• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell Quits Dark Matter

Started by DesertFox, November 01, 2013, 08:13:24 AM

b_dubb

Phaedra? A "Zen And The Art Of Motorcycle Maintenance" reference?

dan7800

My name is Dan and I have hit rock bottom. Last night I was tired and actually looked forward to falling asleep listening to C2c even though I haven't listened in years. I was disappointed but it was ok I guess......

I need help

AppealPlay

Quote from: dan7800 on November 09, 2013, 10:03:11 PM
My name is Dan and I have hit rock bottom. Last night I was tired and actually looked forward to falling asleep listening to C2c even though I haven't listened in years. I was disappointed but it was ok I guess......

I need help

Hi, Dan...

ItsOver

Quote from: Jocko Johnson on November 09, 2013, 09:43:37 PM
HA Saddam,  Stalin ..yeah maybe but Tom Selleck Wow...Falkie when you get some new specs send that shithead jorch one of ur busted glasses so he can try to see something anything cause if he thinks he looks like Magnum PI he is blind as a drunk fucking bat!  ....

Hey, Jocko, Jorch thinks he sounds great, writes great, eats great, why wouldn't he think he looks great?  You wouldn't want him to be just partially delusional, would you?

jazmunda

Quote from: dan7800 on November 09, 2013, 10:03:11 PM

I need help

Next time you get the urge call your sponsor before doing anything rash.

toastycoasty

Quote from: DanTSX on November 09, 2013, 09:39:04 PM
Why do you hate the truth?

I don't know man, guess I was just born in the service of Satan and disinfo.

Quote from: jazmunda on November 09, 2013, 09:48:26 PM
It would have been ironic if artbell.com was testing their stream by rebroadcasting a station that carries C2CAM. The space time continuum would explode (or implode) if artbell.com were to be playing George Noory

Dark Matter 8-12 PT

C2C 12-4

Quote from: toastycoasty on November 09, 2013, 10:09:08 PM
I don't know man, guess I was just born in the service of Satan and disinfo.

You are probably a lucifierian insectisoid

I don't understand why Sirius wouldn't want to have free content from Art in trade for releasing him from the NC

Phaedra

Quote from: b_dubb on November 09, 2013, 10:03:07 PM
Phaedra? A "Zen And The Art Of Motorcycle Maintenance" reference?

I did read that in college for a Philosophy class, but no.  Didn't even connect it until your post.  I must be getting old lol.  Actually it's a '70s album by Tangerine Dream, also from Art's bumper song "Some Velvet Morning" with Lee Greenwood (I think) and Namcy Sinatra.  I'm going to have to read that again....thanks for the reminder!

Quote from: Phaedra on November 09, 2013, 10:19:39 PM
I did read that in college for a Philosophy class, but no.  Didn't even connect it until your post.  I must be getting old lol.  Actually it's a '70s album by Tangerine Dream, also from Art's bumper song "Some Velvet Morning" with Lee Greenwood (I think) and Namcy Sinatra.  I'm going to have to read that again....thanks for the reminder!

Speaking of books, your mention of your long-haul trucking made me think of "Uncommon Carriers" by John McPhee. It's an excellent journalistic, sometimes philosophic, look at different modes of transport, and the people in those professions that help drive the economy. It's one of my all-time favorite reads. Check it out. ;)

http://www.amazon.com/Uncommon-Carriers-John-McPhee/dp/0865477396

secretlab

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on November 09, 2013, 09:21:27 PM
Its most common for engineers to have these, but these days they are having chefs sign noncompetes.
Not broadcast engineers.  It's common for one or two contract engineers to do all the competing stations, especially in rural areas.  Technical secrets?  Fuggetaboutit!

Nighthawk

Quote from: toastycoasty on November 09, 2013, 09:20:47 PM
I turned off Bellgab last night after reading people praising Alex Jones and Clyde Lewis... Alex Jones in particular is the lowest of the low. Going on about FEMA, chemtrails and all that conspiracy shit... And then he has the gall to say that the Boston Bombing was a false flag op. People like him make me sick. He's found his schtick and he's sticking to it, so that he can stick his nose in the trough and profit off scare-mongering and baseless conspiracy theories.

Seriously, if you take them and Wells seriously, you need to step back into reality. Look at yourself and your choices.

Well the boston bombing WAS a false flag. 100% Go ask why the FBI shot one of the boys friends for no reason.

toastycoasty

Quote from: Phaedra on November 09, 2013, 10:19:39 PM

It's  Lee Hazelwood :D From their album Nancy & Lee which is great

Phaedra

Quote from: Saskatchewan Crust on November 09, 2013, 10:26:24 PM
Speaking of books, your mention of your long-haul trucking made me think of "Uncommon Carriers" by John McPhee. It's an excellent journalistic, sometimes philosophic, look at different modes of transport, and the people in those professions that help drive the economy. It's one of my all-time favorite reads. Check it out. ;)

http://www.amazon.com/Uncommon-Carriers-John-McPhee/dp/0865477396

Wow, thanks for the recommendation!  I'm definitely going to check that one out.  It really is like an intricate ballet...also very delicate.  If that makes any sense.

