• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory ROCKS -- A Board for George Noory Fans

Started by bcotx, April 06, 2008, 08:00:27 AM

bcotx

I'm proud to have the honor to be the first to post here and say... I Like George Noory.
The shows ratings have gone way up since George became the host.
In my book, George is a First-Class act.

Charles

Quote from: bcotx on April 06, 2008, 08:00:27 AM
I'm proud to have the honor to be the first to post here and say... I Like George Noory.
The shows ratings have gone way up since George became the host.
In my book, George is a First-Class act.

Just curious ... where did you find the ratings? And if ratings are high who is to say that George is the reason. Lots of shows push for syndication and grab as many affiliates as possible. The affiliates don't normally care who is on the air if the price is right.

MV/Liberace!

i have been told premiere radio sells shows to affiliates in packages, meaning you don't JUST get C2C.  you also get other premiere shows along with that.  anybody know if that's true?  if so, it seems to me that it would make discussions about ratings a little skewed.  maybe the ratings ARE high tho.  who knows.  i'm not sure where that information is publicly accessible.  however, let me say this.  look how many americans think survivor and american idol are worth piping into their living rooms.  for me, numbers isn't necessarily an indicator of greatness.  anybody seen "The Bucket List" with jack nicholson?  remember the part where morgan freeman tells jack nicholson he should believe in god because 95% of americans do?  he says something along the lines of, "are you meaning to say 95% of the people are wrong?"  and nicholson replies, "if life has taught me anything, it's that 95% of the people are ALWAYS wrong."  heh heh.  exactly.

ArtBellFan

It is true that Premiere sellls the show in packages, if you want Rush and the mostly other right wing shows you have to take Coast along with it......ratings are not available to the public any longer, wonder why that is, they were when Art was full time.... Art had close to 20 million listeners and on George Knapps last show he said that Coast has 2 million listeners, how great can the ratings be with that number. BTW two million listeners is nothing, most local shows that are popular have that many listeners or more.

sillydog

Unlike GN, George Knapp is a clever and intelligent guy, who seems to be all about telling the truth publicly -- sort of a basic thing for a real journalist.  My partner was in contact with him for some time about doing a graphic novel about Skinwalker Ranch.  The owners nixxed it eventually, but they still chat by email occasionally and GK seems genuniely interested in getting these stories out so there can be some real and thoughtful inquiry about it.

I would, however, say that GK doesn't have the best radio voice or pacing that I've ever heard.  I'd say that's pretty normal for an author, being one myself.  I still enjoy his shows, though I think Ian asks the best questions. 

Anyone but George Noory -- Art's troubles may have opened the door for someone to kill the show, but GN continues to twist the knife 6 days per week.

ArtBellFan

Art just posted on another forum that he may be doing another live show this month plus it looks like he is in negotiations with PremRad regarding a new Contract that he cannot talk about right now, looks like we will still have Art. :)

MV/Liberace!

i would loooooooove to see art do a local show on KNYE which is now streaming their programming.  it would be a huge success as people all over the world would be tuning in to hear a little FM station in the nevada desert.  one can dream.

Spikegirl

Quote from: ArtBellFan on April 06, 2008, 08:53:38 PM
Art just posted on another forum that he may be doing another live show this month plus it looks like he is in negotiations with PremRad regarding a new Contract that he cannot talk about right now, looks like we will still have Art. :)

That's the best news I've heard all day!

EvB

Interesting!

Please keep us posted on the Art may have a new show thing.   

I know I loved raising my son - but I really did wonder just how long the full time Daddy thing would last for Art.  I'm more than a decade younger than Mr. Bell - and can't imagine starting all that all over again.  Adequate money and a partner who is also a full time parent helps - but still - DAMN!

:o :o :o

Starbrite

Quote from: ArtBellFan on April 06, 2008, 08:53:38 PM
This is so interesting.  Did he say what day he would be posting?

Starbrite

Yes, George is soooooo worthy.  I am a Star Girl and thus I spend many a nite in the nitesky.  Recently, as a matter of fact tonite, I got hit in the head with that asteroid that George is always talking about is going to hit the earth.  It did not hit the earth, my head deflected it and thus I think George is the greatest thing since Larry King was on late nite talk.  Long live George!  Long Host George! The Master, George Noory Rules and he Rocks!

George is so worthy that he deserves to get the hell off the radio waves and go to work in television with the Sci-Fi channel where he could shave his head and do his best impression of Armenian mystic George Gurdjieff and show us ~the way~..... as he (cough) works in the light.

