• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell Quits Dark Matter

Started by DesertFox, November 01, 2013, 08:13:24 AM

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: George Drooly on November 06, 2013, 02:52:53 AM
"backing up what you say?" I wasn't aware opinions on message boards were held to the same standards as dissertations. I'll go back and footnote all my posts, one sec.

In other words, it's bullshit to have to back up your statements and adhere to standards. Yeah, that's gonna serve you well in life. LOL. Just stay out of Art's way, alright?

HumanBeing

Quote from: tertiaryimam on November 06, 2013, 03:21:12 AM
I think I heard her on Gabcast. She sounded cool enough. I think she meant it as a joke. Who censors their private messages?

Someone who is of fragile mind and possibly behaving abnormally during stressful times.
One who lacks the intelligence to comprehend what is going on.

23Skidoo

Quote from: dortmunder on November 06, 2013, 03:14:33 AM
Something doesn't sit right with me about all of this. All these new accounts, Noory with his crown avatar, doing his little victory dance in the sucks thread, calling the podcast and playing the little angel, the accusations of murder against Art. If I may make a suggestion to MV: If I were you I might want to consider getting rid of anyone who has signed up in the past two days and putting a moritorium on new accounts for a while. I don't know what's going on here, but something just doesn't seem right. Feels like a coup or like there's an agenda to destroy this forum. Either way, it's just getting out of hand.

That's---relatively paranoid, actually.  I signed up last night to figure out what was going on since Art had mentioned this site so many times on the show, and I'm sure the majority of the accounts had a similar mindset. My shock and disappointment that Art Bell had already ended Dark Matter brought me here, although I do kind of like being under consideration as an "evil interloper" by association based on when I started an account.

SciFiAuthor

You know, I originally said "degenerates" but after the last few hours, I have to change that word to lightweights.

tertiaryimam

Quote from: Falkie2013 on November 06, 2013, 03:03:23 AM
Whenever I see your handle all I can think of is a dinosaur wearing a beard and Arabic robes.

That's my driver's license photo, printed on paper then re-scanned. Explain yourself, Falkie!  :o

tertiaryimam

Quote from: Falkie2013 on November 06, 2013, 03:03:23 AM
On a bright note, I got an email from the seller in Arizona who said she finally shipped my video camera yesterday after I've been waiting over a week.
At least I'll be able to film outside for a change without the Imac or Iphone.
Hmm, I wonder how much gas it would take to go to Pahrump and ...
Maybe I could go up to people and ask what their reaction was to Art quitting his show and see what reactions I would get ala Leno. It might be fun.
:)

That would be great. Hell, why not just go around town where you're at and do it?

Heather Wade

Quote from: HumanBeing on November 06, 2013, 03:24:19 AM
Someone who is of fragile mind and possibly behaving abnormally during stressful times.
One who lacks the intelligence to comprehend what is going on.

Someone with a heart.

ziznak

Quote from: Coz on November 06, 2013, 03:03:21 AM
Sure... we'll take legal advice from a guy who thinks "precedence" is a "precedent".

Please stop. It hurts.
hey man nice call in on the spec sheet

Spooky Matter

Quote from: EarthAlien007 on November 06, 2013, 03:02:32 AM
Geez you guys get more nuts all the time. Sirius shouldn't be selling online streaming that doesn't work!

A nutty statement for a nutty statement???

FYI worked just perfect.

morphiaflow

Quote from: HumanBeing on November 06, 2013, 03:20:01 AM
Such dribble from the Zombie faithful.
Such good intentions... yet poorly chosen.
Resist your urge to pontificate. I'm really trying to help you here.

You sorely lack the understanding of this matter. Good lord.

Also, I'm still waiting as well for proof of Art stating he was suicidal or thinking about suicide... I will be waiting a long time. It did not happen in any way shape or form. I have screenshots of the current messages Art posted. So unless it is edited in the future to say such cowardly things as these... I know it did not happen. I actually have proof
>:(

Actually, I'm not of the opinion that he's suicidal--you're completely reading that into my post. I heard the sarcasm in his message. I also heard bitterness and defeat. But I don't think he's going to off himself.

I'm not sure what it is about the situation I don't understand. I've commented very little about the specifics of the deal between Art and Sirius, other than to say I believe there's more than we know and I'm not prepared to rush to a judgment--and that I think it's unfortunate. So I don't need your help, thanks. But if it makes you feel any better, I think there's plenty of blame to go around between them.

