• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell Quits Dark Matter

Started by DesertFox, November 01, 2013, 08:13:24 AM

23Skidoo

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on November 06, 2013, 03:33:59 AM
God damned right Art! You come back with a stronger product and I'm there.

Come back at all and I'm there. I was loving the show as-is, even though I am one of the ones that DID get the "phantom dropouts" that others have said didn't exist. I'm used to it though because I listen to a lot of shows online and stream a lot of videos, always with mixed results (on various devices and at numerous locations: it's not about the equipment always, sometimes it's the quality of internet service in a geographic location).

I'm so PISSED the Beatles broke up.

HumanBeing

Quote from: morphiaflow on November 06, 2013, 03:36:56 AM
Yes, your apology for not being perfect completely excuses your lack of civility. Accepted.

We agree to disagree. I accept that.

George Drooly

Quote from: morphiaflow on November 06, 2013, 03:12:56 AM
Perhaps. I'm just saying that those slinging around words like "narcissist"

Only a narcissist would get so butt hurt if I called another poster a narcissist

Heather Wade

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on November 06, 2013, 03:37:59 AM
I'm so PISSED the Beatles broke up.

Next thing you know Twinkies will be gone.

Textor

Quote from: Art Bell on November 06, 2013, 03:30:29 AM
I have asked Sirius to allow me to act as a Private Broadcaster, then as other shows do, I could stay on Sirius and would be free to stream all I want.
If they go for that all will be well, It would mean no pay from Sirius but I am good with that, I do not need the money. If Sirius says no, then I will, at the first opportunity stream from artbell.com.

Good to hear, Art.

Question, though I don't know if you can answer it-- is there any possibility they could open up the subscriptions to international consumers? I imagine expanding the market to a lot of those pirating the stream because they have no other viable choice could be a good option for the company-- you'd get more callers/listeners, and Sirius would get more subscribers. And since the internet doesn't require specialized satellites over other continents, they won't have to necessarily invest in any other infrastructure outside of some international servers.

George Drooly

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on November 06, 2013, 03:22:52 AM
In other words, it's bullshit to have to back up your statements and adhere to standards. Yeah, that's gonna serve you well in life. LOL. Just stay out of Art's way, alright?

The same Art who's gonna give us "the full story"? Har

tertiaryimam

My goodness I was watching a show on the DVR with my child Bride and come back to this?  Of course I am not going to commit sewerpipe, I said all that tounge in cheek and I did not say anything that was not said here and over and over, spread out over 106 pages or so. My skin as I age is indeed getting thinner but my public skin has never been thicker. I just thought you would like to see how the same words used here would sound coming from me. I have not changed my mind about free streaming and intend to make it a reality one way or the other. I have asked Sirius to allow me to act as a Private Broadcaster, then as other shows do, I could stay on Sirius and would be free to stream all I want.
If they go for that all will be well, It would mean no pay from Sirius but I am good with that, I do not need the money. If Sirius says no, then I will, at the first opportunity stream from artbell.com.

Again, I am sorry that some people invested in a radio or a stream and if a deal is not reached will have lost out. You do not know what
was going on behind the scenes for those six Weeks and if you did I think you might understand, or considering the makeup of some of this
group perhaps not, but I was trying to act in the interest of the listener, not myself.

I still love this board. There is something about the core group that is somewhat loveable and I still feel that way, I do know trolls when I see them, and I can guess where they slime in from. I am toying with the idea of new hours for the show....

There is only one good way to proceed and that is with a better product. That is what I intend to do.

Art

While we're at it:

Is it your contention that Sirius is currently in breach of contract?

I think "at the first opportunity" is the operative word here.

Producer-Paul

Quote from: Seraphim27 on November 06, 2013, 03:36:14 AM
Oh look - there's Art right up there!!

Damn this thread moves fast!  ;)

And I thought I was going to get some sleep tonight... 

