• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Steve Warner's Dark City

Started by bateman, October 27, 2013, 03:54:49 PM

HorrorRetro

Quote from: bateman on April 15, 2015, 02:14:32 PM
https://soundcloud.com/darkcityfm/bob-mitchell-intrusion

8)

YES! I'm going camping tonight and tomorrow, and I just downloaded this. Can't wait to listen to this way out in the woods.  8)

bateman

Quote from: cweb on April 17, 2015, 07:12:28 AM
I hate iTunes and that ecosystem, but I wrote a review for yeeeew.

Thankfully it didn't force me to update iTunes to do so...  ::)

Thank yeeeewwww, sir. And yes, iTunes is a complete pain in the ass with their constant updates.

Quote from: Tarbaby on April 16, 2015, 07:12:42 AM
returnIt is obvious to me that in his book, intrusions, Mr. Mitchell has bought into the delusions of other people. He doesn't realize the propensity of human beings to project Zenophobic/alarmist fantasy when experiencing states of subjective reality. Like dreaming or other states of   semi conscious awareness.
   I considered the possibility that he is aware of the delusional aspect of the material and was purposely exploiting it to write the book. But other things he said, like his connection to mufon an his readiness to unquestionably accept and believe these paranormal stories no matter how overtly bizarre along with other accounts he mentions prompt me to conclude he is gullible rather than exploitative.

You have to look at the totality of the experience and the striking similarities of people's stories. They're such elaborate experiences too, these sound nothing like acid trips - maybe a bit like DMT, but even that doesn't account for all of the details. And encounters with 'machine elves' during DMT trips tend to be positive experiences, not terrifying medical procedures.

Quote from: Tarbaby on April 17, 2015, 10:53:31 AM
I mean, I mean… Mitchell talks about the number of people who go missing every year for which there is no explanation and concludes that they must be being used as a food source for aliens. How ridiculous is this logic? And then he adds, "what else could it be?" What an idiot.

Heh, well that one I don't buy into, and the only reason I didn't press him on it was because I knew the answer would be:

wr250

Quote from: Tarbaby on April 17, 2015, 10:53:31 AM
I mean, I mean… Mitchell talks about the number of people who go missing every year for which there is no explanation and concludes that they must be being used as a food source for aliens. How ridiculous is this logic? And then he adds, "what else could it be?" What an idiot.
bigfoot.

bateman

Quote from: HorrorRetro on April 17, 2015, 11:16:01 AM
YES! I'm going camping tonight and tomorrow, and I just downloaded this. Can't wait to listen to this way out in the woods.  8)

I'm sure you'll be fine.

Quote from: bateman on April 17, 2015, 02:49:19 PM
I'm sure you'll be fine.

Jeeeeesus!!  Now I'll NEVER get to sleep!!   :P

Tarbaby

Yes comma I have given thought to the similarities of stories period especially as related, collated and presented by people like Mitchell period but people are influenced greatly by mass social chatter comma magazine comma books such as those from Whitley Strieber, etc.    I am sure it stems from the same internal paranoid fantasies that are the source of religions all over the world period only in this case it results in  "stories" about Alien abductions.  The fact that all the accounts are similar doesn't mean they're true comma it just means they had a common influence period and don't forget comma the stories were hand selected period it's the phenomena of self-fulfilling prophecy like sightings of Bigfoot comma black-eyed children comma the thin man whatever… all of these phenomena begin as paranoid hysterical individual speculation and then spread over the decades as word spreads amongst the social environment period building with each repetition period of course they sound similar because people have heard the stories and the subconscious mind bills and refines the story period there is no objective truth or reality,that's where it breaks down.
   What I am trying to say is this is a fundamental structural part of the human psyche and bicameral brain development.

Roswells, Art

Quote from: Tarbaby on April 18, 2015, 08:09:24 AM
Yes comma I have given thought to the similarities of stories period especially as related, collated and presented by people like Mitchell period but people are influenced greatly by mass social chatter comma magazine comma books such as those from Whitley Strieber, etc.    I am sure it stems from the same internal paranoid fantasies that are the source of religions all over the world period only in this case it results in  "stories" about Alien abductions.  The fact that all the accounts are similar doesn't mean they're true comma it just means they had a common influence period and don't forget comma the stories were hand selected period it's the phenomena of self-fulfilling prophecy like sightings of Bigfoot comma black-eyed children comma the thin man whatever… all of these phenomena begin as paranoid hysterical individual speculation and then spread over the decades as word spreads amongst the social environment period building with each repetition period of course they sound similar because people have heard the stories and the subconscious mind bills and refines the story period there is no objective truth or reality,that's where it breaks down.
   What I am trying to say is this is a fundamental structural part of the human psyche and bicameral brain development.

I appreciate your perspective but why are you spelling out 'comma' (question mark)

astroguy

Probably because it was speech to text and it didn't realize that that comma was supposed to be a , period

HorrorRetro

Quote from: bateman on April 17, 2015, 02:49:19 PM
I'm sure you'll be fine.

