• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell Quits Dark Matter

Started by DesertFox, November 01, 2013, 08:13:24 AM

Heather Wade

Quote from: sherry440 on November 23, 2013, 05:24:20 PM
Come to think of it, maybe we should take up a collection and buy some Coexist stickers for the chicks with alien avatars?

We do not seek co-existence.  My feline army only wants your Moon.  I've said too much.   ;D

Surmo

An an aside, I was just putting Newman's Own Creamy French dressing on my McD's side salad, thinking I was being all good about my diet, when I see the dressing package is 230 calories!  The side salad?  20 calories.

It is damn good dressing, but I used a quarter of the packet instead.

littlechris

Quote from: (Redacted) on November 23, 2013, 04:13:32 PM
.....My vote is for focusing on the Dark Matter Network going forward.

THIS ^^^^ Any news on Artie's new network that will be airing on Artbell.com? Can he even have his own network, or would he be violating the NC???

littlechris

Quote from: Surmo on November 23, 2013, 05:32:41 PM

You don't know Falkie if you think he might have had an Obama/Biden bumer sticker on his Prius!

I figured eveyone in Northern California was a liberal?  It doesnt matter to me as the people in Northern California are WAAAAY kinder than the pricks down in southern California.

RoseGirl

Quote from: MikeJ on November 23, 2013, 04:43:29 PM
Thank you.

Ooops....my apologies, MikeJ; I read 2013 instead of 2012. Sorry.

~feels the appropriate amount of shame~

sherry440

Good, Surmo! I knew there was something I liked about Falkie. Seems like 90% of Portland is also liberal, but maybe not so true. Conservatives are just quieter.

Then I think there's a new breed, more of a Libertarian, like Art, and me sort of (although I defy categories) who just hates the government in our business. Do you know you can't send a sack lunch to school with your kid anymore??

Heck, I'D move to the Phillapines...

eddie dean

Quote from: lonevoice on November 23, 2013, 04:30:38 PM
Instead of lots of people repeating the same speculation and debates that have already been posted hundreds of times on this thread, they could just start posting by referencing previous posts that make the same point.  Like this:

It would be kind of funny, at least to me.

I like it LV!
It is similar to an Easter egg hunt.

This thread: #2722

steelbot

if we're gonna use codes lets use universal ones ok thanks!

Mango - Hawaiin Gold - G13 - Purple Haze - BubbleBerry - And white Widow!  ;)

more can be found here - http://www.medicalmarijuanastrains.com/

DarKPenguiN

Eh, its over. I imagine we have probably heard the last of Art Bell.

So...A couple weeks ago (or whatever) I wanted to make a Computer Game about this entire incident, now I am sure this is something which MUST be done.

Originally my idea was to have you play as Art bell , trying to escape from the basement lair of the evil George Noory who had cloned MR Bell and made the clone quit the show- Art must Adventure his way through the Noorys Basement, travel to the Premeire Labartory and fight the evil Boss creatures of Lisa Lyons, Tommy and of coarse- George Noory (who transforms into a Beast of great power)

-My idea is much different now. Now this is going to be a small 'Turn based" RPG since I can use the work I have done on an (as of yet- And probably forever) unfinished game I was working on a few years ago.

This game is NOT going to be flattering to Mr Bell (who will still be the Main Character)- I am thinking of a name such as "Quest of the Quitter." OR "Quest to quit : Episode 6"- Something like that anyhow...

-Anyhow, I am fully serious about this, can make this in very little time, etc...

To show that I am , in fact, capable of (at the very least) putting together a shit game I am going to post screenshots of my (as of yet and probably forever...) unfinished game. I did all the graphics work here (which is why it kind of sucks) and graphics are my Achilles heel. THIS game, however, I will have no issues with 'borrowing' sprites and such from other sources since I plan on no financial reward WHATSOEVER from this game, nor to even attach my real name to it- It will be distributed as Freeware.