Jnthn932

Quote from: George Drooly on November 06, 2013, 03:34:30 AM
No, you were crying to mommy and daddy (MV) like a fucking sissy. I'm being an adult. You're as much an evader as Art.
HAHAHA poor little boy are your feelings hurt because someone voiced an opinion you don't agree with? HAHAHA it's ok. I bet it really sucks being you in real life. Have a good night kiddo. Arts coming back!

Heather Wade

Quote from: Producer-Paul on November 06, 2013, 03:44:52 AM

Heh, no way.   ;D

Are we there yet?

someguy

Quote from: Producer-Paul on November 06, 2013, 03:44:52 AM

you're an art bell fan, there's never any sleep at night

Since the middle of September there has been one game in town. I have to say I'm happy that neither you Art nor Paul have turned away from this forum.

ziznak

Art I'm glad you have been posting and trying to explain things... really hope you can work something out.  Don't let all the negativity here sway you.  This thread has turned into a shitspam troll pit.

Jnthn932

Quote from: ziznak on November 06, 2013, 03:50:21 AM
Art I'm glad you have been posting and trying to explain things... really hope you can work something out.  Don't let all the negativity here sway you.  This thread has turned into a shitspam troll pit.
Well said.

Art Bell

It is about time for bed for me but to answer your question, yes free for all including people anywhere in the World. No,
I do not think Sirius is in any breach of contract, however their streaming did not work right a fact they admitted to me
along with things I am not at liberty to talk about here because they were given in confidence. I hope it works out but
either way I will attempt to do exactly as I said I would.

Taking my thin skin to bed now..Art

Art, you showed more attention to those having the occasional trouble with the internet stream using a free trial than those loyal listeners who signed up and had radios ready to go for your first show back. To leave those people in the lurch when SiriusXM promised a long term solution to the stream issues is wrong, plain and simple. We waited years, you gave us six weeks.   

hitfan

I'm listening to the Spec Sheet podcast right now.

Holy crap, George Noory actually called in!  And he actually sounded engaged and interesting.

Maybe George Noory would be a better C2C host if he only hosted one day per week--give him 6 days to reset his batteries and focus all of his energy on a single weekly show.

Quote from: hitfan on November 06, 2013, 03:53:36 AM
Maybe George Noory would be a better C2C host if he only hosted one day per week--give him 6 days to reset his batteries and focus all of his energy on a single weekly show.

I'd stomach one night of Noory if George Knapp was the regular host the rest of the time, heh.

Jnthn932

Quote from: Art Bell on November 06, 2013, 03:52:04 AM
It is about time for bed for me but to answer your question, yes free for all including people anywhere in the World. No,
I do not think Sirius is in any breach of contract, however their streaming did not work right a fact they admitted to me
along with things I am not at liberty to talk about here because they were given in confidence. I hope it works out but
either way I will attempt to do exactly as I said I would.

Taking my thin skin to bed now..Art
LOL thanks for clearing things up some Art. Hope to HEAR from you soon.

I have not changed my mind about free streaming and intend to make it a reality one way or the other. I have asked Sirius to allow me to act as a Private Broadcaster, then as other shows do, I could stay on Sirius and would be free to stream all I want. If they go for that all will be well, It would mean no pay from Sirius but I am good with that, I do not need the money. If Sirius says no, then I will, at the first opportunity stream from artbell.com.
I'm happy to hear there's still a chance to hear you back on SiriusXM especially given the motions your fanbase has gone through to follow you.

Again, I am sorry that some people invested in a radio or a stream and if a deal is not reached will have lost out. You do not know what
was going on behind the scenes for those six Weeks and if you did I think you might understand, or considering the makeup of some of this
group perhaps not, but I was trying to act in the interest of the listener, not myself.
If you are serious about acting in the best interest of the listener - and I think (hope) you are - then there is still a chance to redeem this show for your audience. There's time to work on the streaming end of things even if you have to take the Dreamland approach to things and not take any calls. We would all listen, we're ready for whatever you have to give. But you also have to understand that until we hear that voice again we're also frustrated. As you've undoubtedly seen by now.