Great show! I made it home safely. I experienced no midnight Weebering, at least that I recall.  :o

Tarbaby

Quote from: Roswells, Art on April 18, 2015, 02:00:47 PM
I appreciate your perspective but why are you spelling out 'comma' (question mark)
yes, as Astro guY suggest, I am blind and use Siri and voice over. Lately Siri has been spelling out punctuation, don't know why. Probably an artifact of the recent 8.3 upgrade to the OS. and when I spellcheck a post it's difficult to differentiate actual punctuation from pronounced punctuation. will redouble my efforts.

But, my point is when facing the unknown having lack of evidence humans are generally prone to want to believe. It's an offshoot of our fundamental survival imperative.IMO. Subconsciously we want to feel that we have acquired some knowledge which will increase our survival chances. If there is evidence or proof available we will focus in that direction but sans proof the bulk of humanity believes in whatever  hypothesis supports our  paranoid fantasies.

I need to make a soundcloud account so I can comment on the soundcloud stream in the areas when the guest says something interesting.

bateman

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on April 22, 2015, 03:33:41 PM
I need to make a soundcloud account so I can comment on the soundcloud stream in the areas when the guest says something interesting.

Go for it, only takes a minute.

Hey Art Bell listeners, are you all eagerly awaiting Art's return as much as me?  Until that time comes, are you tired of hearing the passionless cue-card questions with inadequate followups that are offered by the current Art Bell alternative? Well I've got good news for you, Steve Warner feels your pain! Tune in to Dark City at https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/steve-warners-dark-city/id775088884?mt=2 or https://soundcloud.com/darkcityfm/

bateman

Quote from: Humilia Lepus Foramen on April 22, 2015, 07:37:23 PM
Hey Art Bell listeners, are you all eagerly awaiting Art's return as much as me?  Until that time comes, are you tired of hearing the passionless cue-card questions with inadequate followups that are offered by the current Art Bell alternative? Well I've got good news for you, Steve Warner feels your pain! Tune in to Dark City at https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/steve-warners-dark-city/id775088884?mt=2 or https://soundcloud.com/darkcityfm/

First I laughed. Then I got mad at Phil Hartman's wife.

lonevoice

Two weeks!  Why?  Why you do this to me?

Hey

Just wanted to drop by and say hello and thanks for all the free entertainment. Making my way through the shows, not caught up yet, but savoring each one. :)

The most interesting new approach for me with respect to the UFO business has been Greg Bishop's stance that was generally adopted in the film Mirage Men. The combination of psyops and experimental aircraft would have been just the right mix to perk up my ears back in the days when Art was on the air and I'm enjoying how this show has explored that general theme. So it's nice to hear Ty Rogoway (sp?) and others expand a bit on aspects of the air defense and secret projects that are apparently behind the scenes. Other than the information on these shows I have not done much reading on the Bennewitz/Doty affair and I found that story also extremely interesting.

Actually a lot of the "contactee" stories from the fifties and sixties take on a different (and much more sinister) air when examined with the idea that high grade psychedelics and narcotics were being commonly experimented with as weapons and interrogation methods during that timeframe. After all, how many of the contactees had to eat or drink something before they had their claimed experiences? I feel it adds a bit to the eerie atmosphere around some of these stories regardless of their actual nature.

WhiteCrow

Quote from: Tarbaby on April 22, 2015, 09:34:04 AM
yes, as Astro guY suggest, I am blind and use Siri and voice over.

I love you Tarbaby, Period. Keep posting!

WhiteCrow

Quote from: Tarbaby on April 22, 2015, 09:34:04 AM

But, my point is when facing the unknown having lack of evidence humans are generally prone to want to believe. It's an offshoot of our fundamental survival imperative.IMO. Subconsciously we want to feel that we have acquired some knowledge which will increase our survival chances. If there is evidence or proof available we will focus in that direction but sans proof the bulk of humanity believes in whatever  hypothesis supports our  paranoid fantasies.

^^^^ Exactly. Being raised by paranormal du jour parents, early on I became a skeptic that finds most everything about the various genres highly entertaining. Once in awhile the scammers that get overly greedy upset me, until I remember, a fool and his money will soon be parted.
Anyway, with your understanding about the "fundamental survival imperative" would it be correct to assume, that you are fundamentally a paranormal skeptic. And if so, why do follow the subject matter? 

pate

Quote from: bateman on April 22, 2015, 11:46:48 PM
First I laughed. Then I got mad at Phil Hartman's wife.

Hey man,

You only get divorced from the shoe once!

