• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Dark Matter Network Content

Started by Textor, November 22, 2013, 10:44:43 AM

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: cweb on December 22, 2014, 11:52:10 AM

For me, the best situation would be Art live + his repeats (like you mentioned) mixed in with Dark City and The Unexplained. Those two shows have been the highlights of DMRN forever.

yeah, i understand that, but those shows are all readily available on their own.  when art comes back, i'd like to be able to tune in his stream and know what i'm going to get, 24/7.

to be totally honest, i never really cared enough about the genre to hear it discussed by anyone other than art.  there has been a lot of talk about "successors", but i don't think there can be one.

area51drone

Quote from: MV on December 22, 2014, 08:54:22 AM
I hope Art dumps all of this amateur hour silliness and just plays 24/7 repeats of his own show when he comes back. I have no interest in hearing any of this other shit on his stream.

malliard

i dont really know what the future for the network holds, and it also seems we dont have a firm comeback date for art according to artbell.com twitters feed...

malliard

i agree, for sponsors, art should stream his show 24/7 and give away the podcast and upload "himself" youtube
dont let others pirate it your paid podcast... or worst do it yourself... haha

Bart Ell

167 current listeners.
Placeholder my ass.
The thing is an insult to Art. Pull the plug on this joke of a stream.

I will give Keith this - he puts the time in. The problem is he puts in time like a minimum wage worker would. Grunt work, uninspired, wasted hours. 

If Keith had any sort of imagination he could have created a cool, money making stream. Instead - outdated shit with shit shows on most of the time.

Can I do better? Yes, I could. A few other here could, too.

cweb

I get that Art delivers a unique brand of radio that sets him apart. It sounds like most people would be fine with dumping the rest of the DMRN shows altogether. Looking at the numbers, I've come to realize that the better DMRN shows do pretty damn well in their own podcast format. To be honest, I only listened to Dark City and The Unexplained based on recommendations from Bellgab. (Where's the Bellgab royalty for that, Keith?)

Jim makes a good point here too- sponsors. They don't want to pay for someone that's not Art. So yeah, now that I think about it, the Bell-only stream makes a lot of sense.

As for podcasts of Art's show- I'd pay a small fee for 'em. Hopefully it's something easy like Libsyn.

bateman

Quote from: cweb on December 22, 2014, 03:57:11 PM
I've come to realize that the better DMRN shows do pretty damn well in their own podcast format. To be honest, I only listened to Dark City and The Unexplained based on recommendations from Bellgab.

This is true. I get thousands of downloads in weeks my show isn't even on than I ever get on the DMRN stream. DMRN numbers have remained pretty constant from day one - I don't think it's ever cracked 1000 total listeners on any show.

malliard

Quote from: cweb on December 22, 2014, 03:57:11 PM.

As for podcasts of Art's show- I'd pay a small fee for 'em. Hopefully it's something easy like Libsyn.

yea but they will just end up being posted for free like the old shows... so why not just give them away?

malliard

Quote from: bateman on December 22, 2014, 04:22:44 PM
This is true. I get thousands of downloads in weeks my show isn't even on than I ever get on the DMRN stream. DMRN numbers have remained pretty constant from day one - I don't think it's ever cracked 1000 total listeners on any show.
Bateman, i dont have the crowd and or show you, went the network first started, i did see a jump in downloads, but since then even after leaving the network, they have been fairly steady.

Roswells, Art

I tried listening to DMRN for a few weeks, I liked some of it.  One night I tuned into it while I was doing other stuff on the computer, one show was ending and another starting.  After about seven minutes I had to look to see what I had logged into because I seriously thought that maybe I had accidentally tuned into some high school radio station.  Maybe it was Paranormal State.  It was awful.  The show before it was bad too.  I'm older now then I once was.  I wonder if even people in high school that are interested in that stuff would like it.  It seemed like shit regardless of how old you are.

cweb

Quote from: malliard on December 22, 2014, 06:36:06 PM

yea but they will just end up being posted for free like the old shows... so why not just give them away?
I know Art has some money; but if the library grows beyond... let's just arbitrarily say six weeks  :) ... the cost of hosting it could get expensive.

Free is best, but I would certainly pay if it was reasonable.

Glad to see DMRN has filled all the slot opened by Church. The network is much better off without him.

popple

IA. I like DMRN much better now. All the hours I would tune in seemed to be infected with church. It's nice to hear some different voices.

Quote from: popple on January 29, 2015, 04:15:49 PM
IA. I like DMRN much better now. All the hours I would tune in seemed to be infected with church. It's nice to hear some different voices.

Yes there are some decent shows on there.

malliard

its becoming the network it should have been before the church toook over a bulk of the air time

Delphi

What are your guys favorite show atm?

Soylentblue

Quote from: Delphi on February 01, 2015, 08:01:40 PM
What are your guys favorite show atm?

I think the plan all along was to deep six Church and when the time came to have Bell step into the time slot. It would be an almost perfect fit given what Art's Monday to Friday live hours will be in July.

