• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Change of Display Name

Started by Zoxo, October 12, 2013, 05:10:08 PM

Quote from: albrecht on November 14, 2016, 06:59:40 PM
Or use that "true random" generator you posted about that upon login you are assigned a random other user's name/avatar (or lack thereof) and, furthermore, you must try to post as they would. And how quickly others could identify if you weren't really them? (The person with that name/avatar would, of course, be prohibited from "outing" the randomly assigned version of them.)
Mwuuuuuuaaaahh ha ha ha.  ;)

zeebo

Quote from: (Sandman) Logan-5 on November 14, 2016, 07:05:29 PM
Mwuuuuuuaaaahh ha ha ha.  ;)

What is this, some kind of twisted bellgab Turing test?  I might be able to pull off a Jaz or Morgus ... but an Aldous, a Camazotz, a Beelzebubbelah???  ;D

Quote from: zeebo on November 14, 2016, 07:09:45 PM
What is this, some kind of twisted bellgab Turing test?  I might be able to pull off a Jaz or Morgus ... but an Aldous, a Camazotz, a Beelzebubbelah???  ;D

If we could change our name without it changing on our old posts, we could have fake arguments by changing back and forth.  ;D

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Northern Nights on November 14, 2016, 07:21:21 PM
If we could change our name without it changing on our old posts, we could have fake arguments with ourselves.  ;D

Jackstar does that now. He can't be confused any more.

Quote from: Northern Nights on November 14, 2016, 06:32:51 PM
Imagine the fun and confusion if we all swapped usernames and avatars secretly via PM's?

lol.  That would be hilarious.  ;D ;D

albrecht

Quote from: Northern Nights on November 14, 2016, 07:21:21 PM
If we could change our name without it changing on our old posts, we could have fake arguments by changing back and forth.  ;D
Like an online version of Phil Hendrie with random other posters thinking there is some debate or controversy going on and chiming in!

I think I'll change my name to mv version 2.0.

lol.

Quote from: albrecht on November 14, 2016, 07:34:08 PM
Like an online version of Phil Hendrie with random other posters thinking there is some debate or controversy going on and chiming in!

Yes!! Please MV make this happen. Maybe confine it to one thread "The Phil Hendrie Tribute Thread".

Juan

I'm sure MV's income has declined since CTR abandoned us.  Help him out by clicking on ads occasionally.

Roswells, Art

Quote from: Juan on November 14, 2016, 07:42:55 PM
I'm sure MV's income has declined since CTR abandoned us.  Help him out by clicking on ads occasionally.

You can also fork over cold hard cash if you were so inclined.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: JesusJuice on November 14, 2016, 07:01:56 PM

A Captcha service will cut down on bots if you go registration free. You can then sell Bellgab passes for $20 a year for users to bypass the Captcha.

yeah, the captcha is where it's at.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Juan on November 14, 2016, 07:42:55 PM

what is ctr? i see this referenced from time to time, but it blows by me each time.

zeebo

Quote from: Roswells, Art on November 14, 2016, 07:42:53 PM
This won't end well.

That sounds like something Roswells, Art would say, but now I can't be sure!

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: zeebo on November 14, 2016, 07:52:40 PM
..but now I can't be sure!

heh heh

This won't end well.

don't sweat it.  it's a forum, not a medical procedure.

Quote from: mv on November 14, 2016, 07:52:18 PM
what is ctr? i see this referenced from time to time, but it blows by me each time.

https://correctrecord.org/

theONE

When I suggested that on 22.October.2016 I'm sure everyone /perhaps not everyone/ was thinking
that I'm drunk again..but looks like changes are coming to this joint...that's a great perspective
for draining the swamps and opening the gates for wider participation,...

and for those of you who are afraid of change think for a second how that could negatively affect BGab and 
how it would be more interesting more fun place...less stale.
I don't know if retaining your existing name and avatar would be an option -or if everyone would be incognito.

For my self that change would be of a very little advantage because everyone of you will know that it is me posting
because of my English and grammar that suck.... ;)

Quote from: theONE on October 22, 2016, 01:45:05 AM
Do you BellGaber's think that creating "religion" thread will be of interest on this board ?

Or different very radical idea = do you think that MV should go "ALL IN" and create a *sub forum* with 4chan
style operation,...no sign inn - totally anonymous.

Still keeping existing BellGab board format - but adding new "option" - new format.

I know that I have very peculiar reputation here -but ignore my reputation as a yak herder in wild steps of virgin Mongolia-
think about my concept -I was able to conceive that idea by using one hand to milk /female/ yak and with other hand
typing on my Window Vista computer.

