• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Jimmy Church

Started by mikealden, January 27, 2014, 09:37:07 PM

And if you want to stick a 1/4" drill bit rotating at 3450 RPM in to each ear to stop the noise of a quavering nonsensical rambling false storyteller prerecorded on cassette tape...
Quote from: DanTSX on November 27, 2014, 11:35:45 PM

If you have insomnia...

LW

Church should be boycotted, Snorrey is clearly poaching Dark Matter, Coast has continuously screwed Art at every turn. Anyone that wants to get ahead so badly that they no longer stand up for what is right needs loose listeners.

Art isn't perfect, none of us are, but what he did for this type of radio needs to be respected.

Church just said "we are all fighting the same fight so what does it matter what station your on." What a load of crap, Art can't bounce him because then Art would look small but we can boycott church. Maybe he will learn right from wrong.

Oh and boycott coast as well, even if you don't respect Art, respect the topic he is promoting, unlike Coast that has become a self promoting whore.

laserjock

I haven't listened to Church since, well, his show that angered me (the denying Sandy Hook show) and just listened to the first hour of him on Coast's weekend fill in.  He didn't disappoint, said some truly stupid shit. "It's all about YOU!" was one of his annoying things.  And he changed his schtick for coast, which proves he's a sell out.  He's no better than Noory, they are both opportunistic filth.  I haven't listened to either show for, what, weeks now, lost track of time.  It's a shame, but the fruitloops on PRN that I am listening to are better than listening to either of them. (I'm liberal, but some of the PRN folks are, well, extreme).

Really, I don't want to hurt this website, because this website is a great idea, but I no longer have time for either idiot, it's kind of liberating.

zeebo

Quote from: DanTSX on November 27, 2014, 11:35:45 PM

If you have insomnia...

I find her voice strangely comforting, even as it drones on about missing bovine anatomical parts.

LW

Quote from: zeebo on November 28, 2014, 08:45:46 PM
I find her voice strangely comforting, even as it drones on about missing bovine anatomical parts.

I haven't listened to Coast in a long time, Snorrey just pi**es me off, with his stupid questions and not taking opportunities to dig deeper into some interesting things that the guest says.

I didn't agree with everything Church said but thought he got the best out of the guests he had. But if he has no integrity he will just whore himself out to the biggest sponsors.

I don't see how anyone can even listen to coast anymore, there is never anything new, just the same old rehashed crap. Art was always breaking new ground and finding people that no one else could. If Art comes back it will take him some time to get back in the stride but hopefully some good radio will come of it.

laserjock

There is a tremmor in her voice.  It's very subtle, but I like her and her shows, she comes off as very sincere and on a real mission, unlike the usual hucksters.

DanTSX

Quote from: laserjock on November 28, 2014, 09:10:03 PM
There is a tremmor in her voice.  It's very subtle, but I like her and her shows, she comes off as very sincere and on a real mission, unlike the usual hucksters.

You get in front of 4 Million people and discuss rectal cores and see how your voice wavers.... ;D

Personally, I'd have a hard time not laughing.  I would get all Beavis and Butthead over it.

laserjock

No I suspect she's got some sort of malady, but yes indeed, talk to millions and sure you'll tremble some...

b_dubb

Quote from: laserjock on November 28, 2014, 09:10:03 PM
She's older than Art. I think that qualifies as a malady.

albrecht

When was LMH on with Jimmy Church? I went to his website and it locked up my browser (latest Firefox) so cut out. And YouTube only has show from a while ago. Maybe a new show that he hasn't posted on YouTube? Or are we talking about a repeat? I like LMH, Church not so much (too much bad metal hairband intros) but the website is awful. Slow, slow, slow. And I doubt it is due to traffic. And are the podcast something you need to pay for? If so maybe that explains no new LMH on youtube?

Morgus

Quote from: albrecht on November 29, 2014, 08:32:09 PM
When was LMH on with Jimmy Church?
Linda was on Wed night it was a new live show.
The youtube uploads are way delayed since the pay podcasts started.

basswood

Quote from: Morgus on November 30, 2014, 12:27:50 AM
Linda was on Wed night it was a new live show.
The youtube uploads are way delayed since the pay podcasts started.

People are seriously paying to listen to him? These are just recordings of the shows he already does or is this some kind "insiders club" thing?

Morgus

Quote from: basswood on November 30, 2014, 01:46:21 AM
People are seriously paying to listen to him? These are just recordings of the shows he already does or is this some kind "insiders club" thing?
Pay for playing recorded past shows using a podcast app with a subscription.
Free to listen live on the dark matter stream.

basswood

Quote from: Morgus on November 30, 2014, 02:23:21 AM
Pay for playing recorded past shows using a podcast app with a subscription.
Free to listen live on the dark matter stream.