But that's irrelevant to the central point that *I* am trying to make...that maybe a little patience and *gasp* civility and decency wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. But I suppose such *humane* behavior is a concept beyond the grasp of a *Human* Being such as yourself.

Jnthn932

Quote from: ziznak on November 06, 2013, 03:27:36 AM
hey man nice call in on the spec sheet
I enjoyed it as well. Perhaps I was wrong about this Coz guy  ;D

spruce tree

Quote from: Seraphim27 on November 06, 2013, 03:12:48 AM
Case in point: OH NO GEORGE DID NOT JUST PLAY "DEPARTURE/RIDE MY SEE-SAW" AS BUMPER MUSIC!

YEEEEEEOUCH, George! DAMN!

See. I like being able to say something like this and having other people understand the agony of it. :)
I have it on as well...
Btw, "george noory sucks" is exactly how I found this place as well ;D

HumanBeing

I'll be the first to say I have been giving it to Art since he pulled this shit.

Eat a dick Art!

My reaction is normal. It is understandable. I will at some point get over it. I am not at that point yet.
I will not and have not attacked his family. Please search my every post. I will not be accused of contributing to some delusional ramblings of a member who thinks they seen Art say that he was suicidal. Nonsense! Show the evidence please. There is none. I have screenshots of what Art posted. No mention of suicide anywhere. So please kindly stfu.

I will exercise my right as a human being to express my emotions and opinions on this matter which I feel very strongly on.
I will respect yours as well.

Art Bell

My goodness I was watching a show on the DVR with my child Bride and come back to this?  Of course I am not going to commit sewerpipe, I said all that tounge in cheek and I did not say anything that was not said here and over and over, spread out over 106 pages or so. My skin as I age is indeed getting thinner but my public skin has never been thicker. I just thought you would like to see how the same words used here would sound coming from me. I have not changed my mind about free streaming and intend to make it a reality one way or the other. I have asked Sirius to allow me to act as a Private Broadcaster, then as other shows do, I could stay on Sirius and would be free to stream all I want.
If they go for that all will be well, It would mean no pay from Sirius but I am good with that, I do not need the money. If Sirius says no, then I will, at the first opportunity stream from artbell.com.

Again, I am sorry that some people invested in a radio or a stream and if a deal is not reached will have lost out. You do not know what
was going on behind the scenes for those six Weeks and if you did I think you might understand, or considering the makeup of some of this
group perhaps not, but I was trying to act in the interest of the listener, not myself.

I still love this board. There is something about the core group that is somewhat loveable and I still feel that way, I do know trolls when I see them, and I can guess where they slime in from. I am toying with the idea of new hours for the show....

There is only one good way to proceed and that is with a better product. That is what I intend to do.

Art

grano salis

Quote from: dortmunder on November 06, 2013, 03:14:33 AM
Something doesn't sit right with me about all of this. All these new accounts, Noory with his crown avatar, doing his little victory dance in the sucks thread, calling the podcast and playing the little angel, the accusations of murder against Art. If I may make a suggestion to MV: If I were you I might want to consider getting rid of anyone who has signed up in the past two days and putting a moritorium on new accounts for a while. I don't know what's going on here, but something just doesn't seem right. Feels like a coup or like there's an agenda to destroy this forum. Either way, it's just getting out of hand.

Well I guess you have to ask yourself what kind of ninny would "have a crown avatar and do a little  victory dance" on a thread that makes vicious fun of him (for YEARS, I might add) .  That  (Noory's appearance) was ridiculous.  Obviously all of the years of CoastGab/BellGab negativity directed towards Noory and C2C hasn't hindered him a bit.  I don't think that there is an "agenda to destroy this forum"or to "destroy Art".  On the contrary, I think these guys are grateful for the attention/publicity  they get from this forum.  Every forum needs new members.  They have a right to their opinions.  We don't have to agree...

tertiaryimam

Quote from: morphiaflow on November 06, 2013, 03:29:13 AM
I'm not sure what it is about the situation I don't understand. I've commented very little about the specifics of the deal between Art and Sirius, other than to say I believe there's more than we know and I'm not prepared to rush to a judgment--and that I think it's unfortunate.

What I don't grasp is what could be going on in his head that would cause him to quit so abruptly. I think he started getting it in his head to quit when he mentioned moving to the Philippines, but I still don't know why. Hmmmng.

morphiaflow

Amen, Art, and good night to you and all here. Even the trolls. Maybe they'll feel better in the morning.