Again however, I DO need some help with a few very specific things. I need some of you photoshop experts (or anyone with experience doing animated Sprites) to help me make an 'Art bell' and 'George Noory" Sprite. I have the templates with the animated bodies, I just need Heads made/attached. Whenever I do my own Sprites they are jerky as fuck and look stupid... Then again, I only use my own work as "placeholder" since I am not Artistic and my Sprites are horrible (as you will see from my screenshots)

ANYHOW, I am dead Sirius about this. I Already started writing out a Design Document and have (what I feel is) a great idea for a parody of this entire episode and a funny ass game that some people will 'get'...

Anyone who is so far on the "fanboy" side of Art bell probably need not apply since I am going to be using both him and Noory as the butt of many jokes... Nothing Mean spirited, mind you, but this isnt about making a game where Art is a "Hero"... Also, I take it back- Some of this may border on 'mean spirited' but Fuck it.

-So. If you can help out (and WANT to help out) in any way- PM me. I am not fucking around either- I CAN and WILL make this game in a very short amount of time (I am giving myself 2 FULL weeks until I have something to beta test)- But I cannot make anything if I cannot at least get an Art Bell and Noory Sprite done (something I cannot do without help)... So HELP ME...please...

-I am posting these (admittedly bad-) screenshots to show that I am not talking shit and looking to waste anyones time. These are from a game I started working on (and quit working on) a few years ago due to my GRAPHIC WORK SUCKING and the game being far too ambitious to make purchasing Art a viable option. The "Game" itself is semi playable but totally unfinished. Converting everything I already have to make this new (and not ambitious) Art Bell/George Noory game will be quite easy if anyone can aid me with the Noory/Bell Graphics.

Game will be 2D and a basic Role Playing game with a very basic system (I am working out the details on paper as we speak)...

PLEASE help me do this. This shit could be funny as hell. If you are not artistic enough but still want to help, PM me your ideas as well.

[/URL]

lonevoice

Quote from: eddie dean on November 23, 2013, 06:01:57 PM
I like it LV!
It is similar to an Easter egg hunt.

This thread: #2722

Good choice, Eddie D! 

Quote from: bateman on November 05, 2013, 06:50:08 PM

That's all, folks.

Textor

Quote from: littlechris on November 23, 2013, 05:43:39 PM
I figured eveyone in Northern California was a liberal?  It doesnt matter to me as the people in Northern California are WAAAAY kinder than the pricks down in southern California.

NorCal is a nicer place, anyhow.

We even are nice enough to send all our reprocessed water down to LA.

I think it is because we have trees. Lots and lots of trees.

Falkie2013

Quote from: munbeam666 on November 23, 2013, 04:41:35 PM
According to Commander FortRock, leader of the Scorpion Army, Art Bell will return on December 2nd broadcasting from an Indian reservation, and probably transported to that site by flying disks flown by Commander FortRock's pilots

And smoking cheap Indian ecigs too while doing it becuase you get a big discount buying ecigs and smokes from the Indian reservation stores, like the one in Reno with the huge sign on the roof.

Falkie2013

Quote from: Textor on November 23, 2013, 06:22:13 PM

There is ONE Conservative Congressman from this area. Every other one is an arch liberal and then we have the loons like Pelosi, Feinstein and the perpetual ones that also say crazy stuff in Oakland and Berkserkely.

There are nice Conservatives around here too usually found reading in the Barnes and Noble in Walnut Creek.

The further you get away from SF and the counties surrounding the Bay the more you find Conservatives. Liberalism only prevails in Northern California because liberals moved here from elsewhere.

I am old enough to remember when Oakland and SF had predominately Conservative Mayors, Supervisors and City Council members and before the loons completely controlled SF, Berkeley and Oakland politics.

But that's getting off the subject of Art's leaving.

Even if he comes back, who other than us are going to know who he is or was ?

His fan base will drift away except for the stubbornly faithful akin to those who go out to Giant Rock and wait for the HUGE mothership to return.

Other people and some on here as well will move on to other pursuits.

