11angeleyes11

Quote from: jaypaw on July 08, 2010, 01:24:01 AM
hahahahaaaaaaa

I can only laugh.  I have found a home.

GNS  :P
Yes, you have found a home, and you are on the right thread, but

GNR 8)

PixieCutLover

George is not to bad actually he doesn't have the charisma  that art had but he seems like a good guy and he is getting the job done it's Punnett I can't stand when he interviewed Riley Martin about the  "Biovians" or what ever he called them he fucked with the guy all through the show I thought he was full of shit to but if you don't like what he has to say don't put him on the air.

punkinpie

Quote from: PixieCutLover on July 31, 2010, 07:34:03 AM
George is not to bad actually he doesn't have the charisma  that art had but he seems like a good guy and he is getting the job done it's Punnett I can't stand when he interviewed Riley Martin about the  "Biovians" or what ever he called them he fucked with the guy all through the show I thought he was full of shit to but if you don't like what he has to say don't put him on the air.

Riley Martin?  Seriously?  He was interviewed by Punnett?  I can't believe he was sober that late on a weekend.  Did he offer to color a symbol for Ian?

Holy crap, I wondered if Riley ever made it on C2C........I thought he was too crazy even for them.

punkinpie

Quote from: TaoOfLuxLisbon on August 15, 2010, 11:18:35 AM
Holy crap, I wondered if Riley ever made it on C2C........I thought he was too crazy even for them.

Tao, are you a Stern fan too?

Quote from: punkinpie on August 15, 2010, 05:54:53 PM

Yup. Started listening when he was back at WNBC when I was only 8 or 9.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: TaoOfLuxLisbon on August 15, 2010, 07:38:10 PM

do you enjoy opie and anthony at all? i'm a bit more partial to them.

punkinpie

Quote from: MV on August 15, 2010, 10:09:42 PM

I've never really listened to O&A.  The Stern show has sadly gone to shit.  I've been listening to C2C podcasts a lot and local AM to fill the void. 

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: punkinpie on August 15, 2010, 10:57:33 PM

I've never really listened to O&A.  The Stern show has sadly gone to shit.  I've been listening to C2C podcasts a lot and local AM to fill the void.
i would recommend you consider hitting the torrent sites to download some recent opie and anthony shows.  they put a lot of effort into entertaining their audience and they show up for work everyday.  they really do good radio.

i've heard nothing but bad things about stern's efforts on satellite radio, and his final year or so on terrestrial radio was spent complaining about terrestrial radio.

punkinpie

Quote from: MV on August 15, 2010, 11:17:42 PM

i would recommend you consider hitting the torrent sites to download some recent opie and anthony shows.  they put a lot of effort into entertaining their audience and they show up for work everyday.  they really do good radio.

i've heard nothing but bad things about stern's efforts on satellite radio, and his final year or so on terrestrial radio was spent complaining about terrestrial radio.

I have been hesitant about torrents.  Can you get viruses?   Five years ago I wrecked a brand spanking new computer from a virus that I got from Bear Share. 

The first couple of years on satellite were really great.  Once he got engaged and married it went down fast.  His wife has way too much influence and it's become a PC puke fest.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: punkinpie on August 17, 2010, 11:26:35 PM
Quote from: MV on August 15, 2010, 11:17:42 PM

Once he got engaged and married it went down fast.  His wife has way too much influence and it's become a PC puke fest.
oh god.  that's awful to read.  i wonder how his current listeners/fans are taking THAT shit.  it would be hard to accept, even for a fanboy.

torrents are safe IF you are using a private tracker.  i'd recommend demonoid.com as a private torrent site.

I've never been a big Stern fan. He's a decent straight man and he can be pretty ballsy but his act grates on my nerves. Besides I don't even think he'd be famous if it wasn't for a coked out Kinison going insane on his show on a regular basis back in the day.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: GuerrillaUnReal on August 19, 2010, 02:07:13 AM
I've never been a big Stern fan. He's a decent straight man and he can be pretty ballsy but his act grates on my nerves. Besides I don't even think he'd be famous if it wasn't for a coked out Kinison going insane on his show on a regular basis back in the day.
oh yeah?  i wasn't aware kinison had been a regular on stern's show.  that's interesting.

