• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Mike Bara

Started by expat, October 24, 2013, 04:14:41 PM

expat

This nauseating person, who once called a female critic a cunt and advised her not to have children -- who insinuated that two male critics must be homosexual (to him, that's an insult you see) -- this person who makes ridiculous errors every time he writes about science --- is going to do the full C2C show next Monday, plugging his new book Ancient Aliens on Mars.

Bad timing, because the book isn't even out yet, so how can we possibly phone in with relevant questions? Instead, here's a point-by-point critical review of his previous book. Please try and get past Tommy to ask Mike to explain himself.

ziznak

Dear Lawd please say it ain't so??  Did he do his latest cover art in mspaint again?  Are you going to call in or at this point is it becoming more and more clear that he's not willing to take questions from the educated?

You and Astro must be very proud of that shout out he gave in his last book!  I don't recall knowing that he mentioned you guys before.

I wanted to put up some links here for everybody in regard to bara and HOE-LEEE-SHIT
He definitely DID do the his new cover art in mspaint again... In fact he just redid the same cover from his Moon book just changing the backdrop to Mars.

He's Hoaglands lil boytoy.  area51drone you may see my banned from coastgab bara/hoagland photoshop after all!
For those of you who don't know here's a little reading to accompany Expats very detailed explanation of how wrong this guy really is.
http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Mike_Bara  Guess who we find here in the footnotes! haha

expat

Quote from: ziznak on October 24, 2013, 07:05:27 PM
You and Astro must be very proud of that shout out he gave in his last book! 

I do kind-of treasure it, yes. For those who aren't familiar with it, here it is. THIS ACTUALLY APPEARED IN PRINT:

Quote from: Mike Bara"Stuart Robbins has a long history of false and utterly silly accusations against me and Mr. Hoagland, and frequently teams up with someone calling himself "Expat" to attack us within hours of anything we post. "Expat" in fact has made a habit of stalking my radio appearances to ask me in-depth questions along the lines of "are you still beating your wife?" "

Actually, my question when he appeared before was not "are you still beating your wife?" but "This is what you wrote on p.34 of The Choice -- [reads a paragraph] -- do you realize that's bollocks? [or a word to that effect]"

Mike's reply: "I never said that"
LOL

expat

coaster

What a mouth-breather that Bara is. It is nice though seeing the mentally handicapped attempt to write a book. Any time you see "Bara is a moron" on your blog, rest assured, 'twas me.

ziznak

redid his cover for him

ziznak

Coast To Coast Am - October 28 2013 - Mars Anomalies
about 55 minutes in BARA states that ASTRO was wrong... what was he wrong about? something scientific? astrological? mathematic? orbital? ANATOMICAL? something that really matters? NOOOOO... apparently Stuart was wrong about where one of Baras shitty pics came from!! lol... and he felt full of himself...

Damn astro he's got you on the ropes now ....

saucerlike

Quote from: Binaryspellbook on October 25, 2013, 07:53:19 AM
Here's a quick look at the type of person Mike Bara is.
http://binaryspellbook.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/bara/

Here's another http://binaryspellbook.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk

DJE

Wow, that's some egregious shit there...  I bought in to some ridiculous shit when I first started listening to c2c style shows, but to think you can prove physics wrong?!  :o   Numbers don't lie, how can anyone make these claims?  It's practically criminal

Uncle Duke

And this guy is any worse than many, if not most, of the guests in C2C?  The majority are grifters and con men looking to hawk some vanity press book, silly ass DVD, or appearance at a "conference".  Granted, some are more annoying and/or delusional than others, but we've already established the kind of people we're dealing with on C2C.

RedMichael

Quote from: Uncle Duke on October 31, 2013, 09:47:32 AM
And this guy is any worse than many, if not most, of the guests in C2C?  The majority are grifters and con men looking to hawk some vanity press book, silly ass DVD, or appearance at a "conference".  Granted, some are more annoying and/or delusional than others, but we've already established the kind of people we're dealing with on C2C.