In the meantime, we do have Noory to bitch about and to keep wondering what kind of listeners he has who keep gushing about what a " GREAT " job he's doing.

I suppose many of them never heard Art and if they did, didn't like all that paranormal crap that Art would have on.

They want news of conspiracies, lizard men and interviews with former Hollywood stars and probably a certain percentage of the women listeners want to either have sex with $noorge or Bill Mumy.

It ain't over over but it sure as hell is on one hell of an extended hiatus, while we all seek ways to amuse ourselves for 2 frickin' years.

littlechris

Quote from: Textor on November 23, 2013, 06:22:13 PM

I think it is because we have trees. Lots and lots of trees.
Oooh how I love those beautiful green gooey northern California trees!!!

ziznak

I think a shitty video game would be fun so I'm down to help w artwork, sprites, and especially ideas for the BATTLE SYSTEM.

and I have many ideas!
Art gets a "cat swarm" special attack while Noory has a "flaming pizza roll" special attack.  Tommy throws queue cards and other various foods.  Noory will be weak against certain spells such as "weeedgjee board" and "rain puddle."  Ah man this could be really funny.

DarKPenguiN

Quote from: ziznak on November 23, 2013, 06:51:12 PM
I think a shitty video game would be fun so I'm down to help w artwork, sprites, and especially ideas for the BATTLE SYSTEM.

and I have many ideas!
Art gets a "cat swarm" special attack while Noory has a "flaming pizza roll" special attack.  Tommy throws queue cards and other various foods.  Noory will be weak against certain spells such as "weeedgjee board" and "rain puddle."  Ah man this could be really funny.
AWESOME  ;D

Yes, I was going to have Pizza Rolls be a weapon to defeat Noory with BUT I like the special attack even better lol. Freaking awesome man.

I am totally , 100% serious about this and it will actually be easy. Please PM me your email if you dont mind and you are serious as well. We will not be able to attach our names to this since (in the interest of quality) I will be 'borrowing' many sprites to at least achieve Super Nintendo Quality lol... That said, we can attach these forums name, give the game out for free and have a good laugh doing it.

;D

Quote from: sherry440 on November 23, 2013, 05:22:30 PM
....but is there a quick way to find that post besides endless scrolling?
Thank God the cat fight ended or got blocked or something.

In the address box at the top of the screen you can just type in the number at the very end, after the "."
EX: To find post 15582
Change this-> http://bellgab.com/index.php?topic=5069.18570
To this-> http://bellgab.com/index.php?topic=5069.15582
That will take you to the top of the page the post is on, then just move down the page to the post you are looking for.

Falkie2013

And he gets a plus if he carries an 8 in his wallet.

You could also have him get healed by a stream of random numbers seen going across the screen sent out by the Numbers Lady when Noory calls on her for help.
She could also appear in certain spots and kiss Noory and give him full health.

Art gets health from eating small Filipino snacks found along the way left like Hansel and Gretel.
He also derives power when ever he passes any radio antenna, patrol car, etc. and can shoot lightning out of his fingers to attack $noory.
And ... he has the power to control any cat in the game just by looking at it.
Is Tommy going to be in the game along with RCH ?

I can see it.

" You've found the face on Pahrump. Oops, it's just a rusty wash machine with a pipe sticking out of it. Lose 20 health points. "

Quote from: Falkie2013 on November 23, 2013, 06:39:16 PM

The further you get away from SF and the counties surrounding the Bay the more you find Conservatives. Liberalism only prevails in Northern California because liberals moved here from elsewhere.

Northern California, East of Sacramento is very conservative. There are some groups up there that want to secede from CA with Oregon to create their own state. I think Falkie already knows most of this, but the Bay Area is liberal but Northern California is not.