I still love this board. There is something about the core group that is somewhat loveable and I still feel that way, I do know trolls when I see them, and I can guess where they slime in from. I am toying with the idea of new hours for the show....
Can't possibly express how good it is to hear even a hint of possibility that there might be new content in the near future.

Jnthn932

Quote from: SixWeekTenure on November 06, 2013, 03:55:14 AM
I'd stomach one night of Noory if George Knapp was the regular host the rest of the time, heh.
Have you listened to Darkness radio? Dave Schrader is excellent. Him and Knapp would be ideal. Let's be honest though. Never gonna happen lol.

Nighthawk

My goodness I was watching a show on the DVR with my child Bride and come back to this?  Of course I am not going to commit sewerpipe, I said all that tounge in cheek and I did not say anything that was not said here and over and over, spread out over 106 pages or so. My skin as I age is indeed getting thinner but my public skin has never been thicker. I just thought you would like to see how the same words used here would sound coming from me. I have not changed my mind about free streaming and intend to make it a reality one way or the other. I have asked Sirius to allow me to act as a Private Broadcaster, then as other shows do, I could stay on Sirius and would be free to stream all I want.

There is only one good way to proceed and that is with a better product. That is what I intend to do.

Art

Glad your not going to commit sewer pipe Art! I know a few on here were terribly worried you were. Good thing you came back to say that. I can say even myself I have had some friends do that and it is indeed the worst thing in the world that could ever happen. Thanks Art! We all love you.

Spooky Matter

Quote from: SixWeekTenure on November 06, 2013, 03:52:14 AM
Art, you showed more attention to those having the occasional trouble with the internet stream using a free trial than those loyal listeners who signed up and had radios ready to go for your first show back. To leave those people in the lurch when SiriusXM promised a long term solution to the stream issues is wrong, plain and simple. We waited years, you gave us six weeks.   
I don't think anyone can say this better.  True, clear and correct.

tertiaryimam

Quote from: Agent : Orange on November 06, 2013, 03:56:48 AM
I'm happy to hear there's still a chance to hear you back on SiriusXM especially given the motions your fanbase has gone through to follow you.
If you are serious about acting in the best interest of the listener - and I think (hope) you are - then there is still a chance to redeem this show for your audience. There's time to work on the streaming end of things even if you have to take the Dreamland approach to things and not take any calls. We would all listen, we're ready for whatever you have to give. But you also have to understand that until we hear that voice again we're also frustrated. As you've undoubtedly seen by now.
Can't possibly express how good it is to hear even a hint of possibility that there might be new content in the near future.

The best thing for the listener is to have a show. He quit because of live streaming issues --- he says. Think about this for a moment: "If I can't have a glitch free show live, there'll be no show at all." Why? Because the callers are bad? Is there a single solitary soul in all of existence who would say, "If art's shit can't stream live glitch free then I'd rather it not exist!" or "If art keeps getting these blithering idiots for callers --- Bellgabbers not included --- then I'll just turn him off an go elsewhere." No. This makes zero sense.

Quote from: Jnthn932 on November 06, 2013, 03:58:07 AM
Have you listened to Darkness radio? Dave Schrader is excellent. Him and Knapp would be ideal. Let's be honest though. Never gonna happen lol.

I haven't but thanks for the suggestion! After checking out his website, I noticed he had an archive to download from so I'll take some samples and see what I think.  ;)

Jnthn932

Quote from: SixWeekTenure on November 06, 2013, 04:03:12 AM
I haven't but thanks for the suggestion! After checking out his website, I noticed he had an archive to download from so I'll take some samples and see what I think.  ;)
If you have Tunein they're all there as well.

WOTR

Art
Woohoo.  Good enough for me to go nap now.  No doubt some will still complain, but I love the post.