• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Jimmy Church

Started by mikealden, January 27, 2014, 09:37:07 PM

Soylentblue

I caught Fade To Black on Thursday from the very beginning of the show and could not believe my ears.

This show has become a parody of successful talk shows. Firstly it was "Fadernaut" night. LOL Fadernauts? Does everyone get a decoder ring and get invited to Jimmy's to listen to records and look at his dad's magazine stash under his bed?

It seems that in an effort to prove that the show has actual callers and people listening hosts are cut short so that Leon or some such goofball from the southern US can say hi bud, I enjoyed getting together and by the way you were one of our first callers. Then small insider jokes are traded while the guest listens in. Sigh....

Every guest is free to spout their bs and not once be called on it. Richard Hoagland? This guy is on the ball. Hoagland sees conspiracies and is on a first name basis with Carl and David and everyone else. For Chrissakes Jimmy, I must be the only person on earth that stopped buying Hoagland's baloney. All of his theories have been disproven the biggest of which is the face on Mars. Oh yeah, NASA has "censored" all of those images so we never get to see what is really there.

Jimmy, I hear that you used to be the best of Dark Matter, I even wrote to Keith Rowland telling him that but in the past week I wrote to him saying that he is in the same boat as that whacko Richard Gable (sp?) on Saturday evenings that sees a connection to everything on earth. The letter B is in the word breath and breath is something that we all breathe, etc. etc. Even Keith Rowland acknowledged that he never listened to Gable. I imagine that he rolls his eyes having to listen to Church. Bell at his worst is a thousand times better than that amateur hack Jimmy Church.

Jimmy, get back to being a groupy or roadie or whatever it is that you used to be and keep telling us about, you definitely DON'T have a career in radio. I predict that when Art comes back next year Church will be where he belongs, filler on Dark Matter.

cweb

Quote from: wr250 on September 28, 2014, 12:42:07 PM
get it here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwuIlFRzoZf8NkdvYWI2THBmYXM/edit?usp=sharing
this is unedited recording direct off DMRN.
ho-ly crap. now that was a freakshow. the caller needed to be dropped. i know jimmy was trying to refocus the guest, but at that point he deserved a good booting.

I'll admit i totally zoned out while dietrich was talking most of the time. He really needed to get reigned in, and jimmy just couldn't do it.

wr250

Quote from: cweb on September 29, 2014, 06:57:38 PM
ho-ly crap. now that was a freakshow. the caller needed to be dropped. i know jimmy was trying to refocus the guest, but at that point he deserved a good booting.
I'll admit i totally zoned out while dietrich was talking most of the time. He really needed to get reigned in, and jimmy just couldn't do it.
[/quote]

my opinion:
jimmy should of muted both , maybe gone to break and gave them both a harsh talking to. if it continued 1 second after the break then both get dropped and goto open lines

QuoteI'll admit i totally zoned out while dietrich was talking most of the time. He really needed to get reigned in, and jimmy just couldn't do it.
the guest  was determined to be an ass. perhaps he should of been dropped and gone to open lines.

popple

Quote from: Soylentblue on September 29, 2014, 04:10:36 PM
Jimmy, I hear that you used to be the best of Dark Matter, I even wrote to Keith Rowland telling him that but in the past week I wrote to him saying that he is in the same boat as that whacko Richard Gable (sp?) on Saturday evenings that sees a connection to everything on earth. The letter B is in the word breath and breath is something that we all breathe, etc. etc. Even Keith Rowland acknowledged that he never listened to Gable. I imagine that he rolls his eyes having to listen to Church. Bell at his worst is a thousand times better than that amateur hack Jimmy Church.

I wrote to Keith before as well. I was really shocked by the way he responded. Even more shocked he exaggerated how many listeners F2B brings in & told me to find a better show for him to put on instead of sending in criticisms about the content.... F2B's numbers are really not anything significantly greater than any other show. Twitter doesn't go crazy and his phone lines don't really go nuts. Neither Keith nor the humble host are here for suggestions to keep people tuning back in. Disappointing.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: popple on September 29, 2014, 11:12:57 PM
I wrote to Keith before as well. I was really shocked by the way he responded. Even more shocked he exaggerated how many listeners F2B brings in & told me to find a better show for him to put on instead of sending in criticisms about the content.... F2B's numbers are really not anything significantly greater than any other show. Twitter doesn't go crazy and his phone lines don't really go nuts. Neither Keith nor the humble host are here for suggestions to keep people tuning back in. Disappointing.

stay classy, keith.

cweb

Quote from: wr250 on September 29, 2014, 07:19:48 PM
my opinion:
jimmy should of muted both , maybe gone to break and gave them both a harsh talking to. if it continued 1 second after the break then both get dropped and goto open lines
the guest  was determined to be an ass. perhaps he should of been dropped and gone to open lines.
I wonder if Jimmy was being told by other forces to keep the guest or fill time. I would hope this is not the case.