Church probably saw this coming too and maybe that explains why he was being so obnoxious these last few months pushing his "fadernauts" agenda. The show seemed more about him trying to build a cult following around himself than about any kind of talk show.

Zack

Quote from: MV on December 22, 2014, 12:05:32 PM

yeah, i understand that, but those shows are all readily available on their own.  when art comes back, i'd like to be able to tune in his stream and know what i'm going to get, 24/7.

to be totally honest, i never really cared enough about the genre to hear it discussed by anyone other than art.  there has been a lot of talk about "successors", but i don't think there can be one.

This is true^^

I wouldn't mind hearing old Art shows replayed on Dark Matter Radio.  No one else can do this as good as Art. 

wr250

Quote from: Zack on February 19, 2015, 04:47:09 PM
This is true^^

I wouldn't mind hearing old Art shows replayed on Dark Matter Radio.  No one else can do this as good as Art.
they cant . premier radio owns them, not art bell or kieth rowland. although i wish art would send me all his old (pre-premier) vcr tapes of his shows so i can rip to mp3 ...

ManiacMatt

Quote from: MV on December 22, 2014, 12:05:32 PM

It would be cool to have an all Art stream that you could tune into at anytime.  I wouldn't mind having Dark City mixed in there since it's a very well done show.

bateman

Quote from: ManiacMatt on February 19, 2015, 05:16:49 PM
It would be cool to have an all Art stream that you could tune into at anytime.  I wouldn't mind having Dark City mixed in there since it's a very well done show.

Neither would I.  ;D

And I love wr250's idea of getting his hands on pre-ClearChannel shows. I don't think anyone's heard 'Area 2000' shows since they originally aired...

Zack

Quote from: wr250 on February 19, 2015, 05:06:58 PM
they cant . premier radio owns them, not art bell or kieth rowland. although i wish art would send me all his old (pre-premier) vcr tapes of his shows so i can rip to mp3 ...

Ouch.  That sucks they won't let him have those shows. 

the_peeve

Quote from: Soylentblue on February 02, 2015, 11:05:12 AM
I think the plan all along was to deep six Church and when the time came to have Bell step into the time slot. It would be an almost perfect fit given what Art's Monday to Friday live hours will be in July.

Church probably saw this coming too and maybe that explains why he was being so obnoxious these last few months pushing his "fadernauts" agenda. The show seemed more about him trying to build a cult following around himself than about any kind of talk show.

Absolutely. He pushed it too hard. His show was interesting at first. I was pulling for him. But when he started having the same call in people all the time, it was the end for me.

"Who's calling?"
"It's Bear!"
"Oh hey Baaaaaair, how's it going brother? What did you think of guest X?"
"I thought it was. ... um interesting Jimmy!"

That was crap!

Howard Hughes is a fantastic radio host with great content. I like Bryan Alvarez's After Dark, but his content is sometimes very weak. I haven't listened to Dark City yet.
I sent a message to Higherside Chats FB account, telling them to get more audio in their show. They were making radio death by talking at the kitchen table amongst themselves. I told them to get soundbites into the show. Start doing 2minute interviews with people in the stories they were covering. That's easy and free to do with skype now.
Hyperspace I have difficulty listening to. I find the host unbearable at times. Her show was my most anticipated and yet most disappointing.
Late Night in the Midlands, I have shown the most patience with. His voice leaves something to be desired, but being a former radio guy myself, I never judge someone by voice, but instead delivery and content. LNM needs a shared host. Nothing stops someone from talking about themselves  like splitting the hosting duty up. Two hosts would do wonders for that show.
I wrote Secret Teachings in the early going basically screaming at that them for being condescending to their listeners. I never heard someone commit radio Hari Kari like that! Those two guys were something else. I am glad they are not on the network now.
I couldn't care less if they all found me condescending, I am condescending after all, but I have been trying to help them with critique. I love radio.

RoseGirl

You know...is it my imagination or what? Does the new C2C website design look suspiciously as if it were inspired by Art Bell's web site? Is there nothing c2c won't steal from others? Have they no shame????

the_peeve

Quote from: RoseGirl on March 03, 2015, 12:18:09 PM
You know...is it my imagination or what? Does the new C2C website design look suspiciously as if it were inspired by Art Bell's web site? Is there nothing c2c won't steal from others? Have they no shame????

I think it was Art who brought that up yesterday in another thread.

RoseGirl

Really? I'm in good company then....cuz I noticed it too. They are always ripping off stuff from my web site too. Those shits.

bateman

Quote from: the_peeve on March 03, 2015, 01:41:10 AM
I haven't listened to Dark City yet.

He's ok. Great looking guy though, so he's got that going for him.

PrairieGhost

Have you guys listened to Sasquatch Chronicles before? I think it's a good show. I tweeted Keith about it hopefully he can add it...

http://www.sasquatchchronicles.com/

b_dubb

Quote from: bateman on March 03, 2015, 06:31:42 PM
He's ok. Great looking guy though, so he's got that going for him.
But a coke head. Wow. A regular Hoover that one.