(laughing gently)

One thing that I have to say is that George does make me laugh. It's not that he's funny per se, but I do find some of the Noory-isms quite humourous.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: PhantasticSanShiSan on April 08, 2008, 11:24:51 PM
One thing that I have to say is that George does make me laugh. It's not that he's funny per se, but I do find some of the Noory-isms quite humourous.
heh heh... so what you're saying is you don't particularly care if you're laughing WITH him or AT him... the latter of which apparently is usually the case.

Max

Quote from: admin on April 07, 2008, 08:04:52 AM
i would loooooooove to see art do a local show on KNYE which is now streaming their programming.  it would be a huge success as people all over the world would be tuning in to hear a little FM station in the nevada desert.  one can dream.

my speculation is that if he did not sign back up with them he would have to pay for c2c on his station... not that it would be a loss.. hell art dont listen to the program... I have to ask why... lol....

no, not really I dont...

but if he were to do a show on his station...

shit loads of stations would drop snoory even if he did it 1 night a week

Selenolycus

Haven't been through all the posts here quite yet, but I'll start by saying I find Noory interesting enough to keep C2C as background noise during the evening hours.

Sometimes I get the feeling he's disinterested, but that's not always. He's all right. Knapp, Punnett, and Bell all seem more genuine, but not necessarily by leaps and bounds. One thing's for sure, Noory often picks some pretty weak bumper music. :D My problems with the show mostly stem from the sorts of guests that are on moreso than the hosts. Shows totally about things like astrology, life path numbers, and *gags* that guy who was on droning about 'non-dualism' some months ago bore me to the point of pain-inducing irritation. I'm not sure who the primary bookers of such guests are, but I'd say they're more an issue than Noory.

Anyway, de gustibus non est disputandum.

With oil prices truckers can't afford amphetimines anymore, haha.
That 'splains the ratings:)

Earl

George Noory is a fine man and Radio Talk Show Host.

He has high ratings because unlike Art "Bullsh*t" Bell he has "real" guests on his shows.

Bell, or as I and others in the know prefer to call him, "Bullsh*t", has goofy people on his shows. He never challenges his guests to prove or account for their opinions and as a result his shows almost always suck big-time.

Now George Noory is more political than old "Bullsh*t" but he also provides us with guests such as the pioneering truth based radio talk show host Alex Jones who gives us real news that you just won't find on the controlled mass media outlets such as Fox Fake News and CNN, the Clinton News Network.

Yes, Noory is definitely the man. Art "Bullsh*t" Bell is the true Suckor.

Hah!

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Earl on April 13, 2008, 09:50:59 AM
...he also provides us with guests such as the pioneering truth based radio talk show host Alex Jones who gives us real news that you just won't find on the controlled mass media outlets such as Fox Fake News and CNN, the Clinton News Network.
you epitomize the average snoory listener.  of course you buy everything alex jones is selling. 

Earl

Quote from: admin on April 13, 2008, 09:55:12 AM
Quote from: Earl on April 13, 2008, 09:50:59 AM
...he also provides us with guests such as the pioneering truth based radio talk show host Alex Jones who gives us real news that you just won't find on the controlled mass media outlets such as Fox Fake News and CNN, the Clinton News Network.
you epitomize the average snoory listener.  of course you buy everything alex jones is selling. 

Face facts Bell is a loser. Jones is a winner. Those who know what's going on know the facts. You don't.

Noory and Jones provide listeners with truth they won't find in your world.

Don't like Noory or Jones? Then tune 'em out and go back to sleep...Yes, sleep, don't worry, be happy, your government and the ruling elite love you, yes, use your upcoming income tax return money to keep the economy strong, buy, purchase, consume, spend... yes, the news media always tells you the truth and always tells you only what you need to know to be happy, yes don't worry, be happy, if Noory and Jones worry you simply tune in old Bullsh*t and do a little dance, yes, a happy dance...Don't give a flying-****ADMIN EDIT**** about the truth or anything important, go back to sleep!

ArtBellFan

Earl is your real name George......you know not what you are talking about, oh wait it must be Julie.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Earl on April 13, 2008, 12:23:09 PM
Yes, sleep, don't worry, be happy, your government and the ruling elite love you, yes, use your upcoming income tax return money to keep the economy strong, buy, purchase, consume, spend... yes, the news media always tells you the truth and always tells you only what you need to know to be happy, yes don't worry, be happy, if Noory and Jones worry you simply tune in old Bullsh*t and do a little dance, yes, a happy dance...Don't give a flying-f*ck about the truth or anything important, go back to sleep!
you alex jones types are the only people who have it all figured out.  the rest of us are... asleep, as you say.  riiiiiiight.  sorry you don't like art bell.  guess mediocrity is more your suit.