I would also hope that this would be a good exercise in patience for Jimmy. He did well not flipping out at an annoying guest. Sometimes he interrupts people a little too much. But in this case I would've tried to interject several times and then dumped the guest when it was apparent I wasn't getting anywhere. It's not easy to fill 2+ hours, but I'd rather listen to Jimmy and callers than the segue-fest that was Dietrich.

Quote from: popple on September 29, 2014, 11:12:57 PM
Wow. What a dickish way to treat someone from the online community that gave you a leg up. At these early stages, he should try to be polite (if not nice) to people who might make up the listener base. If they have issues, respond to them intelligently. I would hope that Jimmy and Keith would like to have a listener base made up of smart, articulate people instead of brain slugs-- so why scare the good ones away like that?

wr250

Quote from: cweb on September 30, 2014, 07:01:41 AM
I wonder if Jimmy was being told by other forces to keep the guest or fill time. I would hope this is not the case.

I would also hope that this would be a good exercise in patience for Jimmy. He did well not flipping out at an annoying guest. Sometimes he interrupts people a little too much. But in this case I would've tried to interject several times and then dumped the guest when it was apparent I wasn't getting anywhere. It's not easy to fill 2+ hours, but I'd rather listen to Jimmy and callers than the segue-fest that was Dietrich.

i would as well. although what was broadcast was better than the snooron,  i think it would of been better to dump dietrich and goto open lines. (which would still be better than snooron and open lines/fanthorp/whoever), which is what art would of done.
as a side note, roughly 1/2 of arts c2c shows were open lines it seems.

hahahaha awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww yeaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh

popple

Jimmy Church told Jorch that his underwater base is pretty much the most significant thing in their field since area 51. When they get down there they're going to realize it's an ancient public washroom. Or an upside down pie plate. Either way they should do a show from down there. "MY UNDERWATER MALIBU STUDIO IS NEARLY FINISHED!"

So what exactly did you dead friend Jimmy "awwww yeaahhhhhh" church have to say about bellgab?

laserjock

Who was this nutcase Alex Jones type that was on Church's show?  I listened to part of it on replay and I'm very angered.  I have a sibling that was good friends with a teacher and had two students from the Sandy Hook school that died.  What happened was real and horrible.  My sibling is still affected by the event and we are furious that Jimmy would have such a guest and be so friendly to him.  This is very sickening.  Alex Jones and his accolytes should all burn in hell, the liars.  Babies died in Sandy Hook, how dare he?  And I was just starting to listen to Church instead of Noory.  He didn't challenge the guest and gave him full lattitude.  Sick.  I really wish I could punch some people in the face right now.  Live not far from Sandy Hook and know several people who were very close to those who died.  Fuck the conspiracy bullshitters, may they all go to hell where they belong.  Shame on you, Church.

EDIT:  I don't have as much of a problem with HAVING controversial guests on, but being agreeable to them spouting madness and brazen heartlessness to those who suffered real events by the host is unforgivable, and is the reason I hated John B Wells on C2C.  Noory might suck, and he also might be too agreeable, but had Art done this show he would have not only questioned and doubted that guest more, he would have grilled him hard.  Church seems to be too immature to realize that cutting this sort of rug hurts real humans.

Another complaint I have with Church is he had some crass comments towards people that expressed the wish for milder bumper music.  Geeze, Church, people listen while going to sleep.  Unlike you, Jimmy, I have to get up at 4:40 AM and go to work, I have a hard, physical job and it's really tough not getting sleep because there is no such thing as a sleep sensor to turn off the computer radio.  If you are gonna treat listeners with such arrogance, you won't make it, sir.  I love hard rock, that isn't the point, the point is, bumper music is for the listener, NOT YOU, sir.  I suppose you just want to say fuck you to us now and think your too much of a big shot now?  Just remember, there ARE people out there who might do a better job than you, people with bigger hearts and more class.

