• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Future Theater

Started by nbirnes, December 13, 2013, 01:13:22 PM

bateman

Quote from: brig on June 17, 2015, 04:50:37 PM
Good post WhiteCrow

I think this is the first time anyone has ever said this.

onan

Quote from: bateman on June 17, 2015, 04:52:19 PM

It is, and my guess, most likely the last.

chefist

Quote from: onan on June 17, 2015, 04:53:14 PM

re-branding phase...

[author=Paper*Boy link=topic=5405.msg407421#msg407421 date=1434581051]
Falkie's video is so awful and so over the top, she must be laughing her ass off at it

She's going to be great.  Art always gets the best out of guests and callers, it will be interesting to see what role she will have and how he interacts with her
[/quote]

I trust Art. I also hold no ill will against her. I hope she's does well for Art and herself.

Lilith

Quote from: bateman on June 17, 2015, 04:52:19 PM

I like WhiteCrow..lol's, one of the first people to make me feel "welcome" here.  True.......:)

Lilith

Quote from: onan on June 17, 2015, 04:53:14 PM

WhiteCrow posts great stuff....*ducks under table to escape rotten tomatoes and eggs*

Lilith

Quote from: chefist on June 17, 2015, 04:56:26 PM
re-branding phase...

chefist, you too have been nothing but kind and welcoming......lets see,  ah yes, a chemist and a chef , I remember good sometimes for an old girl  ;D

chefist

Quote from: brig on June 17, 2015, 05:06:34 PM
chefist, you too have been nothing but kind and welcoming......lets see,  ah yes, a chemist and a chef , I remember good sometimes for an old girl  ;D

Lol...I aimes to please!

Heather Wade

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on June 17, 2015, 11:59:48 AM
~Energize~

I paid my way through college by working nights in a second rate transporter station two blocks away from where PKD discovered the word VALIS engraved in a sidewalk.

Other employees took to calling me "Atom Scrambler O'Leary," albeit with derision, due to earlier mishaps.

It was a different time.

Well, a different time-line altogether, and Jonathan Lethem had not a fucking clue.

Wait. You're Atom Scrambler O'Leary?  Someone get me a drink.  I knew it, man, I've been thinking it, quietly suspecting it... for so long.  The Atom Scrambler, himself.  In this timeline.  Again.  To hell with Jonathan, and Peter, I want to know how you ended up here!  Rhetorical, I know you can't answer that in this timeline. 

Quote from: (Redacted) on June 18, 2015, 10:29:24 PM

Wait. You're Atom Scrambler O'Leary?  Someone get me a drink.  I knew it, man, I've been thinking it, quietly suspecting it... for so long.  The Atom Scrambler, himself.  In this timeline.  Again.  To hell with Jonathan, and Peter, I want to know how you ended up here!  Rhetorical, I know you can't answer that in this timeline.

:-X

Paradox

Finally listening to the show with MV.  Filled in some blanks.  Interesting stuff.  Enjoyed it.

nbirnes

Keeping it all low-key, on the down-low. But still, we are doing a show in about 20 minutes, live as all get-out and a ton of fun, I hope.

Improvement is possible!

Lunger

Woke up this morning to Future Theater and I have to say that it sounded like a totally different show.  It was quite good.  I think Nancy was correct when she told Angel that he shouldn't interrupt because its her show.

Don't much care for ghosts but I look forward to a UFO topic.

Lunger

Also, a good conversion about Corso.  I was surprised Bill took the view that he did.  Wasn't it Bill that brought Corso to Art back in the 90's?  I wonder what changed his mind?

My problem with Corso has always been his rank.  After having served 20 years in the Army and through two (possibly 3) wars he left as a Light Bird?  Something is very wrong there.  His boss and friend General Trudeau could have easily bumped him up to O-6 before he retired. 

nbirnes

Quote from: Lunger on June 23, 2015, 01:14:49 PM
Also, a good conversion about Corso.  I was surprised Bill took the view that he did.  Wasn't it Bill that brought Corso to Art back in the 90's?  I wonder what changed his mind?

My problem with Corso has always been his rank.  After having served 20 years in the Army and through two (possibly 3) wars he left as a Light Bird?  Something is very wrong there.  His boss and friend General Trudeau could have easily bumped him up to O-6 before he retired.

I am absolutely thrilled with your two posts here, Lunger. It's so nice to see change happening real-time, and improvements are possible! Gives me great enthusiasm for keeping on with this sort of terrifying process. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

As for Corso's rank -- he was a noncom for much of his career and got promoted to officer status via war-time policies that were in place at the time. Bill knows more details on that. Also Trudeau didn't reach 5 stars due to some interesting politics , so he was possibly not in a position to help.

