• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

VIVE Le QUEBEC LIBRE

Started by DanTSX, December 16, 2013, 12:11:25 AM

DanTSX

Should Quebec not be Canada with a different language.

I'd like to see Canadians involved a nice, neat civil war.  Parted neatly on linguistic lines.

I think it would be pretty cool.  `Murr'cans could go up to the border and watch the Quebecois kick the ass of Loyalist royal subjects of HM Lizard Queen Elizabeth Regina.

It would be pretty cool and we would have a new neighbor with a unique culture and their own trade and economic ideas.

Do you think Quebec should tell Canada to fuck off?  I do.

Sambo

You're relatively new to trolling. Otherwise you're a significantly sheltered individual

DanTSX

Quote from: Sambo on December 16, 2013, 12:13:44 AM
You're relatively new to trolling. Otherwise you're a significantly sheltered individual

Wrong on both counts.

Now bow to the TRUE Canadians.

FRANCE CANADA BEST CANADA (NOW POPE APPROVED)

Yorkshire pud

Ha ha...I was on holiday in Cuba a few years ago and had the delight of meeting and sharing a few beers with Canadians from Vancouver..who unbidden by me drew the same conclusions as I had; That the French Canadians are possibly the most ignorant race on Earth. They absolutely had no association with them, and viewed the French Canadians as an embarrassment.

So perhaps it isn't so much that Quebec might want separation, but the rest of the country will cut them loose and set them adrift in the Atlantic. Who knows, they might come back ashore around Newark, or further south in Central or South America and find someone who actually likes them?

DanTSX

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 16, 2013, 04:51:35 AM
Ha ha...I was on holiday in Cuba a few years ago and had the delight of meeting and sharing a few beers with Canadians from Vancouver..who unbidden by me drew the same conclusions as I had; That the French Canadians are possibly the most ignorant race on Earth. They absolutely had no association with them, and viewed the French Canadians as an embarrassment.

So perhaps it isn't so much that Quebec might want separation, but the rest of the country will cut them loose and set them adrift in the Atlantic. Who knows, they might come back ashore around Newark, or further south in Central or South America and find someone who actually likes them?

I don't think they want anyone to partner with them.  That is kind of the point of independence.  Maybe they can ally with Scotland.   I think they are the UK's national embarrassment (after the royal family of course )

Cuba eh?   I bet you sat around with Vancouver and blamed all of Cuba's problems and poverty on Murr'ca having their thumb on Cuba since the 60's huh?  I mean it can't have anything to do with the failure of a centrally planned agricultural sector, or losing expeditionary wars in third world hellholes, or putting all of their eggs in being an obedient little client state of the USSR that they had no one to turn to after the soviet collapsed.  Even Bulgaria recovered better and they are all Slavs and gypsies.

Then again if it wasn't for US imperial Yankee Doodle embargoes on Cuba, strangling their Economy,
They would be a far more expensive place to visit, and wouldn't be overrun with pasty,
Doughy Canadians and Europeans on discount holiday  packages every year.

Of you came to the USA you could say all sorts of terrible things about our leaders.  Try that in Cuba.  Fidel is a racist asshole.  Reason enough for him to suffer.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: DanTSX on December 16, 2013, 08:31:00 AM
I don't think they want anyone to partner with them.  That is kind of the point of independence.  Maybe they can ally with Scotland.   I think they are the UK's national embarrassment (after the royal family of course )

Hush...you know not of what you speak.
Cuba eh?   I bet you sat around with Vancouver and blamed all of Cuba's problems and poverty on Murr'ca having their thumb on Cuba since the 60's huh?  <snip>

I'll take that bet. I don't mind taking your money.

Of you came to the USA you could say all sorts of terrible things about our leaders.  Try that in Cuba.  Fidel is a racist asshole.  Reason enough for him to suffer.

There you go again...trolling away...

DanTSX

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 16, 2013, 08:41:54 AM
Hush...you know not of what you speak.
I'll take that bet. I don't mind taking your money.

There you go again...trolling away...

Good luck with that

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: DanTSX on December 16, 2013, 08:42:57 AM

Good luck with that

Oh It isn't I who wants independence; but I'm interested in what Quebec's USP might be to sell whatever it is they make to the outside world. What do they make that the rest of Canada doesn't?

Sambo

Soldiers

lol

So much of Canada's military and govt jobs are in Quebec that to separate would probably be more a display of populist politics at work than sound rationale

DanTSX

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 16, 2013, 08:58:32 AM

Oh It isn't I who wants independence; but I'm interested in what Quebec's USP might be to sell whatever it is they make to the outside world. What do they make that the rest of Canada doesn't?

Trains
Airplanes
Skidoos
Poutiene
Boats
Electrical distribution systems
Telecom equipment
Canada's largest builder(3rd largest in the world)
Professional services
Financial services
Numerous natural resources. 
Hydroelectric power
Mined minerals, metals, and gemstones

DanTSX

Quote from: Sambo on December 16, 2013, 09:03:15 AM
Soldiers

lol

So much of Canada's military and govt jobs are in Quebec that to separate would probably be more a display of populist politics at work than sound rationale
Occupying force >:(

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: DanTSX on December 16, 2013, 09:05:58 AM
Trains
Airplanes
Skidoos
Poutiene
Boats
Electrical distribution systems
Telecom equipment
Canada's largest builder(3rd largest in the world)
Professional services
Financial services
Numerous natural resources. 
Hydroelectric power
Mined minerals, metals, and gemstones

And ALL of that is exclusive to Quebec? No other province in Canada has the same resources?