Quote from: littlechris on November 23, 2013, 05:43:39 PM
You got that right buddy. I'm from Placerville, in the foothills outside Sacramento. We're the kindest people in the world :)

MV/Liberace!

good news and bad news. 

the good news is, it looks like the spec sheet is now going to be aired regularly on art's stream at artbell.com every tuesday at 8pm eastern, 5pm pacific. 

the bad news (or good, depending on you): since i will be doing the spec sheet weekly, i won't be able to alternate between it and the gabcast, meaning i'll only be appearing on the spec sheet.

the gabcast is going to continue, i think.  eddie dean has been asked to keep it going since he has the equipment and the ability, so we'll see if he decides to continue it.  feel free to pressure him as you like.  i think he wants another host, so there's that for anyone interested.

RoseGirl

I think there needs to be an evil dungeon called 'Mel's Hole' and if Art gets tossed in there, his body comes apart and he must then search for 'Arts Parts'....if Noory gets tossed in he keeps repeating 'Super' and 'That's right' and loses power every time he does.

DarKPenguiN

Quote from: Falkie2013 on November 23, 2013, 06:57:26 PM

And he gets a plus if he carries an 8 in his wallet.

You could also have him get healed by a stream of random numbers seen going across the screen sent out by the Numbers Lady when Noory calls on her for help.
She could also appear in certain spots and kiss Noory and give him full health.

Art gets health from eating small Filipino snacks found along the way left like Hansel and Gretel.
He also derives power when ever he passes any radio antenna, patrol car, etc. and can shoot lightning out of his fingers to attack $noory.
And ... he has the power to control any cat in the game just by looking at it.
Is Tommy going to be in the game along with RCH ?

I can see it.

" You've found the face on Pahrump. Oops, it's just a rusty wash machine with a pipe sticking out of it. Lose 20 health points. "

...HOLY SHIT.

I LOVE Randomness and always incorporate it into any game I make for replayability and to give the illusion of a less linear experience.

Adding the number lady into this is PURE GENIUS. Pure fucking genius. Every X amount of steps a random number is rolled and if it falls between X and Y the nmber Lady pops up and gives you a "Daily reading" (based an another Random Number) which will influence the game until cancelled by getting another random number.

For example. She pops up and gives some 'new age type speech- then says 'Ah, Your Number is 8. The number of Money"- For the time this is in effect all Money collected is x2 (opr something)

-Fuck. Great idea and hilarious.

Art Bell

Hi again,

Well I read through the letter I posted and just can not find where I laid blame
on anybody. I did list the options we had talked about. I did comment about the
choice of Coast after I had left, I did comment on what I thought about Coast but
where did I point blame?

I will also say this, given the same circumstances I would make the same decision
again, that does not mean I am happy about the outcome, I am not. Anybody who
thinks I started that show just to quit is loony. I put money, sweat and a hell of a
lot of time into it.

At this point it is done, if I can find a way around the NC I will start streaming as
soon as possible, if not I will start the streaming after the NC is over. I did offer
to buy the studio gear so they would not have to come and remove it but they
declined.

When I do begin streaming it will be only me, no large company. If I made any
mistake that was it. I should have simply started streaming myself, for that I
do blame myself.

Art

Danger!UFO

Quote from: MV on November 23, 2013, 07:02:04 PM
good news and bad news. 

the good news is, it looks like the spec sheet is now going to be aired regularly on art's stream at artbell.com every tuesday at 8pm eastern, 5pm pacific. 

the bad news (or good, depending on you): since i will be doing the spec sheet weekly, i won't be able to alternate between it and the gabcast, meaning i'll only be appearing on the spec sheet.

the gabcast is going to continue, i think.  eddie dean has been asked to keep it going since he has the equipment and the ability, so we'll see if he decides to continue it.  feel free to pressure him as you like.  i think he wants another host, so there's that for anyone interested.

We'll take the good news! The beginning of the Dark Matter Network! Wow!

Quote from: Art Bell on November 23, 2013, 07:05:33 PM

I did offer to buy the studio gear so they would not have to come and remove it but they
declined.

Sounds like a trap.

Danger!UFO

We'll be waiting! This is going to be great!

Quote from: MV on November 23, 2013, 07:02:04 PM
good news and bad news. 

Congrats, MV!

And now I 'm off to haunt Eddie D.  ;D