Author Topic: Documentaries  (Read 14905 times)

Re: Documentaries - Antarctica
« Reply #150 on: January 13, 2018, 04:12:01 PM »
Just watched the official documentary on Operation Highjump. It was on TCM last night. "Starring" Admiral Byrd. Narrated by Robert Taylor, Robert Montgomery and Van Heflin. All active servicemen at the time. No UFO's or swastika but still, I thought, really fascinating. The TCM showing was really high quality. This one not so much. But good enough for government work
TigerLily Recommended 1 hour 10 minutes

Published on Dec 28, 2017
This documentary, filmed entirely by military photographers, recounts the U.S. Navy's 1946-47 expedition to Antarctica, known as Operation High Jump. The expedition was under the overall command of Admiral Richard E. Byrd, no stranger to the Antarctic. This was a large undertaking involving 13 ships and over 4000 thousand men. The fleet departed from Norfolk, Virginia traveling through the Panama Canal and then southward to their final destination. The trip through the ice pack was fraught with danger and forced the submarine that was part of the fleet to withdraw. The trip was a success meeting all of its scientific goals. The film is narrated by three Hollywood stars, all of whom served in the US Navy: Robert Taylor, Robert Montgomery and Van Heflin. This film documents the largest expedition ever undertaken to explore Antarctica. The expedition, code named "Operation High Jump," was made by the U.S. Navy and involved 13 ships (including one submarine), 23 aircraft, and about 4700 men. The film was shot by photographers from all branches of the U.S. military. One purpose of the expedition was to explore and photograph several thousand square miles of inland and coastal areas that had not been previously mapped. Additionally, military planners wanted to evaluate whether military troops could successfully perform against an adversary in such an environment.

Re: Documentaries
« Reply #151 on: February 19, 2018, 10:22:26 PM »

Re: Documentaries TWA 800
« Reply #152 on: January 17, 2019, 08:25:19 PM »

The comments on this video are interesting. I remember Art discussing this with people back in the 90s. Never believed the NTSB explanation.

« Reply #153 on: January 17, 2019, 08:35:04 PM »

« Reply #154 on: February 17, 2019, 06:00:58 AM »

« Reply #155 on: February 17, 2019, 11:10:56 AM »

The comments on this video are interesting. I remember Art discussing this with people back in the 90s. Never believed the NTSB explanation.
I had a neighbor who was a retired NYC cop on harbor duty. He unabashedly said that it was a SAM and that everyone of the first responders either knew it or saw it happen.  And these guys typically do not talk. That was in '00. :-X

« Reply #156 on: February 17, 2019, 11:31:31 AM »
I had a neighbor who was a retired NYC cop on harbor duty. He unabashedly said that it was a SAM and that everyone of the first responders either knew it or saw it happen.  And these guys typically do not talk. That was in '00. :-X

Faggot. ::)

« Reply #157 on: May 14, 2019, 07:48:42 PM »
Faggot. ::)

two thumbs up for dick!

check this out faggots,

this is the documentary that the warriors was based on.
best game ever. i should watch the movie

« Reply #158 on: May 14, 2019, 07:54:37 PM »
two thumbs up for dick!

check this out faggots,

this is the documentary that the warriors was based on.
best game ever. i should watch the movie
So far the documentary is good! Thanks But...

"The Warriors" was based on Anabasis you can know this because Cyrus is killed and the warriors need to find their way home in enemy territory. Sol Yurick and then Walter Hill took the famous Greek story and applied it to the crazy gangs at the time.  A great movie. And a movie where, depending on where you see, as different editing.  There also was concern at the time that the movie release would cause more gang violence.  I didn't know there was a game.