I know it might sound as a abomination even to MV himself first time he hears/reads about it - but that 4chan format has lot's of temptations
for a VERY open expressions of opinions = translating to increased traffic but not diminishing value of fun and temptation to...participate in it,

PLEASE - don't dump on it at first impulse of your reaction ...

Think about it... 8)

Quote from: theONE on November 14, 2016, 02:42:01 AM
Hey mv when you at it what about creating BellGab's sub-forum 100% 4chan style...no registrations,no nothing
total anonimity
You want traffic, that would give you fking traffic you would have to close your shop to manage this joint,
how much 4chan is worth now -almost $600 million ,...what about you bringing BellGab to $6 million and sell it,
[or keep it and collect add revenues, etc-etc]
but perhaps call that sub-forum MVgab , {when you get filthy rich on my suggestion 1% from $6 mill to me would be nice gift :P}
I'm totally serious about creating 4chan style division of Bellgab ,

keep BG as it is..experiment with MVgab [you can always cancel if it fails,..initial set up cost should not brake your bank]

Quote from: mv on November 14, 2016, 01:27:32 PM
i'm looking at it this way:

if people can sign up instantly through an array of social logins (and they can), with no verification/scrutiny on this end, then there's no reason to suddenly get restrictive once they do sign up. 

i like the 4chan idea of no login required, and i'm about four steps ahead of you on that... but spam is my only concern.  ultimately this is where things are headed once i overcome the spam worries.  there are some people who won't like it, but that's the case with any and every change that's made around here.

albrecht

Correct The Record was an Super PAC hybrid outfit affiliated with Billary that paid people to post on forums to support Hillary or denigrate Trump or other candidates.

norland2424

people actually thought that hillary was wasting money on bellgab to convert you lol

Quote from: mv on November 14, 2016, 07:49:25 PM
turbo mode enabled.
WOOT WOOT !   

You Da Man MV !  :)

ALL HAIL "SAGE" MV.
(Praise MV)

Quote from: Roswells, Art on November 14, 2016, 08:02:40 PM

OH no, we have a live one here, everyone grab a limb and help pull him out of MV's ass.
BUSTED after one post.  ;)

theONE

This won't end well.

Sky is falling, dark days are coming,....cats will stop meowing,
theONE will go even nuttier with incognito version of BGab,

you know R,Art might as well crawl into the grave now...why wait   
or go to a doctor and get anxiety prescription ..start with Prozac

What is Prozac?
*Prozac (fluoxetine) is a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRI) antidepressant.
The way fluoxetine works is still not fully understood.
It is thought to positively affect communication between nerve cells in the central nervous system and/or restore chemical balance in the brain.

Prozac is used to treat major depressive disorder, bulimia nervosa (an eating disorder) obsessive-compulsive disorder, and panic disorder.
Prozac is sometimes used together with another medication called olanzapine (Zyprexa). to treat depression
caused by bipolar disorder (manic depression).
This combination is also used to treat depression after at least 2 other medications have been tried without successful treatment of symptoms.*

Quote from: mv on November 14, 2016, 05:50:51 PM
... i came to this realization the night art announced he was leaving MITD, and it's why i did nothing to protect him or heather during the onslaught of venom hurled at them.  my immediate focus became saving bellgab... looking out for my own interests... just as art/heather were looking out for theirs.  yeah, bellgab could have been thoroughly homogenized/censored for consumption by the "MITD brain trust," and if that had happened, the forum would be populated by ten active users at this point.  sure, we lost some, but i'm positive the exodus would have been profound if i had stepped in to keep things friendly for art in the middle of a mess he created...

Couldn't agree more.  It was a mess HE created.  If anyone wants to know who's responsible for some good posters leaving, look no further than Art Bell. 

Show respect for Art so he'll grace us with his presence once in awhile when he wants something or his ego stroked?  Fuck that.

Quote from: mv on November 14, 2016, 02:33:21 PM
if you're going to critique the change, you'll have to be more specific in voicing your displeasure with it.

Well, since you asked..  The only thing about it is there will be loss of continuity with posters whose names you know and have conversations with - when folks just change names with no trace, people will wonder where they went and often won't recognize them with the new name - I'm not sure what the benefit is.

theONE

Quote from: Paper*Boy on November 14, 2016, 08:11:13 PM
Couldn't agree more.  It was a mess HE created.  If anyone wants to know who's responsible for some good posters leaving, look no further than Art Bell. 

Show respect for Art so he'll grace us with his presence once in awhile when he wants something or his ego stroked?  Fuck that.

Exactly right...
also going BGab*incognito two people will for sure post here ,,, Drama Queen aka Art Bella and that ungrateful cunt (Redacted)