• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Jimmy Church

Started by mikealden, January 27, 2014, 09:37:07 PM

Dateline

No, matter.  I call it two-faced.

NowhereInTime

Not really a fan or hater of Chooch, but his website is impressive and he does show Art and Keith respect.

http://www.jimmychurchradio.com/

laserjock

Well, ever since I completely stopped listening to Noory (canceled account there and I've had enough of the crap), I haven't been here as much, feel a little bad leaving all of you to your own devices to try and survive without me (yeah right).  Man, I'm glad Church is gone, gonna have to start listening to DMRN again now.  Church is just another Noory, for all the criticism of Noory that he yapped about, he's from the same mold:  Doesn't challenge guests, doesn't probe, doesn't demand guest justify or prove their assertions, is arrogant towards the audience (remember how he treated those that complained about his obnoxious bumper music?)  I have no radio experience, but I could do better than him were I to do radio.  I suspect he's gonna appear more on C2CAM, and that is fine with me because 1.  I'm through with them.  2. he's just another noorge, it's where he belongs.  3.  He can have his Alex Jones bullcrap, and the turd brains that eat up that diarrhea.

Good riddance, Jimmy, don't let the door hit chya in the arse!

Delphi

Im listening live for the first time to him on his new Spreaker platform.. had only heard him on dark matter radio network.

astroguy

I troll Mike Bara's Facebook page looking for crazy, just saw this, posted yesterday:

QuoteJust a note: I'm doing @coasttocoastam this Saturday with weekend host @JChurchRadio. We'll RAWK the Coast!

SnapT

zeebo

Does Church still suck or is he ok again?  I can't keep up.

Quote from: zeebo on January 29, 2015, 01:26:07 AM

sucks, has always sucked and will always suck.

Quote from: astroguy on January 28, 2015, 10:09:31 PM
I troll Mike Bara's Facebook page looking for crazy, just saw this, posted yesterday:

That clown. Bara is an author of unintentional fiction, and a general laughing-stock among those who actually understand physics, astronomy, and the history of spaceflight. Bara makes Hoagland look like a genius.

Morgus

Quote from: zeebo on January 29, 2015, 01:26:07 AM
Now he sucks-up to Noory as a new PremRat employee...  :o

astroguy

Quote from: nooryisawesome on January 29, 2015, 01:29:40 AM
That clown. Bara is an author of unintentional fiction, and a general laughing-stock among those who actually understand physics, astronomy, and the history of spaceflight. Bara makes Hoagland look like a genius.
Yes, I've talked about him many times on my blog, though rarely on my podcast.  Actually, I'll probably be talking about him on the one I need to record for Sunday when I talk about black hole denial.

dan7800

Jimmy's website looks like it was created for Geocities. It is awful.

wr250

Quote from: dan7800 on January 29, 2015, 07:49:45 AM
Jimmy's website looks like it was created for Geocities. It is awful.

sounds like a "first world problems" type of post.

cweb

Quote from: SnapT on January 29, 2015, 12:57:13 AM
Ha, that was fast.
Yep! And most likely planned well in advance!

Quote from: astroguy on January 29, 2015, 01:32:00 AM
when I talk about black hole denial.
That exists? I should know better because people unbelieve in a lot of things, but really?

I look forward to your critique of the latest Bara rambling. He's always struck me as a "my science is more science than yours because-- REASONS" kind of guy.

Dateline

Church "does not get it." ???

Dateline

Maybe, just maybe, it was not Jimmy Church that is the success, but Dark Matter Networks that gave him the appearance of success. 

I have looked at the line up hole left, and it does not appear that the Network had too much trouble filling the empty spot.  What I am implying is that it was not Church that generated the listening audience, it was the concept of Dark Matter Networks that provided the audience.  The audience may not necessarily follow a pod caster from a net work to another network.  Time will tell, I suppose.

astroguy

Quote from: cweb on January 29, 2015, 08:39:45 AM
Yep! And most likely planned well in advance!
That exists? I should know better because people unbelieve in a lot of things, but really?

I look forward to your critique of the latest Bara rambling. He's always struck me as a "my science is more science than yours because-- REASONS" kind of guy.

Yes, people really think black holes don't exist.  Even genuine scientists who usually know what they are talking about, unlike Mike, who is so deluded that he thinks he could debate Neil Tyson and come out looking smart and Tyson dumb.

Roswells, Art

Quote from: astroguy on January 29, 2015, 10:45:23 AM

Yes, people really think black holes don't exist.  Even genuine scientists who usually know what they are talking about, unlike Mike, who is so deluded that he thinks he could debate Neil Tyson and come out looking smart and Tyson dumb.

