• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Steve Warner's Dark City

Started by bateman, October 27, 2013, 03:54:49 PM

popple

Me after listening to Bateman's Dark Weekend show.

Every. Single. Time.  8)

Foodlion

Great show bateman. I stayed up til 3am listening to the archives.

bateman

Quote from: popple on August 18, 2014, 01:55:43 PM
Me after listening to Bateman's Dark Weekend show.

Every. Single. Time.  8)
I like this Popple kid.

bateman

Quote from: Foodlion on August 18, 2014, 02:22:44 PM
Great show bateman. I stayed up til 3am listening to the archives.

Thank yeewww sir, I appreciate it.

Tarbaby

Barney and Betty's Niece. UFO researcher. I liked it. Fun/interesting show. Excellent job by Steve. She certainly seems to believe in the whole phenomena without reservation. when Steve asked her how she could tell if subjectss were confabulating she said well, I just ask them if this really happened. I assume she meant she asked them well they were under hypnosis… But still… I don't feel that is convincing evidence. A somewhat better tactic (As Steve asked her)    is the use of control questions, I would think.

Foodlion

Quote from: bateman on August 18, 2014, 07:09:50 PM
I like this Popple kid.

My sister had a popple toy. Those little hedge hog type things that roll into balls?

Not sure why I never matched the name until now.

Tarbaby

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on August 17, 2014, 08:22:09 PM
New name for Dark Weekend? I guess it makes it easier to differentiate between the Dark Weekend and the Dark Matter Network.
and also "darkness radio", the Dave Schrader podcast. Avoiding Lissner confusion.

popple

Quote from: bateman on August 18, 2014, 07:09:50 PM
I like this Popple kid.

"I didn't make this kid pass out on my floor. Popple wanted to be here!"  - (Rave master) Bateman

Bart Ell

Quote from: bateman on August 17, 2014, 04:10:59 PM
Tonight at 10: Kathleen Marden, niece of Betty Hill, author, and MUFON’s International Director of Abduction Research.

Kathleen has some fantastic new evidence! I am sure we all knew about Barney and his experience with aliens but the photographic proof that Kathleen provided of her aunt is incredible.

bateman

Quote from: Bart Ell on August 19, 2014, 08:45:18 PM
Kathleen has some fantastic new evidence! I am sure we all knew about Barney and his experience with aliens but the photographic proof that Kathleen provided of her aunt is incredible.

I can't look at this without hearing the voice. You son of a bitch.

Morgus

Quote from: bateman on August 19, 2014, 09:05:10 PM
I can't look at this without hearing the voice. You son of a bitch.
Do you mean Harvey Korman's voice? He did  the voice of the "Great Gazoo"

bateman

Quote from: Morgus on August 20, 2014, 12:49:24 AM
Do you mean Harvey Korman's voice? He did  the voice of the "Great Gazoo"

Exactly.

cweb

My usual positive comment as to the quality of the show. I'm glad Kathleen is willing to look at hypnosis as something that is not the solution for everything.

I too have experienced a state similar to when you saw the pirate head. I was 7 or 8, was reading in bed, and looked up to my right to see and hear a wolf-man-like creature who lunged at me roaring. It lasted about 5 seconds until I looked away and then back to see it gone. There were other instances where I would have "waking dreams" somewhere between asleep and awake as a child. But they were usually so ridiculous and void of physical evidence that I've written them all off as an active imagination. And sugary cereal before bed.

Best of luck clearing any copyright hurdles in the way of renaming your show. If all else fails, just call it "Darker Weekend." It's like the old one, but...better!  8)

Mhayhurst

Loved the show Bateman! Great work as always!

Gemstone

Quote from: Mhayhurst on August 21, 2014, 12:17:21 PM
Loved the show Bateman! Great work as always!
It was excellent.

Foodlion

Hey bate, whens the next show?

Ms. C

Show was enjoyable, as always!

Thanks for the great work!

WildCard

Quote from: Foodlion on August 21, 2014, 03:45:16 PM
Apparently not tonight. Somebody, "wants to ride a space whale to Jupiter."

I've been catching up the last few days, after dealing with my own few months of hell on earth.  I missed some seriously great shows, the urban legends and art heist shows particularly.  I'm surprised that you keep pulling me more into the ufo stuff having never really been that crazy for it.  Greg Bishop, Michael Schratt, and Stephen Bassett especially had really compelling things to say. 

I've said it and others have said it but your best shows really are the closest thing to listening to Art, I still get 'those' chills when your guests get going and you can just feel it, that they're hitting upon something.  Something forbidden and otherwordly, puts your mind in a great place.  Can't imagine what it's like on your end, speaking directly to them.

bateman

Quote from: Foodlion on August 21, 2014, 03:45:16 PM

Booking this weekend now. Ask me if I like booking. Hint: the answer isn't "yes".

Quote from: TheMan WhoFell ToEarth on August 28, 2014, 06:30:51 AM
I've been catching up the last few days, after dealing with my own few months of hell on earth.  I missed some seriously great shows, the urban legends and art heist shows particularly.  I'm surprised that you keep pulling me more into the ufo stuff having never really been that crazy for it.  Greg Bishop, Michael Schratt, and Stephen Bassett especially had really compelling things to say. 

I've said it and others have said it but your best shows really are the closest thing to listening to Art, I still get 'those' chills when your guests get going and you can just feel it, that they're hitting upon something.  Something forbidden and otherwordly, puts your mind in a great place.  Can't imagine what it's like on your end, speaking directly to them.

Thank you sir, I get those chills too when we hit a stride, and the Art comparison is the best compliment I could ask for.

P.S. Hope things are looking up.

Quote from: bateman on August 28, 2014, 04:32:57 PM
Booking this weekend now. Ask me if I like booking. Hint: the answer isn't "yes".

Thank you sir, I get those chills too when we hit a stride, and the Art comparison is the best compliment I could ask for.

man you are sort of like bell, mystic comments. 'things are looking up"

should I stay tuned for an announcement as to what that means.

George Drooly

Bateman you gotta have someone on about underground bunkers, prepping, survivalism, etc.

bateman

Quote from: nooryisawesome on August 28, 2014, 11:47:53 PM
man you are sort of like bell, mystic comments. 'things are looking up"

should I stay tuned for an announcement as to what that means.

Quote from: TheMan WhoFell ToEarth on August 28, 2014, 06:30:51 AM
... dealing with my own few months of hell on earth.

Capiche?

bateman

Quote from: George Drooly on August 29, 2014, 01:00:49 AM
Bateman you gotta have someone on about underground bunkers, prepping, survivalism, etc.

I like this idea.

bateman

popple

My aviary nickname would be Agile tit-tyrant. And if I was a tyrant I would ban Dark Weekend being on less than 7 days a week.

Thanks, I'm looking forward to the next show.  It'll be the first I've gotten to listen to 'fresh' in a few months.

Gemstone

Quote from: bateman on August 29, 2014, 10:20:10 PM
A supposed member of The Aviary will be on the show this weekend.

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/sociopolitica/esp_sociopol_aviary01.htm

It sounds very interesting! Look forward to listening.

George Drooly

Quote from: bateman on August 29, 2014, 10:19:46 PM
I like this idea.

Would be interesting to get someone who prepared for every non-apocalypse of the last couple decades (Cold War, Y2K, 2012, etc.) and see if they've changed their thoughts.

Or you could just interview Jazmunda's mother, who I've kept in my laundry room since 1982.

onan

Quote from: George Drooly on August 31, 2014, 03:33:20 AM
Or you could just interview Jazmunda's mother, who I've kept in my laundry room since 1982.

OR has she kept you? Something to consider, my friend.