Heather Wade

Quote from: Art Bell on November 06, 2013, 03:30:29 AM
My goodness I was watching a show on the DVR with my child Bride and come back to this?  Of course I am not going to commit sewerpipe, I said all that tounge in cheek and I did not say anything that was not said here and over and over, spread out over 106 pages or so. My skin as I age is indeed getting thinner but my public skin has never been thicker. I just thought you would like to see how the same words used here would sound coming from me. I have not changed my mind about free streaming and intend to make it a reality one way or the other. I have asked Sirius to allow me to act as a Private Broadcaster, then as other shows do, I could stay on Sirius and would be free to stream all I want.
If they go for that all will be well, It would mean no pay from Sirius but I am good with that, I do not need the money. If Sirius says no, then I will, at the first opportunity stream from artbell.com.

Again, I am sorry that some people invested in a radio or a stream and if a deal is not reached will have lost out. You do not know what
was going on behind the scenes for those six Weeks and if you did I think you might understand, or considering the makeup of some of this
group perhaps not, but I was trying to act in the interest of the listener, not myself.

I still love this board. There is something about the core group that is somewhat loveable and I still feel that way, I do know trolls when I see them, and I can guess where they slime in from. I am toying with the idea of new hours for the show....

There is only one good way to proceed and that is with a better product. That is what I intend to do.

Art

;D ;D ;D ;D  8) 8) 8) 8)   (sewerpipe, ha haaa haaa!!)

grano salis

Art

Thank you.

HumanBeing

Quote from: morphiaflow on November 06, 2013, 03:29:13 AM
Actually, I'm not of the opinion that he's suicidal--you're completely reading that into my post. I heard the sarcasm in his message. I also heard bitterness and defeat. But I don't think he's going to off himself.

I'm not sure what it is about the situation I don't understand. I've commented very little about the specifics of the deal between Art and Sirius, other than to say I believe there's more than we know and I'm not prepared to rush to a judgment--and that I think it's unfortunate. So I don't need your help, thanks. But if it makes you feel any better, I think there's plenty of blame to go around between them.

But that's irrelevant to the central point that *I* am trying to make...that maybe a little patience and *gasp* civility and decency wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. But I suppose such *humane* behavior is a concept beyond the grasp of a *Human* Being such as yourself.

I am sorry for not being as perfect as you wished I'd be.

Art, eat a big phat dick!

SciFiAuthor

Art

God damned right Art! You come back with a stronger product and I'm there.

George Drooly

Quote from: Jnthn932 on November 06, 2013, 02:56:07 AM
LOL I'm giving my opinion. Sorry you don't like it. Isn't that exactly what you're doing?

No, you were crying to mommy and daddy (MV) like a fucking sissy. I'm being an adult. You're as much an evader as Art.

morphiaflow

Quote from: tertiaryimam on November 06, 2013, 03:31:43 AM

What I don't grasp is what could be going on in his head that would cause him to quit so abruptly. I think he started getting it in his head to quit when he mentioned moving to the Philippines, but I still don't know why. Hmmmng.

Perhaps I'm just naive enough to take his explanations at (reasonably) face value and not read (yes, I'm going there) a lot of paranoid conspiracy into it, or project my own frustrations onto him or into his words. I'm a trusting sort--I take people at their word. Sue me. Class action.

gbneely

Art

No, I don't know what went on behind the scenes. My desire is for you to keep broadcasting until a solution is reached. I think you've handled this horribly, but you're still the best talent in this field - hands down.

FallenSeraph

Quote from: HumanBeing on November 06, 2013, 03:20:01 AM

Also, I'm still waiting as well for proof of Art stating he was suicidal or thinking about suicide... I will be waiting a long time. It did not happen in any way shape or form. I have screenshots of the current messages Art posted. So unless it is edited in the future to say such cowardly things as these... I know it did not happen. I actually have proof
>:(

I think this sentence is doing it for some people: "So I will now leave and abandon my idea of free streaming along with a life that has now lost all it's meaning."

The "along with" could be read in an ominous tone, as in, is he saying he will also now abandon a life that has lost all its meaning?

FallenSeraph

Oh look - there's Art right up there!!

Damn this thread moves fast!  ;)

tertiaryimam

Art

Why did you quit rather than continue to negotiate with Sirius on your own private stream? And how are you going to deal with a non-compete in case Sirius negotiations go south?

morphiaflow

Quote from: HumanBeing on November 06, 2013, 03:33:59 AM
I am sorry for not being as perfect as you wished I'd be.

Art, eat a big phat dick!

Yes, your apology for not being perfect completely excuses your lack of civility. Accepted.

EarthAlien007

Art

Thank You Art!
Looking forward to whatever you do next.