Sambo

2 of the top 3 are made in Ontario, fyi

DanTSX

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 16, 2013, 09:09:29 AM
And ALL of that is exclusive to Quebec? No other province in Canada has the same resources?

Is it exclusive to anyone?

Are you implying that Quebec has to have an exclusive industry to stand out in the world?  Somebody better tell the rest of the nations.

But, yeah, some of those industries are very much heavy in quebec's economy compared
To the lesser provinces.

DanTSX

Quebec also has a massive automotive industry

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: DanTSX on December 16, 2013, 09:14:48 AM

Is it exclusive to anyone?

Are you implying that Quebec has to have an exclusive industry to stand out in the world?  Somebody better tell the rest of the nations.

But, yeah, some of those industries are very much heavy in quebec's economy compared
To the lesser provinces.

I ask because it's what another trading country would ask. What possible benefit would (for example) the USA have in trading with Quebec as an independent country as it would with the rest of Canada? Presumably they'll have their own currency, aligned initially with the Canadian dollar? How will they finance their infrastructure unless they can guarantee a reasonably stable currency? How will they pay for their defence? Or will speaking French give them the Gallic appeal for the rest of the world to throw money at them?

The above questions you see are the ones being asked right now in the UK, as Scotland have a vote on independence next year. The ones in favour haven't all the answers, and they're very rapidly running out of time to reassure the electorate exactly how they will survive without the rest of the UK.

DanTSX

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 16, 2013, 09:18:57 AM

I ask because it's what another trading country would ask. What possible benefit would (for example) the USA have in trading with Quebec as an independent country as it would with the rest of Canada? Presumably they'll have their own currency, aligned initially with the Canadian dollar? How will they finance their infrastructure unless they can guarantee a reasonably stable currency? How will they pay for their defence? Or will speaking French give them the Gallic appeal for the rest of the world to throw money at them?

I don't think the USA, or anyone else
Would care.  They buy the product, not the border.

I would think that right now they would prefer to trade with a Quebec with a weaker currency.   Canada doesn't have the exchange rate to benefit us.   

No way would their currency be pegged to the Canadian dollar. 

Gallic appeal opens doors Monsieur :-*

Scotland can rely on the EU to prop it up like every other Euro state besides Germany and the UK

DanTSX

Sarah Palin loves free Quebec

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: DanTSX on December 16, 2013, 09:24:24 AM
Sarah Palin loves free Quebec

Sarah Palin couldn't find Quebec on a map without a big arrow pointing to it.

Sambo

Lol those glasses are so goddy

Palin's conservatism is a handbag accessory at best

DanTSX

Quote from: Sambo on December 16, 2013, 09:32:57 AM
Lol those glasses are so goddy

Palin's conservatism is a handbag accessory at best

Is that what level you have to go to to criticize her?

Those shades are hot.

FallenSeraph

oh . . . whoops. How'd I get in a Politics thread?  :o

LEAVE SARAH PALIN ALONE!

**runs away**

Sambo

Quote from: DanTSX on December 16, 2013, 10:10:22 AM
Is that what level you have to go to to criticize her?

Those shades are hot.

Yup. She's a soccer mom, not a constitutional practitioner. She has charisma and a staff to point her in various directions.  She draws in money. Are you proud?

DanTSX

Quote from: Sambo on December 16, 2013, 11:32:11 AM
Yup. She's a soccer mom, not a constitutional practitioner. She has charisma and a staff to point her in various directions.  She draws in money. Are you proud?

She is an experienced executive with numerous talents, and a partner in her family's successful business.

I am proud that she is an example of what a hard working, successful woman in the USA can be without having to stomp around like a male hating bull dyke.

Kim Campbell had picnics and happy frolics on the lawn of the Primeier'a retreat with her criminal boyfriend while her government melted down.  Are you proud?

Sambo

She wasn't voted in nor would have been. The party made a failing decision. Your two wrongs make a right Canada vs USA dichotomies are lame. You really are an emotionally immature narcissistic troll.

Quebec doesn't have a massive auto manufacturing sector, by the way

DanTSX

Quote from: Sambo on December 16, 2013, 12:04:18 PM
She wasn't voted in nor would have been. The party made a failing decision. Your two wrongs make a right Canada vs USA dichotomies are lame. You really are an emotionally immature narcissistic troll.

Quebec doesn't have a massive auto manufacturing sector, by the way

Only in Canada  :-\

Sambo

I think dropping out and appointing a new leader before the next vote an ok strategy. I'm more troubled with towing the party line or be punished style of house voting. And first past the poll is also a sham, unless you want to call a two party system democratic

Marc.Knight

The most effective Troll is one who disguises him or herself as a regular member.

Sambo

Care to elaborate? Or are you ashamed to come off as fascist scum?

Pardon me. I took a giant leap there. You should elaborate rather than hide behind ambiguities