The whole quartermaster command, as far as I remember, was a punishment to him. Corso was attached to that and the famous file cabinet, too. To me, it seems like an intelligence operation, but again Bill can elaborate.

I'm pretty sure old Future Theaters talk about this in more depth, and one of these days, I'll be going through them and annotating stuff like that so I can point to specifics.

Again -- you are the best. You started a thread with passion and stayed the course. So nice.

Lunger

Quote from: nbirnes on June 23, 2015, 02:17:43 PM
I am absolutely thrilled with your two posts here, Lunger. It's so nice to see change happening real-time, and improvements are possible! Gives me great enthusiasm for keeping on with this sort of terrifying process. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

As for Corso's rank -- he was a noncom for much of his career and got promoted to officer status via war-time policies that were in place at the time. Bill knows more details on that. Also Trudeau didn't reach 5 stars due to some interesting politics , so he was possibly not in a position to help.

The whole quartermaster command, as far as I remember, was a punishment to him. Corso was attached to that and the famous file cabinet, too. To me, it seems like an intelligence operation, but again Bill can elaborate.

I'm pretty sure old Future Theaters talk about this in more depth, and one of these days, I'll be going through them and annotating stuff like that so I can point to specifics.

Again -- you are the best. You started a thread with passion and stayed the course. So nice.

I think that you are thinking of Ed Dames.  He was enlisted and then went to OTS.  Corso, from what I recall....from the 90's, entered the Army as a 2nd Lt. in '42.  But I could be mistaken.  A Lt. General has powers just shy of God.  Trudeau could have made him a full bird if he'd wanted to.  Something doesn't pass the smell test.

You are right.  I think its some kind of Intel OP.  Against who though?

nbirnes

Quote from: Lunger on June 24, 2015, 05:29:57 AM
I think that you are thinking of Ed Dames.  He was enlisted and then went to OTS.  Corso, from what I recall....from the 90's, entered the Army as a 2nd Lt. in '42.  But I could be mistaken.  A Lt. General has powers just shy of God.  Trudeau could have made him a full bird if he'd wanted to.  Something doesn't pass the smell test.

You are right.  I think its some kind of Intel OP.  Against who though?

Against us, I'm afraid. We, the U.S. citizens. I will ask Bill the details and specifics re: Corso's Army career. There is a document and a court appearance that pretty much places him in a peculiar position, and that sealed the deal for Bill. We can talk about this at the beginning of the next show. I've made notes.

Haven't followed Dames. He seems off; more than usual.

chefist

Quote from: nbirnes on June 24, 2015, 12:58:41 PM
Against us, I'm afraid. We, the U.S. citizens. I will ask Bill the details and specifics re: Corso's Army career. There is a document and a court appearance that pretty much places him in a peculiar position, and that sealed the deal for Bill. We can talk about this at the beginning of the next show. I've made notes.

Haven't followed Dames. He seems off; more than usual.

Once again the Art Bell episode with Bill, Corso and LMH was one of the best UFO shows ever!

WildCard

nbirnes: That's an acting technique, right?

Talmadge: <blah, blah, blah>

nbirnes: But you DO know that's an acting technique?

nbirnes

Quote from: WildCard on July 04, 2015, 11:04:34 AM
nbirnes: That's an acting technique, right?

Talmadge: <blah, blah, blah>

nbirnes: But you DO know that's an acting technique?

You are a very good listener.

Tonight's show will be a treat: our own Aldous. Do pass the dubious, cause I think we're gonna need it.

Quote from: nbirnes on July 06, 2015, 05:48:58 PM

Tonight's show will be a treat: our own Aldous. Do pass the dubious, cause I think we're gonna need it.

Does aldous have a pet boar?

nbirnes

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on July 06, 2015, 05:54:08 PM
Does aldous have a pet boar?

Of course he does. We'll find out its name.

Chine

Looking forward to it.

starrmtn001

Quote from: nbirnes on July 06, 2015, 05:48:58 PM

I have my alarm set.  Tonight's show is going to so ROCK!  Are we going to meet in the GabCast Chat Room again?  Who did the artwork for Aldous' picture?  Beautiful!!!

chefist

I'm gonna be listening Nancy...after I take the kid to the doc...

starrmtn001

Only 7 folks in Chat?  C'mon guys, Future Theater is going to start shortly!