Earl

Quote from: admin on April 13, 2008, 12:40:42 PM
Yes, sleep, don't worry, be happy, your government and the ruling elite love you, yes, use your upcoming income tax return money to keep the economy strong, buy, purchase, consume, spend... yes, the news media always tells you the truth and always tells you only what you need to know to be happy, yes don't worry, be happy, if Noory and Jones worry you simply tune in old Bullsh*t and do a little dance, yes, a happy dance...Don't give a flying-f*ck about the truth or anything important, go back to sleep!
you alex jones types are the only people who have it all figured out.  the rest of us are... asleep, as you say.  riiiiiiight.  sorry you don't like art bell.  guess mediocrity is more your suit.

If you are content not knowing the facts and the truth scares you then by all means, bury your head in the sand and keep tuning in Old Bullsh*t's show.

I wouldn't want to upset your version of reality...

MV/Liberace!

hey brain surgeon... then tell us your version of reality.  enlighten us.  tell us what we, the peasant rabble, would not know but for the grace and good fortune of your presence.

EvB

Earl -

Listen - say something that actually means something and there are people here who will listen --- honest!

True - the name of the site is George Noory Sucks - but I have reason to be live that the Admin is a tolerant man.  After all, he knows I own a poodle and still treats me with respect.   ;D

So - WHAT makes Noory's guest more "real" than Bell's?  That's just one example of how you could actually SAY SOMETHING.  Face it - given the name of this board, the onus is on you to make a case - not just talk trash.

Try it - we may all learn something.

Ev

PS:  As a former Beagle person who actually defends Noory from time to time - I, myself, have my defensive moments.  So, let me say that my poodle is a real DOG.  He does not fit in my purse.  He is 27 inches high at the shoulder, weighs over 50 pounds, and has a voice like a base drum.

And - if you are confused by this complete non-secutor, take a look at http://www.ufoship.com/page.php?5

Bullsh*t and do a little dance, yes, a happy dance...Don't give a flying-f*ck

Yo, Earl, buddy, this site isn't moderated by a robot, so nix your stupid asterisks and clean yourself up, or better yet, go away.

MV/Liberace!

earl... please stop using unnecessary profanity.  this message board has no specific policy regarding profanity.  however, while i personally am not bothered by the use of certain words, many others are.  you have only posted four times and i've had to moderate you twice.  i don't mind your presence here at all, as i prefer to have people of all viewpoints participating in this message board.  i just don't want to be bothered with the tedium of having to track the usage of any specific user.

****UPDATE**** As per my recent rant regarding my philosophy over being asked to remove certain posts, I am also no longer interested in being bothered with complaints over profanity.  Feel free to speak as you wish.  When people sign up to this site, they are asked if they are at least 18 years old.  That should suffice.  It makes no sense to receive profanity complaints from people who routinely pump HBO, Showtime and Cinemax into their homes every night.  We are adults here.  Let's speak the way adults speak.

Earl

On Alex Jones' show today he had a former Apollo Space Program Engineer who discussed what he knew about the Black Ops Pentagon-Run Secret Space Program.  :o

The old retired Engineer talked about U.S. Goverenment Top Secret Anti-Gravity devices that he unexpectedly ran across and a UFO sighting he had made and Alex mentioned Top Secret Pentagon Space Planes and Space-Based Weaponry that our Fearless Leaders are keeping from the American Public.  :-*

He even mentioned possible Alien contact & interaction with our species.  8)

Yeah. You missed Alex's great show. You'd rather listen to "Art "ol' B.S." Bell.

Alex is a Great Talk Show Host just like George Noory. They make a great team. Those of you who hate Alex and George are just sour about the fact that "ol' B.S." isn't on air full time anymore. He's been kinda' busy with that 28 year old he married. That miserable cradle-robbing old fool... ::)

Also, I understand Art "ol' B.S." Bell has been married 5 times! Yep. Five friggen' times!  :o

He has like 5 or 6 kids and totally ignores the kids from the first three wives. What a Great Dad he is! The kids have gone on the record stating they haven't seen or heard from "ol' B.S." since the 1980's.  :-[

That's some role model you all have chosen to believe in.  ::)

Yeah, he's a real swell guy that piece of #%6&!  :D

None of you would want a scum bag like old Artie as a Dad. And you know it.... >:(

Now both Alex and George are kind and loving Dads to all their kids. They know the importance for kids to have a Dad there all the time to help raise the children.  ;D

But maybe that's what some of you don't like, Hmmmmmm????

