• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The GabCast (A podcast about BellGab)

Started by onan, October 22, 2013, 06:30:19 PM

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Bart Ell on July 22, 2014, 08:27:19 PM
Yeah, about that. Little bit irresponsible going around telling tales like that. 99 times out of... um... 99 those orders are given by the tour manager and the band has no idea about them. Why? Because it is easier that way.

Who cares who gives the instruction? It was an anecdote (probably one of many) about a pretentious, up his own arse wannabee cure the world whilst at the same time not following his own sermon, twat. For that alone, he deserves derision. Redacted didn't say that the crew were told directly by Bonio not to look at them, only that they were told not to, so how is that telling tales?  We could get into the fact they don't play with just the four on stage, and they have guys out of sight on keyboards playing like Mozart to give the illusion that four blokes are down with the kids keeping it real; but that's digressing. 

Quote from: eddie dean on July 23, 2014, 12:05:06 AM
YewwwwTube!

Virus Scam Prank Call Using GN Soundboard:
http://youtu.be/cNsMW4n3z9Y

Word to the wise, prepare yourself  ;)

Oh, and one other thing. What the hell is the point of pissing on someone else's story? People call in to have a laugh, swap stories and in general, have a good time. The last thing anyone expects when they call in is for someone else to get all "someone is wrong on the internet and  must be corrected right NOW!" Jesus, cut the callers some slack, yes?

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on July 23, 2014, 02:07:00 AM
Word to the wise, prepare yourself  ;)

Oh, and one other thing. What the hell is the point of pissing on someone else's story?

Maybe because it took attention away from his own thread?  ::)

Bart Ell

Jesus, cut the callers some slack, yes?
I'm more of a Moses than Jesus.
Why should anyone be cut slack? Cutting people slack is how we end up giving medals to every kid, even the ones that run like your crippled grandma.

Telling the hired help, especially the day wagers brought in by the promoter, to not speak to the talent or even look at them is a very common line used by road managers for decades.

Bart Ell

What the hell is the point of pissing on someone else's story?

Wah wah don't you know that you aren't supposed to piss on someone else's story.... especially if their story is about pissing on someone else? Wah wah

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Bart Ell on July 23, 2014, 07:37:40 AM
Why should anyone be cut slack? Cutting people slack is how we end up giving medals to every kid, even the ones that run like your crippled grandma.

Telling the hired help, especially the day wagers brought in by the promoter, to not speak to the talent or even look at them is a very common line used by road managers for decades.

And? That isn't the point. Redacted was telling a story from her point of view, she wasn't asking approval, or sanction. An anecdote was told; no blame, accreditation or qualifier was put forward nor asked for. It just is. A little like your endless posting of gifs.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Bart Ell on July 23, 2014, 07:56:10 AM
Wah wah don't you know that you aren't supposed to piss on someone else's story.... especially if their story is about pissing on someone else? Wah wah

Are you Boneo's bitch or something? Of all people he deserves to be pissed on, regularly and with accuracy.

Bart Ell

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on July 23, 2014, 07:59:33 AM
Are you Boneo's bitch or something? Of all people he deserves to be pissed on, regularly and with accuracy.
Of all people? Seriously?

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Bart Ell on July 23, 2014, 08:05:27 AM
Of all people? Seriously?

Yes; If it was because he was pretentious I could let it ride, but the self regarding patronising oaf is very good at telling people (particularly his audiences who pay LOTS of money to watch him perform) how much they should be doing to help starving people in Africa. The UK in particular contributes a great deal per head of capita to Africa, and was the host of Live Aid as well as Live 8. His behaviour when Nelson Mandela died was unctuous (although he wasn't alone on that).
I speak as one who was listening to and enjoying early bootleg tapes of U2 in 1978. In those days he was just pretentious.

Bart Ell

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on July 23, 2014, 08:22:06 AM
Yes; If it was because he was pretentious I could let it ride, but the self regarding patronising oaf is very good at telling people (particularly his audiences who pay LOTS of money to watch him perform) how much they should be doing to help starving people in Africa. The UK in particular contributes a great deal per head of capita to Africa, and was the host of Live Aid as well as Live 8. His behaviour when Nelson Mandela died was unctuous (although he wasn't alone on that).
I speak as one who was listening to and enjoying early bootleg tapes of U2 in 1978. In those days he was just pretentious.

The man is a dick, yes.
There is plenty of real stories that point to his dickishness.
This just wasn't one.

Tarbaby

author=Bart Ell link=topic=4969.msg280576#msg280576 date=1406085223]
Close.
They usually do it themselves right before exiting a venue.
[/quote] oh. Okay. But then why did you say "my dick"?