Oh god man... back in Stern's early days in New York, Kinison would show up all the time. Those shows were unbelievable. That's the only reason I even knew who Stern was back in the day because he had the radio show that had Kinison at his drunkest and most insane.

Howard Stern- Sam Kinison vs Bobcat Goldthwait 1988 Part 1

Quote from: MV on August 19, 2010, 05:13:05 AM
Quote from: GuerrillaUnReal on August 19, 2010, 02:07:13 AM
oh yeah?  i wasn't aware kinison had been a regular on stern's show.  that's interesting.

Can't stand O&A. Listened for a couple hours one day and thought they were crap.

Stern has gone downhill in the last several months since Artie Lange's departure. Howard's life is just a bore at this point and yes, his wife is another celebrity wife type who thinks she can write books and be an expert on stuff. She hasn't taken over as much as Imus's wife did with his show, but her influence is felt, no doubt.

That said, I think his overall contribution to Sirius has been great, and if he doesn't retire he should stay on satellite. Terrestrial radio is an absolute joke, littered with right-wing hacks, infomercials and George Noory. To go back and put up with all the FCC bullshit.......who needs it?

What is the last good radio show to come out in the this right-wing bullshit FCC censored climate? The last one I can think of was Opie and Anthony (which I'm not a fan of) but they're over a decade old? I swear something happened to America in the last ten-fifteen years where we've lost our soul and are unable to create talented creative people anymore. ...Or they're just not pushed in America anymore.

George Noory is the biggest example of this. A worthless depressed middle age man who couldn't competently do his job if he was Bill Murray in Groundhogs Day and had do the same job over and over every day for a million years. But he's there because he's safe, he adheres to his owners agenda, and he doesn't bitch. So instead of getting interesting groundbreaking creative radio, we get some middle aged depressed hack who can't even properly pronounce fucking words and pollutes the airwaves with ridiculous propaganda and bullshit. But I guess that's America in the 21st century.

George Noory is the symbol of what's wrong with America.

...but he does rock.

The real talent has shunned the radio for the internet, and you have to pick through a lot of crap to find a daisy there. As far as terrestrial radio, you either have to be a talking-point fed political propaganda pusher like Limbaugh or Hanitty, or a completely safe, family friendly corporate shill like Ryan Seacrest or that Delilah woman.

But, yes....George still rocks!  :D

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: TaoOfLuxLisbon on August 20, 2010, 07:37:29 AM
Can't stand O&A. Listened for a couple hours one day and thought they were crap.
i think you'd have to give them more than a couple hours to get an adequate impression of the show.  like most shows of their ilk, there are a lot of inside references and what-have-you... many of which are a nod to things that happened on the show years ago and are remembered by regular listeners.  i view the show as a really long story.

To go back and put up with all the FCC bullshit.......who needs it?
that's true, but i think these days, the primary threat is from special interest groups who protest and threaten sponsors every time a host so much as breathes the words "booger" or "pee pee."

Quote from: MV on August 21, 2010, 01:28:53 AM
i think you'd have to give them more than a couple hours to get an adequate impression of the show.  like most shows of their ilk, there are a lot of inside references and what-have-you... many of which are a nod to things that happened on the show years ago and are remembered by regular listeners.  i view the show as a really long story.

I just don't feel it from them. I've heard them here and there a few other times too, and I just don't feel their vibe or Jim Norton's either. It also doesn't help that Howard has ripped them for years. I'm a Howard guy and pretty much he's the only radio show I'm willing to make that kind of investment of time in as far as all the "insider" stuff goes. Some of the stuff on the Howard channels is fun too......like a whole show last week devoted to analyzing fast food by a few guys from the show. I mean....it was actually fascinating.

punkinpie

Stern has gone downhill in the last several months since Artie Lange's departure. Howard's life is just a bore at this point and yes, his wife is another celebrity wife type who thinks she can write books and be an expert on stuff. She hasn't taken over as much as Imus's wife did with his show, but her influence is felt, no doubt.

That said, I think his overall contribution to Sirius has been great, and if he doesn't retire he should stay on satellite. Terrestrial radio is an absolute joke, littered with right-wing hacks, infomercials and George Noory. To go back and put up with all the FCC bullshit.......who needs it?

