• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell Quits Dark Matter

Started by DesertFox, November 01, 2013, 08:13:24 AM

Quote from: dudefromtherock on November 22, 2013, 08:32:18 PM
.   I haven't gamed sincere last winter.. What's GTa5 like? (Memories of Vice City)

From someone who owns multiple copies of every game in the series, It is excellent.  I have my issues with it, and I don't think it's my favorite in the series, but It is a high quality product no less.  The controls and physics are a little more 'arcadey' than in IV, and the story is a bit more cartoony, so if you're used to the old games, you should feel right at home in it.

Quote from: dudefromtherock on November 22, 2013, 08:32:18 PM
.   I haven't gamed sincere last winter.. What's GTa5 like? (Memories of Vice City)

Pretty cool ^_^. I or someone will make a new thread in General Topics. There should be some folks here interested. Just don't wanna throw this thread off.

littlechris

Quote from: Pirate King Atomsk on November 22, 2013, 08:57:10 PM
Pretty cool ^_^. I or someone will make a new thread in General Topics. There should be some folks here interested. Just don't wanna throw this thread off.

Yeah a gaming thread would be cool. Im currently playing final fantasy 2 on my kindle, while listening to ArtBell, of course.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: TheMan WhoFell ToEarth on November 22, 2013, 07:23:21 PM
Maybe we should be starting a BellGab crew for GTA Online.

no problems with that.  i'm JismSatchel on xbox live.

sherry440

Quote from: Guspacker on November 22, 2013, 05:18:08 PM
I really fail to see why Noory and C2C get any blame here. I enjoyed Arts work but really am not convinced he really wanted back in the game. If he did he certainly would have sought a legal team beyond a message board.

Not only that, but if he really wanted to be on the air...he would've stayed there.

Journey /  Foreigner

Is there a difference? 

Explain.

littlechris

Quote from: MV on November 22, 2013, 09:24:14 PM
no problems with that.  i'm JismSatchel on xbox live.

HUH? are you serious MV? Jizm Satchel?? lol.   Im peaceness on xbox live if anyone wants to add me.

sydtron

Good question. You should comapre their songs.
I'll start  Open Arms/Double Vision. ?

sherry440

Ok I'm dense, but what was that about Bateman and DarkWeekend?

Quote from: Jocko Johnson on November 22, 2013, 05:04:31 PM
I think you may be wrong on a few things...first of all I am not sure Art did this for the money...he was making $75k either for the total 3 years or per year...not sure but for a top guy in entertainment that is by no means a lot. And I am pretty sure CCrane doesn't sell satellite radios...?????
That's my point- Art is no longer a top radio guy. He dropped out too long. I can imagine him at home screaming at the new philipina "I'm art bell! Do the know who they are dealing with?! I'm a fucking legend!!!) fucking self absorbed geezer. I'm sick of his shit.

georgesucks

Quote from: Pinoybipedalurinal on November 22, 2013, 10:10:37 PM
That's my point- Art is no longer a top radio guy. He dropped out too long. I can imagine him at home screaming at the new philipina "I'm art bell! Do the know who they are dealing with?! I'm a fucking legend!!!) fucking self absorbed geezer. I'm sick of his shit.
Art can be back on top of the radio guy if he STOPS QUITTING.

EarthAlien007

I'm sick of your shit.
Really. Give it a rest.

For you guys playing games, I'm on PS3 not 360. 

As for Dark Weekend, I emailed Keith this evening to suggest they stream Dark Weekend on ArtBell.com.  May not be possible since Bateman is a professional with station backing for the show, but still worth a try.  As I said elsewhere and to Keith, Bateman has quality guests, with interesting topics, and thought provoking interviews.  Having his material, especially with that wonderful Ross Mitchell intro, on the "Dark Matter Network" would be incredible.  Since he's putting it on his own site for free, there may not be a conflict anyway.

laserjock

Frankly, I am tired of know it alls who are critical of others and not of themselves.  Why don't we exame YOUR life, see what choices you've made?  Art did the right thing, and making fun of his wife is offensive.  My wife is a Filipina also, got a problem with that?

TequilaMB

Quote from: littlechris on November 22, 2013, 09:52:25 PM
HUH? are you serious MV? Jizm Satchel?? lol.   Im peaceness on xbox live if anyone wants to add me.

I'm zenmanson on xbox live. I love playing when I have the time, but I'm really bad at it. To make a bad situation worse, I have to take Dramamine when I play because I get motion sickness on GTA 5 and a few other games and it makes me a little loopy, so you probably don't want to take me along on a job unless you don't want to actually accomplish something.

Quote from: laserjock on November 22, 2013, 10:17:58 PM
Frankly, I am tired of know it alls who are critical of others and not of themselves.  Why don't we exame YOUR life, see what choices you've made?  Art did the right thing, and making fun of his wife is offensive.  My wife is a Filipina also, got a problem with that?
I said that cuz I don't know her name Dummy. And do I have a problem? Yes. Your wife should've never married such a worthless ass sniff as you. Now SHUT UP BITCH

TequilaMB

Quote from: Étouffée on November 22, 2013, 09:46:03 PM
Journey /  Foreigner

Is there a difference? 

Explain.

The Journey guy has a higher pitched screech that the Foreigner guy?

Danger!UFO

Cool!!! The Art Bell Returns countdown clock is now linked on the BellGab home page. It won't be long.

littlechris

Quote from: Danger!UFO on November 22, 2013, 10:38:39 PM
Cool!!! The Art Bell Returns countdown clock is now linked on the BellGab home page. It won't be long.

really? I didnt see it.

eddie dean

Quote from: MV on November 22, 2013, 09:24:14 PM
snip......  i'm JismSatchel on xbox live.......snip.

This statement is begging for a joke, but I got nothing. ;D

Quote from: TequilaMB on November 22, 2013, 10:30:05 PM
The Journey guy has a higher pitched screech that the Foreigner guy?

YES!!! You are correct, sir.  You made me laugh.  Thank you.

Quote from: Danger!UFO on November 22, 2013, 10:38:39 PM
Haha! That's beautiful. Someone has a sense of humour!

littlechris

Quote from: Danger!UFO on November 22, 2013, 10:41:19 PM
Click on AB Returns in...

ok now i see it. thanks. Is there any way to put the countdown on the top of each page? something like:

Art Bell returns in: 92 weeks, 15532 hours, 931816 minutes.

92 weeks isnt really that long to wait.

Quote from: retired41 on November 22, 2013, 10:33:45 PM
JOREIGNERY

Thank you, retired41.   Another quality laugh.

In such short supply these days.

You know we're going to have 1 3/4 years of Lord of The Flies, if we are not careful.

As Present Kennedy said over 50 years ago....."civility is not weakness".

Danger!UFO

Well, it may seem like a long time but it really isn't.

I don't think Art wants to end his broadcasting career like this. He'll be back streaming LIVE on the Dark Matter network.

Even if it's a weekly show it will be worth the wait. The quality of these recent shows was great. If Art's health is good he'll be back.

Quote from: Étouffée on November 22, 2013, 10:44:37 PM

Thank you, retired41.   Another quality laugh.

In such short supply these days.

You know we're going to have 1 3/4 years of Lord of The Flies, if we are not careful.

As Present Kennedy said over 50 years ago....."civility is not weakness".
Good one with lord of the flies reference. So true. Have you seen everything written lately about how Kennedy was a big fan of Hitler? I love that stuff. The sands of public perception; they are ashifting.