Tarbaby

Regarding the chat room : I'm often in the chat room but I'm on my iPad and I still haven't figured out how to post with it. When I try to post it just freezes. But, just to assure everyone, I'm not stalking anyone.

Bart Ell

Quote from: Tarbaby on July 23, 2014, 08:47:54 AM
oh. Okay. But then why did you say "my dick"?

Because, for a period of time, it would have been.

Eddie, were you recording for the GN Soundboard last night?  He had some real doozies that would have been perfect for pranking future scam callers. 

WildCard

Quote from: Tarbaby on July 23, 2014, 08:53:48 AM
Regarding the chat room : I'm often in the chat room but I'm on my iPad and I still haven't figured out how to post with it. When I try to post it just freezes. But, just to assure everyone, I'm not stalking anyone.
I almost didn't post that part.
Tarbaby, that was in no way directed at you or anybody but Bart Ell.

Bart Ell

Quote from: WildCard on July 23, 2014, 09:49:47 AM
I almost didn't post that part.
Tarbaby, that was in no way directed at you or anybody but Bart Ell.

This, my friends, is what we call moving the goalposts to fit your agenda. Only preformed by the twattiest of twats.
I will do what I do best and post a picshure for you, mmkaysers?

Quote from: Bart Ell on July 23, 2014, 07:37:40 AM

That's not the point. The point was someone called in a show that's basically for shits and giggles.  Why make a such big fucking point of correcting her, like you're correcting me right now in not just one post, but two? Maybe the manager said it, maybe the cleaning lady said it, maybe Bono said it. I couldn't give a shit who said it, to whom, where or why. All I know is people were hanging out together online enjoying a story and wham! Someone just had to take it on himself to correct the 'hired help' because, Holy Moses! an inaccuracy was said!!!!1!!! 

Wah wah yourself. I suggest you go piss in your own cereal bowl now that you're 15 minutes are up. 

Bart Ell

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on July 23, 2014, 10:03:21 AM
Someone just had to take it on himself to correct the 'hired help' because, Holy Moses! an inaccuracy was said!!!!1!!! 

Kinda sounds like what you are up to, n'est-ce pas? Taking the time to post because you see something you don't agree with, no matter how small and petty?

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Bart Ell on July 23, 2014, 10:14:29 AM
Kinda sounds like what you are up to, n'est-ce pas? Taking the time to post because you see something you don't agree with, no matter how small and petty?

Namely that you accused UC of crying about it? Why wouldn't she disagree with that?

Bart Ell

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on July 23, 2014, 10:27:59 AM
Namely that you accused UC of crying about it? Why wouldn't she disagree with that?

Isn't it time for your afternoon nap? Fly now, birdyboy, fly like the wind!

Quote from: Bart Ell on July 23, 2014, 10:14:29 AM

Nope, mon ami. More like the person telling the story was unpleasantly surprised to find herself corrected when she was just shooting the shit.

Bart Ell

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on July 23, 2014, 10:55:03 AM
Nope, mon ami. More like the person telling the story was unpleasantly surprised to find herself corrected when she was just shooting the shit.

The same shit has been shot before...

Quote from: (Redacted) on July 09, 2014, 06:50:34 PM
Remove all U2 from your bumpers.  Bono is a fucking asshole.   >:(
Dark Weekend is too good for that crap they call music.

The other side of the coin was offered.
I understand that people want to sell the sizzle, which is why retractions are usually hidden in the back pages.
It's a message board where people offer different opinions on the same topic. If I think the slander is petty and misdirected then, if I am in the mood that day, I may offer a differing opinion.

Quote from: Mr. Fidget on July 21, 2014, 09:15:33 PM
   I think the "homeless people" used to be called "pilgrims," and "settlers."...

This is a real epiphany. 

We didn't have cameras back in the days of the Pilgrims, and cameras were too new and too much of a luxury to tote along the Oregon Trail.  All we've had in the past were sketches of Pilgrims and Settlers. 

Thanks to Mr Fidget we have a much better idea of how these people really looked.  And an answer to why the Indians were helpful instead seeing them as a threat.

[attachimg=1]
Pilgrims at rest near Plymouth Rock

[attachimg=2]
A Settler moseying along the Santa Fe Trail

coaster

Quote from: Paper*Boy on July 23, 2014, 02:52:38 PM

We didn't have cameras back in the days of the Pilgrims, and cameras were too new and too much of a luxury to tote along the Oregon Trail.  All we've had in the past were sketches of Pilgrims and Settlers. 

The General

Quote from: Mr. Fidget on July 21, 2014, 09:15:33 PM
   I think the "homeless people" used to be called "pilgrims," and "settlers."
Don't forget "Indians."