• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell Quits Dark Matter

Started by DesertFox, November 01, 2013, 08:13:24 AM

sherry440

I'm back to being mad. Furious. Page 6 of this thread.
Time Magazine?! Sirius hyped DM all through August.....how callous to throw it away. I've been a professional working musician for 30++ years! and you do the gig! Sick, hurt, death in the family, no matter what--- you play the gig.

IcicleTrepan

Quote from: (Redacted) on November 07, 2013, 08:14:31 PM
I long for the moment I get to download a '65 Mustang from Pirate Bay.

For me, a DeLorean :)

Cynnie

Quote from: lonevoice on November 07, 2013, 08:13:14 PM
The stream will go dark and I will get drunk?

Good idea..i just bought some wormtown be hoppy beer..best stuff ever

jazmunda

Quote from: shamrock on November 07, 2013, 08:14:45 PM
Art is online at Bellgab, lets keep our fingers crossed that he has good news. Shamrock

Most likely we will be staying tuned. ;)

I guess that's better than goodbye.

bateman

Quote from: IcicleTrepan on November 07, 2013, 08:15:31 PM
Ha! That's always been my favorite too. I'm actually interviewing this author for an upcoming show: http://www.amazon.com/The-DeLorean-Story-people-scandal/dp/0857333143/

DanTSX

Quote from: sherry440 on November 07, 2013, 07:53:45 PM
Anybody remember that Ham stream Art put online years back? I used to listen to that just to maybe catch him during retirement.
The ONLY consolation has been following these 204 pages with people who feel as I do. But a no compete clause is ironclad. Doesn't matter where or how, he's in "legal cement shoes" if he tries to come back. It's the end forever.

If Stanford beats Oregon .... There's no tomorrow.

smeter.net

Art's stream is down.   Lightening strike sizzled his receiver.

IcicleTrepan

Quote from: bateman on November 07, 2013, 08:16:51 PM
Ha! That's always been my favorite too. I'm actually interviewing this author for an upcoming show: http://www.amazon.com/The-DeLorean-Story-people-scandal/dp/0857333143/

Nice!  Can't wait to hear it.

Foodlion

While Art's site no longer has the link, it's still here if you direct link to it to read the posts.
http://artbell.com/testing-a-potential-live-streaming-solution/
The link was working last time I checked, but after I restarted my PC I can't find the MP3 streaming link.
I'm sure I could check my temp files and find the direct download llink URL, but I'm busy at the moment and I'm sure the stream is down anyways. 

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on November 07, 2013, 08:11:46 PM
New show will debut with Whitley Strieber and Steve Quayle as co-hosts.   They will tag team
the callers to the show with heaps of abuse

Steve Quayle RULES !!!!

Have HAWK on too

lightningline

My life is so simple and boreing Arts New show is literally the first thing I have had to look forward to since.....well since he retired. I hope he has good news but if not I'll find an old show on the tube and quietly get drunk in the dark....sniff sniff.

DanTSX

Quote from: SaucyRossy on November 07, 2013, 08:12:25 PM
So I've caught up on the thread, my guess is Art is watching a movie or some show or on his ham chatting with Paul.

I'd love to hear a new episode tonight! However if it doesn't happen then life will go on, I just found out tonight that I am going to be an Uncle, so I'm in such a good mood anything that happens will be cool.

If he is chatting to Paul on HAM, then any of you guys out west should be able to listen in with any sideband capable shortwave radio.  He's around 8.200 USB

I can't believe that most of this forum is waiting on baited breath for Art when any of you could listen in to his HF rig.    Shit, if conditions were right, I could pick him up on on of my radios. 

lonevoice

Dear Art and/or Paul, since you're both "here" at the moment,

Would you consider using your test stream to play either MV's (the owner of BellGab) podcast, called "GabCast",  or bateman's (notorious C2C prank caller) podcast of "Dark Weekend?"

My feelers won't be hurt if you don't answer, but it would be uplifting for some of us tonight.

Quote from: Foodlion on November 07, 2013, 08:17:29 PM
While Art's site no longer has the link, it's still here if you direct link to it to read the posts.
http://artbell.com/testing-a-potential-live-streaming-solution/
The link was working last time I checked, but after I restarted my PC I can't find the MP3 streaming link.
I'm sure I could check my temp files and find the direct download llink URL, but I'm busy at the moment and I'm sure the stream is down anyways.

still streaming

live.artbell.com:8303/

Art Bell

Good evening everybody,

I wish I had some news but I have nothing to report. We have had no communication at all from
anybody at Sirius/XM. It was Monday I went off and on Wed we proposed that we act as a
Independent Broadcaster as many other Host's do on Sirius/XM which simply means we get no
pay and are then able to stream or even be on Broadcast stations at the same time. However we
said we would be exclusivly on Sirius/XM and only stream. They said they would activly consider the
proposal and they may well, be but as of yet no word. It is a shame because it woulkd have been a
big hit in my opinion. I will keep you informed of any change.

Art

lightningline

If there was ever a time for a Mass Conciousness expieriment it's now.

eddie dean

Quote from: IcicleTrepan on November 07, 2013, 08:15:31 PM

I will download a Russian bride..... or some weed. ;D
What were we talking about again? ::)

Cynnie

Im wondering if i can sue Art for the 10 stress lbs ive gained ..i need rehab in Fiji

Quote from: (Redacted) on November 07, 2013, 08:14:31 PM
I long for the moment I get to download a '65 Mustang from Pirate Bay.

I'd go for a 1970 'Cuda myself.   Being a Mopar kinda guy

IcicleTrepan

Quote from: Art Bell on November 07, 2013, 08:20:36 PM
Good evening everybody,

I wish I had some news but I have nothing to report. We have had no communication at all from
anybody at Sirius/XM. It was Monday I went off and on Wed we proposed that we act as a
Independent Broadcaster as many other Host's do on Sirius/XM which simply means we get no
pay and are then able to stream or even be on Broadcast stations at the same time. However we
said we would be exclusivly on Sirius/XM and only stream. They said they would activly consider the
proposal and they may well, be but as of yet no word. It is a shame because it woulkd have been a

Art

Thank you for the update Art.

DanTSX

Good evening everybody,

Art

Keep fighting the good fight Art!

steelbot

Good evening everybody,

Art

Would you be up for an interview by the Gabcast Crew tonight?

Good evening everybody,

Art

THanks we really appreciate the updates. Keep them comming if anything changes. If there is anything we can do let us know. THey probably just need more time to consider.

jazmunda

Good evening everybody,

Art

Thanks Art. We'll be here waiting.