MV/Liberace!

first of all, i don't know why the notion of the government keeping secrets from you or anybody else seems unusual.  it's not.

secondly, i don't care about the age of art's new wife.  she's a consenting adult, as is he.  big deal.  furthermore, you are applying your limited american understanding of the world to their situation and failing to note that in the philippines, their age difference isn't viewed as "cradle robbing"... but oh wait... you're the open-minded, enlightened activist who knows what's REALLY going on and totally understands the whole world while the rest of us sit here in utter ignorance.  so then you already knew about the philippine philosophy on this matter?  or maybe you just didn't care.  but wait... if you don't care, then doesn't that mean you would have to believe your american philosophy is superior to that of the rest of the world?  and if so, isn't that incongruent with your conclusion that america and its philosophies are the focus of evil in the world and our every move is a conspiracy driven ruse designed to supplant the free peoples of the world and render them slaves to an elitist few who want to cut the world's population by 60-80%?  either you're ignorant, or you're dishonest.  you pick.

i believe art has been married 4 times.  once to the mother of vincent pontius and his sister, once to the mother of art junior, ramona, and now airyn.  if you're aware of number 5, that's news to me.  not that i care.

i'll be the first to say it doesn't sound like art has been a model father.  hell i correspond with his son vincent regularly, so let's not pretend you're dropping some nugget of forbidden, hitherto unseen information in my lap.  but art's personal life or fathering capabilities aren't what made me a fan of his.  if fans of this person or that person planted their flags based on how people are living their private lives, we wouldn't be planting very many flags.  i respect art as a broadcaster.  in my opinion, he's among the greatest broadcasters of the 20th century, and that's saying something considering the competition he'd be up against.  george noory is a complete asterisk on art's ass and on the ass of broadcasting in general.  nobody is talking about him.  he is not quoted (except in a pejorative sense on this and other websites).  he is not an icon.  george is to art as payless shoe store is to foot locker.  it's just a completely different league.

maybe alex is a good dad.  maybe he's not.  again, i don't care about that.  but based on the things he probably teaches his kids, i'd say he's probably not.  he's a loud, screaming asshole who doesn't debate.  he just gets louder than the people he's arguing with and shouts them down.  the only reason this doesn't happen between he and noory is because noory is too scared or uneducated to challenge him thoroughly, and jones needs noory's platform for exposure.  and george?  maybe he's a terrific father.  then again, i believe i've heard him say he is divorced from the mother of his children, so that doesn't sound like it would classify him as being 100% the family man, now does it?  your pal snoory even said he was jealous of art's marriage to ramona because they were so solid and snoory never had that.  hmm.  kinda makes you think, doesn't it?

all of these guys have skeletons in their past.  the difference with snoory and people like him is that they don't talk about their personal lives.  at all.  this only contributes to the boredom experienced when listening to your hero, george "stache" noory.

It would seem Alex Jones is a hypocrite.

Specifically: He will be the first to tell you the conspiracy involved with the diamond market and how they are worth nothing - that it is an artificially created value.  (I understand his argument, that's not what annoys me.  I think many things are artificially injected with value.... say... oh, I don't know... our currency.) 

What ANNOYS me, is that despite his advising OTHERS not to purchase a diamond for their bride to be, this did not prevent HIM from purchasing a big rock for his wife.

"But I've got a connection, George, and got mine at a good price."

Thus illustrated is Alex's ultimate ~flaw~.  (Har Har Har Har!)

Practice what you froth, Alex!  How the Hell can I respect ya otherwise, brother?

It goes without saying (though say it I must) his voice seriously makes me consider hurling my body off the nearest cliff.  (Bat-headed gods are acutely sensitive to sound.)

Alex possesses a horrendous voice comprised of a repulsive inflection, manic modulation, and yes, even a reprehensible dipthong or two.  His enunciation resembles what you would hear when a horde of meth-heads decide to give the old house a makeover and are scraping paint off their South-side bungalow/hideout with sharpened spoons.

At best, when he slows down - attempting to monitor his outbursts - his voice still brings to mind two foghorns attempting to copulate.

(laughing pleasantly)