Scully

I started out liking Jimmy Church.  I'll admit I've only popped in on his show from time to time, but I've observed him growing more and more arrogant and obnoxious as time has passed.  I went to Search to find this thread (which I remembered existed) to see what the general consensus here is.  Wow!  So it's not just me.  He really has become a total jerk within the period of a year.

I should have known because of his really crappy bumper music.  I hated it from the very beginning -- it just shrieks out "Fuck You" to me.  :P

Quote from: Scully on October 02, 2014, 11:41:20 PM
I started out liking Jimmy Church.  I'll admit I've only popped in on his show from time to time, but I've observed him growing more and more arrogant and obnoxious as time has passed.  I went to Search to find this thread (which I remembered existed) to see what the general consensus here is.  Wow!  So it's not just me.  He really has become a total jerk within the period of a year.

I should have known because of his really crappy bumper music.  I hated it from the very beginning -- it just shrieks out "Fuck You" to me.  :P

Kissing George Noory's pizza roll ring will not help either. The bumper music he plays is HORRID, for his show. He should realize a lot listners like to listen before they sleep. You can't do that if every 15 minutes there is a blaring shitty loud guitar solo. Jimmy Church sucks, not as bad as Noory but really freaking close.

popple

The guitar solo he played after complaining about people wanting him to drop the useless irrelevant celebrity news was especially obnoxious. I guess Jimmy Church thinks he has "made it" and doesn't have to consider the concerns of people he feels are below him. They'll all just fade away and be replaced by fadernauts, right? What ever level of success you're at or think you've achieved you should always consider what people are saying. Especially when more and more people are sharing the same sentiment.

Quote from: popple on October 03, 2014, 01:10:51 AM
The guitar solo he played after complaining about people wanting him to drop the useless irrelevant celebrity news was especially obnoxious. I guess Jimmy Church thinks he has "made it" and doesn't have to consider the concerns of people he feels are below him. They'll all just fade away and be replaced by fadernauts, right? What ever level of success you're at or think you've achieved you should always consider what people are saying. Especially when more and more people are sharing the same sentiment.

yes 20 listeners is making it.

laserjock

But guys, no objection to him having a Alex Jones guest that asserts that the deaths in Sandy Hook are a lie?  And he tacitly agrees with the guest and doesn't challenge it at all?  Imagine you are a husband or other child of a family harmed there.  Imagine those of us with family and friends (Like me) who've been affected directly by the truth that those people died and were murdered.  My sibling knew them.  I had to console her for weeks and she almost quit her job because of what happened.  Fuck you, Jim Church, right back at ya, fuck you!  Want more Alex Jones hate bullshit?  Ok, join John B Wells, Art Bell doesn't need ya.  I might have been a fadernaught, but now I'm a fadernot.  You insulted an entire community in that show.  You owe us here in CT an apology.  And put a check on your arrogance now before it is too late, kid.

popple

Well, one doesn't just get to set up their broadcast booth so close to the men's washroom if they don't have a strong base of 20 listeners.

The SH stuff made me uncomfortable and I turned it off  >:(

I bet if you called in and said how you were personally affected they would say you were sent in by the government. That you were an actor.

laserjock

The conspiracy is Jim Church's deliberate misinformation, and insult to the survivors.  He might beware, if one of them hears of this.  Someone might punch his lights out.  Not me, I'm too gentle a guy, but he just might earn himself a black eye.  I now put him as just as much a punk as George Snoory.  I'm a fader-not.  He's just a media whore.  Ah well, some of us have real jobs and contribute real stuff to society, instead of undermining it for self agrandization.  Arrogant twit that he is.

Scully

I'm another one who sees red when one of the conspiracy whackos claims that Sandy Hook didn't happen.  Unforgivable.  >:(

b_dubb

Quote from: Scully on October 03, 2014, 03:48:30 AM
I'm another one who sees red when one of the conspiracy whackos claims that Sandy Hook didn't happen.  Unforgivable.  >:(
I'm right there with you. You have to be a full blown schizophrenic to believe crazy shit like that.

cweb

Maybe he thought having a Sandy Hook conspiracy theorist would make his show more "edgy." Well, giving a bozo with some loose screws a platform to spout his insulting fiction without challenging him isn't what I'd call edgy. In fact, I'd call it bobblehead radio.