I look for him to go to a podcast type of thing or a reality show.  I don't think that Sirius has the motivation to pay out another $500 million.  He is too vain to accept anything less.  I also think that his biggest fear is becoming irrelevant.  That's why the things being said on SFN cuts him so deeply.  Beth won't stand for being married to a retiree. 

punkinpie

SFN is a message board for the show.  It's not worth looking at.  There are so many rules about what you can and can't say.  If you say anything even remotely negative about Howard's wife you are put in time out or banned for life.  If you say she looks like a horse your account is killed.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: punkinpie on August 26, 2010, 09:51:59 PM
SFN is a message board for the show.  It's not worth looking at.  There are so many rules about what you can and can't say.  If you say anything even remotely negative about Howard's wife you are put in time out or banned for life.  If you say she looks like a horse your account is killed.
BAHAHA...
anybody game for a horse comment campaign?

punkinpie

That's why I got all freaked out that you were going to ban me that time.

You have to sign up for a temp account and are restricted from posting for a while.  It's totally crazy.  Then you have to post every so often for a month before you can be a full fledged member or you can pay money and skip that. 

95% of the regulars left are total douchebags that cow tow to these stupid rules.  He made Joey Boots (whackpacker) a mod on the site and told him to get rid of the "haters" and Joey did just that.  He killed 200 accounts in one weekend. Joey started a thread and said that if you post in it your account will be deaded, then he did just that. 

Then the guy that runs the site was interviewed on Sirius three weeks later and said that he had no idea that Joey was doing that and he was going to reinstate everyone's accounts that Boots killed.  I don't know if he did or not.  It's like the inmates running the asylum over there.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: punkinpie on August 26, 2010, 11:51:03 PM
That's why I got all freaked out that you were going to ban me that time.

You have to sign up for a temp account and are restricted from posting for a while.  It's totally crazy.  Then you have to post every so often for a month before you can be a full fledged member or you can pay money and skip that. 

95% of the regulars left are total douchebags that cow tow to these stupid rules.  He made Joey Boots (whackpacker) a mod on the site and told him to get rid of the "haters" and Joey did just that.  He killed 200 accounts in one weekend. Joey started a thread and said that if you post in it your account will be deaded, then he did just that. 

Then the guy that runs the site was interviewed on Sirius three weeks later and said that he had no idea that Joey was doing that and he was going to reinstate everyone's accounts that Boots killed.  I don't know if he did or not.  It's like the inmates running the asylum over there.
it's hard for me to slam them for moderator problems, tho.  last summer, we had our problems here with a particular rogue moderator, too.  when you mistakenly make a moderator out of some some guy who is a powerless, worthless loser in his personal private life, the results can be disastrous.  we had a real shit storm because of this guy's heavy handed tactics.  it all started with him needlessly censoring a photoshopped picture someone posted of george noory driving a ski boat pulling some kids along behind him. things reeeally degenerated from there, and i was left having to clean up the mess he made for me.  this guy's philosophy basically was, "i'll enforce draconian rules and regulations, even if it causes everyone to stop using the site."  what a wonderful way to go about things.  of course, after all of this, the people who were harmed by him decided that i was the bad guy... and they still feel that way to this day.  it worked out really horribly.

punkinpie

I'm sorry that happened to you, MV.  You're an all right guy in my book.  It only takes one jerk, drunken with power, to hurt a lot of people.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: punkinpie on August 27, 2010, 09:55:45 AM
I'm sorry that happened to you, MV.  You're an all right guy in my book.  It only takes one jerk, drunken with power, to hurt a lot of people.
Yeah, that's very true. What can I say. When you get a few dozen people together, personalities are bound to zig and zag around one another... and sometimes things don't work out among people. I had to learn not to take it personally.

11angeleyes11

I am not sure where to put this so I will on this thread.  Why is there no George Noory 24/7 stream?  Is it because of legal impediments since there is Coast Insider (the new identity of  Streamlink)?    I do not think that it exists anywhere on the web that I am aware of.  If it does exist, please post links to it.  If there was one that would really rock. . ..

Quote from: punkinpie on August 26, 2010, 09:51:59 PM

It must be nice to have slaves instead of fans.

And there is a 24/7 George stream...