George Noory is AWESOME.

Started by SR-71, September 28, 2013, 04:39:06 PM

Morgus

Quote from: steelbot on October 06, 2013, 11:31:16 PM
whats the emerging artists nonsense....
Thats Noory and Tommy's idea of "American Idol"  :P

steelbot

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on October 06, 2013, 11:56:19 PM
I was just poking Ace in response to being poked. I probably say "bleef" too, but a few around here consider it tantamount to starting a nuclear war or kicking a kitten in the face.
lol

speaking of punching a kitten =-P

Baby Kitten Stray!

this showed up at our house yesterday...

BattyBrooke

Quote from: Falkie2013 on September 29, 2013, 12:13:22 PM
It's patently obvious that neither you nor the person who started this thread have NO idea of the meaning of the word AWESOME.

So many of the antonyms below apply to Noory and damned few of the synonyms.

Awesome he isn't except for the fear part. I fear for my sanity every time I've listened to the idiot. I listened because of the guests and despite Noory's incompetence.
And his humanity makes him awesome ? You're being ridiculous by saying that.
People are awesome for something spectacular they do, not for just existing.

awe·some adjective \ˈȯ-səm\
: causing feelings of fear and wonder : causing feelings of awe

: extremely good

Full Definition of AWESOME

:  expressive of awe <awesome tribute>
a :  inspiring awe <an awesome task>
b :  terrific, extraordinary <had an awesome time>
â€" awe·some·ly adverb
â€" awe·some·ness noun
See awesome defined for English-language learners »
See awesome defined for kids »
Examples of AWESOME

the awesome sight of an erupting volcano
It was an awesome responsibility.
We had an awesome task ahead of us.
We had an awesome time at the concert.
You did an awesome job on that project.
The movie was totally awesome.
First Known Use of AWESOME

Related to AWESOME

Synonyms
amazing, astonishing, astounding, marvelous, awful, eye-opening, fabulous, miraculous, portentous, prodigious, staggering, stunning, stupendous, sublime, surprising, wonderful, wondrous
Antonyms
atrocious, awful, execrable, lousy, pathetic, poor, rotten, terrible, vile, wretched
Related Words
incomprehensible, inconceivable, incredible, unbelievable, unimaginable, unthinkable; extraordinary, phenomenal, rare, sensational, spectacular; singular, uncommon, unique, unusual, unwonted; conspicuous, notable, noticeable, outstanding, remarkable; impressive, smashing, striking; mind-bending, mind-blowing, mind-boggling; animating, energizing, enlightening, enlivening, exciting, galvanizing, invigorating, stimulating; alluring, attracting, attractive, beguiling, bewitching, captivating, charming, enchanting, entertaining, enthralling, fascinating, interesting
Near Antonyms
unimpressive, uninspiring, unremarkable; boring, dull, jading, monotonous, tedious, tiring, uninspired, uninteresting, wearisome, weary, wearying; common, customary, mundane, normal, ordinary, typical, unexceptional, usual; draining, enervating, exhausting, fatiguing, wearing; debilitating, enfeebling; demoralizing, discouraging, disheartening, dispiriting

Sweetie, you're so precious! You have NO idea you're in the wrong forum/thread. Cute, but annoying. If you hate this man so much, stay out of this thread. Move along. *kisses*

bateman

Quote from: BattyBrooke on October 07, 2013, 04:29:57 PM
Sweetie, you're so precious! You have NO idea you're in the wrong forum/thread. Cute, but annoying. If you hate this man so much, stay out of this thread. Move along. *kisses*

Are YOU lost? Here, let me help you find the door.

steelbot

Hrm.....so...there's a NEW NEW _ Mayan Calender?

DanTSX

Quote from: steelbot on October 08, 2013, 02:57:24 AM
Hrm.....so...there's a NEW NEW _ Mayan Calender?

Yes.  Every month has a new picture of a unicorn in season specific clothing.   October and he is dressed up as a cowboy unicorn for Halloween.

ziznak

Quote from: steelbot on October 07, 2013, 12:13:15 AM
lol

speaking of punching a kitten =-P

Baby Kitten Stray!

this showed up at our house yesterday...

adorable... so you have a new kitten and new yewtube subscriber... I'll check you out after I get updated on falkies rants

WOTR

Just a reminder to all: George Noory has the hardest working mustache in radio... and that is awesome.

Why does this thread sit idle and unloved for days at a time?  I was waiting for the third page to comment how awesome it was that this thread has made the third page already.  It appears that it may never get there. :-\

WOTR

As promised in the Noory sucks thread...

It is with a heavy heart and great sadness that I admit that I am somewhat impressed that Dave actually called into MV's show, had a conversation, poked fun of himself a little ("Here is how you know it is me: How are Yooouu?"), stayed for awhile and offered to come back for a call in show. I know he is probably riding the "Art retired" high right now, but he handled it with some degree of class.  (Damn it all having to say that he showed some class.)