:o

Bart Ell

Quote from: basswood on November 30, 2014, 01:46:21 AM
People are seriously paying to listen to him?

Anyone who would pay for his shit deserves to be charged.

Juan

LMH was great with Jimmy.  She really sounded pissed that someone was hacking her computer.
It was funny - she asked one of her questions that are rhetorical with sNoory since he is not listening.  Jimmy jumped in and tried to answer. LHM stumbled over her next sentence - sounding shocked that someone would try to answer her.

Roswells, Art

Quote from: Bart Ell on November 30, 2014, 07:14:58 AM
Anyone who would pay for his shit deserves to be charged.

but I thought he was doing it for us?!

Quote from: Juan on November 30, 2014, 08:57:38 AM
LMH was great with Jimmy.  She really sounded pissed that someone was hacking her computer.
It was funny - she asked one of her questions that are rhetorical with sNoory since he is not listening.  Jimmy jumped in and tried to answer. LHM stumbled over her next sentence - sounding shocked that someone would try to answer her.

Ah, the good times with George has made her soft.

popple

Why would anyone pay to listen to Jimmy Church? He's repeated on DMRN all day and night. It's near impossible to miss him.

Morgus

Quote from: popple on November 30, 2014, 04:25:35 PM
Why would anyone pay to listen to Jimmy Church? He's repeated on DMRN all day and night. It's near impossible to miss him.
He charges if you missed the show on the streaming day, like a day or two afterwards.
He will eventually upload the shows to youtube, but can takes weeks or more to get around to that but for the pay podcast he  gets it up the next day...

wr250

Quote from: Morgus on November 30, 2014, 06:05:27 PM
He charges if you missed the show on the streaming day, like a day or two afterwards.
He will eventually upload the shows to youtube, but can takes weeks or more to get around to that but for the pay podcast he  gets it up the next day...

ive just been recording them off the DMRN stream. free and i have it when the live show ends.

But he said if I pay I was speshull! And he was my frend :'(

Bart Ell

Why would anyone pay to listen to Jimmy Church?

It's cheaper than the girl they usually pay to come over and shit on them.

Quote from: Bart Ell on December 01, 2014, 05:29:17 PM
It's cheaper than the girl they usually pay to come over and shit on them.
Scatman Crothers would be proud...

pate

Quote from: Sumthins Goin On on December 02, 2014, 05:44:44 AM
Scatman Crothers would be proud...

That guy's name is Scatman Crothers?  He's a pretty good "Magic Negro" in that The Shining movie...

The Shining // Sweet Caroline

Back on topic, Church seemed to be a bit of a douche that one time I heard him...

eddie dean

Quote from: pate on December 03, 2014, 01:43:11 AM
That guy's name is Scatman Crothers?  He's a pretty good "Magic Negro" in that The Shining movie...

The Shining // Sweet Caroline

Back on topic, Church seemed to be a bit of a douche that one time I heard him...

Best Scatman Crothers scene in the Shining! ;)
[attachimg=1]

Quote from: LW on November 28, 2014, 10:47:42 AM
Church should be boycotted,

How can people boycott something they are not listening to? I think someone said he had 300 and something listeners the other night at his peak.

Quote from: nooryisawesome on December 04, 2014, 06:27:14 AM
I think someone said he had 300 and something listeners the other night at his peak.
Recently at the Jimmy Stench local nerdlet meeting:
"Alright, all my Fadernaught's, I need everyone to go to every computer that they have, call your friends and family too and I need you to listen to the Darkmatter stream when I'm on. We need to get those numbers up. Even if you open several pages and listen, that works too."

wr250

Quote from: Sumthins Goin On on December 04, 2014, 08:47:49 AM
Recently at the Jimmy Stench local nerdlet meeting:
"Alright, all my Fadernaught's, I need everyone to go to every computer that they have, call your friends and family too and I need you to listen to the Darkmatter stream when I'm on. We need to get those numbers up. Even if you open several pages and listen, that works too."

you can get the stats here: http://live.darkmatterradio.net:8303/ this probbably doesnt reflect tunin lisseners

Bart Ell

Quote from: wr250 on December 04, 2014, 09:00:19 AM

you can get the stats here: http://live.darkmatterradio.net:8303/ this probbably doesnt reflect tunin lisseners

It does.
TuneIn is just an aggregator for links to streams.
The audience is not listening.