Bobblehead radio- allowing the guest to ramble on, whilst interjecting the occasional "uh huh," "awww yeaaah," or "unbleefable!"

If Jimmy wants to be like Art Bell, he needs to not be afraid to tell a guest to take a hike and then go to open lines. And if you can't fill the time, don't book a controversial guest. Simple as that.

I've been trying to give him the benefit of the doubt because he's still growing as a host. But it seems like he's in denial of this fact. He thinks his village is an empire and it's wearing thin. Take a deep breath, dude. Relax and present to us like you used to: as an equal. We know you enjoy having the fans. Be a little more humble about it. I would totally pay to listen to the Jimmy Church we heard those first few months. I'm sure others would too.

laserjock

The guy that other night that was talking a mile a minute should have taken a hike.

b_dubb

Quote from: cweb on October 03, 2014, 08:12:40 AM
Doug Dietrich? The guy who was fighting with the caller?

A gem.
Col Aquino Demonic Forces Satanism & Chemtrails - Douglas Dietrich Anthony J Hilder Conspiracy Con
Dougy D is a straight up whack job.  And if that is Jimmy Church in the video he's a horrible hack.  Horrible.

cweb

Quote from: b_dubb on October 03, 2014, 09:48:03 AM
Dougy D is a straight up whack job.  And if that is Jimmy Church in the video he's a horrible hack.  Horrible.
Naw, that's not Jimmy. It's a totally different outfit. I just thought it was craptastic.

Quote from: Sumthin's Goin On [nooryisawesome] on October 02, 2014, 11:49:29 PM
Kissing George Noory's pizza roll ring will not help either. The bumper music he plays is HORRID, for his show. He should realize not a lot of listeners like to listen to that annoying shit before they sleep. You can't do that if every 15 minutes there is a blaring "The Loudspeaker Spoke Up And Said" shitty loud guitar solo. Jimmy Church Clyde Lewis sucks, not as bad as Church & Noory but really freaking close.

Stranger929

Quote from: nooryisawesome on September 30, 2014, 09:05:10 PM
hahahaha awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww yeaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh

Exaaaaactly!

I can't listen. I try every now and then but the constant interrupting, stumbling and tangents and the 'I'm going to explain my second question first then ask you my first question' drives me up the fucking wall. There are some good guests too but they don't make it bearable.

Art should poach his producers though.

laserjock

Well, Church has the makings of a good show, as do some other DMRN shows, but they all fail to "question" rather than tacitly agree with guests.  If a guest is so fragile as to be unable to be just a little challenged in the questioning, the guest does not deserve to be listened to by anyone.  I like paranormal radio because I've had paranormal experiences in my own life.  I saw a ghost when I was 8 years old that looked as real as an actual human but had glowing eyes.  I've seen UFOs 3 times (twice is AZ, once in CT).  There is plenty in our lives that isn't easily explained and being dismissive with those trying to find answers is certainly not a good approach, but neither is accepting what guests say without any real questioning.  Art Bell knows this and has always struck a terrific balance.  Church can do this, but he really needs his ego put in check, chill on that hard rock (I LOVE hard rock, but I don't sleep to it), and he needs to learn how to properly question his guests and not act like he's taking all their assertions as being gospel.  He needs to mature.  Mind you, I'm an old man with pretty good immaturity radar, and Church is a little immature.

I'm going to continue to listen to DMRN, I think it's an exciting idea and medium, and I yearn to have Art back, but sometimes the hosts on these shows come off more as accolytes than as what they are supposed to be: Radio Hosts.

Also, I think that it would be nice if Keith Roland would show, online, his schedule for the entire 24 hours so we can know when replays will air.  I've been away from work for a month due to injury, but I normally have to go to bed quite early because I awaken at 4:30 AM because my job is an early morning job and I operate dangerous equipment so I need good sleep.

Art should teach radio journalism on the side, he could really impart a lot of wisdom and make a legacy with the skills he has.

I'm really angry with you, Jimmy Church, but if you can learn from criticism and not respond to it with hostility and immaturity and start respecting your audience better, you might have the makings of a good show.