Yes he is. Or more stupid. He stepped in the realm of science and is trying to prove science wrong or hope people don't know anything about science, etc etc. He does this repeatedly then he personally attacks anyone who disagrees with him.

So unlike people who have UFO encounters, ghosts, etc etc they are in the realm of "I experienced these things" or someone who can do something supernatural "I can teleport or talk to the dead" where you can take it or leave, but they only have anecdotal evidence to go by.

Here Bara is actually going past that and stepping into the realm of science. I would say kudos for him for having the balls to stick his neck out there but judging by the insane bullshit he constantly throws out there it is obvious it is not bravery but arrogance and stupidity. A combination only a few people can pull off...luckily.

Yes C2C/DM is plagued with con-men but none seem to be dumb enough or brave enough to actually go as far as to argue with actual science. They are just short of proof or vague enough that you know they are full of shit but they don't give a scientific argument that you can go "Ya, thats wrong..." And when Bara tries to talk scientifically he is wrong almost always...to the extent that when he has a small point right, it has to be an accident.

Bara is a tool and his personal attacks have warranted the negative attention he receives. Whether someone here or there agrees or not.

Disclaimer: Lets continue to stay focused on Bara in the Mike Bara thread.

Uncle Duke

*laughs* This guy was not using/arguing science anymore than the other nutsacks C2C trot out.  In fact, most of these guys claim they are using a scientific approach, but they can say anything they want to.  Sadly, they use sciency-sounding buzz words/phrases, claim to have their own labs, drop names of legit science experts, and flaunt phony degrees from diploma mills.  None of those things make guys like Bara, Hoagland, Warren, and the rest scientists.

What's really funny is the number of listeners who fall for these grifters, then parrot back the line of double-talk bullshit they hear from these guys.  I almost wet myself in laughter listening to some gal the other night who told the story of taking a tour at a NASA facility and challenging the guide to explain why the (insert Hoagland buffoonery here) was being covered up.  I also heard a caller repeat similar shit to Col John Alexander once.  He listened politely, then said, "I have no idea what you just said, and I doubt you do either".

ziznak

Bara is a whole new animal really.  He's VERY arrogant when speaking on his debunkers.  Normally these types of pseudo science guests don't become instant assholes when facing debunkers.  The regular guests that we can stand more have much more "tact."  I know some of us dont like that word "tact" but here it works. 

Bara is a homosexual douchebag!! heh... his fav comebacks btw.  Hoagy would be much more fun if he called his detractors gay n stuff wouldnt he?

Uncle Duke

Quote from: ziznak on November 01, 2013, 02:43:42 AM
Bara is a whole new animal really.  He's VERY arrogant when speaking on his debunkers.  Normally these types of pseudo science guests don't become instant assholes when facing debunkers.  The regular guests that we can stand more have much more "tact."  I know some of us dont like that word "tact" but here it works. 

Bara is a homosexual douchebag!! heh... his fav comebacks btw.  Hoagy would be much more fun if he called his detractors gay n stuff wouldnt he?
[/quote

I'll take your word for it, he's an arrogant asshole with no tact who's also politically incorrect when it comes to name calling.  None of this makes him a scientist, nor does it mean he interjects real science into his act......at least no more than those other scammers who claim to embrace hard science. 

People don't like Bara, I get that.  To me, however, he doesn't come close to Hoagland when it comes to sheer snug arrogance in making believe he's some kind of science God.  Smooth talkers with a well rehearsed act are far more compelling as opposed to the asshole when dealing with the ignorant. 

RedMichael

I admit that Bara doesn't use any science, but he trumpets that he does. To prove that he does he spews facts/principals that are nowhere close to correct. Every guest tries to actl like their sham is legit and real. But few are dumb enough to just flat out use and then butcher real scientific terms and concepts. The best part is, when confronted on this, he double downs.

