Author Topic: Macbook Pro help:  (Read 686 times)

Macbook Pro help:
« on: October 05, 2013, 01:57:14 AM »
I'm a long time PC user w/little experience w/Macs.   But that is going to change.  I just got a Macbook Pro and now need to decorate it.   Can anyone suggest some good software for designing websites and other creative/graphic work? ---From the best to free.  I also need something like MS Office w/a word processor.  And or anything else I may need. 

I'd appreciate the direction.    Thanks!

Macbook Pro help:
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2013, 03:06:13 AM »
I'm a long time PC user w/little experience w/Macs.   But that is going to change.  I just got a Macbook Pro and now need to decorate it.   Can anyone suggest some good software for designing websites and other creative/graphic work? ---From the best to free.  I also need something like MS Office w/a word processor.  And or anything else I may need. 

I'd appreciate the direction.    Thanks!

Freeway if you have no experience with HTML. But there are a number of other web design programs.
And Apple has its suite counting Iworks, etc.

Macbook Pro help:
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2013, 03:57:21 AM »
Freeway if you have no experience with HTML. But there are a number of other web design programs.
And Apple has its suite counting Iworks, etc.
Thanks Falkie!

I have some experience w/HTML and will check freeway out as well as Iworks.   What do you think of Photoshop/illistrator?

Macbook Pro help:
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2013, 05:48:04 PM »
I am not sure how technical you are, but Python/Django is very nice in my opinion.

Macbook Pro help:
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2013, 07:18:33 PM »
I am not sure how technical you are, but Python/Django is very nice in my opinion.
Thanks Mind!

I'm very technical w/PC's but haven't worked w/a mac since my ibook 2002 so I have bit of a learning curve here.  My goal is to be as good w/a mac as I am w/a PC --ez pz I'm sure.   

Nice looking program and I'll d/l it and check it out. 

I'd also like to know the high end software used, as well.