If it makes you feel any better I had never heard of Bara until I read your blog.  I followed a link to Bara's website and could only read a few paragraphs before I had to leave it to stop my skin from crawling.

astroguy

Quote from: Roswells, Art on January 29, 2015, 12:08:25 PM
If it makes you feel any better I had never heard of Bara until I read your blog.  I followed a link to Bara's website and could only read a few paragraphs before I had to leave it to stop my skin from crawling.
Your second sentence makes me feel better.  ;D

Quote from: Roswells, Art on January 29, 2015, 12:08:25 PM

You definitely want to limit your contact with his sites so you don't run the risk of never feeling clean again. That stuff's almost impossible to scrub off once it gets on you.   

Delphi

Did anyone listen last night?  And has anyone had much experience with the Spreaker format?

popple

Quote from: SnapT on January 29, 2015, 12:57:13 AM
Ha, that was fast.

Probably not fast enough for old Jim.
Quote from: dan7800 on January 29, 2015, 07:49:45 AMJimmy's website looks like it was created for Geocities. It is awful.

I was actually surprised how much it improved! Doesn't mean it stopped blowing.

Anyone else remember how Jimbo was trying to calm everyone by saying on his show that he wasn't leaving? DMRN was his home!  :'(  lol He said the people on the message boards didn't know what they were talking about. "The show is on dark matter and it's going to stay on dark matter"

laserjock

He's a Jorch junior, replete with BS line, like the girl who told you "it's not you, it's ME".  Mm hmm, yeah, erm...

Jimmie, you might be building your future, but you are doing it on other people's backs and without your own merit, just like Jorch, who YOU CRITICIZED.  Even if you get bigger, when you look in the mirror, you will still see the same...

Soylentblue

Jimmy will only get bigger in his mind. How many times did he try to make like he had hundreds or even tens of callers trying to get in on the show? It was pathetic and always funny that those whose call got dropped were able to get in almost immediately. Huh? If the lines were always so packed wouldn't it be almost impossible to call in but still the loser regulars who called only to say hi and not contribute a thing were always able to.

DMR gave him the exposure to a wider audience and he failed miserably in proving himself a worthy host. The show became more about him glorifying himself and making like he had legions of callers and listeners. I'd be curious to see what the number of streams was over this past summer compared to the last four weeks because it became painful to get through a show.

Bye bye Jimmy you were always great in your mind or so you kept telling us.

Quote from: Soylentblue on January 29, 2015, 07:21:18 PM
Jimmy will only get bigger in his mind. How many times did he try to make like he had hundreds or even tens of callers trying to get in on the show? It was pathetic and always funny that those whose call got dropped were able to get in almost immediately. Huh? If the lines were always so packed wouldn't it be almost impossible to call in but still the loser regulars who called only to say hi and not contribute a thing were always able to.

DMR gave him the exposure to a wider audience and he failed miserably in proving himself a worthy host. The show became more about him glorifying himself and making like he had legions of callers and listeners. I'd be curious to see what the number of streams was over this past summer compared to the last four weeks because it became painful to get through a show.

Bye bye Jimmy you were always great in your mind or so you kept telling us.

I called in once, mid interview before he even opened the lines just to see what would happen. He told the guest to hold on and take my call. I then got to ask a better question that anything church was asking.

Quote from: Dateline on January 29, 2015, 10:37:05 AM

I have looked at the line up hole left, and it does not appear that the Network had too much trouble filling the empty spot.
Now with extra time sluts for The Secret Teachings to drone on and on, in.

Soylentblue

The Secret Teachings could be in a less prominent spot. Gable has the gift of being able to talk about nothing for two hours. Every Saturday night when I go to bed and turn on the internet radio Gable has the ability to either put me to sleep very quickly or annoy me enough to listen to yet another Art Bell classic.

Why a show like Bill Birne's Future Theater isn't repeated more often or in a "prime" spot is beyond me. In my opinion this show sounds the most professional and polished of all the shows on Dark Matter.

wr250

Quote from: Soylentblue on January 29, 2015, 08:57:50 PM
The Secret Teachings could be in a less prominent spot. Gable has the gift of being able to talk about nothing for two hours. Every Saturday night when I go to bed and turn on the internet radio Gable has the ability to either put me to sleep very quickly or annoy me enough to listen to yet another Art Bell classic.

Why a show like Bill Birne's Future Theater isn't repeated more often or in a "prime" spot is beyond me. In my opinion this show sounds the most professional and polished of all the shows on Dark Matter.
i like dark city. the rest i can live without

sydtron

Forgive me. Ive been afk for a while. Where does it state JC will be hoasting Coast?