We all know about Hoagland, but Bara is his less entertaining sidekick. Hoagland could maybe make it as a used car salesman, if you haven't heard him several times he is slightly entertaining. Bara has no redeeming qualities, he would insult you for questioning whether his cars REALLY get over 200 mpg when the books they come with just say 35.

You may find it funny but out of the pantheon of scammers/guests he is the only one I openly despise. That may not mean much to others but if anyone knew me, it'd be huge.

Uncle Duke

Red I get it, you hate the guy.  Apparently you are not alone in the intensity of your feelings about him, but to me he's just another wingnut trying to pass himself off as an expert to take advantage of the uneducated and uninformed.  In many cases, his act is separating these people from their money.  I find that far more reprehensible than calling someone a "cunt" or "queer".  Yes he's asshole, and a thin-skinned one at that based on the comments here, but I can deal with that far better than a con man taking money from those who, in all probabilty, can least afford it.

RedMichael

Pretty much, but I don't hate him.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: RedMichael on November 01, 2013, 11:22:58 PM
Pretty much, but I don't hate him.

*laughs*  OK dude.  In my thesarus, "hate" and "despise" mean the samething, but I'm done.

Any chance you could get me tickets to a Neb game at Lincoln?  That's a college football Mecca where I'd love to see a game, even if it's against Wyo!

RedMichael

If you come to Nebraska you won't have to buy a drink, thats all I can say. Come on over.

expat

I found a few things to say about Mike's latest train-wreck of a book.

Point-by-point critique, Part 1.

expat

Bara guested on 28 Oct 2013 to plug his atrocious book 'Ancient Aliens on Mars.' Noory asked him about Stuart "astroguy" Robbins' objections to Mike's previous book. Bara said Robbins is "a scientist, but he sucks at it."

Later, Bara agreed to an online debate with astroguy. It was put off until February, then April. Now he's changed his mind and won't do it at all.

Coward.

http://dorkmission.blogspot.com/2014/05/mike-bara-decides-not-to-do-decent.html

Yorkshire pud

No real surprise is it? C'mon, what were the chances of him volunteering to go up against Stuart when it comes to science? In round figures...O..that round.

paladin1991

All he would have to do is spew some really outrageous shit and Georgieboy would eat it up and call it a draw.  "Science vs. Spew? I'd call this one a draw, wouldn't you, Tommy?  But I think I'll let the audience decide for themselves."   

ziznak

Stuey don't need to beat that dead horse that is mike bara!  Dat niggas making movies n shit!!

paladin1991

Quote from: ziznak on May 15, 2014, 11:54:29 AM
Stuey don't need to beat that dead horse that is mike bara!  Dat niggas making movies n shit!!
Shiznik, Ziznak!

b_dubb

Quote from: expat on May 15, 2014, 08:13:10 AM
Bara guested on 28 Oct 2013 to plug his atrocious book 'Ancient Aliens on Mars.' Noory asked him about Stuart "astroguy" Robbins' objections to Mike's previous book. Bara said Robbins is "a scientist, but he sucks at it."

Later, Bara agreed to an online debate with astroguy. It was put off until February, then April. Now he's changed his mind and won't do it at all.

Coward.

http://dorkmission.blogspot.com/2014/05/mike-bara-decides-not-to-do-decent.html
If Bara disparaged S Robbins on air Coast should provide S Robbins an opportunity to respond. But Coast and Noory have no class so the travesty continues

ziznak

Quote from: paladin1991 on May 15, 2014, 06:36:57 PM
Shiznik, Ziznak!
haha yeah damn lost it at the end there...

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: b_dubb on May 15, 2014, 10:53:29 PM
If Bara disparaged S Robbins on air Coast should provide S Robbins an opportunity to respond. But Coast and Noory have no class so the travesty continues

If Stuart was feeling particularly litigious he could instruct his legal representative to issue a public retraction or face a writ for slander. 'Sucks' is an indication he isn't very good at being a scientist, and said from a position of perceived authority. Of which Bara isn't.