My world has now ended; nothing will ever be the same... While I cannot say that any of this is "awesome", it did not suck like some other developments in radio this week.

hitfan

Quote from: wotr1 on November 06, 2013, 03:52:32 AM
As promised in the Noory sucks thread...

It is with a heavy heart and great sadness that I admit that I am somewhat impressed that Dave actually called into MV's show, had a conversation, poked fun of himself a little ("Here is how you know it is me: How are Yooouu?") and stayed for awhile. I know he is probably riding the "Art retired" high right now, but he handled it with some degree of class.  (Damn it all having to say that he showed some class.)

My world has now ended; nothing will ever be the same... While I cannot say that any of this is "awesome", it did not suck like some other developments in radio this week.

In spite of the black hole of negative charisma that is George Noory on C2C, it was pretty awesome that he called into the haterz' den and he actually sounded like an interesting person.

Perhaps if he sounded more like that version of George Noory, some people would grudginly start a "George Noory doesn't suck as much as he used to" thread.

ziznak

Hehe the Jorch call was Uh-May-Zeeen!!  but cmon now he's still batting .100 when you look his whole career posting here n shit.  I still would love to hear him as a guest on the podcast.  The Oates question is still out there burning.

I may as well post Georges finest moment here too.
The podcast call

UrbanFool

Quote from: steelbot on October 06, 2013, 11:31:16 PM
whats the emerging artists nonsense....
What annoyed me most about this was that the songs were NEVER played long enough to even be able to tell if you liked them or not. If I were to send in one of those tapes, I would completely dispense with any kind of prelude and get right to the singing business. They'd almost be better to just start them in the middle.

shell88

We'e already got a George Noory Sucks Thread.  We don't need a George Noory is Awsome at Sucking thread" Really, we should just keep it one thread. 

WOTR

Time for a bump!  Certainly in the last half year Noory has done SOMETHING awesome?  Let's see... I know.  He quit posting here after his short bout of gloating when Art was no longer on the air.  That was really awesome of him to leave us in peace.

Kelt

Quote from: SR-71 on September 28, 2013, 04:39:06 PM
Here is for all of the George Noory fans. I know there is only a few around. Im starting this thread so George Noory does not feels to bad. George Noory is awesome in one way. He brought all of us together to this awesome forum started by our friend MV.

Great, thanks for that... now every time I hear the Lego Movie song "Everything is awesome" I'm going to be singing "George Noory is awesome... George Noory is cool when he's _______"

Curse you.

*shakes fist and goes grrrrrrrr*

WOTR

Back by popular demand and recently resurrected from the dead to attain zombie status... I give you, this thread!

***I don't know if it was actually "popular demand", but I am responding to a request from 136 or 142 for a "George Noory doesn't suck" thread.***

zeebo

Quote from: wotr1 on January 02, 2015, 06:43:21 PM
Back by popular demand and recently resurrected from the dead to attain zombie status... I give you, this thread!

***I don't know if it was actually "popular demand", but I am responding to a request from 136 or 142 for a "George Noory doesn't suck" thread.***

Guys this is like an average of one post per month.  C'mon you're gonna overload poor MV's server!

George's ignorance awes me every night.

inuk2600

Some AWESOME activity by George...

1. George tried to help Art's wife with her visa
2. George is helping Falkie to elevate his exposure by granting him an interview

Things are looking up!

The only thing Noory is awesome at is sucking.

Quote from: inuk2600 on April 15, 2015, 07:21:40 PM
Some AWESOME activity by George...

2. George is helping Falkie to elevate his exposure by granting him an interview...

Why isn't Tommy going to be there, doesn't he travel to conventions with George?

bateman

Quote from: Paper*Boy on April 15, 2015, 08:51:55 PM
Why isn't Tommy going to be there, doesn't he travel to conventions with George?

I wonder if they share a hotel room...

nextgen.fm

He does do a strong sell of Carnivora!

;D

NXOEED

He's magic. Remember the time he grabbed his thumb on the air and turned invisible because a caller told him to do it?

Nick el Ass

Quote from: NXOEED on April 29, 2015, 10:36:28 AM
He's magic. Remember the time he grabbed his thumb on the air and turned invisible because a caller told him to do it?

That is a step up from telling Tommy to pull his finger on air.

skidder

To be fair I think he was pretty good in Charlie and the Chocolate factory.  He even  made his moustache invisible for that.

WOTR

It has been over a year since this thread has been bumped.  As much as I still believe that George is awesome for his shoe polish hair colour and built-up tolerance to pizza rolls- there is another thing.  I do find it odd that he is happy to push cancer cures and wishing machines on his audience but draws the line at Falkie.  I also find it interesting that this development came after Falkie lost his audience at bellgab...  Still, it is a (baby) step in the right direction of awesome.

Quote from: MV on June 24, 2016, 09:38:09 PM
I'm paraphrasing, but Noory sent me a note saying they decided to drop Falkie's segment because they became aware of the laptop thing and they were concerned about putting someone of such questionable character on the air. Of course, Falkie will deny this.