• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The GabCast (A podcast about BellGab)

Started by onan, October 22, 2013, 06:30:19 PM

zeebo

Hey guys just caught my first gabcast (from last week).  Fun to hear the gang shoot the breeze about various topics bellgabbers can relate to.  Looking forward to more in the future.

There was this movie about an Aborigine and a clash with settlers I saw a while ago that was quite good.
The Chant of Jimmie Blacksmith
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0077318/

The racism in America talk reminded me of this quote from Squids:

http://youtu.be/mi-dVYc0iFk

About 15 years ago there was the Lenard Clark case in Chicago. Was a big deal at the time. Interesting case on race relation.
http://articles.latimes.com/1999/jul/01/news/mn-51916

Ms. C

I try to listen to GabCast live ... but lately work has gotten in the way of this (darn lady quitting for a better job, (geese, how dare her!!!) forcing me back in this Command Center [data center] for 12 hour shifts again -- blah ...

so I've had to catch the shows after-the-fact (btw, thanks MV for getting the latest show up so quickly) ... sure helped to start this 12 hour shift this morning!!!

I just want to give a shout out for the excellent show and excellent discussions! 

Now-a-days, here in Michigan, I find it next to impossible to find peeps to have these types of discussions and debates with  ... in my life, there seemed to be more 'enlightenment' ...  when I lived in San Francisco in the 70s (humm, wait-a-minute, let me try to remember those days through the fog--bahahahaha), and then especially in Denver CO for my 19 years there ... but those were the 'Art Bell' days anyway! 

Everyone on the podcasts and the forum has really given me food for thought on what I believed  originally   .... its been fun and yet a little sad to have my eyes opened to so many of the enlightenment stuff that guests of C2C brought to the table and now, come to learn they were/are sheer frauds ... I agree with those of you who have said that in the old days, some of Art's guests could sure spin a good tale (even if they would then try to sell you their snake-oils) ... now most guests are just selling the snake-oils (boring)!

My point to this rambling post is really to say Thank Yewww   ;D

area51drone

Thanks for the entertainment guys...

wr250

looks like ive solved my disconnect problems... overly restrictive firewall rules...

Tarbaby

Very nice post Ms C.

Does anyone here remember when the following happened? I was on a forum for the Art Bell show and there was a cosysop named Mary. And we all had to leave one day when Mary close the board. There have been too much squabbling, she said, & she couldn't take it anymore. And I think maybe her partner might have been Keith but I don't remember. I'm thinking it was pre-2000.

b_dubb

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on April 17, 2014, 03:59:48 PM
I'll just leave y'all with this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4ZkRdkCPc0
These lyrics are a stream of cliches.  That's some serious suckage.  Seems awfully ... familiar ... hurmmmmmm

Quote from: b_dubb on April 17, 2014, 04:44:37 PM
These lyrics are a stream of cliches.  That's some serious suckage.  Seems awfully ... familiar ... hurmmmmmm

Does it rhyme with Norge Goory?

Unscreened, that was uncalled for, foisting the black hole of 80's schlock on an unsuspecting audience!  At least it wasn't "The Dog-gone Girl Is Mine" though....

Quote from: West of the Rockies on April 17, 2014, 05:41:12 PM
Unscreened, that was uncalled for, foisting the black hole of 80's schlock on an unsuspecting audience!  At least it wasn't "The Dog-gone Girl Is Mine" though....

I apologize from the bottom of my evil heart for not putting a warning label on that dreck. Unfortunately it wouldn't allow for embedding and a heads up. If it's any consolation, "The Dog-gone Girl is Mine" will now be my newest ear worm.

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on April 17, 2014, 03:59:48 PM
I'll just leave y'all with this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4ZkRdkCPc0

Reminds me of a Saturday Night Live bit I actually laughed at: "Side by side, you are my amigo, Negro, let's not fiiiiiiiight!"

Eddie Murphy as Stevie Wonder and Joe Piscopo as Frank Sinatra.

Juan

Which reminds me of the bit with Eddie Murphy as Stevie Wonder meeting Stevie Wonder.

onan

Sorry for such late information.

The Gabcast will be back next Monday, the 28th. Eddie and I had to hide from our bookies until we got our Taintco money.

Quote from: onan on April 21, 2014, 07:07:41 PM
Sorry for such late information.

The Gabcast will be back next Monday, the 28th. Eddie and I had to hide from our bookies until we got our Taintco money.
Why are you hiding from a bookie in APRIL?

wr250

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on April 21, 2014, 07:17:53 PM

his bookie also works for the IRS

onan

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on April 21, 2014, 07:17:53 PM

we had big money on Jaz's happy dance... we took the under... *sigh*

zeebo

So when does the Ultimate Gabcast Collection come out?  I have alot of catching up to do.   :D

jazmunda

Quote from: zeebo on April 21, 2014, 11:09:03 PM
So when does the Ultimate Gabcast Collection come out?  I have alot of catching up to do.   :D

The collector's edition will be released shortly in an experimental liquid diarrhea format.

What's that you say? George Noory beat us to this.

Khameleon808

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on April 23, 2014, 03:22:15 AM
All of you should listen to Khameleon808's mashup:
http://bellgab.com/index.php?topic=600.msg251967#msg251967

lol.  I really need to dig into his shows now that this exported so well. Maybe I can do something similar to what Jimmy Fallon's people did with that rapping news guy :)

This show kicks ass btw.  Feels like ive been listening to it for years. Looking forward to hearing monday's show.

b_dubb

The skin fell off my pizza rolls.  Damn.

LOL'ed so hard at this.  OutPIZZAROLLSstanding.

Thanks for the kind words about the GabCast. 

Khameleon808

Quote from: b_dubb on April 23, 2014, 11:38:18 AM

Thanks for the kind words about the GabCast. 

Thank you as well. Wish it was longer.  Entertained as hell for a good 90min or so then I hear that music haha.

Oh yeah, I was gonna ask if there was a long-running chat on irc or something that is up when the gabcast one isnt?   I don't really sleep cause I'm up all night editing and I didnt know if
there was some place to shoot the shit with other night owls?

b_dubb

Quote from: Khameleon808 on April 23, 2014, 09:43:53 PM
Thank you as well. Wish it was longer.  Entertained as hell for a good 90min or so then I hear that music haha.

Oh yeah, I was gonna ask if there was a long-running chat on irc or something that is up when the gabcast one isnt?   I don't really sleep cause I'm up all night editing and I didnt know if
there was some place to shoot the shit with other night owls?
When the show is live there's chat at ufoship.com but nothing ongoing.

zeebo

Quote from: jazmunda on April 23, 2014, 10:17:05 PM
That's what she said.

She also wishes it was deeper, as in deeper topics, ya know.

eddie dean

Quote from: zeebo on April 23, 2014, 10:22:10 PM
She also wishes it was deeper, as in deeper topics, ya know.

Any suggestions?

zeebo

Quote from: eddie dean on April 25, 2014, 05:48:23 PM
Any suggestions?

Hmm I was just trying to make a thinly-veiled racy pun there, but I guess it landed with a thud.  How come jazmunda gets away with these things but I get busted?  I gotta work on that. 

Anyway I like your topics already, but since I'm on the spot ....  I particularly liked the discussion on lucid dreaming and psychic experiences, that was cool.  Maybe you can dive more into that with OBE's, NDE's, and various other altered states.  Btw any of you guys ever see the movie "Waking Life"?  That could make for some fertile discussion.