• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Black people shouldn't play & perform country music

Started by Sambo, December 25, 2013, 01:51:57 PM

Sambo

One person's freedom is another's anarchy. I live to serve Elizabeth II, Queen of Canada

aldousburbank

Bush league trolls shouldn't play with mom's computer. We all think it.

What utter nonsense.

Nobody, and I mean NOBODY, does it any better than my man, and fellow Gamecock, Darius Rucker!

Go Cocks!

coaster

Quote from: FightTheFuture on December 25, 2013, 04:26:51 PM
What utter nonsense.

Nobody, and I mean NOBODY, does it any better than my man, and fellow Gamecock, Darius Rucker!

Go Cocks!
I'm actually quite surprised at how popular Rucker is. Not because hes black, but because he made such a smooth transition to country. And hes got some pretty good tunes.

Cynnie

Quote from: aldousburbank on December 25, 2013, 02:47:37 PM
Bush league trolls shouldn't play with mom's computer. We all think it.

I was finkin dat!!

MV/Liberace!

i generally don't think anybody should play country music.

Sambo

Aww cmon, Waylon Jennings had a beautiful voice when he wasn't battered up from drug abuse

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Sambo on December 25, 2013, 09:53:45 PM
Aww cmon, Waylon Jennings had a beautiful voice when he wasn't battered up from drug abuse

some of those older guys i can tolerate, and even sometimes am capable of enjoying.  it's this i can't abide:

Why Country Music Was Awful in 2013

Sambo

I don't have to listen to it to know it's shit. It's a commercial expressing some particular type of identity insecurity. More than half the shit being produced these days is cookie cut commodifiable bullshit designed to make rigid market demographics so the market is more easy to predict and sell. No different than Hollywood or Big networks thinking we're all dumb and spending more money on brand research and marketing than on the product itself.

Clooney knows where it's at http://dish.andrewsullivan.com/2012/01/26/hollywoods-condescension/

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Sambo on December 25, 2013, 10:12:54 PM
I don't have to listen to it to know it's shit. It's a commercial expressing some particular type of identity insecurity. More than half the shit being produced these days is cookie cut commodifiable bullshit designed to make rigid market demographics so the market is more easy to predict and sell. No different than Hollywood or Big networks thinking we're all dumb and spending more money on brand research and marketing than on the product itself.

a nice appraisal of the situation.