Producer-Paul

Quote from: Zack on November 09, 2013, 09:48:25 PM
Dark Matter coming soon to KNYE.  - if only it were that simple.

If only.

dortmunder

Art Bell is online. Any news, Art Bell?

Falkie2013

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on November 09, 2013, 07:21:04 PM
Someone mentioned the idea of a Producer Paul show on SiriusXM. I can't get it out of my head, so in my warped little world here's how I envision calling in to it:

Producer: "And good evening. You're almost on the air."
Caller: "Is this the Producer Paul show?"
Producer: "Yes it is and I'm his producer and screener Ar....um Richard C. Hogue."
Caller: "Is this Art Bell?"
Producer: "No sir it is not. Richard C. Hogue here. At least until the non-compete runs out."
Caller: "Well, when will I be on the air?"
Producer: "In a moment, Paul's having a strange night. *Pink Floyd's intro to Time begins playing*. We're all having a strange night. The sun is erupting, WWV is barely audible. We're awash in radiation. There's a full moon. It's one of those nights. One of those strange, strange nights . . ."
Caller: *Click*

The next night . . .

Cheap weekend screener: "How are youuuuuuuuu!!!!!"
Caller: *click*

Hmm, the Producer Paul show on a podcast with Art as the sidekick. He wouldn't be the host for 2 years but ...

And I got to thinking we all missed an opportunity here.
We should have started a betting pool and placed bets on how long Art would stay on the air with Grand Prize, 2nd and 3rd prizes of cash to the winner and runners up pocketing the cash.
Who would have guessed he only would last 6 weeks ? Or actually less, since he missed at least 2 nights.
Maybe next time ?

Phaedra

Quote from: toastycoasty on November 09, 2013, 10:33:04 PM
It's  Lee Hazelwood :D From their album Nancy & Lee which is great

I had a feeling I had the wrong Lee. Thanks!

Art Bell

Just to be clear AGAIN, a Independent Broadcaster is somebody who is generally not exclusive to Sirius/Xm
but is still carried, Like Coast was and many other shows. The sad part is that we proposed that over a Week
ago and even said we would remain exclusive to Sirius/XM in the Broadcast World and would only stream on
the Web Site. Sadly they have not replied.

I will indeed honor my NC if they want me to and I am fairly sure they will, if not I will stream the show to you
as I said I would. I do not understand why they would not since it was such a win-win. We would no longer be
employees so their cost would have been near zero. I am concerned there are other factors at work here, time
will tell.

Art

AppealPlay

Quote from: Art Bell on November 09, 2013, 10:40:10 PM
Just to be clear AGAIN, a Independent Broadcaster is somebody who is generally not exclusive to Sirius/Xm
but is still carried, Like Coast was and many other shows. The sad part is that we proposed that over a Week
ago and even said we would remain exclusive to Sirius/XM in the Broadcast World and would only stream on

I will indeed honor my NC if they want me to and I am fairly sure they will, if not I will stream the show to you
as I said I would. I do not understand why they would not since it was such a win-win. We would no longer be
employees so their cost would have been near zero. I am concerned there are other factors at work here, time
will tell.

Art

Well, that is unfortunate.  Hopefully some sort of agreement can be reached to settle it amicably. :(

tertiaryimam

will tell.

Art

Art, what is your opinion of George Noory's recent tactics of winning hearts and minds by giving away a free pug to every tenth caller? Do you agree with these tactics or do you find it repugnant (no pun intended)?

DanTSX

Art, 

Does SxM have any contractural or legal obligation to respond or acknowledge your inquiry?

Perhaps even under labor laws as you state you were an employee?

I agree that it is odd that they are letting you sit on a block of ice this long.

DanTSX

Quote from: tertiaryimam on November 09, 2013, 10:44:13 PM

Art, what is your opinion of George Noory's recent tactics of winning hearts and minds by giving away a free pug to every tenth caller? Do you agree with these tactics or do you find it repugnant (no pun intended)?

I'm going to give George a free GM diesel locomotive.

jazmunda

will tell.

Art

I hope that Premiere don't have their dirty sticky fingers in all of this.

alleyrulez

Art, now that your Facebook page is back up (thanks, btw), why not contact Sirius that way?

Falkie2013

Quote from: DanTSX on November 09, 2013, 10:45:31 PM
I'm going to give George a free GM diesel locomotive.

I'm gonna give George a free anal probe as soon as I can find a gray to deliver it.

DanTSX

Quote from: jazmunda on November 09, 2013, 10:46:46 PM
I hope that Premiere don't have their dirty sticky fingers in all of this.

Winner winner chicken dinner.....

DanTSX

Quote from: alleyrulez on November 09, 2013, 10:47:20 PM
Art, now that your Facebook page is back up (thanks, btw), why not contact Sirius that way?
They have received his message.

The problem is they are not replying.