• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Jimmy Church

Started by mikealden, January 27, 2014, 09:37:07 PM

Quote from: popple on October 18, 2014, 03:15:53 AM
I propose a renaming of this thread.  Jimmy Church Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium  ;D

Ehh he sucks but not on the same level as noory. There are even a few people who like Church.

astroguy

So, it's been about 25 pages since I've been on this thread ... why do you now hate him?  Folks around page 10 were telling me he's the next Art Bell.

Juan

malliard

heard him mention something about going to the dark side?

wr250

Quote from: malliard on October 20, 2014, 01:40:45 PM
heard him mention something about going to the dark side?
well the name of his show is fade to black
and yes he appeared on the noory to noory am show.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: astroguy on October 20, 2014, 09:51:10 AM
So, it's been about 25 pages since I've been on this thread ... why do you now hate him?  Folks around page 10 were telling me he's the next Art Bell.

I was one of those guys singing Jimmy's praises early on.  I don't hate him, but I don't listen anymore as I think Jimmy has taken the show from paranormal to conspiracy programming.  With that turn, the caliber of guests has plummeted.  When he stuck with credible guests, I think he did give Art a run for his money.  Now his shows tend more toward John B Wells.  No thanks, I listen to Richard Dolan or Ben Hurle on KGRA.

cweb

I still listen to the podcasts from time to time because, hey, I needs my fix.

I do think the quality of guests has declined. I like how he doesn't interrupt guests as much, but sometimes they end up going on some crazy tangent. I also tend to skip the first segment, because his news and views stuff doesn't do it much for me. It gets a little heavy on the self-promoting machismo.

The recent shows I've liked are Peter Levenda and Don Schmitt. Nothing groundbreaking, but good discussions. I also liked parts of the Dietrich show due to it turning into a trainwreck. Felt bad for Jimmy but he needed to dump that guy a half hour into the discussion-- aka after one question.

On his Coast appearance- it certainly felt like he was touching the "dark side." Would he be a better host than Noory? Absolutely. Did he sell out? By some peoples' terms. He certainly has no shame with promotion- but to make it sometimes that's what is needed. He had his reasons. It wasn't something I enjoyed.

Just his Gilbert Gottfried voice doing the National Tax Service is enough to hate him....

Quote from: Sumthins Goin On on October 21, 2014, 12:16:27 AM
Just his Gilbert Gottfried voice doing the National Tax Service is enough to hate him....

I would argue the fake corporate shock jock laugh and over the top faked enthusiasm is worse.

Awwwwww yeahhhhhh.

Why woul anyone listen to noory and church when Schrader is out there?

Looks like Jimmy is promoting skyfire summit another conference. Word is he is getting a prime spot right next to the shit house.

A brilliant strategy when I used to sell at big flea markets, you catch'em coming out. Hardly a strategy for a "real" A#1 broadcaster, that is unless you're really not!

I will give jimmy credit for doing open lines. Fucking noory is afraid of them because he's have to pay attention.

wr250

lissening to the repeat : eeieeyeoh rambles on you know?

Juan

So (ha) John Titor calls Jimmy Church from Japan and nobody here cares?

Mr. Hanky

I don't have to work today and was drinking a few beers throughout the night, so I just spent many of the last several hours listening to this guy Jimmy Church, who I never heard before on youtube and he was excellent! The 2 interviews that I listened to were Stanton Friedman and John B. Well. Both were great. Church was great. Any other great interview suggestions to listen to on youtube?

Mr. Hanky

I am on my 5th podcast with Jimmy Church. This guy is great! This is a guy that has a pulse on the paranormal and actually has a personality and a sense of duty, unlike Art Bell. Jimmy Church destroys him! He is better than the "master".

Mr. Hanky

This site should be changed to Churchgab.com. Jimmy Church is the real deal. F Art Bell.

wr250

Quote from: Mr. Hanky on November 03, 2014, 08:05:42 PM
This site should be changed to Churchgab.com. Jimmy Church is the real deal. F Art Bell.

art was it from 1988-~mid 1998. then he started serial retiring for assorted reasons. church is on 7 pm PST mon-thurs live on  darkmatterradio.net .

Mr. Hanky

Jimmy Church is great? Correct?

bateman

Quote from: Mr. Hanky on November 03, 2014, 08:30:34 PM
Don't slander Jimmy Church.

He posted it himself a few minutes ago. Make of it what you will.  ;)

wr250

Quote from: Mr. Hanky on November 03, 2014, 08:30:34 PM
Don't slander Jimmy Church.

as i recall, art once said "george gets it" ...

popple

YEEEEEEEEEEESH! How many times over the limit is old Dave? No doubt JC performed a blow test on him. 

wr250

Quote from: popple on November 03, 2014, 08:54:26 PM
YEEEEEEEEEEESH! How many times over the limit is old Dave? No doubt JC performed a blow test on him.
jimmy church or jc webster the 3rd ?

wr250

popple

Quote from: wr250 on November 03, 2014, 08:56:16 PM
jimmy church or jc webster the 3rd ?

The JC we knew is dead! R.I.P @->---

Of course I mean the enigmatic host of fade to blech and new sunday host of blech to blech am.

aldousburbank

Quote from: bateman on November 03, 2014, 08:25:12 PM

Crap man. Where the fuck did the dude on the right get that butt ugly realistic Frankenstein costume?