla Coke that was a promise made by Dave to entice him over to Coast. Now that he's no longer associated with DMRN, he's outlived his purpose as a tool to stick in Art's eye.

Buh bye, Jimmy.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: bateman on March 04, 2015, 01:23:31 PM
To my knowledge, he never was. I would bet a Vanilla Coke that was a promise made by Dave to entice him over to Coast. Now that he's no longer associated with DMRN, he's outlived his purpose as a tool to stick in Art's eye.

Buh bye, Jimmy.

the_peeve

Quote from: wr250 on March 04, 2015, 08:44:59 AM

If that is the case, he will be surprised how few people are going to supply his bread and butter.

Sadly, it also means he will be desperate and will offer more radio drama segments like Area 51 Caller, Martian silicone, Malibu, and whatever else he can pull out of the hat, which when you look at it, is true rabbit droppings.

This morning I went through every page of this thread, and I am in total agreement with the majority of posters here. JC jumped the shark, and never really showed his true colours in the beginning.

cweb

Quote from: the_peeve on March 04, 2015, 02:29:43 PM
If that is the case, he will be surprised how few people are going to supply his bread and butter.

Sadly, it also means he will be desperate and will offer more radio drama segments like Area 51 Caller, Martian silicone, Malibu, and whatever else he can pull out of the hat, which when you look at it, is true rabbit droppings.

This morning I went through every page of this thread, and I am in total agreement with the majority of posters here. JC jumped the shark, and never really showed his true colours in the beginning.
If he's looking for filler, I got a few good segment ideas.

"What's Jimmy crackin'?"
"Russian Egg Roulette"
"This Week In Google Maps Rendering Errors"

popple

Quote from: the_peeve on March 03, 2015, 07:46:10 PM
I hear next Jimmy is going to have a seance to talk to the ghost of Malachi Martin.
Please be kidding.
Also, MV I found the poop smiley hidden on BellGab
I prefer the asethetics of the Angel & Devil 0:) >:D

the_peeve

Quote from: popple on March 04, 2015, 04:03:37 PM
Please be kidding.
Also, MV I found the poop smiley hidden on BellGab
I prefer the asethetics of the Angel & Devil 0:) >:D

I wouldn't put anything past him, at this point. He has already rehashed a few of Art's old standards. If he gets desperate, he will try something. I just used Malachi as an example.
Who's up for a segment of Mel's Weird Ceiling Fan?

"Well Jimmy I just put a rope around it, and it kept spinning and spinning! I kept giving it more and more rope and it kept taking it!"