• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

NY Gov. Cuomo to Right-to-Lifers -- You are not welcome in NY State

Started by Up All Night, January 20, 2014, 09:57:25 AM

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on February 07, 2014, 02:04:38 PM
I have to say, you almost had me reeled in til I read that. I know Muslims. They're as far from communism and Marxism as you could possibly imagine.

Odinga named his kid, Fidel; after you-know-who. Who does that??!

Yes, he is a Marxist. He just formed a coalition with the Islamists out of pure political expediency.

Ben Shockley

Quote from: West of the Rockies on February 07, 2014, 01:25:17 PM
...what has caused this polarization in this country?  Personally, I am going to point my finger directly at argutainment, BIG AM Talk Radio, nattering nabobs of negativity all.  Divide and conquer.
DING DING DING - CORRECT ANSWER, WE HAVE A WINNER.

And since WestOf was just a little lacking in specificity there-- though he did allude to it-- let me clarify: BIG AM Talk Radio = Limbaugh and his clones on the Right.
Limbaugh came to national fame bashing on Bill Clinton, and then a bunch of lesser lights saw knee-jerk faux-populist angry "conservatism" as easy tickets to radio careers.  Many of them, and Limbaugh most of all, will shuck and jive as to how it's all (haw haw!) "entertainment" and not really meant to make anyone go out and shoot abortion doctors, etc.  But the average angry red-state rube doesn't get the distinction, and they believe every scrap of nonsense those radio shills spout.

To keep and grow those audiences, the rightie radio shills groom the listening rubes daily, telling them how they, the listeners, are Special; how only They and Their Lifestyles represent Real America; and hinting that They are on a God-given rendezvous with destiny.  In return for the ego-stroking, the poor slobs turn out every 2 and 4 years and vote according to how the radio shills instruct them; namely, against every one of their own best interests.  The result of that is the otherwise inexplicable political twilight zone we have in America.   The social result is the general rancor we see reflected right here in this forum.

Quote from: FightTheFuture on February 07, 2014, 02:15:12 PM
...before we had access to the sum total of all information in the universe...*
Translation: Until we were targeted by highly-paid, highly-interested shills on radio, TV, and the Internet, who twisted the news and information about social- and political issues...
Quote...we were blissfully ignorant.
...we Righties didn't know who to hate.
(Okay, maybe "hate" is an overly-intense translation.   Try: We Righties weren't sure who we were superior to, nor did we know who to blame for all our problems.)

*  "Access to the sum total of all information in the universe."  That's sort of a tired cliché ain't it, FTF?

Ben Shockley

Quote from: FightTheFuture on February 07, 2014, 01:23:11 PM
...Obviously, you haven`t the slightest notion what makes Obama tick. Whatever. I`m going to be very concise.
Obama`s parents were Marxist/communists... etc., etc.
Would you mind sharing where you get this Holy Biographical Writ, FTF?

Anyway, assuming all of it is true -- You know, we have more Constitutional Amendments than just your Sacred Second.  There is the First, which protects freedom of association.  So just as there is no religious test for public office under the Constitution, there also is no broad test of affiliations.  Being a member of the Communist Party -- and even less so, "knowing and hanging out with" some Commies-- is not currently a crime in the U.S.
Therefore, what's your beef?  Or, what would your beef be, if any of your breathless "accusations" are true?

Of course, there is the prohibition against advocating the armed overthrow of the U.S. government, but I would say that your precious TPers and "Patriots" come a lot closer to that (and by "closer," I mean doing it) than anything you'd be likely to prove against President Obama.

Excuse me: let me repeat those words-- PRESIDENT OBAMA.