Love,

-pate

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: WhiteCrow on May 03, 2015, 04:01:42 AM
^^^^ Exactly. Being raised by paranormal du jour parents, early on I became a skeptic that finds most everything about the various genres highly entertaining. Once in awhile the scammers that get overly greedy upset me, until I remember, a fool and his money will soon be parted.
Anyway, with your understanding about the "fundamental survival imperative" would it be correct to assume, that you are fundamentally a paranormal skeptic. And if so, why do follow the subject matter?

It depends what you think scepticism is. Sceptics don't automatically dismiss things out of hand; they usually simply ask that evidence based facts are presented. It isn't for the sceptic to prove a negative. I for one will listen to anything up to the point where the presenter is obviously talking bollox or trying to insult my intelligence. The CT's (I'm not suggesting you're one) always come unstuck on the same things. And when they know they've painted themselves into a corner they go on the attack and try to wriggle out by spouting yet more bollox or try to obfuscate the topic at hand.

pate

WhiteCrow

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on May 03, 2015, 04:14:57 AM
It depends what you think scepticism is. Sceptics don't automatically dismiss things out of hand; they usually simply ask that evidence based facts are presented. It isn't for the sceptic to prove a negative. I for one will listen to anything up to the point where the presenter is obviously talking bollox or trying to insult my intelligence. The CT's (I'm not suggesting you're one) always come unstuck on the same things. And when they know they've painted themselves into a corner they go on the attack and try to wriggle out by spouting yet more bollox or try to obfuscate the topic at hand.

"It depends what you think scepticism is" Non believer would be a better word to describe me.
I don't spend anytime trying to prove or disprove anything considered paranormal.
It's 'all' entertainment, it'd be like trying to prove or disprove a comedian's jokes.
Don't know what CT is? 

pate

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on May 03, 2015, 05:11:50 AM
CT  Conspiracy theorist.

YOu say that, I maiy (did I miss May Day {May 1st? Commie puke holiday???} much love brio!),

erm.  Yeah, and her'e is a video of a cute young lass ( in my book ") becusz I canna find the one of that video game that haz US annexing Canada...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhZuYNUj4Lw

Huh, you old hard-heart, she's perfect....

Just now listening to Rand Flem-Ath interview (only about 24 shows until I'm caught up :o ). Mentioned a home studio, two shows a week, and more radio affiliates.  Has this happened already?  How do terrestrial radio stations broadcast the show if it doesn't have a consistent broadcast length (i.e. shows range from 1-3 hours)?  Sorry if it's been covered already.

bateman

Quote from: Humilia Lepus Foramen on May 04, 2015, 06:46:37 AM
Just now listening to Rand Flem-Ath interview (only about 24 shows until I'm caught up :o ). Mentioned a home studio, two shows a week, and more radio affiliates.  Has this happened already?  How do terrestrial radio stations broadcast the show if it doesn't have a consistent broadcast length (i.e. shows range from 1-3 hours)?  Sorry if it's been covered already.

The home studio has become a running joke in here. I take forever to do anything, and this is no exception. I bought the last of the cabling this past week though, so as far as I know, I don't need anything else to fire it all up.

The first station is a go at the end of this month, according to the last email I got. Length is something I've been vacillating on. 2 hours or 3. I may do 2 hours terrestrial and anything over that would be podcast and on DMRN. 

As far as 2 shows a week, people have been demanding that for a while, but until I have this whole thing running like a well-oiled machine, I'm holding off.

bateman

Quote from: Agent : Orange on May 02, 2015, 09:35:13 PM
Hey

Just wanted to drop by and say hello and thanks for all the free entertainment. Making my way through the shows, not caught up yet, but savoring each one. :)

The most interesting new approach for me with respect to the UFO business has been Greg Bishop's stance that was generally adopted in the film Mirage Men. The combination of psyops and experimental aircraft would have been just the right mix to perk up my ears back in the days when Art was on the air and I'm enjoying how this show has explored that general theme. So it's nice to hear Ty Rogoway (sp?) and others expand a bit on aspects of the air defense and secret projects that are apparently behind the scenes. Other than the information on these shows I have not done much reading on the Bennewitz/Doty affair and I found that story also extremely interesting.

I've enjoyed digging into that. What Kevin Randle told me about Moon Dust made my eyes widen, and I thought back to what Ty Rogoway said about burying experimental aircraft on site. It's fun trying to put the puzzle pieces together.

Quote from: bateman on May 04, 2015, 04:07:49 PM
The home studio has become a running joke in here. I take forever to do anything, and this is no exception. I bought the last of the cabling this past week though, so as far as I know, I don't need anything else to fire it all up.

The first station is a go at the end of this month, according to the last email I got. Length is something I've been vacillating on. 2 hours or 3. I may do 2 hours terrestrial and anything over that would be podcast and on DMRN. 

As far as 2 shows a week, people have been demanding that for a while, but until I have this whole thing running like a well-oiled machine, I'm holding off.

Yeah no worries, was just wondering about that.  Quality over quantity is a good strategy, but imo that latest interview with Dr. Birnes shows you can handle those longer interviews just fine.